Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 02-04-2010, 01:17 AM   #26
Firstlook
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: President Obama answers questions on YouTube

I did it again.

I would like to apologize for any useless words i have used. I have made this more complicated then it should be, by not stating where I'm coming from in a clear manner. I do understand this flaw despite the evidence.

Sorry for causing any distraction to the topic. My bad.

I and respect everyone on this forum trying to connect.

Firstlook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 10:11 AM   #27
shiftmonkey
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firstlook View Post
Shiftmonkey,

The underlying justifications for your "responses" to authority seem like this :

The government will do this, The Industry will do that. People will make the wrong choices.
I do not see my input as an attempt to justify my responses. I am simply giving my opinion based on my own observations.

Quote:
Yet Ive been accused of having the grim outlook.
I'm not accusing you of anything. This is what you yourself wrote: "Im sorry that things will escalate, but that is inevitable. Politics is a sink hole. There is always gonna be someone with a gun in their hand telling you what to do. Im also sorry that is so."

Based on your statement above- yes it appears to me that you do indeed have a pretty grim outlook.

Quote:
I think you might be less independent in your intent then you realize.
I don't fully understand what you are getting at here. If you want a response you will have to clarify your position.

Quote:
You have explained politics. You loose by default.
I have stated my opinion to bring attention to what I believe to be a motivating factor within "the system" for the legalization of pot. I don't understand how this qualifies me as a loser. I didn't realize that this was a competition. I was under the impression that it was a discussion. Apparently it's important for you to "win" at something, so here is your trophy Have fun with it

Quote:
You support the infringement on Individual Choice. It is the same for all issues within politics and law.
How on earth do you come to the conclusion that I support infringement on individual choice?

Quote:
What I am trying to explain is reality in the most neutral way possible. Duality. People will always make wrong choices and do harm to others. When I say "will" its for the sake of being neutral. Its not a "grim" outlook, its the structure of something important. Free Will. Its the human ability to do either negative or positive.
I'm really not clear on what you are trying to put across here about reality- reality seems to be a fairly subjective viewpoint.

Quote:
I want things to get better. I dont want to get distracted by numbers, compromises, laws, "responses", etc......
If you didn't want to discuss what I posted as my own observations why did you respond to my post with a numbered and point-by-point breakdown?

Quote:
I think people on this thread agree "FULL" legalization is what we want. And yet I have a sinking feeling that people think its something to be planned. Nope. You say one thing. Full legalization. Thats it.
Okay...

Quote:
I understand the urge to use government for good by keeping things tougher for Industry and Corporate America to do. We are all scared of things. Thats why you follow laws that you dont agree with. You meaning most people. But all your really talking about is control. Not freedom. Safety. Its backwards talk. Surely you see the conflict.
I can definitely see a conflict with the way most people look at politics and law.

Quote:
If you watch politics and engage in the process. Then thats the problem. I'm sorry they have guns and will use them. Thats about as far as my understanding goes about Politics.
I don't watch politics or engage in the process because I believe the current system to be compromised and corrupt.

When I saw the original post titled "President Obama answers questions on YouTube" I decided to take a peek out of sheer curiosity. I came across some posts referring to legalization of marijuana and decided to post my own opinions. It wasn't my intention to get into a lengthy discussion on politics.

You then posted a point-by-point breakdown of my post which engaged me into such a discussion. So here I am discussing it with you. Are we having fun yet?

Quote:
I could have made this point alot easier by just stating that I try to avoid the law as much as possible. I lie to the authorities when need be. I do not believe in government what so ever.
I suppose you could have.

We all have our own way of dealing with the system... or not dealing with it.

Quote:
I know we both have the right concerns and best wishes at heart. I merely see where the issue is more..........fearlessly?
Yes we both have good intentions. This is good.

I don't understand why you are under the impression that your vision is more "fearless"... maybe you need another trophy... here you go!

Quote:
I dont have a family to support, so my burden is of my own. But I do not compare burdens and decide which are more important. This is the thinking in which your logic on this issue is based. Others too?

But I digress. Perhaps this is something for another thread.
I don't fully comprehend what you are attempting to communicate here. Perhaps it is something for another thread.

Quote:
For now I'll quit while Im...............awww ****.

peace my friend.
Peace to you as well
shiftmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 10:31 AM   #28
shiftmonkey
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
I did it again.

I would like to apologize for any useless words i have used. I have made this more complicated then it should be, by not stating where I'm coming from in a clear manner. I do understand this flaw despite the evidence.

Sorry for causing any distraction to the topic. My bad.

I and respect everyone on this forum trying to connect.

Go easy on yourself and just have fun with it.

We are all just here to share our views and learn a thing or two.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:45 AM   #29
shiftmonkey
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waking.Up View Post
I'm sorry, but that is not what legalization means. Legalization laws have been passed in Netherlands for many years now. You can buy, grow and smoke your own pot wheter you have or have not a doctors prescription.
Yeah... legalization in the Netherlands is a completely different scenario. Here in the USA the government wants to legalize it only for medicinal purposes. I live in California where some of these laws have already been passed.