Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 03-18-2010, 08:52 PM   #1
Lightpotential
Avalon Senior Member

Default On Project Avalon 2: I am Impressed. A worthwhile Transition

I just wanted to say that initially I was unsure about just what PA2 was all about and there seemed to be conflicting and/or vague statements. And thus I thought it was going to be more of an information type portal and not a free flowing forum as such. But, after being invited and signing up and looking around, I am impressed.

It is a very elegant forum, and I do indeed like the built-in chat room as an established feature. Very little on the surface seems changed. I can only say that with the splitting up of Bill and Kerry as an interviewing team, Camelot and Avalon having a redesign of both sites seems quite natural.

But with the decision to have a new site, there has been a deliberate attempt made to have a 'clear-out' of what are judged to be 'undesirables'. A sort of 'day of reckoning' when all (subscription) accounts are settled in full. And on this point, I can in NO WAY criticise such as Bill Ryan whose site this is, to attempt a fresh start. For indeed, is this not in line with how the universe itself operates? Does it not naturally periodically correct itself from time to time when things have deteriorated? Almost all those familiar with the spiritual traditions would agree that this is so.

There is nothing wrong I think in this venture into a new Avalon Forum. Of course, judgement calls will be made on peoples' character, in terms of who is allowed in to the new Avalon Forum. And not everybody is going to like this. But for my part, I do not see this in any way sinister. All I see is a simple desire to try to reduce the level of distractive posts that are argumentative in an antagonistic way; of backbiting and name calling. And to get rid of the small core of posters that seem to flood the boards with these types of posts.

This is just my view. Of course, as my record shows I do not myself post very frequently. I am quite selective, and am not perhaps as immersed in the 'politics' of the forum as some. Others may have a very different take on things. But such is life. And this is my view.

Keith
Lightpotential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 09:16 PM   #2
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: On Project Avalon 2: I am Impressed. A worthwhile Transition

Lightpotential

I think you have given a very balanced view.

I think the "owners" of this forum have been very patient and I for one appreciate that.

They could quite easily have made a "management decision" and just shut this forum down, pulled the plug, who needs aggravation etc.

I believe they care enough about the people here to at least give us the chance to continue to post here till all settles down and we chose to go to Avalon 2 or else where which we are always free to do.

Regards Chris
greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 09:24 PM   #3
TRANCOSO
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightpotential View Post
This is just my view. Of course, as my record shows I do not myself post very frequently. I am quite selective, and am not perhaps as immersed in the 'politics' of the forum as some. Others may have a very different take on things. But such is life. And this is my view.
Keith
I am so happy for you, Keith.
TRANCOSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 10:08 PM   #4
pineal-pilot-in merkabah
Avalon Senior Member

<-------waiting in que for golden? ticket
pineal-pilot-in merkabah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 10:23 PM   #5
TRANCOSO
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pineal-pilot-in merkabah View Post
<-------waiting in que for golden? ticket
Look behind you P-P-I-M!
Old 03-18-2010, 10:50 PM   #6
hobbit
Unsubscribed

"Undesirables"
Burn the witch.
I suppose this is direct out of the NWO handbook, get rid of the undesirables.
Cull them.
It's not avalon deux, it's avalon DUH.
hobbit
hobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 10:50 PM   #7
SteveX
Avalon Senior Member

I have had my membership for one day. The site looks good with a couple extra tech features. From my brief observation everything looks and feels OK. However one realises that there are only a few members at the moment. When it packs out we may get some elbow bumping as with any busy place.

In the light of the recent debacle I'm not so much shell shocked as weary. I'm prepared to see how the posting goes and how it's administered. If I don't like I'll leave. If I do like it, I'll stay and hopefully be of input for the majority.
SteveX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 11:11 PM   #8
Lightpotential
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveX View Post
In the light of the recent debacle I'm not so much shell shocked as weary. I'm prepared to see how the posting goes and how it's administered. If I don't like I'll leave. If I do like it, I'll stay and hopefully be of input for the majority.

Dear Steve,

I do think you have hit the nail on the head here. It does all come down to the Moderators, and how they are going to act in monitoring the new forum. Are they going to be different to how they moderate the current forum? That really is the question, and most assuredly they will be put to the test when the forum expands and becomes very active, as I am sure it will.

