Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 01-06-2010, 01:33 PM   #251
rhythm
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Tarot readings here.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanny View Post
Thx for my card
I already think that we are all equal, even those that think they are better than us.
(Indigos )
what the card dint tell you was that a few of us are

just a tad supirior
rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 01:45 PM   #252
G9211
Avalon Senior Member

Hey rhythm... On my profile page, I didn't think you were.....what did you call it? "snarky?" I am pretty new here and for some reason I couldn't figure out how to respond! Feeling a little retarded right now ...cause I still can't! looking for a "reply" button but... <sigh>

Last edited by G9211; 01-06-2010 at 01:50 PM.
G9211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 02:19 PM   #253
G9211
Avalon Senior Member

rhythm...... This is NUTS cause I went to faq and read what it said AND what you said. There is NOWHERE to type a message and there's NO post message button anywhere.! I've been awake all night and all the smart fell out.

....and NOW someone is going to make one of those "dumb American" vids and use ME as the example!

Last edited by G9211; 01-06-2010 at 02:29 PM.
Old 01-06-2010, 02:34 PM   #254
G9211
Avalon Senior Member

I clicked on your name, then visitor messages as the faq told me. But nothing, nowhere for a message. I have a Mac...and I'm using Firefox if that matters in the least.

....going to
Old 01-06-2010, 02:43 PM   #255
lightbeing
Avalon Senior Member

REPOSTING

Hello dear Avalonians,

Just a reminder for those who are considering to request
a reading, the Osho Zen Tarot is NOT fortunetelling !

BUT,

"The traditional tarot is often used to satisfy
our longing to understand the past,
or to predict the future.
This Osho Zen Tarot focuses on gaining an understanding
of the here and now. It is a system based on the wisdom of Zen--
a wisdom that says events in the outer world
simply reflect our own thoughts and feelings,
even though we ourselves might be unclear about
what those thoughts and feelings are.
This tarot helps us to turn our attention away
from outside events so we find a new clarity
of understanding about what is happening in our innermost hearts. "

Please keep in mind that we (rhythm and I) are offering
A ONE CARD GENERAL READING only.

Blessings and Love
lightbeing

lightbeing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 02:46 PM   #256
lightbeing
Avalon Senior Member

G9 please go to this thread to ask for assistance from the mods:

http://projectavalon.net/forum/showp...2&postcount=15

Blessings
lightbeing

Quote:
Originally Posted by G9211 View Post
I clicked on your name, then visitor messages as the faq told me. But nothing, nowhere for a message. I have a Mac...and I'm using Firefox if that matters in the least.

....going to
Old 01-06-2010, 03:39 PM   #257
G9211
Avalon Senior Member

I got your message rhythm, thank you for your help. It's funny, you'd think I had some urgent, secret message for you!

GaiaLove said I either had to be a member for a certain amount of time or post a certain amount of posts...whichever comes first I think.
Old 01-06-2010, 03:46 PM   #258
Jack
Avalon Senior Member

Could someone pull a Tarot card for me?

It would be much appreciated.
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 05:59 PM   #259
lightbeing
Avalon Senior Member

Hello Avalonians,

Here is the card rhythm has pulled for
the collective consciousness of the world:

CREATIVITY

CREATIVITY IS THE QUALITY that you bring to the activity that you are doing. It is an attitude, an inner approach - how you look at things ... Not everybody can be a painter - and there is no need also. If everybody is a painter the world will be very ugly; it will be difficult to live. And not everybody can be a dancer, and there is no need. But everybody can be creative.
Whatsoever you do, if you do it joyfully, if you do it lovingly, if your act of doing is not purely economical, then it is creative. If you have something growing out of it within you, if it gives you growth, it is spiritual, it is creative, it is divine.
You become more divine as you become more creative. All the religions of the world have said God is the creator. I don't know whether he is the creator or not, but one thing I know: the more creative you become, the more godly you become. When your creativity comes to a climax, when your whole life becomes creative, you live in God. So he must be the creator because people who have been creative have been closest to him.
Love what you do. Be meditative while you are doing it - whatsoever it is!

