Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 07-05-2009, 03:30 AM   #76
14 Chakras
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Concepts of God

I think everyone of these post offer valid and interesting viewpoints on what God is, thanks for the thread.

From the posts in this thread, I really like the simple "God IS" and "God is love". For me, I think the word God is often misused in our world, and therefore not always the best word to describe the infinite.

Often when the term God is used, people think of something outside of themselves... a religious God in the sky, or some entity that is responsible for the state of the world... however, as we know, God is much more than that. In reality, we are individualization's of the infinite, of 'God', who are responsible for our own creations.

I believe we are indeed co-creators with the infinite. We have used our co-creative powers to create a world of lack and suffering. We've done this, by giving up our power to the 'elite' and the collective consciousness.

We are easily managed by deceiving forces because we follow the carrots dangled in front of our human egos. We also have believed the lie that the power for change is not found within us.

However, we are divine beings and this is our world to take dominion over, we only need to awaken to this reality. The solutions that come from 'God' to bring on the Golden Age will not come from outside of us, they will come from inside of us, when we are willing to take back our power and surrender to the still small voice within.

Jesus called this voice the 'father', a more modern term would be the higher Self, or I AM presence. Each one of us has a unique divine plan and a divine blue print.

Our divine blue print is our God Self, our I AM presence, who we are when we ascend past the illusion we're just our egos, and into the realization that we are in reality, infinite potentiality in the eternal Now.

We are spiritual beings having a material experience.

Our divine plan is what we are here to offer this planet in our sojourn here. As more of us connect to our divine plan, more light comes in the world through us and the world is raised back up into the reality of Oneness.

Oneness not sameness, as we are all unique and beautiful individualization's of the infinite. The infinite becomes More through us, when we co-create in love.

As the collective consciousness is raised to the point where all life here sees the reality that we are interconnected with all other life and that the infinite creative consciousness behind all creation is accessible within us, we will co-create a world that continuously grows in depth and abundance, infinitely.

As we align ourselves with our divine plan and divine blue print, we are the body of God here below as our higher Selves are the body of God above.

Last edited by 14 Chakras; 07-05-2009 at 05:29 PM.
14 Chakras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 12:24 PM   #77
day
Retired Avalon Member

Default Re: Consepts of God

All of these posts are great, each one seeing something different yet all come back to the difficulty of saying what God is.

keeping it simple is best yet God / Creator is in everything and when our spiritual eyes are opened we see this in all people.

Our sould are birthed from the Creator and Jesus said 'pure in heart will see God'

I love this thread for what we think on we draw to us
day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 01:29 PM   #78
RedeZra
Avalon Senior Member

God is already Perfect

Whatever we do we cannot add anything to God

Sure we can display Godly qualities
No wonder for God is our Self
And God is more then all His parts

If God wills He can switch off the sun
Such is the power of God

God is still God even if no Man realises Him

And when a Man realises Him he will loose himself in God
And nothing is added unto God
As nothing is added unto the ocean when a bubble bursts

God is Aware of what is going on
And every moment a miracle happens

Our part is to act Godly

So as to sanctify ourselves and our community

It goes without saying that if everybody acted Godly
We would not be in this current individual and social mess

But then again

If everybody and everything were in complaisant harmony
We might not bother to make an effort to realise ourselves as God

So the Devil and his demons are here to stir things up
To bring some dynamic drama to the scene
To accuse and to tempt man

And by the choices we make we show our worth
And recieve what we deserve

On our long journey back to God

For as the water in the rivers and the clouds return to the ocean
So our souls are homeward bound to merge with God

If not today so tomorrow

If you dont feel the urge to return today
You will certainly feel it tomorrow

Last edited by RedeZra; 07-05-2009 at 01:49 PM.
RedeZra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 12:24 AM   #79
day
Retired Avalon Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedeZra View Post
Fine you be on top of your game in Life and God will guide you through Death and back to Life again to Death to Life again and back again so you can influence yourself again and again continually paused by brief moments of Death then Life and Death and Life again til you get so fed up you cant take it anymore and seriously start to look for God in Life lol

Actually God Self Realization is serious business for only a few handful people at every time
Most dont understand it - Many cant take it - Some go half the way - Only a few endure to the End
It means literally picking up the Cross carry it be strung on it and pierced on it!
It means being spat on cursed ridiculed trampled kicked bruised and battered!
It means total destruction of ego in body mind and soul!