The transition to a new forum, and the filtering out of people the moderators and the owner think should not be a part of the new forum is I suppose like fighting the rising tide. It will bring a freshness to the place I hope - in the short term - but in the long term I think it is inexorable that things will slide. Again; how the moderators act will be critical.

Keith
Old 03-18-2010, 11:13 PM   #9
hobbit
Unsubscribed

Lightpotential,
Could You please describe and quantify what these "UNDESIRABLES" look like ?
Are they like the INVADERS, an alien race that have funny little fingers?

Who decides who is an UNDESIRABLE?
Is there a test to deduce , a league table been kept to ascerain the desirability or not of all here?
I must be dreaming all of this garbage, surely ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eN0teidDEg4

Are there camps to keep these UNDESIRABLES in, until it's time to exterminate them?
Are You going to close the gas chamber doors?
Hobbit, amazed .
Old 03-19-2010, 12:04 AM   #10
Lightpotential
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbit View Post
Lightpotential,
Could You please describe and quantify what these "UNDESIRABLES" look like ?
Are they like the INVADERS, an alien race that have funny little fingers?

Who decides who is an UNDESIRABLE?
Is there a test to deduce , a league table been kept to ascerain the desirability or not of all here?
I must be dreaming all of this garbage, surely ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eN0teidDEg4

Are there camps to keep these UNDESIRABLES in, until it's time to exterminate them?
Are You going to close the gas chamber doors?
Hobbit, amazed .

Dear Hobbit,

Truly, there was a reason why I put the word undesirables in quotation marks. There are many degrees of subtlety in pronouncing the word anathema. But it takes great men - the best of us - to tentatively even, pass judgement on others, and to receive it ourselves, without a degeneration into a fist fight.

You ask Hobbit, who are these undesirables? Come, come now. Are we not adults? Men, in a world of Men. Bill Ryan and his moderators whom one would expect as so selected because they share a common vision are simply trying to create a good forum for ideas and exchange, and enlightenment. That's it. It is not rocket science.

They are simply using personal judgement and intuition in trying to get together as best they can, what are 'the best of people'. And yes, I did just put that in inverted commas because even that is a delicate concept. They are trying, Hobbit.

And certainly, anybody here is free to set up their own forum in opposition to what they may not like - and yes, in deciding so to separate themselves off from the rest they are - God forbid - passing a judgement call on those they wish to leave behind...

People will gravitate to those of like nature, and that is the way of the world. And how all things pass.

LP
Old 03-19-2010, 12:16 AM   #11
ellie
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Dear Hobbit,

Truly, there was a reason why I put the word undesirables in quotation marks. There are many degrees of subtlety in pronouncing the word anathema. But it takes great men - the best of us - to tentatively even, pass judgement on others, and to receive it ourselves, without a degeneration into a fist fight.

You ask Hobbit, who are these undesirables? Come, come now. Are we not adults? Men, in a world of Men. Bill Ryan and his moderators whom one would expect as so selected because they share a common vision are simply trying to create a good forum for ideas and exchange, and enlightenment. That's it. It is not rocket science.

They are simply using personal judgement and intuition in trying to get together as best they can, what are 'the best of people'. And yes, I did just put that in inverted commas because even that is a delicate concept. They are trying, Hobbit.

And certainly, anybody here is free to set up their own forum in opposition to what they may not like - and yes, in deciding so to separate themselves off from the rest they are - God forbid - passing a judgement call on those they wish to leave behind...

People will gravitate to those of like nature, and that is the way of the world. And how all things pass.

LP

Well, thank you so much for giving us your enlighted wisdom yoda. I get back to the "We are all One" comment thrown around on this forum since its inception.

NB: It is the people that are led by the nose and can shut their mouths that got the first invite and those that think they know everything and know absolutely stuff all.
ellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 12:47 AM   #12
Hiram
Avalon Senior Member

I'm actually pretty baffled by why I was not invited. Strange to experience that, right?

I have never been anything but supportive of both Bill and Kerry so I am mystified. Am I supposed to take the non-invite as a hint that I have been grouped in with some sort of unhealthy element?

If so that is really funny, in a sad way. I'm a terribly nice person...you won't run in to nicer.

Sooooo......geeesh.

I guess we just don't know?

I don't even know what any of the strange threads everyone was talking about on here were...as I never would even click on them. I don't have a clue. Abraxis...stuff? I don't even know what that is.

