Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2010, 04:55 PM   #51
UncleJohn
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Los Altos California
Posts: 112
Default Re: The Good, The Bad & The Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedForSpeed View Post
The moderators of this site are notorious for censoring what they personally dislike in order to further whatever agenda. Think of "Project Avalan" as their personal playground where if you don't do exactly as they say, you will get banned.

Now let's give names, I am referring especifically to Anchor and Humble Janitor (?). Not sure if this is by design or not, but this is the reality.
Hi NeedForSpeed. I'm a new moderator here so I can't say about the past. Over the last month I have observed the moderators here and in particular, anchor act with reserve and kindness. On many forums, one complaint against the mods and you are banned forever. Clearly not here. If I saw the moderators acting here as you presented, I would not be a moderator for long.

So hopefully, the past is behind us.
UncleJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 09:33 AM   #52
Harry_CDN
Avalon Senior Member
 
Harry_CDN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 52
Default Re: The Good, The Bad & The Banned

Wow NWO Wild
hmm I'm very sorry but I find that hard to believe. I find NWO people are
"well-dressed globalists" and have lots of money.
Harry_CDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 10:16 AM   #53
morguana
Project Avalon Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: sussex, uk
Posts: 1,137
Default Re: The Good, The Bad & The Banned

need for speed, anchor has done a super job of moderating, he has continued to be fair and without personal judgment, most of us here only have the highest regard for him
blessings to you
m x
__________________
better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings peace

the way is not in the sky, the way is in the heart

forum guidlines

Avalon Chat

Last edited by morguana; 01-11-2010 at 10:49 AM.
morguana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 10:39 AM   #54
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posts: 2,280
Default Re: The Good, The Bad & The Banned

NeedForSpeed:

There are only a small number of people who were disruptive enough to get banned so far - approximately less than 0.6% of the registered user base - 6 in 1000 over two years. It is also worth pointing out that there are many anti-obama and pro-obama posts/threads. The people making these comments within the context of the forum guidelines are not being banned.

If what you say was true, there would be many more banned people.

I accept/admit and do not deny that I have pro-obama views, but these days I choose not to express them in debate on this forum. We moderators do have an agenda - it is to try to keep this forum operating in accordance with the agreed forum guidelines.

If you see anticomuna - and from what I see that is quite within the bounds of possibility - please tell him I am sorry that it went down that way - but it was not about the views being expressed, it was about the continuous disruption to the forum.

A..

Last edited by Anchor; 01-11-2010 at 10:46 AM.
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 11:30 AM   #55
Neo
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 97
Default Re: The Good, The Bad & The Banned

I just hope this forum doesnt end up like some I've been on for example.....

I was once a member on the paracast forum and got into an interesting debate about billy meier, basically the moderators of that forum were slagging off about Meier and I put forth some info that kinda shot down their argument. I did it the nicest manor and really wasnt there to argue as such.
Even though there was no fire or brimstone from anyone, I was banned purely because the info put forward shot down their debate.

I dont see the same thing here and hopefully it stays that way
Neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 11:39 AM   #56
Karen
Project Avalon Organizer
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NE Oregon boondocks, USA
Posts: 1,767
Default Re: The Good, The Bad & The Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
I just hope this forum doesnt end up like some I've been on for example.....

I was once a member on the paracast forum and got into an interesting debate about billy meier, basically the moderators of that forum were slagging off about Meier and I put forth some info that kinda shot down their argument. I did it the nicest manor and really wasnt there to argue as such.
Even though there was no fire or brimstone from anyone, I was banned purely because the info put forward shot down their debate.