COMMENTARY

From the alchemy of fire and water below to the divine light entering from above, the figure in this card is literally 'possessed by' the creative force. Really, the experience of creativity is an entry into the mysterious. Technique, expertise and knowledge are just tools; the key is to abandon oneself to the energy that fuels the birth of all things. This energy has no form or structure, yet all the forms and structures come out of it.
* It makes no difference what particular from your creativity takes - it can be painting or singing, planting a garden or making a meal. The important thing is to be open to what wants to be expressed through you. Remember that we don't posses our creations; they do not belong to us. True creativity arises from a union with the divine, with the mystical and the unknowable. Then it is both a joy for the creator and a blessing to others.

Blessings
lightbeing

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythm View Post
Looks like we will just pull one for
the collective , well why not eh!
check it out tommorow tho ....
Old 01-06-2010, 06:09 PM   #260
lightbeing
Avalon Senior Member

Hi G9211,

This is the card rhythm has pulled for you:

SILENCE

THE ENERGY OF THE WHOLE has taken possession of you. You are possessed, you are no more, the whole is.
This moment, as the silence penetrates in you, you can understand the significance of it, because it is the same silence that Gautam Buddha experienced. It is the same silence that Chuang Tzu or Bodhidharma or Nansen ... The taste of the silence is the same.
Time changes, the world goes on changing, but the experience of silence, the joy of it, remains the same. That is the only thing you can rely upon, the only thing that never dies. It is the only thing that you can call your very being.

COMMENTARY

The silent mirrorlike receptiveness of a star-filled night with a full moon is reflected in the misty lake below. The face in the sky is deep in meditation, a goddess of the night who brings depth, peace and understanding.
* Now is a very precious time. It will be easy for you to rest inside, to plumb the depths of your own inner silence to the point where it meets the silence of the universe.
* There's nothing to do, nowhere to go, and the quality of your inner silence permeates everything you do. It might make some people uncomfortable, accustomed as they are to all the noise and activity of the world. Never mind; seek out those who can resonate with your silence, or enjoy your aloneness. Now is the time to come home to yourself. The understanding and insights that come to you in these moments will be manifested later on, in a more outgoing phase of your life.

Blessings
lightbeing

Quote:
Originally Posted by G9211 View Post
OH! pick me, pick me!

or, I'll check back tomorrow....
Old 01-06-2010, 06:41 PM   #261
lightbeing
Avalon Senior Member

Hi Jack,

Thanks for your request.
Will let you know when card is drawn.

Blessings
lightbeing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post

Old 01-06-2010, 07:06 PM   #262
Swanny
I dont need a label !

Quote:
what the card dint tell you was that a few of us are

just a tad supirior

Oh no you're not
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 08:34 PM   #263
G9211
Avalon Senior Member

rhythm & lightbeing, Thank you
Old 01-06-2010, 11:17 PM   #264
dAkapacity
Avalon Senior Member

Hello Rhythm of Lightbeing of vica versa ('of' in Dutch means 'or' ;-),

This is a wonderful thread! If you're still picking cards, could you pick one for me, please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythm

"The zen cards are not about fortunetelling or predictions, but to quote from the book, rather its a transendental game of zen which mirriors the moment presenting what is here now .
This game is a wake up call to tune into sensitivity intuition compassion reseptivity courage and individuality.
The meaning of the card which is pulled must be sought on a deeper level and may not be apparant at first glance."

Here's an interesting link on the 'Tarot of Marseilles', (one of) the oldest set of Tarot cards in the world. As you mentioned, they're not meant for fortunetelling, "that's only for conmen" (dixit Jodorowsky).

Alejandro Jodorowsky is commenting on these Tarot cards and sees them as a union, one big mandala. If you focus on its parts (by picking an individual card), you can gain more insight in this stage. With clear intentions and focus it can then help you manifest your reality in this particular stage.
Stage by stage you journey through the whole picture/mandala/life/...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8vlt...eature=related

Greetz & 1Love,
xxdA.

Last edited by dAkapacity; 01-07-2010 at 01:18 AM.
dAkapacity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 12:42 AM   #265
Iceman
Avalon Senior Member

Could someone pull a Tarot card for me please?