Who will carry this Cross...? Any volunteers among Man...? Who will help me carry this Cross...?
So He did it Himself all the Way ...so that whoever believes from now to ever in the Power of His Resurrected Spirit shall be saved by the Glory of His Name!
Well SAID!!!!

Yet there are those of us who look to the heavens and hold a longing in our hearts to know God, have a walk with God and be close to God. There are some of us who yearn for a relationship with God. To understand and change for our love of God. Because being close to God we naturally can see things from many viewpoints, such is the vastness of God.

I love the Creator.In my two nde's I saw different things, but this did not take away from my beliefs, my beliefs were expanded, and always with love.
Old 07-06-2009, 12:33 AM   #80
day
Retired Avalon Member

Quote:
A little remembrance of Lord Jesus

My Passion is the Cross
My Body and Blood for Mans Sin and Soul

It is Done! Redeemed! Rejoice!

Remember I Rose
as I Rise in him
who remembers Me

Clip links with testimony from Earthquake Kelly and Walter Hallam

Earthquake Kelley - Man visits Heaven and meets God
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xIeR...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJMUn...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hcU-...eature=related

Recent Death Revelation by Jesus - Perry Stone & Walter Hallam
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...60354160&hl=en
EArthquake Kelly has a profound testimony--really worth watching
What Jesus did for us cannot be confined to a bible for it is so much more!
It cannot be concluded in our small understanding for it is so much more.

google Ron Wyatt - Ark discoveries -- also on youtube. His passion was biblical archeology, he found some amazing things.

Howard Storm - a former atheist and art teacher had a profound near death experience, can also be found on youtube and google videos.

Howard Storm learned quite a bit, his videos on google encompass what he learned about the universe, et's, and heaven.
Old 07-23-2009, 02:16 PM   #81
RedeZra
Avalon Senior Member

In the Beginning A vast calm Ocean of Consciousness in Deep Sleep

The 3 Tendencies intrinsic in Consciousness in Perfect Balance
The Trinity Rest In Peace in an Undisturbed Equilibrium

Then a ripple a movement a disturbance of some sort
And Consciousness is Awake and Aware and Alone

And Consciousness is Creative

And Consciousness Projects the Universe from Itself within Itself by the inherent Power of the Trinity

So All That Is came to be because of the Three Tendencies in Consciousness which is One

And everything is seeking back to balance
And everybody longs for peace of mind

And It will sleep again

And till then It is Awake and Aware of It All

It Is Everything Everywhere Ever
Old 12-06-2009, 12:16 AM   #82
RedeZra
Avalon Senior Member

As time and time before

God will walk the Earth

to teach Man

for there is a Righteous way to live

a life like God

All the Collective ever is a portion of God's Consciousness

what was what is and what will be

that's why He knows us better than ourselves

He is beyond the three times

past present and future

the Eternal Now

the Spirit within without above below

blowing like the wind

nowhere now here

the Mover of Man and the Motion of Nations

the Greater Sum of all the parts

the Soul's journey and joy

the ultimate Destiny

Now all is not Roses but thorns too

Our Culture of a Cross and a Crown of Thorns

Ancient premonitions and amnesty for the coming shedding of blood

for we are free to choose

but we are not free

no not at all

from the consequences of our choices

So again and again

God will descend

to show Man

the Right way

to Himself
Old 12-06-2009, 11:07 AM   #83
14 Chakras
Avalon Senior Member

For me, it is a very big "Aha" understanding that "He" / "God" that will walk the earth and that is spoken of in lovely poem above, is my very own, and your very own "I AM Presence".

God will indeed walk the earth consciously, and it will do so through YOU ~ through us !

