Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > What’s Going Down > News And Updates

Notices

Old 01-24-2009, 11:22 AM   #1
no caste

Default World Life Day - Jan 27, 2009!!

I invite you to celebrate World Life Day on Jan 27, 2009. It's to honour asteram's serious service to garcia, whoever garcia is... (no offense, asteram).

Besides, World Onwards Day didn't sound too great; neither does World Breast Day. Typically, the UN acknowledges this date as UN Holocaust Memorial Day, but as I yanked before, everyday is Holocaust day somewhere on earth. To set a Vision for the Future, and to recognize the scope of senseless suffering in genocidal activity, it's time to plant diverse GMO-free seeds, calm the water, and be alone in our grief communities, while thinking of ways to make the earth & humanity flourish for posterity, through the telling of our stories and love of land, sea, skies, heavens.

Adapt it freely. Add, subtract, multiply, divide - it's an idea.

New slogan: HI NEIGHBOR

How to Practice Lunar Gardening, Friday, May 30, 2008
http://www.answerbag.com/articles/Ho...8-91289d66cd81

Instructions
Things You’ll Need:

* Gardening tools
* An almanac or moon phase chart
* Seeds or plants

How to Practice Lunar Gardening

Step 1:
Garden by the moon. First, identify the times of month when the moon is waxing and waning. The moon's influence on gardening increases as it is in cycle between new- and full- moon phase. The moon's influence begins to decrease with the waning moon.
Step 2:
Garden during the new moon. For the best results, plant seeds and flowers that bloom or produce above ground during the new moon. For farmers, this is the best time to sow fields with grains and corns. It is also the best time to plant crops such as asparagus, Brussels sprouts and broccoli. Fruits like tomatoes should be planted during the new moon.
Step 3:
Fertilize during the new moon. The new moon is a time of growth and an excellent time to feed and fertilize and plants that need encouragement.
Step 4:
Garden during the full moon. The full moon has great influence over water as an element and, by association, fover ruits with watery marrow. Zucchini, cucumbers, watermelons and eggplants all benefit from being planted during the new moon.
Step 5:
Harvest herbs during the full moon. Herbs picked during the full moon and allowed to dry quickly have increased potency and flavor. Pick mushrooms during the full moon just after dawn, when the dew is still on the ground.
Step 6:
Plant during the waning moon. Root vegetable will thrive when planted during the waning moon. Plant onions, turnips, beets and potatoes during the waning moon and reap the rewards of a strong harvest. Strawberries also perform well when planted during a full moon. Prune and harvest during full moons for the best results.

Tips & Warnings

* When gardening at night, always use a light source.

LOVE TO ALL

New moon: Jan 26, 2009, dark nights & lots of stars
Solar eclipse: Jan 26, 2009 9:59 UT
Australia Day: Jan 26, 2009
Chinese New Year: Jan 26, 2009 - Year of the Ox, lots of work & capability

Last edited by no caste; 01-26-2009 at 07:16 AM.
Old 01-27-2009, 11:09 PM   #2
asteram
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: World Life Day - Jan 27, 2009!!

Thank you, no caste, for initiating the first World Life Day.

And I appreciate getting a mention; we all appreciate being noticed, no?

As to lunar gardening, I have to laugh. When I read the title I really thought you were making a joke about gardening on the moon.

Tools needed:

Space suit
Air tanks

Lol.

I used to buy a good lunar gardening calendar in the Pacific NW USA that had tasks laid out every few days througout the year based on the phases of the moon and the astrological sign it was in. I honestly don't know how well it coordinated success-wise, but I used it for years because it told me: DO THIS NOW. Which was very handy.

Happy World Life Day! Hi Neighbor! Onwards!
asteram is offline   Reply With Quote