Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Global Ground Crew Networking > Canada

Notices

Old 09-18-2008, 02:46 AM   #1
malakai
Avalon Senior Member

Default West kootenay B.C

Is their anybody out there ....
malakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 02:57 AM   #2
Mizar
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: West kootenay B.C

Malakai;
Mizar is `out there`for sure, although not residing in the Kootenay`s at this time. I did have a frosty Kokanee this evening, does that countÉ
Mizar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 03:07 AM   #3
Carrie1971
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by malakai View Post

Just cross into Idaho... I so love Nelson. IF the powers that be would let me I would move up there to that fine place you call home. However I am in the older part of town here in the Northwoods.

I posted on the PNW area when the board just got going good last week.

I hope to have more time on here soon.
Carrie1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 06:59 AM   #4
Starlah
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by malakai View Post
I'm " out there" too...although not in Nelson. Lovely little town...I last visited in the 80's. Probably has grown up quite alot.
I do love the Kootenays with all the different thermal hot springs. Good for my arthritis.
Starlah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 04:45 PM   #5
malakai
Avalon Senior Member

Anyone here from Nelson B.C ?
Getting ready for the 2009 roller coaster ride.....
malakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 09:12 PM   #6
JudgeMental
Avalon Senior Member

I live outside Nelson. You still looking for people to chat with?
JudgeMental is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 01:20 AM   #7
Phtha
Avalon Senior Member

What about East Kootenays, anyone? I'm fresh off the boat around here. Id def like to meet people who enjoy nothing more then philosophising

Last edited by Phtha; 01-15-2010 at 01:54 AM.
Phtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 07:13 AM   #8
Starlah
Avalon Senior Member

Post Re: West kootenay B.C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phtha View Post
What about East Kootenays, anyone? I'm fresh off the boat around here. Id def like to meet people who enjoy nothing more then philosophising
Phtha are you moving to the East Kootenays from the Island? Is that the Cranbrook area?
Old 01-15-2010, 06:33 PM   #9
Phtha
Avalon Senior Member

Hello starlah, yup I've just recently made the move. I'm here now, in the castlegar, christina lake, grand forks area about 250k west of cranbrook... although still kept a place on the Island to goto now and then, but its so nice here as well that I don't know if Ill be keeping the island spot anymore.
Old 01-16-2010, 04:42 AM   #10
Starlah
Avalon Senior Member

Post Re: West kootenay B.C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phtha View Post
Hello starlah, yup I've just recently made the move. I'm here now, in the castlegar, christina lake, grand forks area about 250k west of cranbrook... although still kept a place on the Island to goto now and then, but its so nice here as well that I don't know if Ill be keeping the island spot anymore.

Good luck to you are you renting or buying? Hope I'm not being too nosy...I'm keeping my plans open as far as living situations go for after April/2010 and feel drawn to towns like Salmon Arm and Nelson.

Jeanette aka Starlah
Starlah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 08:43 PM   #11
Phtha
Avalon Senior Member

Hehe nope I don't consider it nosy at all starlah.

My plans and current situation in a nutshell..
I'm really experimenting with manifestation.
I took the leap so to speak, meaning I gave up what was my childhood dream career a few years back and decided to put my full faith in God, the Universe, and Earth, in the belief that if I work for Nature or what I consider Good the Universe will provide everything I need to sustain myself in one way or another.
I put an add up at various locations in craiglist explaining what type of place I was looking for and what my goals were. I got quite a few bites and ended up taken this place here in East Kootenys.
I got a beautiful 22 acre farm (renting) that I am now going to be turning into a oversized bio-geometrical vegetable garden. I also have plans to start a fresh fruit and veggie outlet with a raw food juice bar. I was fortunate enough to befriend the couple who started a successful juice bar where I last lived on the Island (Zen Zero), so I have lots of great and knowlegable help.
All i need to do now is to manifest myself a tractor and plow. But its in the works.
I plan on doing this for a few years with the goal of making enough to buy some property somewhere on the Globe where I can have a fresh garden though out all the year, perhaps Equador or France but I will focus more on the where as soon as the when comes about.

I love salmon arms! Even though I only briefly spent some time there while I was living in Kelowna years ago, but even that time was magical. Maybe we can get some great people together and rent one of those house boats and take the tour around the arms someday! Bliss or what?

Last edited by Phtha; 01-16-2010 at 08:47 PM.
Old 01-16-2010, 09:28 PM   #12
Ravens and Doves
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie1971 View Post
Just cross into Idaho... I so love Nelson. IF the powers that be would let me I would move up there to that fine place you call home. However I am in the older part of town here in the Northwoods.

I posted on the PNW area when the board just got going good last week.

I hope to have more time on here soon.

In the early 90s, my brother bought land and a cabin two days hike form the BC. border south of Nelson in Idaho. He sold the land for just a few peanuts more than what he paid and then ka-boom, the area became very popular with urban refugees and land prices trippled.

A year ago I tried to go to Vancouver, but was turned away at customs. I have a place to stay (sponsorship) in the city and I'm no threat to Canadian law and order... but... (sigh), I still have to get things cleared up with the embassy.

Some day I hope to join you all in B.C. for a visit or two. Enjoy your freedoms while you still have them! I have a very strong feeling that the The Crown wants her "colonies" back and things are going to get very strange.

Paul
Ravens and Doves is offline   Reply With Quote