Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Old 09-20-2008, 04:54 PM   #76
chelmostef
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Vegetarians or Vegans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lear View Post
But GOD created us this way.
As beings who consume living resources.
We've to accept our position!

I myself would like to consume only sunlight, that would be good for my purse as for my waist.
But unfortunately that's not the way GOD created us.

Is a wolf cruel, when he kills a sheep to survive?
Or a bear who catches a salmon at the waterfalls?
Bears are indeed so wasteful that they only rip out the caviar of the salmons and then throw away the rest of the corpse.

No.
Only the meat consuming human is mean and cruel.
Ok its nice to debate with you.

Wolves. Bears. And salmon as they are canivores. They do not have a choice. If they dont eat what nature provides they would die. We have a choice, you have a choice. We have evolved and that enables us to have a choice.

God! You mean the alien race that put us here? Or do you mean the one we say sorry to every sunday for our sins that we commit in the week?

Last edited by chelmostef; 09-21-2008 at 10:18 AM.
chelmostef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 05:03 PM   #77
historycircus

In most states there are more codes and regulations for the raising of livestock than there are for raising human children.

California is just one:

http://law.justia.com/california/codes/fac.html
Old 09-20-2008, 05:16 PM   #78
King Lear
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelmostef View Post
Ok its nice to debate with you.

Wolves, bears, and salmon as they are canivores too. They do not have a choice. If they dont eat what nature provides they would die. We have a choice you have a choice. We have evolved and that enables us to have a choice.

God! You mean the alien race that put us here? Or do you mean the one we say sorry to every sunday for our sins that we commit in the week?

That's not quite correct!
Bears are omnivores, they eat hunny, berries and even gras and plants.
So they would have a choice, but obviously meat and fish delivers them the most proteine.

And don't mess with GOD!
I belive in him! Perhaps he isn't the white bearded man and perhaps aliens have played with our DNA, but at the end there's an eternal source from which everything came respectively which/who created everything.

And I name it GOD.

Last edited by King Lear; 09-21-2008 at 12:17 AM. Reason: Removed oversized graphics
King Lear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 08:14 AM   #79
uniconr
Avalon Senior Member

i would just like to thank Phtha for referring me to
http://www.rawfoodexplained.com/index.html

it is so comprehensive. it has answered the questions i had about nutrition.

Quote:
by invoking the name (and comic book musculature) of god, what king lear is saying is that human physiology and physical health are subjects tangible to science. as opposed to say, morals and belief systems. so to address those former topics,

meat and degenerative diseases

Last edited by uniconr; 10-05-2008 at 11:31 PM. Reason: freudian slip
uniconr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 09:45 AM   #80
King Lear
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uniconr View Post
by invoking the name (and comic book musculature) of god, what john lear is saying is that human physiology and physical health are subjects tangible to science. as opposed to say, morals and belief systems. so to address those former topics,

John Lear says nothing. I'm NOT JOHN Lear!!!
Old 11-25-2008, 05:18 AM   #81
King Lear
Avalon Senior Member

Old 11-25-2008, 05:51 AM   #82
freekatz
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by historycircus View Post
In most states there are more codes and regulations for the raising of livestock than there are for raising human children.

California is just one:

http://law.justia.com/california/codes/fac.html

Get real! I'm sorry but if you believe that then maybe you must feel that animals feel no physical pain, fear or emotions.

I've yet to meet a child who wants to savage a cow in a field or a rip a little bunny to death and gnaw into it's flesh,but put a child near some fresh strawberries or other ripe fruit and they do want to bite into that. I don't believe that the human body is designed for meat eating, this is why meat is such a major contributor to colon cancer, we don't have the enzymes to break it down.

Like everything else on this planet our bodies are very adaptable and have adapted to eat meat when necessity dictates and it can be a hard transition for some bodies to go from meat eating to veganism. The body has forgotten how to make it's own proteins from other sources, by paying very close attention to what you eat and getting a very balanced diet it is possible though.

My personal oplnion is that by eating animals a person is not only causing unnecessary suffering but that person is also eating food of a very low vibration, one of fear and pain...not good for the digestion or the being!

Comparing vegetables to animals is too pathetic to even comment on
freekatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 12:59 PM   #83
Swanny
I dont need a label !

Why do some people call themselves Vegetarians and then eat fish??
Can I be a Vegetarian that only eats chicken???
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 03:04 PM   #84
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

I find it interesting that all vegan threads on all forums absolutely rage. I think both sides need to go and look within themselves for possible unconscious messages and "let go of it".

