Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 01-18-2010, 02:46 PM   #1
enemyofNWO
Avalon Senior Member

Default Is Project AVALON under spook attack ?

Is is not possible to view more than one or two pages . Is the database malfunctioning or DOS ?
If so what's the reason ?
enemyofNWO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 02:56 PM   #2
Majorion
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Is Project AVALON under spook attack ?

everythings working fine for me, right now.

yesterday i was having the same problems you're saying. It seems a database or server problem. but guess they fixed it now.
Majorion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 03:01 PM   #3
sunflower
Avalon Senior Member

Yesterday morning the data base on Avalon was not working. I got on briefly and then got cut off. Yesterday evening and today all is well.
sunflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 03:03 PM   #4
sunflower
Avalon Senior Member

Whoops! Didn't notice before I sent that message. I can only access two pages at the moment. (1-2)
sunflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 03:12 PM   #5
Fredkc
Project Avalon Member

In this "age of enlightenment" you'd think people would also reserve some blame for plain ol' everyday events.

It is human nature tho that,

"No one fights small enemies, or dreams little dreams."

Sometimes an inconvenient event, is nothing more than that.

Evil cannot be killed. Only redeemed.

Chat us up at: Avalon Chat
Fredkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 03:38 PM   #6
GaiaLove
Avalon Administrator

No it isnt.

At around 9am EST yesterday the database started acting up and went down soon afterward. The problem was fixed by our own staff and all was back in order by 2am EST this morning, we apologize for the delay and any inconvenience.
Steps are already being taken to ensure this type of outage is a thing of the past.

Peace

Click here to chat LIVE with other members of Avalon
GaiaLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 04:45 PM   #7
Zeddo
Avalon Senior Member

To be under attack, we need to be important, and I hate to say it but no, avalon is not a threat. It is merely a clearing house of regurgitation.
The original works mainly centre on love poems and writings of a definitely non threatening nature; and they are definitely not perceived as threats by the goons.
The day that the BK franchise actually interview anyone with something pertinent to say, lets name 1 topic, overunity machine, and spill all the beans including blue prints: Then this site would be regarded a threat.
Sorry, it's only ego that would care to think we are under anything like attack. I agree whole-heartedly with Fredkc.
Zeddo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 08:42 PM   #8
Frank Samuel
Project Avalon Moderator

Talking Re: Is Project AVALON under spook attack ?

Is easy to forget that project camelot is averaging a million visitors per month.
I've been having problems with two of my internet wifi connections. About the same time maybe is just coincidence. There's a few people that are monitor in project avalon , why ? Well that's a good question that only the people that know can answer . Just think about some of these whistle blowers posting documents they slip out, if they do this I am sure somebody is going to be knocking at their door. Hey if you ask around you will find a lot of whistle blowers posting in project avalon which is pretty cool. Is easy to downplay the importance of this website specially if your neck is not on the line.
Frank Samuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 09:14 PM   #9
Phoenix
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredkc View Post
In this "age of enlightenment" you'd think people would also reserve some blame for plain ol' everyday events.

It is human nature tho that,

"No one fights small enemies, or dreams little dreams."

Sometimes an inconvenient event, is nothing more than that.
You mean it wasnt HAARP??
Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 09:17 PM   #10
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeddo View Post
To be under attack, we need to be important, and I hate to say it but no, avalon is not a threat. It is merely a clearing house of regurgitation.
Seashore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 09:34 AM   #11
enemyofNWO
Avalon Senior Member

Some people seem to think that PA is only dealing with recycled information of minimal importance already known and
available in countless places on the internet or on books .
Somebody mentioned that if PA published the circuit design
Of Zero Point energy devices this web site would be definitely under attack and probably the owners would be risking their lives .
Certainly this is true , but in my view , this assertion is a bit simplistic because there are other types of information that the PTB doesn’t want out . So let’s assume for a moment that in the last few days some information or link was published that is dangerous to the PTB . How would this problem be resolved ?
A denial of service attack (DOS) would be too obvious and many people would recognize it . But what about sabotaging the database ? This could be made to appear as it was provoked by natural causes .
Theoretically it is possible . How many times has PA suffered “ database problems” in the last 12 months ? Is this a recurring software fault that needs to be fixed or are there suspicions of external interference ? IT is a very well known fact that the PTB employs thousand of hackers , shills and spies to watch over sites like this one and others .
Ask yourself a simple question : why were there so many spies from different European agencies at the Zurich conference ?
Old 01-19-2010, 11:38 AM   #12
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

It is possible of course - however we have got good resources both on and available to the team of admins and network admins that give us a strong defensive posture that keeps the site safe from hackers.