I dont see the same thing here and hopefully it stays that way
Just treat others with respect and you can express just about any opinion you want to here. Don't use name-calling and other personal attacks. If you haven't read the forum guidelines, check out the link below. We are not out to ban people who don't agree with us. We are all just volunteers, living in various places around the world. If all the moderators were asked 10 questions about their beliefs, I doubt you would see 2 of the 14 answer them all the same way.
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 12:02 PM   #57
Stargazer1965
Hall Monitor
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Midwest
Posts: 733
Default Re: The Good, The Bad & The Banned

Need for Speed....When you came here before or when you came back....Did you bring some truth to share or an ax to grind?

The truth...we would love to hear

The ax.....you can leave that on the porch

I have to say Anchor and I have not seen eye to eye on more than a few topics....but no one fairer you will find.

SG
Stargazer1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 12:21 PM   #58
Céline
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,285
Default Re: The Good, The Bad & The Banned

i believe there is a major issue here that has yet to be brought .

Lack of Trust


Authority is an important part of the balance of life

Personal authority is easier to follow the an authority imposed by society.

Of course there is plenty wrong about the established authority that exists right now , in our shared world...much room for improvement....

But

We need Authority..on this forum... and a very important element that must exist for authority to work well..is...

Trust

When you are discussing peoples beliefs as well as sharing "truths"..you are going to find MANY who have a hard time trusting...

i would put money on the fact that each and everyone banned (other then spammers of course) have an issue with Trust ...and trusting the moderators is probably a very hard thing to do.
Céline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 04:21 PM   #59
NeedForSpeed
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 32
Default Re: The Good, The Bad & The Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchor View Post
If what you say was true, there would be many more banned people.
That wasn't an opinion, it was a fact. All everybody here needs to do is to click on the search option on the top of the forum and search in order to see the moderators in action.

Disruption = say something that I disagree with

Well, claiming that Obama has orbs of light around him, like David Wilcock did, or that he is enlightened and has a divine mission is ok, but questioning those things is not.
NeedForSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 04:24 PM   #60
Céline
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,285
Default Re: The Good, The Bad & The Banned

Again...this is a lack of trust issue...IMO

i can see where you are coming from...

but i also understand the Moderators point of view.
Céline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 05:00 PM   #61
Kulapops
Avalon Senior Member
 
Kulapops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Torbay, UK
Posts: 704
Default Re: The Good, The Bad & The Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANCOSO View Post
Anyway, 2 of my Avalon friends (2 out of 6, mind you...) were banned.
lol... I know how you feel. Back along I also had 2 out of my 6 friends banned... One was Izz... remember her anyone? Can't remember the other ! oops. But I remember thinking... I don't have a very good strike rate do I ?

I think she was unfairly goaded by other members and she reacted strongly. Some people are fiercely independent. Some of the bannings I've witnessed do seem to involve line crossing. (they must all involve one forum transgression or another) It is sad to see them go.. I didn't know Francie Jones particularly well, nor do I understand the circumstances of her leaving, nor do I want to dig that up. But it is shocking when people you feel an affinity for seem to fall foul of the rules.

In the end, the moderators are volunteers, and I'm pretty confident that the one's we have do an amazing and thankless almost unwinnable task.

So , though we are left to wonder at people's passing, perhaps its up to us, seeing as this forum was set up to foster communities, to get the details of the one's we love, then we can always contact them after.

K
Kulapops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 10:22 PM   #62
TRANCOSO
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Amsterdam
Posts: 964
Default Re: The Good, The Bad & The Banned

This quote is from the thread:Why is Kinsuemei2 banned?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol View Post
I've been reading his posts and see nothing that would justify this action. He has a right to his opinion and sharing his story is what folks do here.
This would fuel the need for a 'Banned' sector, where one can see who are why banned.
TRANCOSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 10:23 PM   #63
Céline
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,285
Default Re: The Good, The Bad & The Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANCOSO View Post
Thread: Why is Kinsuemei2 banned?

This would fuel the need for a 'Banned' sector, where one can see who are why banned.
Great Idea..
Céline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 10:30 PM   #64
Carol
Project Avalon Hero
 
Carol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Big Island, Hawaii
Posts: 2,008
Default Re: The Good, The Bad & The Banned

I only saw Anchor and Gareth on when this happened and no mods.

