Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Old 11-15-2008, 08:54 AM   #1
recallone
Avalon Senior Member

Default Crazy?

A friend of mine recently forwarded a video to me. It's called Sneakyville.
Please take a few minutes to watch it (it's only 2:29 long) - then come back to this thread. I'll wait...

You probably had a similar reaction as the one I did. Spot on, right?

Don't know who it is? I didn't either. Here's another link for the same speech, but this one shows you who was actually talking.

This piqued my curiosity. Big time. A lot of effort has been made to make this man appear a certain way. I'm seeing the complete opposite.
Consistently.
Check this one out.
Or this one.
recallone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 10:22 AM   #2
boptah
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Crazy?

wow. great post .i ve been enlightened
boptah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 03:19 PM   #3
sebring1963
Avalon Senior Member

actions speak louder than words
sebring1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 03:23 PM   #4
Jenny
Project Avalon Member

Moved thread to Camelot General where it belongs.

Jenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 02:46 AM   #5
recallone
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebring1963 View Post
actions speak louder than words
They sure do. But tell me something - Were you there? Do you know anything about this case as fact? Or do you know what the rest of the world knows - exactly what the media has told them to think. I don't know that he's innocent of the charges they've brought to him. All I know is what I've seen.
And what I've seen in the interviews doesn't mesh with the diabolical master-mind they've painted him to be. He's uneducated, institutionalized...but somehow he's managed to figure something out that most of the world hasn't...that time is an illusion and that NOW is all there is, that everything is connected - and that ultimately, we are all responsible for all of us. I have a hard time thinking that a mind like that is responsible for the murders they've claimed he's responsible for. Guilty for presenting a truth to people who weren't ready for it? Possibly.

I'm not committed one way or another to it - its just very interesting. I was curious to see if the enlightened minds of Avalon would succumb to the media machine, or if they'd listen with their hearts to the words of a man instead of to the popular opinion, as laid out by the media.

With 168 views and only 3 replies, I believe I have my answer. Nobody wants to say anything good about someone our society has made out to be so bad because they're worried about what people will think of them. I'm not. I don't care about anyone's opinion of me - so I'm free to explore things otherwise considered decided by the society at large.

I wish all peace. Even Charlie Manson.
recallone
Old 11-16-2008, 02:57 AM   #6
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Great minds are fully capable of deadly deeds!
Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 03:18 AM   #7
Banned

With the obvious exceptions of the race war and mind control, it's suprising the stuff that Charles Manson has said that makes a lot of sense.

The man's a total loon, but a very intelligent one...
371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 03:54 AM   #8
conjuredUp
Avalon Senior Member

Crazy is as crazy does.
Love is as love does.

We are what we think we are.
conjuredUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 04:00 AM   #9
sebring1963
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantheman62 View Post

• Charles Manson
  • Jack da Ripper
  • Adolph Hitler
  • Rev. Jim Jones
  • Marshall Applewhite, Heaven's Gate
Charlie's just has extra time to read more...

Last edited by sebring1963; 11-16-2008 at 04:07 AM.
Old 11-16-2008, 05:35 AM   #10
recallone
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebring1963 View Post
  • Charles Manson
  • Jack da Ripper
  • Adolph Hitler
  • Rev. Jim Jones
  • Marshall Applewhite, Heaven's Gate
Charlie's just has extra time to read more...
If you'd have actually listened to the interviews, you'd know that he's not much of a reader.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantheman62 View Post
The worst of us, is found in every one of us. The best of us, is also found in every one of us.

Question: Is hearing the truth in the words of Charles Manson any more deplorable than recognizing the truth about UFOs? Or conspiracy theories? 9/11? This is a challenge to think outside of the box of right and wrong.

When do the emperor's clothes finally get recognized for what they are? Just as soon as you stop worrying about what other people think about your observations.

Programming is limitation. Opinion doesn't matter. Belief ("I'll just stick that in my left hand pocket for later" - Charles Manson from the Snyder interview) is limiting. There are so many little gems in these interviews that went right over the heads of the journalists interviewing him. See if you can find them without the bias of what the media has told you to think of him. Listen to them from a completely objective perspective and see what you really think. Not what the puppet masters told you to think.

Peace.

Last edited by recallone; 11-16-2008 at 05:27 PM.
Old 11-16-2008, 05:36 AM   #11
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

HaHa great group there sebring1963, I was going to say Adolf Hitler but thought nah.
Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 05:39 AM   #12
recallone
Avalon Senior Member

"Look down at me and you'll see a fool. Look up at me and you'll see your god. Look straight at me and you'll see yourself." - Charles Manson
Old 11-16-2008, 07:32 AM   #13
raulduke
Avalon Senior Member

I've always wondered what Manson was going for w/ the swatsika in the third eye position. Of course, my first thought was that he's just trying to get a rise from people w/ something outrageous for attention, but after i learned what the symbol originally represented I had to wonder if that's some sort of message.
Although i guess his race war Helter Skelter stuff is pretty reminiscent of nazis.
raulduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 01:02 PM   #14
Jenny
Project Avalon Member

I will move this thread back to Avalon.
Thanks Recallone.

Jenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 01:59 PM   #15
Mike_Jetson
Avalon Senior Member

Sounds like somebody who would fit in nicely with the enlightened folk we listen to now.

Ive never learned anything at all about Charles Manson and have never put any time into it, probably a minority of people who have no idea what he was about. In fact I was vaguely under the impression he was a dude in prison for being a serial killer and thats as far as it went but im very curious now. I cant see how anyone can serve life in prison for conspiracy to murder anyway without actually taking part on the murder.

Status Ineligible for parole until 2012
Mike_Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 02:22 PM   #16
sebring1963
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by recallone View Post
If you'd have actually listened to the interviews, you'd know that he's not much of a reader.

actually i heard enough to know... I'd heard it all before...
I don't need to drink his kool-aid,
no matter how sweet he makes it
but I appreciate your remote listening skills,
determining in your statement, what I listen to and what I don't,
it's understandable being so enamored with Manson words,
negating the status he has achieved,
while choosing not to acknowledge those I listed
or discernment of the facts

Although the evidence at the trial shows that Charles Manson was the leader of the conspiracy to commit these murders,
there is no evidence that he actually personally killed any of the seven victims in this case.
However, the joint responsibility rule of conspiracy makes him guilty of all seven murders.

Because the murders were not only terribly brutal and savage (169 stab wounds for both nights of murder,
seven gunshot wounds), but appeared to be so random and with no discernible or conventional motive like robbery or
burglary, they induced a lot of fear throughout Los Angeles, particularly in Beverly Hills and Bel Air.

As to the significance of the murders,
at a minimum they were a reaffirmation of the verity that
whenever people turn over their minds to a dictatorial figure,
the potential for this kind of madness exists.

http://investigation.discovery.com/i...le-manson.html

Last edited by sebring1963; 11-16-2008 at 05:59 PM.
Old 11-16-2008, 05:38 PM   #17
micjer
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Jetson View Post
Sounds like somebody who would fit in nicely with the enlightened folk we listen to now.

Ive never learned anything at all about Charles Manson and have never put any time into it, probably a minority of people who have no idea what he was about. In fact I was vaguely under the impression he was a dude in prison for being a serial killer and thats as far as it went but im very curious now. I cant see how anyone can serve life in prison for conspiracy to murder anyway without actually taking part on the murder.

Status Ineligible for parole until 2012
Same here.

I am sure if he is innocent he will make parole!
micjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 06:18 PM   #18
Deoxyan

great speech to say the least.
Old 11-16-2008, 06:23 PM   #19
sunshineseastar
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by micjer View Post

I am sure if he is innocent he will make parole!
ha ha.....this brother was clearly locked up to be shut up.....most likely they did terrible things to him when he was in the hole to try to fragment his mind.....classic case....
kinda like when people get banned for saying what they think.....carefull if you start waking to meny people you will be silenced !!!!

Last edited by sunshineseastar; 11-16-2008 at 07:23 PM.
sunshineseastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 07:17 PM   #20
Circlewerk
Avalon Senior Member

Interesting.
Recallone says he is "not committed one way or another," and Sebring comes back at him with "It's understandable why you are so enamored with Manson."

Journalist background, Sebring?

People are told what to think, not how to think.
The result? A follower.
I think Recallone was offering an opportunity to see HOW we think, if we are capable of detaching long enough from WHAT we think, to see that we're conditioned with beliefs that may or may not hold water.

I wasn't there, so I cannot say for certain that this is all fact.
I have not been to prison, so I don't know an institutionalized perspective.
Yet I do know what it is to influence others, and to be influenced. I do know what it is to intentionally hurt someone, and to be intentionally hurt by someone.
No judgment either way, from me.

My unconditional observation is that Manson doesn't need to be paroled, he's already free.

The interviews, if viewed from an objective, neutral position, can pose the question, " Who are the truly imprisoned? "
I don't know that the average hypnotized mind even caught that, it isn't easy to do so, while immersed in conditioned beliefs.

I wonder if people feel some sort of psychological vulnerability when they contemplate being without belief.
As if they must adhere to one way of thinking or another, in order to feel as if they are in control, or have a valid position in this life due to falsely identifying with an opinion that was influenced upon them..

It appears that people feel they have to choose a side that is offered, followed by a sort of unconscious righteousness in their choosing, even though they have only actually bought into the game.

Thank you Recallone, for bringing an interesting social experiment to the table.
Circlewerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 01:23 AM   #21
sebring1963
Avalon Senior Member

my bad "you" should be "so many are"