The funny thing is that in one of Hubby's session he had a lifetime where his military superiors implanted a whole digestive tract into him and his comrades who were assigned to a planet. It was meant to keep them busy in bodies and less able to spiritually develop themselves and thus lift up out of their bodies, thus out of the control of their superiors.

I am always a bit suspicious, therefore, of spiritual leaders and teachers who glorify the human body. Perhaps I have only seen the dark side and maybe there is a bright side to having a body. IMHO it is only "okay" if one does not let it prevent them from realizing themselves as a spiritual being.
Gnosis5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 04:47 PM   #85
Metaphor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanny View Post
Why do some people call themselves Vegetarians and then eat fish??
Can I be a Vegetarian that only eats chicken???
Swanny, bear with us whom have just found out that meat is wrong. The transition perhaps takes a little more time if you were once eating lots of meat (like i did)
Yes i do eat fish, and i say i am a vegetarian who include fish in my diet, as a way to avoid eating animals. My goal is not veganism but respect to everything i eat. Therefore lending some milk from an animal is not wrong per say. It is the way we harvest other living beings that is wrong.
We cannot criticise the aliens that harvest us if we do the same to animals IMO
Metaphor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 05:38 PM   #86
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

I stopped eating meat out of compassion for animals. It was several years ago. It just happened so, although I was raised 'on meat". I eat fish occasionally but I won't eat another mammal.
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 05:40 PM   #87
Swanny
I dont need a label !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphor View Post
Swanny, bear with us whom have just found out that meat is wrong. The transition perhaps takes a little more time if you were once eating lots of meat (like i did)
Yes i do eat fish, and i say i am a vegetarian who include fish in my diet, as a way to avoid eating animals. My goal is not veganism but respect to everything i eat. Therefore lending some milk from an animal is not wrong per say. It is the way we harvest other living beings that is wrong.
We cannot criticise the aliens that harvest us if we do the same to animals IMO
I dont think it's wrong to eat meat, I love it
Old 11-25-2008, 05:51 PM   #88
efields
Avalon Senior Member

Hmmm Do you think your greens aren't screaming as you chew them? They are. Did you know they hooked a lie detector up to a pkg. of eggs and when they put one in the boiling water the other 11 slipped a beat? simply amazing.

Watch the Nature Channel. Nothing on Earth survives without eating the next lower life form. Perhaps flowers are innocent, but they require resources. Everything on Earth is alive. Everything on Earth is conscious. The best you can do is Thank the food and Bless it before you consume it. The Native Peoples new this well...

I should add I was a veggi fro a few years, and was a member of the Vegetarian Society in CA. While there I saw more violence practiced on the meat eaters than I could stomach. We must lose our violence and attack modes. They are outdated and serve us no longer.

Last edited by efields; 11-25-2008 at 05:59 PM.
efields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 06:06 PM   #89
keria13
Avalon Senior Member

Hello everyone

I have seen here a lot of talks about when turning into vegetarian might cos some health problems, but i think those people miss the main idea. Turning into vegatarian should not be due to better health, we Humans can live without hurting anybody, everybeing should be treated the same no matter what IQ it has. Its time when people finally understand that in the Universe not everyone has equal start and we Humans can choose not to kill any being and live happily.
keria13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 06:30 PM   #90
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:

Me, too, I'm one with that baby lamb. Eating is primitive by any standards, but did you know that reptilians eat to also absorb the spirit?!
Eating is a form of communication and being able to get into communication, although I don't promote it. At some point my eating compulsions will disappear entirely.
Gnosis5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 08:19 PM   #91
Swanny
I dont need a label !

Thumbs up Re: Vegetarians or Vegans?

If we didn't eat meat or drink milk how many animals do you thing would live in our fields??
People wouldn't keep them for pets.
I've worked on many farms in my life (used to be a agricultural engineer fitting milking parlours etc) and I know that most of the animals on English farms are well kept and happy, ok their ending is a bit grim but their lives up until then are ok, if we didn't need them they wouldn't get a life at all.
So do your bit and eat one so that it gets a life
Old 11-25-2008, 08:32 PM   #92
King Lear
Avalon Senior Member

So, you Veggies want us to eat Soylent Green?!?

Soylent Green is P....!!!!!