It is my understanding when I was moderator that when a member is banned this is to be a collective decision. Karen came on my thread about Kinsuemei2 Banned and appeared to have no clue as to what happened. So I also have a concern about the possibility of a few becoming overly controlling. I also didn't agree with Franciejones being banned either. All she did was share an unsolicited email from Bill on the forum and that is no reason to ban either as Bill never got an agreement from her ahead of sending his email not to share it.
__________________
Aloha, thank you, do jeh, toda, arigato, merci, grazie, salamat po, gracias, tack, sukria, danke schoen, kiitos, dank u, mahalo nui loa
Images to nourish the spirit: http://mistsofavalon.invisionplus.ne...&showtopic=198
Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 10:36 PM   #65
TRANCOSO
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Amsterdam
Posts: 964
Default Re: The Good, The Bad & The Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANCOSO View Post
This quote is from the thread:Why is Kinsuemei2 banned?
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol View Post
I've been reading his posts and see nothing that would justify this action. He has a right to his opinion and sharing his story is what folks do here.
This would fuel the need for a 'Banned' sector, where one can see who are why banned.
What I understand from other posts in that thread, some moderators weren't even informed the guy was gonna be banned!
TRANCOSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 10:41 PM   #66
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posts: 2,280
Default Re: The Good, The Bad & The Banned

Kinsuemei2 was banned at the express request of Bill Ryan. I don't know any more than that at this time.

Carol is correct, this is not how things are done usually. I will follow this up.

A..
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 10:42 PM   #67
TRANCOSO
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Amsterdam
Posts: 964
Default Re: The Good, The Bad & The Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol View Post
I only saw Anchor and Gareth on when this happened and no mods.

It is my understanding when I was moderator that when a member is banned this is to be a collective decision. Karen came on my thread about Kinsuemei2 Banned and appeared to have no clue as to what happened. So I also have a concern about the possibility of a few becoming overly controlling. I also didn't agree with Franciejones being banned either. All she did was share an unsolicited email from Bill on the forum and that is no reason to ban either as Bill never got an agreement from her ahead of sending his email not to share it.
Just saw your post after I submitted my reply, Carol.
Anyway, it means that someone can be banned because it suits 1 moderator.
TRANCOSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 10:43 PM   #68
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posts: 2,280
Default Re: The Good, The Bad & The Banned

You cannot see all the moderators who are online.

I choose to remain visible, not all moderators do.
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 10:47 PM   #69
mntruthseeker
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,482
Default Re: The Good, The Bad & The Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol View Post
I only saw Anchor and Gareth on when this happened and no mods.

It is my understanding when I was moderator that when a member is banned this is to be a collective decision. Karen came on my thread about Kinsuemei2 Banned and appeared to have no clue as to what happened. So I also have a concern about the possibility of a few becoming overly controlling. I also didn't agree with Franciejones being banned either. All she did was share an unsolicited email from Bill on the forum and that is no reason to ban either as Bill never got an agreement from her ahead of sending his email not to share it.
OMG FrancieJones was banned too..............This is crazy

She was a strong headed person that had some very good views even if we always didnt agree. So we really do have someone playing God on this forum and it is rather SAD

Freedom is not about shutting someone down that disagrees with your views.
mntruthseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 10:55 PM   #70
Carol
Project Avalon Hero
 
Carol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Big Island, Hawaii
Posts: 2,008
Default Re: The Good, The Bad & The Banned

Folks need to understand that both Kerry and Bill can ban any member and the Admins will follow through on this. There is no discussion or consensus.

Anchor, I truly appreciate your identifying what happened. I know David Wilcox is a friend of B&K but would not think Bill would want Kinsuemei2 banned because of his opinion regarding DW. However, Bill really does not like bad language on the forum. Could this be the reason for his decision?

And is this just a time out or permanent?
__________________
Aloha, thank you, do jeh, toda, arigato, merci, grazie, salamat po, gracias, tack, sukria, danke schoen, kiitos, dank u, mahalo nui loa
Images to nourish the spirit: http://mistsofavalon.invisionplus.ne...&showtopic=198
Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 11:05 PM   #71
TRANCOSO
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Amsterdam
Posts: 964
Default Re: The Good, The Bad & The Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANCOSO View Post
This would fuel the need for a 'Banned' sector, where one can see who are why banned.
A 'Banned Section' would also have an 'example function'.
TRANCOSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 11:12 PM   #72
Bill Ryan
Project Avalon Co Founder
 
Bill Ryan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 353
Default Re: The Good, The Bad & The Banned

Hi, Everyone:

Sorry to have to do this. It was my call, and I take full responsibility.

Kinsuemei2 was also masquerading as "Heather Anderson" who was a non-existent person. Kinsuemei and "Heather" had both e-mailed Camelot with literally near-unbelievable stories written in a very similar style. There were all kinds of problems with the information.

Four days ago, Eleni was contacted by Kinsuemei stating that "Heather" had been killed in a traffic accident. All my red flags went up and I did an IP cross-check on the e-mails we had received at Camelot.

I should have done this earlier. It's a wrap, I'm afraid. The IP address on separate e-mails from Kinsuemei and from Heather was identical: 67.132.69.188.

[Image removed re: Bill Ryan request]

We found just now that it was also shared on the forum by Kinsuemei2, HeatherJJAnderson, Kane944, and KilaSolai.

I appreciated many of Kinsuemei's posts on the forum. But I have zero sympathy or tolerance for hoaxers. The real super-soldiers wasted time and energy examining "Heather's" story (Kudos to Duncan O'Finioan, btw: he decided right at the start that it was bogus). To post this kind of invention is a real slap in the face to the real-deal folk. I wrote to Kinsuemei that he does not deserve the time of day from any one of these very fine people.

So if anyone knowingly hoaxes information and it comes to my attention, it's a permanent ban. If I decide it's proved beyond any doubt, I'll make the call immediately and will take full responsibility. There's enough wild information circulating which makes the jobs of researchers much harder... having an internal saboteur does not help the world be a better place.

Expect criticism from Kinsuemei, by the way... please ignore it. We have to learn, and move on.

With best wishes to all, Bill

Last edited by Karen; 02-17-2010 at 02:57 AM. Reason: Bill Ryan request - remove screen shot
Bill Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 11:13 PM   #73
Karen
Project Avalon Organizer
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NE Oregon boondocks, USA
Posts: 1,767
Default Re: The Good, The Bad & The Banned

People are jumping to conclusions that are not true. On the other thread, I asked for people to wait for the gathering of more information.
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 11:16 PM   #74
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posts: 2,280
Default Re: The Good, The Bad & The Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol View Post
Folks need to understand that both Kerry and Bill can ban any member and the Admins will follow through on this. There is no discussion or consensus.

Anchor, I truly appreciate your identifying what happened. I know David Wilcox is a friend of B&K but would not think Bill would want Kinsuemei2 banned because of his opinion regarding DW. However, Bill really does not like bad language on the forum. Could this be the reason for his decision?

And is this just a time out or permanent?
I don't know, and I don't want to speculate. I do know that it is being talked about right now but owing to my present circumstance, I can't join in.

I will therefore be patient.

A..


Update: Oh FFS! - - it looks like I spoke to soon

Last edited by Anchor; 02-07-2010 at 11:19 PM. Reason: Updated with new data ;)
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 11:28 PM   #75
Céline
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,285
Default Re: The Good, The Bad & The Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchor View Post
You cannot see all the moderators who are online.

I choose to remain visible, not all moderators do.
Ok...but if there are NO moderators on..would it be appropriate that mods stay invisible?
Céline is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Project Avalon