Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 03-18-2010, 01:44 PM   #1
HORIZONS
Avalon Senior Member

Default co-creating a new paradigm

I am wondering what others are doing to help co-create a new paradigm of living and human understanding? Are we "waxing our surfboards" and preparing to ride this new wave of energy to new heights? for if we are not we will most likely "wipe out". In which direction are you directing your intent, your energies? Can we positively share our ideas for humanities highest and best good in a framework of cooperation, without the need to attack one another? Can we work together to co-create a new paradigm?
Please share your thoughts.
HORIZONS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 05:27 PM   #2
Steven
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: co-creating a new paradigm

Dear Horizons. I am with you friend. But, it seems you are preaching in the desert here.

I think you will like this reading here: http://mayan-calendar.blogspot.com/

Namaste, Steven
Steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 05:41 PM   #3
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HORIZONS View Post
I am wondering what others are doing to help co-create a new paradigm of living and human understanding? Are we "waxing our surfboards" and preparing to ride this new wave of energy to new heights? for if we are not we will most likely "wipe out". In which direction are you directing your intent, your energies? Can we positively share our ideas for humanities highest and best good in a framework of cooperation, without the need to attack one another? Can we work together to co-create a new paradigm?
Please share your thoughts.
Hi Horizon,
I think all is well and going according to plan.
Not our plan as such but the plan of the totality/ Creator/ which ever name you want to apply.
Im comfortable with God but I realize a lot arent.

Eckhart Tolle and others have said that the changes are coming about because The Totality wants to bring them about. see book(The Power of Now).
He is also saying just be present in the Now to the best of your ability, trying to make it happen could just get in the way.

Staying present in the Now is not easy so that is our part of making the effort.

Regards Chris
greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 10:12 PM   #4
HORIZONS
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greybeard View Post
Hi Horizon,
I think all is well and going according to plan.
Not our plan as such but the plan of the totality/ Creator/ which ever name you want to apply.
Im comfortable with God but I realize a lot arent.

Eckhart Tolle and others have said that the changes are coming about because The Totality wants to bring them about. see book(The Power of Now).
He is also saying just be present in the Now to the best of your ability, trying to make it happen could just get in the way.

Staying present in the Now is not easy so that is our part of making the effort.

Regards Chris
Namaste Chris, Thanks for posting. I don't think I'll get many hits on this thread - but I am an optemest

I have all of Eckhatrt's books and have read and contemplated them many times (since 2003). I even have several of his CD's before he became famous. I use what I can of his work - what is accesable to me in my situation. I also have a few close friends that we share together with in his words of wisdom. I find it difficult to follow one external individual voice, but I truly learn from them, and as I said I apply what works for me. I think we all must develop our own version of spiritually, and the many teachers we have--like Eckhart--can be of a great assist. "We can walk this road together if our goals are all the same." I resonate with what most of the Mystic's and Sagas teach, and Eckhart is one of those.
Old 03-18-2010, 10:35 PM   #5
HORIZONS
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven View Post
Dear Horizons. I am with you friend. But, it seems you are preaching in the desert here.

I think you will like this reading here: http://mayan-calendar.blogspot.com/

Namaste, Steven

Thanks Steven - I appreciate it!
Old 03-18-2010, 10:47 PM   #6
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Namaste Chris, Thanks for posting. I don't think I'll get many hits on this thread - but I am an optemest

I have all of Eckhatrt's books and have read and contemplated them many times (since 2003). I even have several of his CD's before he became famous. I use what I can of his work - what is accesable to me in my situation. I also have a few close friends that we share together with in his words of wisdom. I find it difficult to follow one external individual voice, but I truly learn from them, and as I said I apply what works for me. I think we all must develop our own version of spiritually, and the many teachers we have--like Eckhart--can be of a great assist. "We can walk this road together if our goals are all the same." I resonate with what most of the Mystic's and Sagas teach, and Eckhart is one of those.
Yes
The books etc are great but we have to apply the knowledge as you obviously do.
Was watching tv, people were raising money for charity by cycling around Scotland and one guy said I was on the bike the longest but traveled the least distance.
Some times it takes time for people to wake up.
I need to be patient.
As I said else where if I get frustrated it because its all there for us, we have the spiritual teachers, we have the books. Yet so many dont get it at least not yet.
We have a marvelous opportunity just now to move forward and the only way that can be done is doing what it takes to dissolve the ego.
All the arguing, over what???
Basically its typical forum, I am right you are wrong, I draw support you draw support, flame war, the subject really has no great importance it just seems to have, any topic will do , just running programed. Ego ego--- thats what is laughing.

