Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 03-14-2010, 10:17 AM   #1
Kristoffer
Avalon Senior Member

Default Any good news?!

Hello!

It seems to me that this forum i beginning to look more like jerry springer! And im kinda frustrated about it.

Why does everyone have to be such dramaqueens and do the "well if you dont agree with me im gonna run and hide" Isnt this whats really cool to be human? To think differently? to debate this and that? do you really just wanna preach to the chorus? (dont know how this spells sorry).

I do not always approve what people think here and what the admins did to remove threads etc, but guess what? im cool with it, i dont have to like everything, and because of it i dont have to close my account and go to a better place where all sit in a circle and agree.

I havent been active here with an account for long, i mean ive been looking at this forum and havent felt that i had to wright you anything. But i registred just before this whole bill and kerry drama unfolded. And in all seriousness..... what the hell? so they do not agree with stuffs? so what? i dont have to go and cut my wrists because of it. Let them have their fight, but here all got involved like it was ur parents that fought.

I hope you are all grown ups, even if you belive in UFO´s, The gouverment conspiricy, or whatever ur pref view is.

Just stop being 12 years old and act like you cant get along in the sandbox.

over and out

/Kristoffer
Kristoffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 10:48 AM   #2
raulduke
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Any good news?!

I understand your sentiments Kristoffer, all I can say is, it's kinda complicated for now while a few are sitting on the truth.

As for any good news, here's a bit:

Acts of Kindness Spread Surprisingly Easily: Just a Few People Can Make a Difference

ScienceDaily (Mar. 10, 2010)

— For all those dismayed by scenes of looting in disaster-struck zones, whether Haiti or Chile or elsewhere, take heart: Good acts -- acts of kindness, generosity and cooperation -- spread just as easily as bad. And it takes only a handful of individuals to really make a difference.

This diagram illustrates how a single act of kindness can spread between individuals and across time. Cooperative behavior spreads three degrees of separation: if Eleni increases her contribution to the public good, it benefits Lucas (one degree of separation), who gives more when paired with Erika (two degrees of separation) in period 2, who gives more when paired with Jay (three degrees of separation) in period 3, who gives more when paired with Brecken in period 4. The effects also persist over time, so that Lucas gives more when paired with Erika (period 2) and also when paired with Lysander (period 3), Bemy (period 4), Sebastian (period 5), and Nicholas (period 6). The effect also persists at two degrees of separation, as Erika not only gives more when paired with Jay (period 3), but also when paired with Harla (period 4) and James (period 5). All the paths in this illustrative cascade are supported by results in the experiments, and it is important to note that if Eleni decreases her initial contribution then her uncooperative behavior can spread and persist as well. (Credit: Courtesy James Fowler, UC San Diego)
raulduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 04:19 PM   #3
monique
Avalon Senior Member

This is a good new Raulduke ! Science recognize the good and best human efforts. Thank you very much for bring the article ! Monique.
monique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 05:49 PM   #4
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

The good new is we are all breathing in and out.
That might seem irrelevant to what seems to be important on the forum, but try and hold your breath for 5 minutes and see how important the next breath becomes.
It comes and that is really good news.
And yes every act of kindness brings its own reward, we do make a difference.
Ch
greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 10:33 PM   #5
Kristoffer
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greybeard View Post
The good new is we are all breathing in and out.
That might seem irrelevant to what seems to be important on the forum, but try and hold your breath for 5 minutes and see how important the next breath becomes.
It comes and that is really good news.
And yes every act of kindness brings its own reward, we do make a difference.
Ch
Wise words my friend, wise words.
Old 03-14-2010, 11:16 PM   #6
Dougall
Avalon Senior Member

Kristoffer - I am new here as well and I don't really understand what the long time members are going through. I am starting to see that the site is more about the people who post here than the overall subject matter.

I think that people who have been here for 2 or 3 years have an emotional attachment to the site and the other long time members. It feels like currently, Avalon is all about Avalon, People getting banned sent to the Mists or having some kind of trouble with the mods. As I said I am new and don't know the history of the Fellowship. It may have been really satisfying for the Members to share their ideas at one time and now they feel a loss.

I was just starting to consider if Avalon was the right place or the exact wrong place for a person to post sensitive info. Then it dawned on me that Avalon is about the relationships between the people who post here.
In a way it's kinda not my business! I have not invested the time or the effort and I do not know the back story. So as far as what is happening here my opinion is moot.
Dougall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 10:05 PM   #7
Kristoffer
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougall View Post
Kristoffer - I am new here as well and I don't really understand what the long time members are going through. I am starting to see that the site is more about the people who post here than the overall subject matter.

I think that people who have been here for 2 or 3 years have an emotional attachment to the site and the other long time members. It feels like currently, Avalon is all about Avalon, People getting banned sent to the Mists or having some kind of trouble with the mods. As I said I am new and don't know the history of the Fellowship. It may have been really satisfying for the Members to share their ideas at one time and now they feel a loss.

I was just starting to consider if Avalon was the right place or the exact wrong place for a person to post sensitive info. Then it dawned on me that Avalon is about the relationships between the people who post here.
In a way it's kinda not my business! I have not invested the time or the effort and I do not know the back story. So as far as what is happening here my opinion is moot.

Hey mate!

Yeah i feel the same, its more about people investing time in proving their own "uniqeness" or their abillity to speak the truthe. Its like the gaza strip over and over, some say this, some do not agree and do it in a way to make them look more of the "allknowing" and the others to be hoaxsters or whatever.

Some people are just trying to spread love, some are trying to do the opposite. But this is human nature, i can just take a step back and observe as i always do. This is how you learn. This is how to create order out of chaos.

Cheers!