Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 10-12-2008, 10:34 PM   #1
Carol
Project Avalon Hero

Default Come have a sit down with me around the Pot Bellied Stove and talk story.

Aloha,

Back in yesterday yore the farmers and local people would go to the local store, that often had a big pot bellied stove in the middle of the store, where they would often have a sit, a cup of joe and talk about the weather, planting, crops and just general gossip.

Since this is a global community it seemed it would be fun to talk story with one another and share what is going on in our real lives.

For example, today it’s overcast overhead and the weather is cooler. We’ve noticed that the entire summer was about 5 to 7 degrees cooler than last summer. We’re currently getting ready to take a course in aqua-hydroponic gardening. This system will grow fish where the water is then recycled and used to grow fruit and vegetables. I’m excited because anyone can become self-sustainable with a small area where they can set up one of these systems and not break their back in conditioning the earth.

I also read where Idaho had the earliest snow on record. Mom, who lives in Northeast Oregon, said they had snow Friday night and the drop in temperature froze her water pipes. Do you think we are really heading into the next ice age?

We also talked with some other close friends this morning who filed bankruptcy because their Radio Shack business was doing poorly with sales and they had to close up shop. I guess this news is a bit of the sign of the times. I'm seeing a number of the smaller businesses close in the towns here as well where they would be lucky to make $70 in sales for the entire day. And now our local surgeon is moving to Wyoming because he can make better money and not have to be on-call 24/7. We’re going to his going away party this afternoon. I feel somewhat sad at how these changes are affecting family and friends. I wonder how others are doing?

Please feel free to share your story of real life events as we continue to grow as an Internet global community and get to know one another.

Mahalo Nui Loa,

Carol
Old 10-12-2008, 11:36 PM   #2
Trishsgate
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Come have a sit down with me around the Pot Bellied Stove and talk story.

Thanks Carol what a wonderful idea. Let's see just got my java and sat down.

Here in NC it is a few degrees cooler than normal, they say we are in for a colder winter, I don't know. I kind of miss the snow have not seen a good snow storm in several years.
Spent the weekend with friends talking about merging and managing a good harvest. I have roughly 25 acres here and my neighbor 5 with the rest about 2 aces apiece. We are trying to coordinate what we will grow and share next planting season. Shared some ideas about making things that I received from Avalon.

Yesterday went up to Cana VA and got some local vegetables from what I seen their business is booming, they are local people and I know they will survive what ever comes.

Spent this morning making my first jellies and jams as well as canning a few things a first for me. Made my own detergents this weekend as well again a first, so progress is being made, now I am really tired lol. I have a couple solar panels but not sure if I am going to do a dome home or find somewhere to place them here. Water source is no problem have a well and a stream nearby just have to convert it, worse come to worse we can bring it up, just looking for the way to go with it. I hope the rest of the evening is rest time though.

As far as layoff's I think most of our business has restructured from manufacturing to technical starting in the 80's with massive layoff's that has continued almost eliminating most all of the manufacturing but a few still exist. The small businesses in my area are not closing but are downsizing and prices are up.

Love & peace
Trish
Trishsgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 01:49 AM   #3
Carol
Project Avalon Hero

Default Re: Come have a sit down with me around the Pot Bellied Stove and talk story.

Hi Trish. Thank you for sharing. I was wondering if you could explain how you made your own detergent?
Old 10-13-2008, 02:11 AM   #4
Trishsgate
Avalon Senior Member

Carol,
Here's are a few listing and you can also make your own dish detergent as well, some people don't like borax, but I open the window and use gloves as precautionary means. Enjoy also there are many suggestions on the Avalon forum about how to make things, one suggested soap nuts was not able to acquire these yet. You can really save big time with these methods.
http://natural-products.suite101.com...es_for_pennies this is the one I chose
http://www.thefamilyhomestead.com/laundrysoap.htm
http://www.thefrugalshopper.com/arti...etergent.shtml
Trishsgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 02:26 AM   #5
Thunderbird
Avalon Senior Member

heads up people.
historical birds eye view here.

this page right here...and the caring and energy behind it, the communal spirit, is the foundation for a new age in human history.