"When you take up a position know that you are identifying with an illusion"
thats a quote from "The Course in Miracles" think Eckhart used it.
The moment we hold a strong point of view we will be opposed with equal strength,
Thats physics and human nature. The moment that is understood, then there is no point in protesting anything. Holding your own counsel becomes very powerful and if action is needed it will be very effective.

You know this HORIZONs, just writing for me.

Namaste Chris
greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 10:59 PM   #7
HORIZONS
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greybeard View Post
Yes
The books etc are great but we have to apply the knowledge as you obviously do.
Was watching tv, people were raising money for charity by cycling around Scotland and one guy said I was on the bike the longest but traveled the least distance.
Some times it takes time for people to wake up.
I need to be patient.
As I said else where if I get frustrated it because its all there for us, we have the spiritual teachers, we have the books. Yet so many dont get it at least not yet.
We have a marvelous opportunity just now to move forward and the only way that can be done is doing what it takes to dissolve the ego.
All the arguing, over what???
Basically its typical forum, I am right you are wrong, I draw support you draw support, flame war, the subject really has no great importance it just seems to have, any topic will do , just running programed. Ego ego--- thats what is laughing.

"When you take up a position know that you are identifying with an illusion"
thats a quote from "The Course in Miracles" think Eckhart used it.
The moment we hold a strong point of view we will be opposed with equal strength,
Thats physics and human nature. The moment that is understood, then there is no point in protesting anything. Holding your own counsel becomes very powerful and if action is needed it will be very effective.

You know this HORIZONs, just writing for me.

Namaste Chris

You write for you, for me and for us all. This is what I had in mind when I made this thread - a sharing of the minds - so we can all grow into our true nature. TCIM has some great wisdom in it as well, but eventually I had to put that one down, it became too much for me.
First we must have a revelation - then we need a realization - afterwards a knowing: then we can be silent and hear the stream no one else notices.
Old 03-18-2010, 11:08 PM   #8
sjkted
Avalon Senior Member

I'll share a few things I'm doing:

(1) I bought a used Mercedes 300D (diesel) and converted it to run on waste vegetable oil. This means I can run my car without Middle East oil and can essentially run it off a waste product for pennies on the gallon.

(2) I'm setting up a fog water collection system that if successful could make me self-sufficient for drinking water and water for my garden.

(3) I have started a garden and am growing fruits and vegetables. I'm extremely fortunate to have a neighbor who is an expert on gardening and is very in tune naturally with the cycles and weather and am learning quite a bit from him.

(4) I have set up a solar panel system and am expanding the number of panels as I can afford to.

I'm not even close to being in the new paradigm yet, but I see these as the main solutions for me until something really big comes along:

(1) Energy (vegetable oil/biodiesel + solar panels)
(2) Water independence
(3) Self-sufficient with fruits/vegetables

--sjkted
sjkted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 11:19 PM   #9
HORIZONS
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjkted View Post
I'll share a few things I'm doing:

(1) I bought a used Mercedes 300D (diesel) and converted it to run on waste vegetable oil. This means I can run my car without Middle East oil and can essentially run it off a waste product for pennies on the gallon.

(2) I'm setting up a fog water collection system that if successful could make me self-sufficient for drinking water and water for my garden.

(3) I have started a garden and am growing fruits and vegetables. I'm extremely fortunate to have a neighbor who is an expert on gardening and is very in tune naturally with the cycles and weather and am learning quite a bit from him.

(4) I have set up a solar panel system and am expanding the number of panels as I can afford to.

I'm not even close to being in the new paradigm yet, but I see these as the main solutions for me until something really big comes along:

(1) Energy (vegetable oil/biodiesel + solar panels)
(2) Water independence
(3) Self-sufficient with fruits/vegetables

--sjkted
This is great!
One of my closest friends is considering the diesel conversion.
I am VREY interested in the water independence issue - I have city and well water - but I need to check into other options (do you have a link to look at?)
I am currently planting fruit trees and tilling soil for a self=sufficient food source. Purchased and moved to a 30 acres of farm land just for this. So far I have 1 goat and chickens too. Lots of cattle where we live.
Old 03-19-2010, 12:27 AM   #10
sjkted
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
This is great!
One of my closest friends is considering the diesel conversion.
Just make sure they get a two-tank conversion. Having a one-tank system could be the downfall of the engine. The two best kits are Frybrid and Greasecar, although I've seen some pretty good DIY setups.

--sjkted
Old 03-19-2010, 12:29 AM   #11
sjkted
Avalon Senior Member

Regarding the fog water collection, obviously you need to live in an area that gets sufficient fog. I bought a manual from www.fogquest.org and then some raschel netting from a company in Chile (apparently the only distributor in North/South America).

If you don't have fog, rainwater collection is a good idea. In my area, there is much fog but usually not very much rain.

--sjkted
Old 03-19-2010, 05:01 AM   #12
hippihillbobbi
Avalon Senior Member

Horizons--

Thanks for being "optimistic" enough to start this thread. If we measure by quality rather than quantity, i believe this is a superior thread!

Imo, this says it all:

"First we must have a revelation - then we need a realization - afterwards a knowing: then we can be silent and hear the stream no one else notices."

If we start here, and end here .... we'll always be "where" we should be, I believe.

Thanks to each and every one of you, lovely people!
hippihillbobbi
hippihillbobbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 05:21 AM   #13
Frank Samuel
Project Avalon Moderator

Talking Re: co-creating a new paradigm

Yesterday was my birthday and all I could think about is how my heart is breaking seeing so much infighting among friends. It seems like only yesterday PA1 was started with high hopes to form communities world wide for the coming events unfolding. All day I been a bit teary eyes because I really want all of us to evolve beyond this irregardless of what we decide to do in the future.
I am hopeful for the human species, there are many incredible beautiful people walking on this earth at this time, and I feel most of those people are part of this great community. We are making a difference, the quality of post , the wealth of knowledge, the warmth and heart felt embrace is unique, it says a lot about the human race in general. Horizon my friend I want to thank you for this thread. Looking forward to the future and embracing you in the present with a BIG HUG.
Frank Samuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 07:39 AM   #14
Freedive
Avalon Senior Member

howdy all, great thread Horizons, thanks. I actually woke up this morning thinking of a "statement of purpose" for the new paradigm, something to share in order to envision the NP, because I've been re-reading the Handbooks...I'd like to share a few phrases that reminded me of the need to really envision the new paradigm in order to co-create it:

"The first step is to spread the knowledge of the opportunity to
create a new paradigm of experience, keeping the concept simple,
simple, simple!!!"

"American Indian prophecies
tell of a time of chaos to be followed by the time of the “rainbow
man”. Zuni Indian art contains depictions of a rainbow man in
anticipation of that future event. It is the purpose of these messages
to bring that prophecy to fruition."

"the statement of purpose
will lead individual and group awareness to the next level...”

"This simple powerful call to the infinite potentiality of creation
that is at the magnetic center of the self-awareness of each human
is waiting to be tapped."

"The miracle of the new paradigm will be a gathering of individual
foci through their intent upon the same purposeful symbolic
agreement."

...any ideas for a good "statement of purpose"?

Great insights on contingency plans Sjkted, I am quite behind on that, we do have a small rain water tank, and I'm stashing cans and food for emergencies, hand tools, lighters etc. but I know that's not enough...
cheers
Freedive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 12:19 PM   #15
HORIZONS
Avalon Senior Member

Much gratitude to all for posting. We can make a difference in our personal and global life issues, even if it is only one thought at a time. The important thing is to get the energy of intent moving, then we can follow it to where it leads us.
Old 03-19-2010, 05:41 PM   #16
Peace of mind
Avalon Senior Member

I have affiliations in the music industry, advertisement, media, law, military, and some other things. There are plans for animations, music, films, and video games, but the lack of hard evidence and the lack of commitment I see in the supposedly righteous to get off their rumps is stagnating our movement.

I strongly feel people with great knowledge (and not just knowledge from books of inspirational writers) should feel obligated in assisting others in their awakening. Although these forums may occasionally assist a truth seeker, they are flooded with individuals who rather preach to the choir than to the many unaware (in the real world) in need of this enlightenment.

I may lead by example and guild some to information and sites like this, but lately it’s becoming quite difficult to show the sleepers anything of substance due to the lack of proof and the redundancy of posts expressing opinions over facts. I can only supply people with my personal experiences and facts when dealing with the law of attraction. Everything else I’ve come across seems to be very subjective and theoretical. My main interest are in the Aliens and hidden agendas, there's no need for me to get involved with unproven beliefs/opinionated views of spirituality...When the end comes, the truth will surely manifest, there's no time for debating life after death amongst the living. No one knows for sure and to say you do with out fact will only cause distractions from what really matters...REALITY.

Yeah, I’m in a position to do some great things (as all of us are), just hope more can find the heart and creativity to do the same instead of sitting back thinking the world is going to change for the better without being pro-active. I find truth within…I rarely find it within a book I had to pay for. I never believed in anything that wants me to sit and wait for change. It’s a fact you get out what you put in, so procrastinating and beliefs in possibilities will often leave you with undesired results. Anything in life you want you have to put in the effort…in the end it’s always worth it and well appreciated.

Peace
Peace of mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 05:49 PM   #17
HORIZONS
Avalon Senior Member

Peace of mind - thank you for your comments, they are appreciated.