"God's" greatest desire is that we remember God lives in us and I and my Father are One and God BEs through me ~ We are the Body of God ~ As above so below ~ We will do the works that Jesus did only greater works than these we will do ~ in reality there is no separation ~ The abomination of desolation in the holy place of authority where it aught not has been removed ~ the human ego is no longer in control ~ Christ Consciousness has been born in the Suns and Daughters of God ~ The Great Awakening ~~~~~ We are Awakening to our true roles as Co-creators with the infinite ~~~~~ The eternal Now made Manifest on Earth ~~~~ Golden Age made Manifest through US ~~~~ Those who choose to BE will BE ~~~ BEing ~~~ the illusion of separation and victim consciousness has been transmuted and replaced with the Truth that has set us FREE to BE ~~~~
14 Chakras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 05:23 PM   #84
RedeZra
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14 Chakras View Post
For me, it is a very big "Aha" understanding that "He" / "God" that will walk the earth and that is spoken of in lovely poem above, is my very own, and your very own "I AM Presence".

God will indeed walk the earth consciously, and it will do so through YOU ~ through us !

Yes

Our very own

I AM Presence

Absolute and Aware

the I Am Presence within Man is easily accessible

but it is not so easy to stay aware and awake in It

the I Am Presence is wide awake above the realms of Mind

and from time to time the I Am incarnates and interacts with Man

clothing the costume of a body

looking like any other Man

while walking the Earth

to teach to culture to awake

only the Awake

can shake the sleepers and the slumbers

to the Royal state of Reality

for it's just another illusion

to believe to be awake

when one is really dreaming

God is always walking with and within Man as the I Am Presence

and Sometimes Some awakes to this Reality

and Sometimes the I Am comes to walk with Man

Old 12-08-2009, 03:42 AM   #85
RedeZra
Avalon Senior Member

We do not choose

the time of life's enter and exit

these things are not entirely up to us

this is God's pastime

what on Earth are we doing here

We are gathering and burning Karma

As the saying goes

the twice born goes to perdition

for he will accumulate Karma

in an endless succession of birth and death

until he refines
Old 01-26-2010, 07:31 PM   #86
RedeZra
Avalon Senior Member

the Supreme Spirit is the Sovereign

the Supreme Spirit's Great Pastime and Play is the Creativity of Creation

who am I

that is the question

that will need an answer

in the meantime enjoy the scene

for it is a play
Old 01-26-2010, 08:05 PM   #87
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Love your way with words RedZra.
The Advaita Sage the late Ramesh Balsekar said.

God wrote the play
God produced the play
God directed the play
God is every actor in the play
God is the witness of the play.

It is up to us to enjoy the play for we are God.

Regards Chris

ps every actor has the choice as to how he plays the character in the play.

Regards Chris
greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 08:06 PM   #88
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Perhaps we are concepts of God.
Smiling
Chris
Old 01-26-2010, 08:21 PM   #89
RedeZra
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greybeard View Post
Perhaps we are concepts of God.
Smiling
Chris
hehe I believe so
Old 01-26-2010, 08:52 PM   #90
trainedobserver
Avalon Senior Member

If something like a god existed would it not be incomprehensible to the human mind? Aren't all concepts of god therefore simply products of the human imagination? Is contemplating the incomprehensible productive?

It is though a person were attempting to describe an object he has never seen performing a function he doesn't understand.

The human species only exists within a tiny sliver of space-time. While we can theoretically comprehend the system to which we belong and the subsystems comprising it we are blind to the super-system in which we constitute the subordinate systems due primarily to the problem of resource limitations. We are resource limited in data and data processing capacity. As a member of the subset we cannot comprehend the superset to which we belong because we do not and can not contain the data necessary to do so.
Example: Describe the entire alphabet only using the first five letters.

So ... it would seem to me that we must as human beings accept our limitations and recognize that we cannot possibly understand or know these things about supreme beings, gods, and the like and that any concepts of them we do hold are wholey products of our imaginations and have no basis in reality. To fail to do so makes us susceptible to our imaginations and the imaginations of others from which we might construct gods and supreme beings to both frighten and console ourselves with.

I was a Christian for over 35 years before I figured out that it all had to be the product of the human imagination fueled by human need. While I found this realization extremely difficult to swallow I nevertheless had to admit to its truth and deal with it. Its just another part of being a human being.

You may argue whether I am an atheist or an agnostic. I say I'm an atheist because I view all human concepts of god as impossible on principle. You however may say I am agnostic in that I recognize the probability that the universe itself is a living being with some sort of consciousness that although not the personal god imagined by many, might fit the bill for a supreme being of some kind although it would still remain incomprehensible.
trainedobserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 09:12 PM   #91
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainedobserver View Post
If something like a god existed would it not be incomprehensible to the human mind? Aren't all concepts of god therefore simply products of the human imagination? Is contemplating the incomprehensible productive?