We have a lot of members who know the ropes and have from time to time offered help, but right now we are in a good place in terms of the quality of service. We are with a good hosting company - in my opinion the best that Avalon has ever been with so far (and why you have seen so few errors since we moved!).

It is expensive to run things this way. Donate more money to Bill and Kerry and say thanks for forking out the big bucks for a quality host!

A..
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 11:47 AM   #13
mpea
Avalon Senior Member

In principal I wouldn't have a problem with donating to help keep the forum going; however; for Bill and kerry to be asking for donations to fund their travel; well, that's another ball game. Why can't they interview over skype and why should anyone donate for them to travel to go to South Africa? Thery just did a radio interview with Michael Tellinger; why should anyone donate for them to go on a jolly to SA?

pea
mpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 12:23 PM   #14
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpea View Post
In principal I wouldn't have a problem with donating to help keep the forum going; however; for Bill and kerry to be asking for donations to fund their travel; well, that's another ball game. Why can't they interview over skype and why should anyone donate for them to travel to go to South Africa? Thery just did a radio interview with Michael Tellinger; why should anyone donate for them to go on a jolly to SA?

pea
I dont know.

My guess is that some times interviews (especially conferences) are done over a series of days with much time and conversation involved - including the video which adds a useful dimension to some (the ones that like to take in body language).

I think they try to fit a lot in and make the trips count.

I personally don't have an issue with how they spend the money I gave them because it is the sum of the output that counts for me - even though my own primary interest is this forum.

A..
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 06:42 PM   #15
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member

Is it possible to retrospectively analyze who was posting what...at the moment the database crashed? This has happened two or three times now...and I fully believe that technology is such that the plug can be pulled at any time...and for any reason...in a variety of ways...by a variety of sources. But then I'm pretty unstable and paranoid...so what do I know!?

Namaste

Last edited by orthodoxymoron; 01-19-2010 at 07:06 PM.
orthodoxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 07:09 PM   #16
enemyofNWO
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by orthodoxymoron View Post
Is it possible to retrospectively analyze who was posting what...at the moment the database crashes? This has happened two or three times now...and I fully believe that technology is such that the plug can be pulled at any time...and for any reason...in a variety of ways...by a variety of sources. But then I'm pretty unstable and paranoid!

Namaste

No Ortho , you are not unstable or paranoid . Those are legitimate questions .
I am not blowing my own trumpet but was this the reason for the problems ?

http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=19319
Old 01-19-2010, 07:09 PM   #17
GaiaLove
Avalon Administrator

The technical details of the outage, the reasons why it went down is solely a typical computer system issue and in no way was caused by anyone. The software that runs Avalon has many options and after a recent upgrade a certain switch was turned on by default, it created the issue that caused the problem. Found, fixed and forgotten, lets move on

Quote:
Originally Posted by orthodoxymoron View Post
Is it possible to retrospectively analyze who was posting what...at the moment the database crashes? This has happened two or three times now...and I fully believe that technology is such that the plug can be pulled at any time...and for any reason...in a variety of ways...by a variety of sources. But then I'm pretty unstable and paranoid!

Namaste

Click here to chat LIVE with other members of Avalon
GaiaLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 05:03 AM   #18
Harry_CDN
Avalon Senior Member

Its best to be thankful the site is still running.
Harry_CDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 05:14 AM   #19
Karen
Project Avalon Organizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaiaLove View Post
The technical details of the outage, the reasons why it went down is solely a typical computer system issue and in no way was caused by anyone. The software that runs Avalon has many options and after a recent upgrade a certain switch was turned on by default, it created the issue that caused the problem. Found, fixed and forgotten, lets move on
Not only that, but since October, this default "switch" setting could have been responsible for every forum outage. It is now fixed. Thank you Richard!
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 06:44 AM   #20
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member

Thank-you Richard for the hard work, technical expertise, and description of what happened. I feel better already...but I'd still like to know who was posting what during each failure. I guess I watched too many episodes of Columbo. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leybG...eature=related Art Bell probably had something to do with it as well. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ee3bld4lTG0 Or maybe it was "V". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2B_av...eature=related One more thing. I was in the middle of posting during two of the failures.

Namaste

Last edited by orthodoxymoron; 01-20-2010 at 07:12 AM.
orthodoxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote