Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2010, 11:00 AM   #1
morguana
Project Avalon Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: sussex, uk
Posts: 1,137
Default one has to be the change one wishes for

i dont really know how to word this or what to call this thread, but here goes.....
over the last few days i have been witnessing something that made me feel a bit sad and i wondered how to change its energy . something i have come to understand is this......
its really very simple in its words but the heartfelt understanding is much more difficult, you see i have realized that in order to change things from negative to positive (alchemy?)

one has to be the change one wishes for (to see in the life around them.)

for instance, i am human with human emotions and responces like anger, now if i am angery then i am projecting that into the universe thus adding to the problems our world is facing.....as well as drawing this towards myself. is this what i wish for? no, i wish for world peace, harmoney and love. so i have been working really hard to change these things within myself and when i find that i am experiencing 'negative' ego driven emotions i have been trying to bring compassion and love into my heart instead. by being in the now helps this process, when one steps into the now, there is no future and no past, all things just are, one can be the observer and free ones self from the attachment of anger, pain, fear etc. in the now is only love (see mudras thread......now is love)

so as buddha said

live in love.
do your work.
make an end of your sorrow.

to straigten the crooked
you must first do a harder thing-
starighten yourself

with gentleness overcome anger
with generosity overcome meanness
with truth overcome decite

in this world hate never yet dispelled hate.
only love dispels hate. this is the law,
ancient and inexhaustible.

it is better to conquer yourself than
to win a thousand battles.
then the victory is yours;
it cannot be taken from you,
not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell

and...

see what is.
see what is not
follow the true way

sammasati

well this is my simple little thought and i wanted to share it with my fellow avalonians

love to you all
m x
__________________
better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings peace

the way is not in the sky, the way is in the heart

forum guidlines

Avalon Chat
morguana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 12:36 PM   #2
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Inverness Scotland
Posts: 924
Default Re: one has to be the change one wishes for

Thanks for starting this thread Morquana.

Jesus said " I have overcome the world"
Thats really what it is about, Transcend the ego and you are free from the bondage of all negative emotions, your own and others.
Remove the clouds and the sun shines forth.

Every moment we have freedom of choice.
We can choose fear or Love. (positivity)
Every time we choose Love the effect of ego is diminished,
Ego is selfish and fear based, we are not our body we are not our mind we are not our thoughts; they come and go.

If we can step back and witness life doing what it does without judgment, then there is no fear.
Shakespeare said "Nothing is right or wrong till thinking makes it so"

Every negative thought or emotion that arises is dualistic, a judgment that this is right or wrong. I do my best to surrender these notions to God and just accept that it is as it is, then if I can do something positive I do.

A prayer I found helpful.
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
Courage to change the things I can.
Wisdom to know the difference.

Chris Namaste

ps.

I found this helpful advice on dealing with difficult people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jniaU...eature=related
greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 12:43 PM   #3
Céline
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,285
Default Re: one has to be the change one wishes for

Your are being inspired by Gandhi ....how wonderful

this is his quote....

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.

my best friend and business partner just got back from a trip to visit her in laws in India. This was her second time there and she found the beauty this time...

She bought a poster for the shop before she left...with quote on it..the words "Change , the World" are in bold letters and stand out more then the others.

It always captures attention
Céline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 01:26 PM   #4
Stardustaquarion
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 897
Default Re: one has to be the change one wishes for

Quote:
Originally Posted by morguana View Post
i dont really know how to word this or what to call this thread, but here goes.....
over the last few days i have been witnessing something that made me feel a bit sad and i wondered how to change its energy . something i have come to understand is this......
its really very simple in its words but the heartfelt understanding is much more difficult, you see i have realized that in order to change things from negative to positive (alchemy?)

one has to be the change one wishes for (to see in the life around them.)

for instance, i am human with human emotions and responces like anger, now if i am angery then i am projecting that into the universe thus adding to the problems our world is facing.....as well as drawing this towards myself. is this what i wish for? no, i wish for world peace, harmoney and love. so i have been working really hard to change these things within myself and when i find that i am experiencing 'negative' ego driven emotions i have been trying to bring compassion and love into my heart instead. by being in the now helps this process, when one steps into the now, there is no future and no past, all things just are, one can be the observer and free ones self from the attachment of anger, pain, fear etc. in the now is only love (see mudras thread......now is love)

so as buddha said

live in love.
do your work.
make an end of your sorrow.

to straigten the crooked
you must first do a harder thing-
starighten yourself

with gentleness overcome anger
with generosity overcome meanness
with truth overcome decite

in this world hate never yet dispelled hate.
only love dispels hate. this is the law,
ancient and inexhaustible.

it is better to conquer yourself than
to win a thousand battles.
then the victory is yours;
it cannot be taken from you,
not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell

and...

see what is.
see what is not
follow the true way

sammasati

well this is my simple little thought and i wanted to share it with my fellow avalonians

love to you all
m x
My grain of sand will be to say that the first step to change is accepting what we have created as "perfect", not ideal but "perfect" (as in we got what we put out as gods in training) that way the conflict ceases and we can concentrate in create the "ideal" now by directing one's energy (thoughts) into what we want rather than what we don't

By becoming responsible for our share of creation we allow ourselves the freedom to chose again and do it better

We are where we are because we chose our circumstances

We also move out from victim consciousness and accept that no one can victimize us if we choose to take responsibility for the environment we are in, that we have participated unconsciously in its manifestation

Lets focus on utopia...we can create anything

Much love
Stardustaquarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 01:41 PM   #5
morguana
Project Avalon Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: sussex, uk
Posts: 1,137
Default Re: one has to be the change one wishes for

Quote:
Originally Posted by Céline View Post
Your are being inspired by Gandhi ....how wonderful

this is his quote....