It is though a person were attempting to describe an object he has never seen performing a function he doesn't understand.

The human species only exists within a tiny sliver of space-time. While we can theoretically comprehend the system to which we belong and the subsystems comprising it we are blind to the super-system in which we constitute the subordinate systems due primarily to the problem of resource limitations. We are resource limited in data and data processing capacity. As a member of the subset we cannot comprehend the superset to which we belong because we do not and can not contain the data necessary to do so.
Example: Describe the entire alphabet only using the first five letters.

So ... it would seem to me that we must as human beings accept our limitations and recognize that we cannot possibly understand or know these things about supreme beings, gods, and the like and that any concepts of them we do hold are wholey products of our imaginations and have no basis in reality. To fail to do so makes us susceptible to our imaginations and the imaginations of others from which we might construct gods and supreme beings to both frighten and console ourselves with.

I was a Christian for over 35 years before I figured out that it all had to be the product of the human imagination fueled by human need. While I found this realization extremely difficult to swallow I nevertheless had to admit to its truth and deal with it. Its just another part of being a human being.

You may argue whether I am an atheist or an agnostic. I say I'm an atheist because I view all human concepts of god as impossible on principle. You however may say I am agnostic in that I recognize the probability that the universe itself is a living being with some sort of consciousness that although not the personal god imagined by many, might fit the bill for a supreme being of some kind although it would still remain incomprehensible.

Hi Trained Observer. you are of course right. All concepts are fallacious because they are by there very nature objective, they are about the subject, they are not subjective.

Dr David Hawkins was for a long while an agnostic after being a devout Christian. He got to the point where he just could not accept a god who let pain and misery happen on a massive scale. From the depth of hell he said " If there is a God I ask him for help"
In a holy instant he was enlightened.

http://www.veritaspub.com/

Thats his publishers web site.

For my self I have had the love of God descend on me unexpectedly, it is unmistakable.

I have written an account on the "Ego what is it and how to transcend it" Several others have written there of their spiritual experiences.

Regards Chris
Old 01-26-2010, 09:33 PM   #92
trainedobserver
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
For my self I have had the love of God descend on me unexpectedly, it is unmistakable.
I would say that you have experienced something. Certainly, I have experienced what I would have described in the same manner years ago.

When we say we have experienced the love of God we are interpreting our experience using our imaginations.

It makes more sense to me to interpret those experiences in human context in human terms. This would seem to be closer to the truth than speculating about an "other" we imagine to be all encompassing in his being and nature but which cannot know by the very definition we have attributed to "it".
Old 01-26-2010, 09:47 PM   #93
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
I would say that you have experienced something. Certainly, I have experienced what I would have described in the same manner years ago.

When we say we have experienced the love of God we are interpreting our experience using our imaginations.

It makes more sense to me to interpret those experiences in human context in human terms. This would seem to be closer to the truth than speculating about an "other" we imagine to be all encompassing in his being and nature but which cannot know by the very definition we have attributed to "it".

Yes I can see where you are coming from.
However.
I had my life saved by the fellowship of AA.
If you read the history of AA you will see that alcholism is a fatal illness and beore the founder of AA had a spiritual awkening the recovery rate from alcholism was nil.

Since AA started millions of people have recovered are recovering and will recover from an un treatable disease called alcholism
The love of family friends etc will not stop the alcholic drinking, a Dr cant cure you,
The 12 step spiritual program of AA works through the power/love of God.
Every sober person in AA is a miracle.

You can trigger bliss states by activating parts of the brain, you ca get a high from drugs/alchol but that does not last.
Enlightenment does.
I wrote an account of Dr Hawkins state of enlightenment from one of his books in the ego thread . If you feel moved to do so have a look.

If your happy in your current belief thats great.

