Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Old 09-17-2008, 12:18 AM   #1
Soul Sequence
Avalon Senior Member

Default Karma

In Buddhist teaching, the law of karma, says only this: `for every event that occurs, there will follow another event whose existence was caused by the first, and this second event will be pleasant or unpleasant according as its cause was skillful or unskillful.' A skillful event is one that is not accompanied by craving, resistance or delusions; an unskillful event is one that is accompanied by any one of those things. (Events are not skillful in themselves, but are so called only in virtue of the mental events that occur with them.) -http://www.ncf.ca/freenet/rootdir/menus/sigs/religion/buddhism/introduction/truths/karma2.html

What does karma mean to you and what are your thoughts with relation to your day to day activities?
Soul Sequence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 06:38 PM   #2
chelmostef
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Karma

For me karma is very importaint. In the fact that I think people should be able to make their own disicions and this affects their karma.
I think people have souls and everyones soul is a differnt age, some people have lived for maybe a thousand years, others have just been born into theirs.
The things that happen in your life are a direct effect of whats happened in previous lives.
If your have caused suffering in one life, you will have suffering effect to you in another life, I think this is how our souls evolve.
It could be seen as a perpertial cycle. But I think the cycle can be broken one just has to make the right choices.
I try and make the right choice but I find can be very difficult sometimes.
I try to follow my heart.

Last edited by chelmostef; 09-17-2008 at 06:43 PM.
chelmostef is offline   Reply With Quote