Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 01-29-2010, 06:36 PM   #51
illuminate
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: can you FORGIVE us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Pilgrim View Post
I pray that everyone finds true forgiveness and share the love that they are capable of giving not only to their family and friends but also for the whole of humanity.

Namaste.
Mystic Pilgrim

ME TOO! Thank you

~ love in you ~
illuminate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 06:39 PM   #52
Shaynard
Avalon Senior Member

I forgive myself for what I've forgotten today.

I forgive myself for what I struggle to remember.

I forgive my friends for not understand "me" today.

I forgive me... I forgive us.. I forgive them.

I forgive and I love, and I am excited to be here still.

I forgive myself for asking to leave.

In light, of love
Shaynard
Shaynard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 06:53 PM   #53
Fredkc
Project Avalon Member

Quote:
forgiveness is typically defined as the process of concluding resentment, indignation or anger as a result of a perceived offense, difference or mistake, and/or ceasing to demand punishment or restitution.
Forgiveness from others is an indication, but
Forgiveness of self is key.
When you no longer stand as your own accuser then "whatever it is" has truly fallen away.
Quote:
Forgiveness is unconditional love under will - a conscious intent to resolve that which is forgiven.
In that process one ceases to re-create it, as well.

random thoughts...

Evil cannot be killed. Only redeemed.

Chat us up at: Avalon Chat
Fredkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 06:56 PM   #54
illuminate
Avalon Senior Member

beautiful thoughts Fredkc, Thank you

~ love in you ~
Old 01-30-2010, 05:09 PM   #55
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

I found this nice story that fits so well the topic of your thread Illuminate ...

About a year ago, my boyfriend and I had split up. The cause for this had many elements that culminated to deliver the last blow. He was away from home often, I wasn't happy where we lived, our lives were quite stressful etc. etc. etc. You know the story. I was left devastated, with the wind completely knocked out of my sails so to speak. One morning I was standing in the shower when I experienced a rather persistent 'idea' coming to me. It was just one word: 'Forgiveness'. This, I thought was a bit strange... especially the fact that it wouldn't go away. It kept ringing at the back of my mind. Eventually, I sat down at the computer and Googled the word. I typed in 'forgiveness' and hit the enter button.

Loads of links popped up and I clicked on one randomly. Here, I discovered the story of a woman who had a similar nudging that I had had earlier that morning. Her problem however, was her father. He was a very militant type who never showed any emotion and was very aggressive, critical and just downright unavailable as a dad. She was interested in what Jesus had said about having to forgive seventy times seven times and decided that perhaps, there is a deeper meaning behind this than just taking it at face value.

Then, every day for seven days she sat down and wrote in long-hand: 'I forgive my father.' She noted that she really didn't mean it at the beginning, but that she kept going. It didn't matter that she didn't mean it initially. What did matter was that she was taking the first step towards releasing the poison of anger and bitterness that has imprisoned her for a lifetime. A while after this week of focused and structured forgiveness, she was visiting her parents. Over a period of time she had noticed a change in her old man, but by now the change was very evident and she commented on it to her mother. "Hasn't Dad just changed so much, Mom?" she said. "I know it sounds strange," her mother replied, "but it's only with you."

If you happen to be the person who wrote that story, I'd just like to thank you for paying it forward. It helped me to discover the power of forgiveness in my life. After having read it, I thought about it for a long time. Not without resistance either. There was no way I was going to spend the rest of my life making forgiveness lists. I simply didn't have the time and I get pretty bored pretty quickly. Then, one day, it dawned on me. I had to make a forgiveness rosary. I took 70 rose quartz beads and strung them up in a rosary fashion and every day for seven days, I would close my eyes and forgive the man out loud, as I moved from one bead to the next, using it as a sort of abacus of prayers. By saying one prayer for each bead you pull aside, one can safely remove your mind from counting. By the time you reach the knot, you know that you've said 70 prayers. This prayer has brought about some interesting events in my life.