It will be a new Renaissance. Stay strong mates, a wicked storm this way comes....

i honor each of you and wish you prosperity always.
Thunderbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 02:29 AM   #6
fastarr
Avalon Senior Member

Today the sky was brilliant blue in northern CA, with big white fluffy clouds. My family and I went for a run/bike ride in the local park. We get veiws of lassen and shata (see links) and I love the golden rolling hills sparatically covered in oak trees.

We enjoyed each others company for the rest of the day, playing cards, eating (our favorite pastime), preparing for our week. My favorite time in life is when I am with my family, not doing much just being together. We are always smiling when we're together

http://photos.igougo.com/images/p228...Mt._Lassen.jpg
http://www.boboz.us/bluegoose/Mt%20Shasta.jpg
http://blog.marysteinbacher.com/wp-c...hills_900x.jpg
fastarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 02:45 AM   #7
Dominic
Avalon Senior Member

This year has been a fruitful one, but it has changed drastically this fall.
I am a Boeing machinist and have been off work going on 6 weeks now.
The strike seems to be planned by the company, everyone I work with voted yes to accept and continue working. It affects 30,000 people up here things are getting tight for all.

My wife's work takes her to county and city offices. she said Pierce and king county here in washington are planning big layoffs this winter.

I see deeper plans of this economic crisis everywhere I look.

We just had out first frost so we are gathering all of the remaining stuff out of the garden.

I bough three expecting Boer goats this summer thay are very happy on our acreage, and getting big.

I am planning a hydroponic vegatable garden in my shop this winter.

I am also building a chicken tractor to move the hens around next year.

Tonight me and my 6 year old daughter cooked a Ascension dinner on the camp fire. She loved it.

Been reading mother earth news on photo voltic solar power. Also just picked up the 2009 farmers Almanac.

We are getting along very well considering.

The local feed store in town that is owned by my uncle has a huge pot bellied stove and it was fired for the first time the other day, man it felt good to back up to.

Great thread, makes me feel right at home.

Peace

Last edited by Dominic; 10-13-2008 at 04:24 AM.
Dominic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 06:32 AM   #8
whitecrow
Avalon Senior Member

Here in San Diego County, it's almost always beautiful weather. I live about 25 miles inland, and it has been getting down into the 40s at night - which is cold for this time of year! My wife and I both feel it may well be a cold winter. I was just thinking how in another week or two, I'll have to move all the tropical plants up close to the house or bring them indoors for the winter. Sure seems early.

Signs of the bad economy everywhere. It's sad. We are not the villains in this piece, but we mustn't think like victims. The truth is that we helped bring this on ourselves, we might as well admit it and get that part over with. We invited it with every sweater made in Pakistan, every Japanese car, every Chinese video game. We've all read the statistics on what a small percent of the people use what a huge percent of the resources....and we all know that was us. And we've tried, most of us, to use less. We have: we're decent people. We care about orphans and homeless and poor people.

Trouble is: we're spoiled. We have no clue how most of the world lives. We wouldn't last a sunny weekend. I've joked about how I don't shop at MalWart because I don't want to buy merchandise made by children and political prisoners - but the same thing applies to half the things I own, including parts of my computer.

One of my guiding principles is taking responsibility for everything in my life - because it is MY life. So I have to own my own part in this fiasco. Ok, that was liberating. Now I can move on.

Right now, every day feels precious.
whitecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 06:59 AM   #9
Carol
Project Avalon Hero

Hi Dominic, Your chicken tractor sounds interesting. The local poultry farm shut down and were selling their hens so we picked up 5 to go with the other 8 we have but they been debeaked so we have them in their own little coop getting used to living outdoors before letting them loose.

When at the feed store someone had dropped off a newly hatched little chick so I brought it home and have it in a cage in the bathroom for now with the light on it. Given how we can't let the little one out with the big ones until it reaches the same size I was thinking of putting it in with the debeaked hens or doing up a chicken tractor, but was wondering how to make one. If you've got any tips on dimensions I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

Carol
Old 10-15-2008, 06:39 AM   #10
whitecrow
Avalon Senior Member

It was a perfect day in San Diego County, the kind of day people envy us for. Was sitting out on the patio in the early afternoon, before the sun came over the peak of the house. The trees are reflecting more yellow and less green now, and beneath the shade cloth the light was a wonderful pale yellow, the temperature perfect.

This afternoon, I drove into work for a short shift. There was no cloud, not a hint of mist in the sky. When the evening turned all purple and golden like one of those rare shells you find on the beach once in a lifetime, a perfect Hunter's moon hung in the sky like a wheel of cheese.

Absolutely perfect. Hard to believe there's anything wrong with the world on a day like today.

I just got back from a walk by the creek...the moon overhead is so bright, you could almost read by it. Each tree is surrounded by a black pool of shadow, and the upmost leaves shine like silver in the moonlight. The mountains are black in the distance, crisp against the purple sky. Overhead, the stars shine almost fiercely, the sky is so clear. The night is warm. Nothing is stirring. I lay back on the rough grass and looked up, halfway hoping to see something moving strangely, some odd cluster of lights...ah well, it's a gorgeous, perfect night.
Old 10-17-2008, 04:10 AM   #11
MargueriteBee
Avalon Senior Member

I am sitting here with a fresh warm cup of coffee purusing the forum. It's been a beautiful day, the dog is happy and content after her walk. All is well.
MargueriteBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 04:24 AM   #12
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

The usual here, unless you count the daily enounters with negative energy/forces.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 04:37 AM   #13
Carol
Project Avalon Hero

Well this past week has been really hectic. The weather has continued to be cooler. It looks like rain but it doesn't so our water catchment tank is down to 4 feet. We depend on rain as we do not have county water where we are located. We are hoping for a good raid as we need it for the pastureland where the mini horses are, I looks like our little creme mare is preggers. Of course we will have to build a little shelter for her before her time comes.

I'll be spending the next two weekends in training for the aqua/hydroponic gardening workshop which I'm jazzed about. However, it conflicts with our daughter's school funraiser of which I'm the PTA president and should be there to.

Our little chick, currently living in the bathroom is getting bigger. The other leghorns are now exploring outside of their pen and venturing closer to the older hens. Of course Rosie, our miniture doxi races around and likes to steal their eggs. I guess she knows a good thing when she finds it. She also likes to eat the hens' scratch and the rabbit's food. She is only 8 lbs but totally into mischief.

I also got this very strange email today from the Survival Center. Check this out. These kind of emails, although useful, worry me. Hmmm, they do provide some good links but take a look at the underground shelter one. I was really hoping not to have to get a backhoe in here again.

FREE SAMPLE

e-mail News Letter-Alerts-Specials
from The Survival Center
Box 234 McKenna, Wa 98558

October 16, 2008

Awareness & Preparedness

These News - Alerts may contain information on Earth/Climate Changes,
Volcanoes,
Earthquakes, Potential Events, Preparedness, Current Events, Comments, and
More. This
information is provided for our continuing education and building the case
for personal and family preparedness. ( Some of the Reasons Why We are
Preparing )

What would you do if the Electric went off and NEVER came back on?

Are you Prepared to be on You Own for Extended Periods of Time?

Storing Food, Water, and Essential Items Is One of Our Greatest assets in
being "Prepared" for What Ever may come our way!

This is a sample of The Survival Center's e-mail newsletter. It is FREE.
Get regular updates by subscribing here:

Free Sign Up here: http://five.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/alert

Alpine Aire Gourmet Reserves are now in stock.
http://www.survivalcenter.com/foodstor.html

Mountain House Freeze Dried Foods Back In Stock.

FREE Shipping on Freeze Dried Foods ( $100.00 or more ) 48 states.

1. On Thursday, October 16, 2008 at 02:41:32 PM (CDT) a large mid-level
magnitude 6.5 earthquake occurred on the subduction zone on the southwest
shore of Mexico. The shaking has continued for more than 25 minutes. The
heliograms near the New Madrid Seismic Zone show a similar disturbance,
although attenuated by distance and time. A tsunami denial was issued.
Any waves from this earthquake would reach San Francisco in about five
hours, or about 7 p.m. this evening.

http://earthquake.usgs.gov:80/eqcent...us2008yfbk.php

So, If you are really, really, really serious about being prepared for
what ever may come your way, and want to be prepared to be on your own for
extended periods of time, then this 3 DVD series and the book "Basic
Preparedness" is a must have and a great place to start.

Link Here: New "Basic Preparedness" The 3 DVD Home Study Course:
http://www.survivalcenter.com/dvd.html

2. Your 'pure' bottled water has contaminants, too Study finds 38
chemicals in 10 brands, including those common
in tap water

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27185076/
Tests on leading brands of bottled water turned up a variety of
contaminants, including cancer-linked chemicals three times higher than
California's health standard, according to a study released Wednesday by
an environmental advocacy group.
The findings challenge the popular impression - and marketing pitch - that
bottled water is purer than tap water, the researchers say.
However, all the brands met federal health standards for drinking water.
And most of the detected contaminants are common in tap water, too.....

IT is NOT a RIGHT if you get on your knees & beg permission! NOTHING that
requires a LICENSE is A RIGHT! It is a form of CONTROL!
The name of the game is Control. Total Control!

3. Longest, hottest drought on record, says Bureau of Meteorology
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...-11949,00.html

THE long drought affecting southern Australia is officially the worst on
record.
Bureau of Meteorology head of climate analysis David Jones said the
12-year drought that was devastating southwest Western Australia,
southeast South Australia, Victoria and northern Tasmania was "very severe
and without historical precedent".
Drought has gripped the Murray-Darling Basin since late 2001. It has
worsened this year, as rainfall totals for the past three years have set
record lows in many regions, including many critical to the Murray River.
Dr Jones said the rainfall figures were similar to the severe drought that
lasted from 1939 to 1945, and the Federation drought, which ran from 1895
to 1903.
"Those three droughts, in terms of rainfall, are comparable," he said.
"But this drought is a lot hotter than those two previous droughts. And
those two droughts finished, whereas this one is continuing."
He said temperatures were about 1C hotter than the previous droughts..

4. Eruption of 3 volcanoes has scientists asking questions

PUZZLE: Is there a common thread or were events just coincidence?

http://www.adn.com/news/alaska/story/551521.html

How likely is it that three neighboring volcanoes would all erupt at the
same time -- as the Kasatochi, Okmok and Cleveland volcanoes in the
Aleutians did this summer?

About as likely as a storm that only appears once in a thousand years,
says Anchorage volcanologist Peter Cervelli, who'll deliver a paper on the
subject this winter to the American Geophysical Union.

In other words, seldom enough that Cervelli is now exploring the question
of whether Alaska's triple eruption was only a coincidence involving three
independent volcanoes or whether it was triggered by some common
mechanism......

The Survival Center
Providers of Family Preparedness, Health, & Survival Supplies
http://www.survivalcenter.com
1-360-458-6778v
10-6 M-F PT

Be Prepared to Be on your own for extended periods of time!

Always STAY ready to keep from having to GET ready!

Click here for the current class schedule & the
New "Basic Preparedness" The 3 DVD series:
http://www.survivalcenter.com/dvd.html

Click here to order book "Basic Preparedness"
http://sczyz.com/store/scripts/prodV...p?idproduct=11

Click here to order The New Survival Center 56 page Catalog On Line
http://sczyz.com/store/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=62"

Click here for the New Car & Other Survival Kit
http://www.survivalcenter.com/emergencykits.html

Under Ground Shelters: May Be The Only Safe Place To Be
http://www.survivalcenter.com/UG.html

e-Mail News Letter - News-Alerts-Specials List -Free Sign Up Here
or unsubscribe here: http://five.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/alert

Disclaimer:

Please note that The Survival Center obtains much of the information used
in our classes, presentations, and newsletters from articles, both public
media and non-public sources. We provide this information about things
going on around the world and within the USA from sources that are
considered reliable however we suggest you check it out for yourself
before making any decisions with it.

We have sources both locally, nationally and internationally. You are
invited to take the information provided in these articles and
presentations and conduct your own research, however please understand
that it is sometimes impossible to provide detailed sources for much of
this information. All books, video tapes, articles, and comments are for
educational purposes only. The Survival Center shall have neither
liability nor responsibility to any person or entity with respect to any
loss or damage caused or alleged to be caused directly or indirectly by
this information. The contents of this newsletter, web page or web site
have not been evaluated by the FDA. Nothing reported in this web page or
site is intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Old 10-17-2008, 04:38 AM   #14
MargueriteBee
Avalon Senior Member

I'm glad you're here End Times. Do you take cream and sugar in your coffee? Pull up a chair and tell.

Last edited by MargueriteBee; 10-17-2008 at 04:43 AM.
Old 10-17-2008, 04:39 AM   #15
seekur3
Avalon Senior Member

Here in Phoenix, AZ, the warm temps are still lingering. We had a cold snap the past weekend, but it's back to 90's for awhile. Having lived here 20 years, the seasons the past couple years do seem different. The spring is cooler longer, but then the fall is warmer longer.
I've noticed the stores have fewer people, except the other 'senior' day (10% off) at the grocery store, was busier than ever before (not being a senior, I didn't know what was going on at first). A neighbor who works for the city said they're going to lay off many people due to major budget cuts. Her position, thankfully, is fairly safe. Our house taxes still went up tho.
I do get out of the city on a regular basis, which helps my sanity. Relatives in a rural area have been preparing for this for several years. I joked about them at first, but soon saw their wisdom. I would rather be with them right now, but have things to do here for a little while longer.
seekur3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 05:17 AM   #16
sylph16
Avalon Senior Member

Hey All

Lets see...i worked today(first time this week, not good), i drive a pilot car and escorted a large piece of a "walking bridge" going over a canal. The truck driver was a nice guy!

The weather was warm today for Connecticut, the trees are at peak color and some are dropping leaves...i love the crunch they make when you walk on them and they way they dance in the air when you are driving down the road.

I hung out and posted a few things on the forum, went to the new gourmet grocery store to check that out...nice!

Other then that, i hung out with the BF and played with my dogs...thankfully i was feeling better today...lately i have been in a funk, something wasn't right earlier in the week...i think i had put to much energy into Oct.14 and that def lowered my vibration...but all is well for the moment!

I wish you ALL well and send my love

Peace

sylph
sylph16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 05:19 AM   #17
Circlewerk
Avalon Senior Member

In all of this knowledge, I have found intense comfort in the moments I spend with my children.
They unintentionally help me to stay in the now, and I so appreciate them for that.

When my son was about 2 1/2, he & my daughter were playing at a friends house 5 doors down.
My friend and I were sitting on my front lawn, discussing Buddhism and the self realization center, her mother was an active buddhist and loved the lifestyle.
About 20 minutes into our conversation, my young son comes taring down the street with a sense of urgency about him..
He stops when he gets to me, puts his hands on his knees and while out of breath says, " Mommy?.....Buddha is your friend."
Then ran back to play.
My friend & I were baffled.
I'm grateful for the random, beautiful moments.
We don't subscribe to any religion, but my son, who is now almost 11, has a thing for Buddha's.
Buys them at yard sales, points them out when he see's them, etc..
Interesting, no?
This is a cozy thread, thank you for your warmth, everybody!

With loving energy~
CW
Circlewerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 05:23 AM   #18
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargueriteBee View Post
I'm glad you're here End Times. Do you take cream and sugar in your coffee? Pull up a chair and tell.
I prefer my coffee black and free of sugar and other influences.

Right now, I'm struggling with the idea that I may be lonely for quite a while in this world.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 05:39 AM   #19
Carol
Project Avalon Hero

You won't believe it. Take a look at this.

Your very own super duper underground shelter. http://www.survivalcenter.com/UG.html
Our Under ground shelters are designed to protect from earthquake, nuclear, biological or chemical events, tornadoes, hurricanes, fires, etc., and as a home safe area. Great Idea for VIP or Executive Protection - retreat, Secure Data Storage, Backup Command Post, Remote Protective Location, and more. Our heavy duty steel reinforced under ground shelters are air tight and water tight. Your particular situation may require additional equipment.

This reminds me of an underground motor home. I remember hearing this story from a friend who knew these folks in australia who bought a series of rail cars and buried them using them as an underground tunnel system which they also took their horses through. I guess one could always just bury some good size steel culvert and at least have the basics. I was kind of hoping for a nice simple root celler... but this looks pricy and elaborate.