Well, thank you.

I will just assume the rest of you are in a similar boat?
Hiram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 12:48 AM   #13
TRANCOSO
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
Well, thank you so much for giving us your enlighted wisdom yoda. I get back to the "We are all One" comment thrown around on this forum since its inception.

NB: It is the people that are led by the nose and can shut their mouths that got the first invite and those that think they know everything and know absolutely stuff all.
Looks as if we found an 'Undesirable' here!

By the way, Lightpotential, blowing your own www, is not allowed at PA2.

Quote:
There is nothing wrong I think in this venture into a new Avalon Forum. Of course, judgement calls will be made on peoples' character, in terms of who is allowed in to the new Avalon Forum. And not everybody is going to like this. But for my part, I do not see this in any way sinister. All I see is a simple desire to try to reduce the level of distractive posts that are argumentative in an antagonistic way; of backbiting and name calling. And to get rid of the small core of posters that seem to flood the boards with these types of posts.
Are you serious?
For someone who hardly ever posts at all, you have quite an attitude.

Now tell me, which, what & who are you pointing your finger at? Because you must have someone-/thing in mind. This small core flooding the board, do they have names?

I find it so confusing to read about 'distractive posts' when I have no idea what is meant by that.

As we say in Holland: Name man & horse.
Old 03-19-2010, 12:51 AM   #14
tacodog
Avalon Senior Member

I do not need to be invited to become a member of Av2 nor do I need to become a member of AV2. The rules of the new forum were posted on one of these threads, hard to find which anymore, but if it is as stated like D. Wilcock's forum, that's fine if that is what they want. I can read what's there and search for opposing views elsewhere to seek balance in what was presented. Diversity may be lacking in the new forum, that's fine, it's their forum, I can seek elsewhere for it. Pity though, it was all here in AV1. The one's steering the boat will steer it in the way they want, they have that right, it's their forum. As others have said: Each will go where they feel they need to go. Those who have connected, will find a way to connect again.
May the heart of AV1 move forward, perhaps finding a new vessel somewhere else someday.
tacodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 01:05 AM   #15
Lightpotential
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:

Dear Ellie,

I cannot win, can I? We are all one? Well, I might believe that in an abstract theoretical sense. I might believe that in a profound spiritual sense. I might believe that in truth. And indeed, in truth, I do. However, the universe is a developing entity. And different people, interacting with one another, have different views; different judgements. They are at different stages of development.

Is it is crime to state this? Is it somehow the height of ignorance to state this? I do not think so. The forum owner Bill Ryan and the moderators have made a very human judgement call on where they want to take this forum into the future and who they want to go with them. I am not going to condemn them for this.

We each of us choose our own path and choose our friends, and all of us hope we choose well and truly.

On your comment Ellie, " NB: It is the people that are led by the nose and can shut their mouths that got the first invite and those that think they know everything and know absolutely stuff all,"

To say such a thing; you do not know me at all. As is evident from my posts, I do not post messages very frequently. I tend to be selective in what I contribute. And I tend not to be led.

In fact, as a case in point, this very thread that even I started, has developed into exactly the sort of thread that I detest. Exactly the sort of thread that puts me off being too involved in any forum. I contribute posts that I feel are well considered and thought out by me, only to have simple 2 or 3 line follow up comments in response that I do not think have been really thought through at all. And then I get sucked into even more involved responses defending myself (apparently) until, I just ignore everybody and stop posting, and take a break.

LP
Old 03-19-2010, 01:15 AM   #16
redtailhawk
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
I'm actually pretty baffled by why I was not invited. Strange to experience that, right?
I wasn't invited either, I ASKED admin. and they followed through right away. I don't know for sure, but I think the official invite has not occurred? If you want to be involved in PA2, then come on over...I just signed up today, and it looks very professional....there is a definite change of vibe for the positive from what I could tell. I think it will grow in to something wonderful.
redtailhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 01:17 AM   #17
NancyV
Avalon Senior Member

Keith, nice post and I'm happy that it looks good on AV2. I like your energy of relative detachment regarding the drama going on and I'm detached about it all myself.

I enjoy having access to Avalon and may also enjoy PLW, certainly I have appreciated the interviews done by Bill and Kerry, whether or not they were all 100% reliable or disinfo or partially incorrect. Much fascinating information has been discussed and some great people have spoken with Bill and Kerry.