Last edited by King Lear; 11-25-2008 at 08:36 PM.
Old 11-25-2008, 08:38 PM   #93
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcora View Post
At the risk of being labeled a provocoteur or a troll I have a viewpoint.

Karma is for all beings - including animals and perhaps vegetables.

Has anyone thought that perhaps an animal giving his life to feed and nurture a higher being creates good karma which will allow that animal to ascend to a higher state of conciousness? Perhaps when a higher being eats an animal and gives him the opportunity to ascend that also generates good karma for the individual.

I know this is out of vegan mainstream belief and again, I don't mean to disrupt or instigate. It is just a thought that I had.
I have always wanted to believe that, but the way we treat them or the way we kill them...They suffer so much.
Old 11-25-2008, 08:51 PM   #94
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:

I myself would like to consume only sunlight, that would be good for my purse as for my waist.

How do you know for sure that God created us that way? There is so much talk going on about humans being created by someone else, or about someone tampering with our DNA, that maybe we are not the way we were originally created by God.And our task here is to become what we were supposed to be.
Old 11-25-2008, 08:57 PM   #95
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by historycircus View Post
Aren't plants living creatures too? Or is it only OK to eat living organisms outside our biological classification?
What a senseless comparison! There is a big difference between a cabbage and a dog! Would you come up with a similar comparison if humans were food to other creatures?
Old 11-25-2008, 08:58 PM   #96
King Lear
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:

Quote:
And don't mess with GOD!
I belive in him! Perhaps he isn't the white bearded man and perhaps aliens have played with our DNA, but at the end there's an eternal source from which everything came respectively which/who created everything.

And I name it GOD.

please quote me fully next time
Old 11-25-2008, 09:02 PM   #97
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:

I have a feeling that your vibrations are the lowest here. And I sense a lot of negativity from you.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:10 PM   #98
King Lear
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgundia View Post
I have a feeling that your vibrations are the lowest here. And I sense a lot of negativity from you.

yes you are right
i am always negative if a certain minority wants to force the majority to adapt the minorities way of life
and want them to throw their own way of life into the garbage can!

greetings
your negative KL
Old 11-25-2008, 09:26 PM   #99
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
yes you are right
i am always negative if a certain minority wants to force the majority to adapt the minorities way of life
and want them to throw their own way of life into the garbage can!

greetings
your negative KL
1. I don't think any minority here is forcing anything on any majority. Minority cannot 'force" anything, but..."A small group of thoughtful people could change the world.Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."
2.The negativity i sense from you comes from what you write, from the face of King lear anf from the pictures you attach.As if there is a hidden rage in you...
Old 11-25-2008, 11:19 PM   #100
Metaphor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Good for you then Swanny

I actually tried some meat for dinner folks, as my kids (whom I wont force to do as I do, they´ll have to decide for themselves) had some ground beef (yes I was preparing it for them) and potatoes etc.
I just had to try some, to see how my feeling towards it was since we are having this little discussion. It was going into the bin anyway (I´m practical about it, dont like food being wasted- if the poor animal died for food, it shouldn´t be thrown away)
Well I have to say the taste is good and you can really feel the predatory instincts as you chew. But I have to say, as long as there is a choice I´ll stick to eating vegetables and the occasional fish. After one year on this diet I can really notice a big difference in general health and spiritual "clarity".

As being somewhere between carnivores and vegans, I can really say I wouldn´t like to keep either persons diet. Neither would I like to have one of the factions extremists over for dinner and discuss food.

Extreme carnivores: I think its time you consider some time off from meat (if you dare) and see for your self what the difference will be. I for myself do not like the thought of that the bodys craving is dictating my behaviour, Its about discipline and it is a challenge. Just like any other task.

Militant vegans: Well its not a religion you know. Relax, you cannot change the world around you, only yourself and the way you see it. Whats the point in being kind to animals and instead being cruel to humans (I have seen alot of weird stuff passing around thats is very anti-human in the vegan community)
The psycholgy works like this: the more the vegan community try to give meat eaters feeling of guilt, the more meat carnivores eat- in some kind of protest. Ive seen it, and I know for a fact that this really happens.

Do what you think is best for you and the world around you. Do you do that?
I do that- and screw you If you want to force me to do things because it is the way you do things and it is "the way". Meat eater or not- let people develop in their own way in their own pace- anything else is just plain fascism!

Last edited by Metaphor; 11-25-2008 at 11:26 PM.
Metaphor is offline   Reply With Quote