The Basic Under ground Shelter ( Order Code # UG1) is an internally and externally reinforced ( reminds one of a submarine ) 8 ft diameter by 27 ft long ¼ inch thick steel tank. Includes: Lockable Air valves, entrance with ladder, emergency exit, emergency hatch opening 20 ton jack system, storage shelves, paint inside and out, metal protective anodes ( to prevent rust ), wood floor down the middle approx. 6 inches high. One low volume Flush Toilet, Shower, Double Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink, Food preparation area, 4 bunks + hangers to hook up additional hammocks, etc., and lots of storage. Lifting hooks for easy installation.

All shelters are air tight and water tight. These are tried and proven shelters tested over time. Starting at $59,995.00 plus delivery and installation.
YIKES!!!!

Air filtration, septic tank and hook up are optional. Why heavy duty steel? It works the best.

I just read the lifting hooks for easy insultion.. laughing I am. How the heck would we get something like that here. I'd likely be better of with an inner tube and snorkle gear... lathered with copious amounts of sun screen. I guess it's comforting to know there is an underground hidy hole.. but could you get your money back if it didn't work?

I guess one could use it as the mother-in-law habitat... or for the teens when they get noisy.. just send them below and lock the door from the outside for a little peace and quiet.

It kind of reminds me of the underground bunker house in the Eureka series. All one would need next is the talking computer to go with it.

However, I've decided that my back up plan is to throw my arms up to the heavens and shout take me quick!

Well my eyelids are saying... sleep, sleep. England is waking up and our Neatherland mod, Jenny and our UK buddys Kate, mikey, Colin are waking up and getting ready to take over the reins. Hawaii is saying Aloha and good night, while Europe is all bright eyed and bushy tailed and ready to carry the tourch. I forgot to add that Mary Lou from the mid US and Contactee77 from New Yourk are STILL UP modding. It's 2:07 am in New York where 77 is. They're the late, late, really late night shift. Shhh, 77 tends to fall asleep on his laptop. Steve from South America should be popping up soon and Johnno from Austraila is here now for their day shift, which is my shut-eye time. Amazing isn't it? We have this wonderful global community watching over both Camelot and Avalon 24/7.

Last edited by Carol; 10-17-2008 at 06:14 AM.
Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 06:11 AM   #20
whitecrow
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol View Post
I just read the lifting hooks for easy insultion.. laughing I am. How the heck would we get something like that here....could you get your money back if it didn't work?
Reminds me of the 60s when my rich friends' parents all built bomb shelters in their back yards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol View Post
Well my eyelids are saying... sleep, sleep. England is waking up and our Neatherland mod, Jenny and our UK buddys Kate, mikey, Colin are waking up and getting ready to take over the reins. Hawaii is saying Aloha and good night, while Europe is all bright eyed and bushy tailed and ready to carry the tourch. Steve from South America should be popping up soon and Johnno from Austraila should be on board shortly for their day shift which is my shut-eye time. Amazing isn't it. This wonderful global community we have here watching over Camelot and Avalon.
Indeed it is. And now it's my time to shut down, too. Goodnight, Avalon. I love you all!
Old 10-17-2008, 08:45 AM   #21
McMaster
Avalon Senior Member