As far as why any one person was not yet invited to AV2 it has been explained several times that invites will be sent randomly and in increments, so it's going to take a while for all the invitations to go out. I have not yet been invited and that's fine. If I am not invited I will email to ask for an invitation in a week or two. If I don't get one after that then I won't join. If I do join and don't like it I will not continue frequenting the forum. Seems pretty simple to me.

Nancy
NancyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 01:18 AM   #18
ellie
Avalon Senior Member

To be really honest I am not having a go at you Lightpotential, I mean you are younger than one of my children, so I have to say no offence personally to you okay.

What I am mad about is eventhough it shows I joined this forum recently I joined when it first started under another name. I know a lot of the members very personally and they are extremely intelligent, spiritual, humble people, and a lot of them for personal reasons have not been invited or refuse to go to the new forum.

They in fact have gone to other forums and I am really disgusted and upset that it has come to this because I am grieving their loss.

I dont like crawlers and some I believe have stooped to that to get what they see has their golden ticket. Golden ticket to what "Zieg Hail" as far as what I can see. Yes Mein Furher, whatever.

You are a young awoken spiritual being, dont let anybody tell you they know more than you, are smarter or what to do and there is at least one person that pisses me off greatly over there that was one of the first invited AND is so two faced she can lie on both sides of the bed at once.

When I say protection and love surround you I mean it.
ellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 01:27 AM   #19
Lightpotential
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacodog View Post
I do not need to be invited to become a member of Av2 nor do I need to become a member of AV2. The rules of the new forum were posted on one of these threads, hard to find which anymore, but if it is as stated like D. Wilcock's forum, that's fine if that is what they want. I can read what's there and search for opposing views elsewhere to seek balance in what was presented. Diversity may be lacking in the new forum, that's fine, it's their forum, I can seek elsewhere for it. Pity though, it was all here in AV1. The one's steering the boat will steer it in the way they want, they have that right, it's their forum. As others have said: Each will go where they feel they need to go. Those who have connected, will find a way to connect again.
May the heart of AV1 move forward, perhaps finding a new vessel somewhere else someday.

Dear Tacodog,

There is no fundamental loyalty to forums as such. I myself have contributed in a few in my time. Such as Graham Hancock's forum, or Unexplained Mysteries, or Atlantis Rising. It is not the Forum per se that matters. All I have ever really done is look at some of the threads, and if I thought I could contribute with a good response, I did.

And that is all there is to it.

I periodically examine the above mentioned forums, and sometimes I may get involved in various threads for a few days or weeks, and then, I might not post again for a few months. It will be exactly the same pattern with me, as with PA2, as even it is right now with PA1.

Now, on that point about being invited to PA2. Tacodog, I can tell you this, nobody sought me out in this respect. I am not special in any way. Believe me. There was a Thread - I believe started by Celine? That one of the Moderators (Samarkis I think) just added a comment to everybody to request in the thread if they wanted an invite. I, along with about 30 to 40 other people I think just simply said, "Yes, I would like an invite please." And that was it. I received an E-mail about it. That was all.

I think if you request it of a moderator, I assume they will respond rapidly with an answer. But, no matter what that answer might be, you do not need to justify yourself to anybody. Your post here tells me that you are your own person. That is what matters.

LP
Old 03-19-2010, 01:31 AM   #20
TRANCOSO
Avalon Senior Member

You don't have to defend yourself. Its just that you're the first one who starts a thread about Avalon 2, & in that thread you share your opinion.
If you just wanted to have your say, than post in a thread already going.
By starting a new thread on a sensitive topic like PA2, you shouldn't be surprised to receive edgy replies.
Old 03-19-2010, 01:42 AM   #21
TRANCOSO
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
there is at least one person that pisses me off greatly over there that was one of the first invited AND is so two faced she can lie on both sides of the bed at once.
You have such a subtile way of expressing what's on your mind! I love it! Really!

In fact, ever since it became clear that some of us wouldn't be invited to join AVALONOGY, people started to speak up & it is refreshing.

Just for the record: there has been a palace revolution & you can either ignore that fact, or not.