It would be very much appreciated.
Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 02:45 AM   #266
Traveler
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbeing View Post
Hi Traveler,

rhythm pulled this card for you:

THE CREATOR

THERE ARE TWO TYPES of creators in the world: one type of creator works with objects - a poet, a painter, they work with objects, they create things; the other type of creator, the mystic, creates himself. He doesn't work with objects, he works with the subject; he works on himself, his own being. And he is the real creator, the real poet because he makes himself into a masterpiece.
You are carrying a masterpiece hidden within you, but you are standing in the way. Just move aside, then the masterpiece will be revealed. Everyone is a masterpiece, because God never gives birth to anything less that that. Everyone carries that masterpiece hidden for many lives, not knowing who they are, and just trying on the surface to become someone.
Drop the idea of becoming someone, because you already are a masterpiece. You cannot be improved. You have only to come to it, to know it, to realize it. God has himself created you, you cannot be improved.

COMMENTARY

The Zen mater in this card has harnessed the energy of fire and is able to use it for creation rather then destruction. He invites us to recognize and participate with him in the understanding that belongs to those who have mastered the fires of passion, without repressing them or allowing them to get destructive and out of balance. He is so integrated that there is no longer any difference between who he is inside and who he is in the world outside. He offers this gift of understanding and integration to all those who come to him, the gift of creative light that comes from the center of his being.
* The King of Fire tells us that anything that we undertake now, with the understanding that comes from maturity, will bring enrichment to our own lives and to the lives of others. Using whatever skills you have, whatever you have learned from your own life experience, it is time to express yourself.

Blessings
lightbeing
Wow, that was infinitely empowering as well as accurate! I have been working my way away from the grip of the intellect/altered ego. I must allow everything to happen! Thanks Rhythm and Lightbeing!
Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 09:34 AM   #267
rhythm
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanny View Post
Oh no you're not
O! yes i am therefore i am
Old 01-07-2010, 11:31 AM   #268
morguana
Project Avalon Moderator

Talking Re: Tarot readings here.....

Quote:
O! yes i am therefore i am
you crease me up swanny and rhythm
big squeezes
m x

the way is not in the sky, the way is in the heart

forum guidlines

Avalon Chat
morguana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 11:46 AM   #269
rhythm
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by morguana View Post
you crease me up swanny and rhythm
big squeezes
m x
not to hard now now
morg .. im kinda delicate
you know i cant realy mix with the great unwashed
does me chakras in dear x
Old 01-07-2010, 05:52 PM   #270
Phr0z3n
Avalon Senior Member

Rythmn and Lightbeing,

Thank you so much for the reading. It was absolutely mindblowing as it was exactly dead-on. I was not able to read it yesterday when I should have. Now, looking back on yesterday...you could read the reading and the script of my life and match it up PERFECTLY. I should have read it yesterday as it would have saved me a bunch of time and pain if I had just practiced patience.
Phr0z3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 06:13 PM   #271
lightbeing
Avalon Senior Member

Hi Jack,

CHANGE

LIFE REPEATS ITSELF MINDLESSLY - unless you become mindful, it will go on repeating like a wheel. That's why Buddhists call it the wheel of life and death - the wheel of time. It moves like a wheel: birth is followed by death, death is followed by birth: love is followed by hate, hate is followed by love: success is followed by failure, failure is followed by success. Just see!
If you can watch just for a few days, you will see a pattern emerging, a wheel pattern. One day, a fine morning, you are feeling so good and so happy, and another day you are so dull, so dead that you start thinking of committing suicide. And just the other day you were so full of life, so blissful that you were feeling thankful to god that you were in a mood of deep gratefulness, and today there is great complaint and you don't see the point why one should go on living .... And it goes on and on, but you don't see the pattern.
Once you see the pattern, you can get out it.

COMMENTARY

The symbol in this card is an enormous wheel representing time, fate, karma. Galaxies spin around this constantly moving circle, and the twelve signs of the zodiac appear on the circumference. Just inside the circumference are the eight trigrams of the I Ching, and even closer to the center are the four directions, each illuminated by the energy of lightning. The spinning triangle is at this moment pointed upward, toward the divine, and the Chinese symbol of yin and yang, male and female, creative and receptive, lies at the center.
* It has often been said that the only unchanging thing in the world is change itself. Life is continuously changing, evolving, dying and being reborn. All opposites play a part in this vast circular pattern. If you cling to the edge of the wheel you can get dizzy! Move toward the center of the cyclone and relax, knowing that this too will pass.