The changes that happened were initially hardly visible and yet so powerful. We ended up getting back together again in the end and then, one day, upon my commenting on how much he's changed, he replied: "but I didn't try or do anything to change'. What I've learned about forgiveness is that it is a means of healing from within, above all else. The Forgiveness Prayer has become a part of my daily life now and I can recommend it to anyone who's ready to see the power of positive change happen in their lives & especially those who have difficult relationships with anyone from their parents to their spouse.

It will not always be easy and you will have to keep going at it, but the peace that comes from this prayer really is Divine and you will notice the change. Try it & then share it.

Love Always
mudra
mudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 06:13 PM   #56
illuminate
Avalon Senior Member

wow, Mudra, THANK U very much!!!

that is such a wonderful example...
and how very helpful that it includes
a practical application as well

Thank you for thinking of us and sharing this

~ love in you ~
Old 01-30-2010, 08:25 PM   #57
lilac
Avalon Senior Member

I think it is important to mention Ho'oponopono here. This is the Hawaiian art of forgiveness, based on the understanding that we are all ONE and taking responsibility for the experience. It is easy to google and simple to learn. Another thing that has helped me tremendously with forgiveness is an oldish interview between David Wilcock and Larry Seyers, called "There's Only One of Us Here". Wilcock_Audioblog_2008.8.15.mp3 http://divinecosmos.com/index.php/st...one-of-us-here

Part 1 and Part 2. I have listened to this over and over. It is funny and engaging. The idea about forgiveness that they discussed was that Forgiveness is the miracle that can change the timeline. That is an awesome thought to consider and an experiment worth trying. Thank you all for being Truth Seekers and for addressing an important issue like this that can really change the world.

.....sorry, first time posting a link... the above should work better

[No worries - I fixed it and merged the posts - A..]

Last edited by Anchor; 01-31-2010 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Fixed link and merged posts
lilac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 11:02 PM   #58
illuminate
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac View Post
I think it is important to mention Ho'oponopono here. This is the Hawaiian art of forgiveness, based on the understanding that we are all ONE and taking responsibility for the experience. It is easy to google and simple to learn.
THANK U Lilac for this... I had never heard of Ho'oponopono,
THX for the introduction!
and Wilcock's "There's Only One of Us Here" is just brilliant,
a great reference for us all, thank you for sharing this.
He has such a wonderful way of summing things up!

Quote:
The idea about forgiveness that they discussed was that Forgiveness is the miracle that can change the timeline. That is an awesome thought to consider and an experiment worth trying.
you bet it is!!! this is exactly what I believe as well.

forgiveness = freedom
fear binds the world and forgiveness sets it free

and the only way to experience true peace (inner peace) is
through forgiveness

in forgiving others, you are actually forgiving yourself

if you don't forgive, then you must judge

it also helps to remember that we are only capable of two emotions:
fear and love, that's it

~ one love ~
Old 01-30-2010, 11:35 PM   #59
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks for starting this thread my friend.

Im not of any religion but the teachings of Jesus are a great influence on my life.
On the cross Jesus said " Forgive then for they know not what they do"
Basically they were spiritually ignorant.
I believe that Jesus came as a Saviour for all mankind and will intercede for us at the gates of heaven if we ask Him to. He also taught surrender or alignment to the will of God.

The Course in Miracles teaches there is nothing to forgive as we are one in Christ and it never happened. Basically the course says that we never left God we are dreaming our separation. The course is designed to awaken us from the dream.

When people give us a hard time its because they are not capable of doing otherwise.
We have the choice to take it personally or not.

There is a lovely story.
Two monks came acros a woman desperate to cross a swollen river.
The elder of the two chose to carry her across even though monks were not allowed to have physical contact with females and left her safely on the other side.

A few miles further on the younger monk remonstrated the other.
"Father you know it is forbidden to be in contact with a woman yet you carnied her across the river,"
The older one said. "Son I only carried her across the river you have been carrying her the last few miles"

People say and do things and if we are not carefully we can carry them for days.
Then who is hurting who?