Good evening you all!
Hope you have a chair for me left. It's getting warmer here, I think we're hitting 30C° today and tomorrow mid 30s. It's good, it was quit chilly for a while. I've written a couple posts, but never really told how I ended up here and where I'm coming from. I was born in Finland at the end of 70's and had a healthy childhood, lots of playing outside with frends building tree houses and just doing things in nature. Kinda weered of from that now that I have grown older unfortunately, but it's never too late, and I can feel a change coming in my life. I don't know the direction yet, but somehow life has been throwing me around a bit. There has been the lows and highs. Big low happened when between 16 and 17 years of age. My parents divorced when I was 16. It didn't traumatize me but it wasn't a pleasant experience as lots of you would know. So I moved with my mum and little brother and 2 little sisters to a new house. Year later when I was 17 my brother died, when he was hit by an 18 wheeler. It wasn't easy but I have pulled through pretty well I think. After I turned 18 I have been going around quit a bit, neverr really setteled anywhere for longer than 2 years. Always moved from different lifestyle to another, it's been good and I have met lots of interesting people along the road. Most interesting person I have met I met in London, but I might tell about that another time. Now I'm in South Australia and have been here almost 5 years now. Life has been an eye opener and I have allways somehow known that there has to be more to this than we are told. I never really have had an influense in my life that would've told me about these things, so most what I knew about other stuff that wasn't thought at school, was from stuff I randomly happened to find from books and such. I have always been really interested about anything "paranormal" or historically fascinating such Mayans and ancient Egyptians. Or anything to do with space and astronomy and mysteries of our own history. Now in the last year or two I have been reading more and more, thanks to the interent. Ofcourse one has to be critical about what one reads, but in my opinion logic takes you a long way, and common sense. Couple months ago I found Project Camelot through David Wilcok interview, and here I am. For the last 3-4 weeks I haven't turned on TV. Most my spare time I have spent on reading on anything and everything I possibly can. And it feels good, I have been feeling different lately, I can't put my finger on it, but something. Anyhow, it's good to be here and I think I'm ready for a nice strong coffee, full cream milk and 2 sugars please.

Here is a song I would like to share with you all, lyrics in thins song pretty well defines how I feel right now.

Goldfrap - Happiness

McMaster

Nothing Happens Unless First a Dream
McMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 12:24 PM   #22
norman
Avalon Senior Member

Hello Carol,

Where and how you live sounds wonderful. I grew up on a small farm in the 50s-60s and we did quite a few nice things, we had hens and vegetables sheep and cattle, water from a well. I do count myself lucky that I at least had that 'basics' start.

My parents relationship was not good though. My mum was a depressive/anxiety type, which I seem to have inherited either genetically or by other means. The farm was sold in 1970 so that my mum could go back to live where she came from. It didn't do the trick. She got worse.

I reached adulthood with many 'problems' and made quite a mess of things for myself generally. Long story short, I've made quite good progress at working out the ways of the world in my head but as a 'person' I know I'm still a mess and as I start to get 'old' I feel more of 'my mum's' depression setting in.

At this time, I live in a small terraced house, I'm living on 'sick' benefit. I have a small patch of garlic in the back but I failed to dig it up this year, mainly, because of the rain ( we've had a lot of it this year ).

I'd love to just get up close to that pot bellied stove and sit quietly there bathing in that good company and hope I feel better. I know community means a lot even though self responsibility is the mantra.

Very best wishes, norman.
norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 07:28 PM   #23
MargueriteBee
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by End_Times012 View Post
I prefer my coffee black and free of sugar and other influences.

Right now, I'm struggling with the idea that I may be lonely for quite a while in this world.

Why may you be lonely?

Why is it a struggle?
Old 10-17-2008, 07:37 PM   #24
Elephant Man
Avalon Senior Member

Nice thread and severly needed. Greetings from denmark. The autumn here is very colourful this year. During the cold winter months a thred like this is gonna be very welcome. I'm not gonna write too much just now, but enjoying reading your stories. Peace to all.
Elephant Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 08:40 PM   #25
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Thanks Caroll for this thread,

Just want to share this little story with you .
I posted it yesterday in the Love zone

" Today I just felt happy !
So I go to the postoffice and there sits a dog next by his master. While I look at
him (the dog I mean) I just can't help myself to tell from soul to soul how much I love
him and that he is really a cute and brave dog. Then suddenly he just comes straight to me and rub
his back on me. We shared love to each other for many seconds. That was just beautifull.
Later on I entered a public place to get something to drink. As I was sitting there watching all the people around the tables in there, I just could'nt keep flowing the same Love and joy . But I realized that it was not good enough yet for them to respond.
The day that I am through with my practice, what a wonderfull experience that will be for perfect strangers to stand up , come to me and hug me.
I could suddenly see everybody just doing this to everybody else on the planet and I just Smiled.."

I am still riding on the same Love and Joy flow today.
All fine here in Belgium. Weather quite cool for the season. It's autumn down here and leaves are starting to fall down the trees. When the wind blows that makes the most beautifull ballet.

Kindness
mudra
mudra is offline   Reply With Quote