Blessings
lightbeing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post

Old 01-07-2010, 06:16 PM   #272
lightbeing
Avalon Senior Member

Hi Phr0z3n

You are most welcome!
It is a great way to gain understanding
about the here and now.

Blessings and love
lightbeing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phr0z3n View Post
Rythmn and Lightbeing,

Thank you so much for the reading. It was absolutely mindblowing as it was exactly dead-on. I was not able to read it yesterday when I should have. Now, looking back on yesterday...you could read the reading and the script of my life and match it up PERFECTLY. I should have read it yesterday as it would have saved me a bunch of time and pain if I had just practiced patience.
Old 01-07-2010, 06:27 PM   #273
lightbeing
Avalon Senior Member

Hi dAkapacity,

TRAVELLING

LIFE IS A CONTINUITY always and always. There is no final destination it is going towards. Just the pilgrimage, just the journey in itself is life, not reaching to some point, no goal - just dancing and being in pilgrimage, moving joyously, without bothering about any destination. What will you do by getting to a destination? Nobody has asked this, because everybody is trying to have some destination in life. But the implications...
If you really reach the destination of life, then what? Then you will look very embarrassed. Nowhere to go .. you have reached to the final destination - and in the journey you have lost everything. You had to lose everything. So standing naked at the final destination, you will look all around like an idiot: what was the point? You were hurrying so hard, and you were worrying so hard and this is the outcome.

COMMENTARY

The tiny figure moving on the path through this beautiful landscape is not concerned about the goal. He or she knows the journey is the goal, the pilgrimage itself is the sacred place. Each step on the path is important in itself.
* When this card appears in a reading, it indicates a time of movement and change. It may be a physical movement from one place to the next, or an inner movement from one way of being to another. But whatever the case, this card promises that the going will be easy and will bring a sense of adventure and growth; there is no need to struggle or plan too much. The Traveling card also reminds us to accept and embrace the new, just as when we travel to another country with a different culture and environment than the one we are accustomed to. The attitude of openness and acceptance invites new friends and experiences into our lives.

Blessings and love
lightbeing

Quote:
Originally Posted by dAkapacity View Post
Hello Rhythm of Lightbeing of vica versa ('of' in Dutch means 'or' ;-),

This is a wonderful thread! If you're still picking cards, could you pick one for me, please?

Greetz & 1Love,
xxdA.
Old 01-07-2010, 06:31 PM   #274
illuminate
Avalon Senior Member

hello, I would like one too please... whenever you have time, no hurry!

THANK U + Blessings!

~ one love ~
illuminate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 06:36 PM   #275
lightbeing
Avalon Senior Member

Hi Iceman,

Here is the card rhythm pulled for you:

STRESS

ALL PRIVATE GOALS ARE NEUROTIC. The essential man comes to know, to feel, "I am not separate from the whole, and there is no need to seek and search for any destiny on my own. Things are happening, the world is moving - call it God ... he is doing things. They are happening of their own accord. There is no need for me to make any struggle, any effort; there is no need for me to fight for anything. I can relax and be." The essential man is not a doer. The accidental man is a doer. The accidental man is, of course, then in anxiety, tension, stress, anguish, continuously sitting on a volcano. It can erupt any moment, because he lives in a world of uncertainty and believes as if it is certain. This creates tension in his being: he knows deep down that nothing is certain.

COMMENTARY

How many people do you know who, just when they were completely overloaded, with too many projects, too many 'balls in the air', have suddenly come down with the flu, or taken a fall and ended up on crutches? That's just the sort of 'bad timing' the little monkey with the pin in his hand is about to impose on the 'one-man-band' pictured here!
* The quality of stress represented by this card visits all of us at times, but perfectionists are particularly vulnerable to it. We create it ourselves, with the idea that without us nothing will happen - especially in the way we want it to! Well, what makes you think you're so special? Do you think the sun won't rise in the morning unless you personally set the alarm? Go for a walk, buy some flowers, and fix yourself a spaghetti dinner - anything 'unimportant' will do. Just put yourself out of that monkey's reach!

Blessings and love
lightbeing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Could someone pull a Tarot card for me please?

It would be very much appreciated.