Forgiveness is just letting go and being present in the eternal moment..

Past is history, future is mystery.

Chris
Namaste
greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 11:18 AM   #60
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
David Wilcock and Larry Seyers, called "There's Only One of Us Here".
Lilac

I listened to that as well last year - a quality chat between two friends.

My wife and I continually refer to Larry Seyers saying: "There is only one of us here!" - I'm changing my sig because of your post - thanks!

A..
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 01:37 PM   #61
conjuredUp
Avalon Senior Member

In my recent experience (because I am constantly changing and growing) I find forgiveness to be an extension of allowance. Of accepting what IS.

Time is an illusion as Mr. Wilcox states and so have many others. When we are seized up because of some event that occurred that our ego latches onto and forces us to relive over and over again, expecting a different outcome we are not accepting that event.

I've been working on allowing... allowing everything to be as it is. As it chooses to be. Who am I to ask anything or anyone to be any different than who or what they are? Even past events that caused me "trauma"? I am no better or lesser than any creature that has inhabited this, or any other planet.

When I ALLOW? There is nothing to forgive. There is only love.

Threads like this are the reason I stay on Avalon.
I love you, all. To the core.

LOVELOVELOVE,
C
conjuredUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 05:25 AM   #62
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by conjuredUp View Post
In so doing - you forgive. See how it works ?

A..
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 10:16 AM   #63
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by conjuredUp View Post

LOVELOVELOVE,
C

I understand this Conjured up ...when we are completely in the present moment then mindfullness sets in . Mindfullness is nonjudgmental observation . It is the ability to observe without criticism. On sees then things without condemnation or judgement. One does'nt take sides as it's nonconceptual awareness that takes place without reference to self.
What we experience in deep meditation we extend to life itself and what is left in our present-time awareness is Love only. There is then indeed nothing to forgive for we carry no past judgment neither future expectations.

Love Always
mudra
Old 02-01-2010, 04:07 PM   #64
illuminate
Avalon Senior Member

Good Day all you beautiful people!

Greybeard
, I was hoping you'd chime in with your wisdom = )
THANK U, you always relay the best stories! and thx for bringing up the
Course in Miracles, the Course is what has really opened my eyes.

if anyone out there is wondering if the Course may be for them,
I highly recommend this book by Gary Renard called:

"The Disappearing Universe"
http://www.amazon.com/Disappearance-.../dp/0965680959

it's a wonderful precursor to the Course and even if your not interested
in the Course itself, it's a truly wonderful read!
from the cover...

"straight talk about illusions, past lives, religion and the miracles of forgiveness"

this book has helped me understand so much. it's super easy to read and even has
a wicked sense of humor. this is what has helped me understand the importance
of forgiveness and how to, especially with 911.

Renard's book gives a fantastic explanation of the ego too...
and as many of you know, our biggest battle in this experience is the ego.
oh that ego is trixie to say the least, Greybeard has a wonderful thread on
the ego here: http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=18206

and conjuredUp... it is SO NICE to see you again, I remember you
and your love from avalon's inception. so glad to see you here now!
forgiveness, allowance, acceptance are kinda all in the same boat for
me and when you said:
"I've been working on allowing... allowing everything to be as it is. As it chooses to be."
me too! it took me a very long time to realize that no matter what anyone (of us)
chooses to do, whether it's saving a life or taking a life, that it's all just perfect! reminding
myself constantly that I AM the only one here helps me tremendously. to love a stranger
is to love myself. THANK U Mudra for bringing up mindfulness, as one of your beautiful
threads says: NOW IS LOVE

THANK U all for keeping this thread going, not for me, but for us!
it's SO easy to forget, and threads like this one and others on avalon that aren't
pushing fear, are the important reminders we all need. Blessings to us all = )

this is from the Course and I have made it my daily mantra:
seek not to change the world, but choose to change your mind about the world

~ love in us ~

Old 02-01-2010, 06:08 PM   #65
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

THANK U all for keeping this thread going, not for me, but for us!
it's SO easy to forget, and threads like this one and others on avalon that aren't
pushing fear, are the important reminders we all need. Blessings to us all = )

this is from the Course and I have made it my daily mantra:
seek not to change the world, but choose to change your mind about the world

Yes its a great thread and it is so important to be positive.
Thanks also for your kind comments
Chris
greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 06:24 PM   #66
Shaynard
Avalon Senior Member

I forgive myself for my absence and all I "left waiting" while I was ''away".