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.

my best friend and business partner just got back from a trip to visit her in laws in India. This was her second time there and she found the beauty this time...

She bought a poster for the shop before she left...with quote on it..the words "Change , the World" are in bold letters and stand out more then the others.

It always captures attention
thank you celine, i knew i had heard those words before, but couldnt for the life of me remember where



just love these words that gandhi said
Quote:
an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
chris thank you for this
Quote:
A prayer I found helpful.
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
Courage to change the things I can.
Wisdom to know the difference.
its beautifull

Stardustaquarion this is so true
Quote:
Lets focus on utopia...we can create anything
and light
m x
__________________
better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings peace

the way is not in the sky, the way is in the heart

forum guidlines

Avalon Chat

Last edited by morguana; 01-22-2010 at 01:48 PM.
morguana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 02:22 PM   #6
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother
 
mudra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: belgium
Posts: 4,919
Default Re: one has to be the change one wishes for

Yes Morguana it's all about being in the Now ..being the witness..that is the highest state of consciousness...transcending fear and experiencing being Love and suddenly complexities turn into simplicities.

Just remember one thing, just the one thing that is the only quality of the buddha -- witnessing. Witness that you are not the body. Witness that you are not the mind. Witness that you are not the other subtle bodies, layer upon layer. You are only a witness, nothing else. The moment you are simply a witness, you are a buddha. This buddha has been hiding deep within you for millions of lives.

He has to be brought out. He has to change your whole life. He has to bring his grace to your gestures, beauty to your eyes, agelessness to your being, to your feeling. But first make sure that you are simply a witness.

Being simply a witness you are at the highest peak of consciousness, and when you are at the highest peak of consciousness, from there you can look at the deepest depth of your being -- the very abysmal depth. You have moved from a horizontal into a vertical being.


Osho

One Love
mudra
mudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 07:27 PM   #7
morguana
Project Avalon Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: sussex, uk
Posts: 1,137
Default Re: one has to be the change one wishes for

Thank you mudra, I love osho's work , so wonderfully simple....as it should be. I find it hard sometimes, in everyday life to be mindfully aware, in meditation there is no problem, it's other times that's hard, hence upping my practice to 3 times a day (my little ones have been joining me in morning meditation and after supper). I have been trying to pass on the concept of thoughts become things, karma and the idea that we make our own reality to them.
It is my deepest personal wish to become an actualised being, I guess patience is needed, lol
Love m x
__________________
better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings peace

the way is not in the sky, the way is in the heart

forum guidlines

Avalon Chat
morguana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 07:43 PM   #8
Tango
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: eating dessert in the desert of Arizona
Posts: 1,554
Default Re: one has to be the change one wishes for

Nice.....!!! What, you are teaching those little one's... And, Yes, meditation

should be three times a day... " Carry On..."


" We........... Are the REAL change..."


Trooly,


Tango

Last edited by Tango; 01-22-2010 at 09:37 PM.
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 09:24 PM   #9
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother
 
mudra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: belgium
Posts: 4,919
Default Re: one has to be the change one wishes for

Quote:
Originally Posted by morguana View Post
It is my deepest personal wish to become an actualised being, I guess patience is needed, lol
Love m x
Trust you won't miss the boat ..keep shining ..
Your heart is your home .

I believe you 'll love this :



Love for You
mudra
mudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 10:19 PM   #10
lindabaker
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 504
Default Re: one has to be the change one wishes for

From DonMiguel Ruiz, "Prayers: A Communion with our Creator."

"Suffering and drama begin when you lie to yourself, even if you don't realize you are lying. You can recover the truth of what you really are. When you finally see yourself as you are, when you finally take responsibility for your creation, you will cleanse the lies from your own creation. You will free yourself from emotional drama by uncovering all the lies you believe in. It is a process of unlearning the lies. It is a period of cleansing, and it has nothing to do with the dream of society. How can we change the dream of society if we can't even cleanse the lies from our own dream?"

Last edited by lindabaker; 01-22-2010 at 10:28 PM. Reason: punctuation
lindabaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 07:16 PM   #11
morguana
Project Avalon Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: sussex, uk
Posts: 1,137
Default Re: one has to be the change one wishes for

yes we are tango
Quote:
" We........... Are the REAL change..."


thank you mudra i loved you vid, listened to it last night, really profound

and linda those are really wise words.......uncovering the layers of lies within oneself is hard work, but folk it is sooooooo rewarding, every time a layer is discarded the world seems brighter, almost seeing things though a childs eyes

one day it will all be so bright that we will shine with the best of them, may our souls radiate though these bodies of ours, and may one day all of humanity take up the challenge of seeing the truth of love

love to you all
go on have a go at undersanding our holographic nature
m x
__________________
better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings peace

the way is not in the sky, the way is in the heart

forum guidlines

Avalon Chat
morguana is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Project Avalon