Regards Chris
Old 01-26-2010, 10:22 PM   #94
trainedobserver
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Yes I can see where you are coming from.
However.
I had my life saved by the fellowship of AA.
Which is of human origin. I mean no offense but you were saved by other human beings. All we have is other human beings. Your AA experience illustrates it perfectly. Spiritual experiences are all human experiences which are sometimes inexplicable given the available data, the human imagination will often construct various things about the experience in an attempt to understand it or simply fit it into our understanding of the world. You owe your sobriety not to some supernatural miracle experience by you or the founder of AA. You owe it to the experience and actions of other human beings. I hope you enjoy a long and fruitful sobriety.
Old 01-26-2010, 10:37 PM   #95
RedeZra
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
If something like a god existed would it not be incomprehensible to the human mind?

yes

but to be incomprehensible to the human mind

does not exclude the existence

of what we cannot comprehend
Old 01-26-2010, 10:47 PM   #96
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Which is of human origin. I mean no offense but you were saved by other human beings. All we have is other human beings. Your AA experience illustrates it perfectly. Spiritual experiences are all human experiences which are sometimes inexplicable given the available data, the human imagination will often construct various things about the experience in an attempt to understand it or simply fit it into our understanding of the world. You owe your sobriety not to some supernatural miracle experience by you or the founder of AA. You owe it to the experience and actions of other human beings. I hope you enjoy a long and fruitful sobriety.
Yes but by the same token -- how come my friends wife kids Dr couldent get me sober?

You are welcome to your belief system as long as it works for you ,great.
Mine works for me and thats what it is a belief system

Ramesh said be clear. "The teaching of every sage is a concept"

The only thing that is valid is subjective experience.
Possibly the only one that every one can agree on is that "I" exist.

I wrote about Kundalini experience. I had a lot of the symptoms before I had read one word about Kundalini. Thats a subjective expeience.

When one thing happens its a "May be so"
When you get more that the average number of "coincidences then thats a little different

Basically I think we agree on most things except the proof of a God.

The mind does what it does I am not the mind.
The body breathes in and out by itself I cant stop it for more than a few moments.
Its not me.

The question is "What am I"

I believe what mystics have said since time immemorial.
We are all waves of the Divine ocean.

Regards Chris
Old 01-26-2010, 10:51 PM   #97
trainedobserver
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:

yes

but to be incomprehensible to the human mind

does not exclude the existence

of what we cannot comprehend
If we cannot comprehend something then we cannot know of its existence. If we construct something that we can comprehend, like all known concepts of god, then by simple virtue of its nature it cannot be a true representation of that which we seek to describe. It is a logical if not a mathematical impossibility. To spend much time contemplating things (our placing our hopes in them) that might exist outside of our ability to comprehend might be an amusing exercise but certainly no real actionable data can be extracted from it and I don't see that it helps me personally cope with the reality I have to deal with day to day.
Old 01-26-2010, 11:02 PM   #98
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

I tried to find Him on the Christian cross, but He was not there; I went to the Temple of the Hindus and to the old pagoda, but I could not find a trace of Him anywhere.

I searched the mountains and the valleys but neither in the heights nor in the depths was I able to find Him. I went to the Kaaba in Mecca, but He was not there either.

I questioned the scholars and philosophers, but He was beyond their understanding.

I then looked into my heart and it was there where He dwelled that I saw him; He was nowhere else to be found.

Jalaluddin Rumi

What the mind does'nt understand the heart will

Love from me
mudra
mudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 11:02 PM   #99
RedeZra
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
If we cannot comprehend something then we cannot know of its existence.

we cannot comprehend energy still we can make practical use of it

I say the Sages make practical use of God
Old 01-26-2010, 11:04 PM   #100
trainedobserver
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Yes but by the same token -- how come my friends wife kids Dr couldent get me sober?
The fact that AA has a method or technique that works is pretty evident by the number of people they help. They have a method that works irregardless of what you view as your "higher power" is the answer.

Quote:
The mind does what it does I am not the mind.
The body breathes in and out by itself I cant stop it for more than a few moments.
Its not me.
The question is "What am I"
I believe what mystics have said since time immemorial.
We are all waves of the Divine ocean.
Regards Chris
But in truth Chris, what you think of as yourself (the illusionary perceived self) is just another part of your mind. The object and subject are in fact the same. The bit that asks "Who am I?" is just part of the mind constructed to give us our "self perspective".

Peace and all that man. Its a personal thing. Everybody has to figure this out for themselves in some way. It isn't anything that can be explained anyway it has to be personally realized. The truth about reality cannot be communicated it has to be personally experienced or realized to be understood. I think you would agree with me on that point.

Have a good one.