I forgive those who don't understand.

I forgive "him" for what "he" was trying to do.

I ask forgiveness for having to fight "him".

I forgive my ego for telling me it's 'all good", it's not.

I too greatly appreciate the teachings of "Jesus". Forgiveness, love, trust in oneself. Connection with the Mother and Father of our life here on "earth".

"Forgive them, for the do not know" is something I repeat to myself often.

I forgive my newest list of scars.

In light, of love
Shaynard
Old 02-06-2010, 10:40 AM   #67
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Love Always
mudra
Old 02-10-2010, 06:29 PM   #68
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

I'm listening to the archive of Freeman being interviewed by Henrik of Red Ice Creations during the 2nd hour on February 4, 2010, and what Freeman just said made me think about this thread.

They were talking about the New World order plans of the elite and how they go about achieving their goals.

The subject of 9-11 and the 9-11 truth movement has come up. Calling for justice is being explored, and Freeman has said that he "preaches forgiveness." He said that the elites want us to clamor for justice. He also pointed out that the elite are mind-controlled slaves themselves. I believe this to be true. So forgiveness is appropriate.
Seashore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 07:11 PM   #69
Shaynard
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seashore View Post
The subject of 9-11 and the 9-11 truth movement has come up. Calling for justice is being explored, and Freeman has said that he "preaches forgiveness." He said that the elites want us to clamor for justice. He also pointed out that the elite are mind-controlled slaves themselves. I believe this to be true. So forgiveness is appropriate.
Excellent... I agree completely and have been trying to express the same to friends. Thank you for sharing this..

I forgive my mistakes.. I did not know.

I forgive my mistakes.. I did know.

I forgive myself for not always being clear, and feeling I have to hide.

I forgive those who can't seem understand.

In light, of love
Shaynard
Old 02-10-2010, 07:14 PM   #70
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaynard View Post
Excellent... I agree completely and have been trying to express the same to friends. Thank you for sharing this..
You're welcome.

If we were to actually do this, it would free up a lot of energy for positive, life-affirming, action, wouldn't it?
Old 02-10-2010, 07:34 PM   #71
Shaynard
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seashore View Post
You're welcome.

If we were to actually do this, it would free up a lot of energy for positive, life-affirming, action, wouldn't it?
Yes it definitely would. There are many things that have happened.. that are terrible. We all wish they had not happened, but.. we also can't change the past. So we learn from it, find our way to understand it.. and if we can forgive it.. We can let it go. Less energy spent on negative situations (without turning a "blind eye" to them either) will always get my vote.

In light, of love
Shaynard
Old 02-10-2010, 10:43 PM   #72
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaynard View Post
Yes it definitely would. There are many things that have happened.. that are terrible. We all wish they had not happened, but.. we also can't change the past. So we learn from it, find our way to understand it.. and if we can forgive it.. We can let it go. Less energy spent on negative situations (without turning a "blind eye" to them either) will always get my vote.

In light, of love
Shaynard
Thank you! I think this post sums things up very wisely! Especially not turning a blind eye. You're talking about dealing with the truth, with love.
Old 03-03-2010, 08:08 PM   #73
illuminate
Avalon Senior Member

"Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heal that has crushed it."
- Mark Twain

"Eating words has never given me indigestion."

- Sir Winston Churchill

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong."
- Mahatma Gandhi

"Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much."
- Oscar Wilde

~ one love ~

Tags
911, forgive