It tells more about one, than all your enlighted words ever will.
Old 03-19-2010, 01:45 AM   #22
tacodog
Avalon Senior Member

Thank you LP:
I did not mean to come across as "unhappy" about not being invited, just that I don't need to be invited. If I felt I needed to invited, I would have asked them to invite me. Av2 is not Av1.
tacodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 01:53 AM   #23
Lightpotential
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
To be really honest I am not having a go at you Lightpotential, I mean you are younger than one of my children, so I have to say no offence personally to you okay.

What I am mad about is eventhough it shows I joined this forum recently I joined when it first started under another name. I know a lot of the members very personally and they are extremely intelligent, spiritual, humble people, and a lot of them for personal reasons have not been invited or refuse to go to the new forum.

They in fact have gone to other forums and I am really disgusted and upset that it has come to this because I am grieving their loss.

I dont like crawlers and some I believe have stooped to that to get what they see has their golden ticket. Golden ticket to what "Zieg Hail" as far as what I can see. Yes Mein Furher, whatever.

You are a young awoken spiritual being, dont let anybody tell you they know more than you, are smarter or what to do and there is at least one person that pisses me off greatly over there that was one of the first invited AND is so two faced she can lie on both sides of the bed at once.

When I say protection and love surround you I mean it.

Dear Ellie,

I really should be going to bed right now. It is 1:30 in the morning and I have to be up early, but I wanted to respond to your post immediately as it truly deserved it. Your response is one of those rare gems when I feel I have really connected. And I truly respect what you have said.

I think that some of the comments that I have only just made to Tacodog are relevant here. So see above for that.

It is not the Forum that matters per se. It is about just helping people with what you think is a decisive post in the right thread at the right time. I do not post very frequently in any forum - not to the extent that I see a lot of others. And thus, much of the deeper politics and personalities of the forums, such as in Avalon, I am truly oblivious to. And in this sense, I wonder, maybe ignorance is bliss.

I try not to get 'sucked into anything' if I can help it. And I understand entirely your warning about not letting anybody tell me they know more than me. Believe me, I am always on guard about that.

May love and light surround you always Ellie,

Keith

Last edited by Lightpotential; 03-19-2010 at 05:21 PM.
Old 03-19-2010, 01:55 AM   #24
hobbit
Unsubscribed

Light potential,
Sorry, I am not your "Dear Hobbit"
I am a ****** off Hobbit.
You sound just like a candidate for the hitler youth, merrily skipping along into la la land utopia.
You have your feurher bill , who You hold up as the chosen one with his band of moderators .
All like minded together, all undesirables erradicated, kept at bay by the SS moderators, what garbage.
You have single handedly ensured that in no way will I join the PARTY, the childrens party of cuckoo ideas.

There are countless forums, lots with specialist content that like minded people can gravitate towards and thus discuss specific content on.
But this was supposed to be the one that ALL the people, WE THE PEOPLE warts, big noses, big heads, loud mouths, two headed people, anyone could feel free and comfortable within, not in any way to be classed as UNDESIRABLE,amazing.

I cannot help but think that I am imagining all this is occuring ???

IMAGINE, ALL THE PEOPLE, LIVING LIFE IN PEACE.
YOU MAY SAY I'M A DREAMER, BUT I,M NOT THE ONLY ONE.

IMAGINE ALL THE UNDESIRABLES, LOCKED AWAY BY ZERR MODERATORS.
YOU MAY SAY I,M A DREAMER, BUT IT,S BLOODY WELL HAPPENING.

I HOPE SOME DAY YOU WILL JOIN US,
NO CHANCE.

HOBBIT
Old 03-19-2010, 02:15 AM   #25
TRANCOSO
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
May love and light surround you always Ellie,

Keith
Love, Light & Blessings, Keith! Don't forget the blessing.

I'm sorry if I sound nasty.
I enjoyed posting topics here.
Teaching instead of preaching.
If I saw a 'Thanx for the info' reply, it made my day.

I, for one, do not wish to be associated with Avalon 2, as it smells like AVOLONOGY.
Too much love, light & blessing.
By whom?
Who are these people, that they think they can 'bless' me?
Do you actually know what it takes to be able to 'BLESS' someone?

I have met 'holy' men, when I was in India.
They could see right through you.
And tell you a couple of things about yourself.
Just like that.
With a big smile on their face.
Now, their blessings I appericiated.

Love, light & unity has become a mockery here.
And I'm really very sorry to say so, because I love PA.

Last edited by TRANCOSO; 03-19-2010 at 02:37 AM.