Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 10-03-2008, 01:59 AM   #1
eyesintheskies888

Default give me some intelectual ammo for convicing others

Just wanted to get some input on everyones best argument for convincing others to prepare for the worst in this country. Whether it be economic reasons or otherwise. Please let me know. Anything quick and to the point that I can verify.Thanks. Keep looking up.
Old 10-03-2008, 02:02 AM   #2
bosr
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: give me some intelectual ammo for convicing others

Good luck.

My experience has been that most people don't care until they are directly affected.

Just keep pushing short printouts of alternative news under their collective noses and hope for the best.
bosr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 02:03 AM   #3
Alysse
Avalon Senior Member

Location: SoCal - Magic Mountain/Mystery Mesa -1,500 above sea level

It's better to be safe than sorry - what would hurt to buy some extra can goods and water, just like you would for a hurricane or earthquake. Canned soup, fruit and beans are cheap enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyesintheskies888 View Post
Just wanted to get some input on everyones best argument for convincing others to prepare for the worst in this country. Whether it be economic reasons or otherwise. Please let me know. Anything quick and to the point that I can verify.Thanks. Keep looking up.
Alysse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 02:11 AM   #4
bosr
Avalon Senior Member

I should add that in my day job I visit with a lot of people and notice that most of them have a general sense or concern that something is about to happen. So make suggestions when appropriate.
bosr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 02:12 AM   #5
Gaia
Avalon Senior Member

That's all you can do bosr, that's all you can do... Some people ask the questions not really wanting to know the answers.

LOVE LOVE
Gaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 02:22 AM   #6
Nate

"Convincing"? Its best to engage in a intelligent conversation/debate sharing ideas, thoughts, opinions, etc. so that you are able to arrive at your conclusion on the matter rather than to pointing fingers and telling people what they should/should not believe. Remember, no one has all the answers. Just like you may not believe everything that I believe and I might not believe everything that you believe. Instead of trying to convince eachother what the other person believes is right or the "truth", we would engage in a responsible conversation/debate and share with one another why we came to that conclusion.

"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it ?" --Albert Einstein
Old 10-03-2008, 02:35 AM   #7
doodah
Avalon Senior Member

Just tell 'em to take a look around at all that's going on TODAY, think ahead a little bit, and use some common sense, which actually isn't all that common anymore. Tell them to ask their grandparents. Older people know a little more about these things.
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 02:40 AM   #8
eyesintheskies888

thanks for all the posts so far. what I am really looking for are some good talking points. Some specific things to throw out that will make people think alternatively. something to make them open their eyes.
Old 10-03-2008, 02:43 AM   #9
777 The Great Work
Avalon Senior Member

when you have a hidden agenda, the numbers symbols and colors have to be displayed in extensive repetiton because symbols go into the right brain which is where we are spiritually connected. This use of symbols will bring about the desired results( law of attraction and electromagnetism). It IS freaking witchcraft.

When we understand their language their moves become predictable. The Matrix has been reloaded, next theres' the Matrix revolution. Its when we ask the questions that others think are mundane, is when we get the most profound answers.
THE TRICS OF THE ELECT OR FOR KIDS ELECTRIC AND I AM TIRED OF BEING TRICKED

OBAMA IS THE SCORPION KING

Last edited by 777 The Great Work; 11-06-2008 at 09:25 PM.
777 The Great Work is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 02:50 AM   #10
ghglenn
Avalon Senior Member

I just had a friend recently ask, "Do you know what the all-seeing eye is ?" Something he had heard from a guy at work... Well, I almost passed out!!! After about three hours and a few "beverages" ...he now has been educated. At this point in the game, it seems almost futile. I have such a sense of urgency... I would suggest dropping tidbits of info and see what kind of reaction you get. If it is positive, pursue it further. If not, I would seek those that are receptive, and let go those that aren't. Perhaps you can be there for them when it all falls apart.
ghglenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 02:50 AM   #11
historycircus

I can tell you, it is not easy. One wants to scream from the rooftops that something is not right, yet, who would listen? Who yell some obscenity and threaten to call the cops? Most would.

I tried, and failed, when I became aware, to convince others. I think my old man was like that too - all too willing to point out as ******** that which people don't have a problem shoving in thier mouths. I tend to think that when people say we are all connected, they are right. Because no matter who you talk to - the Hindus and Christians, the right or the left - they all feel it too. They all define it differently, of course, because they are trying to make it conform to how they define "reality." Awareness and awakening is very personal, and sometimes water-cooler disclosure is too much for one to take. I know this sounds lame, but its them, not you. As is true all over the world and right here on Avalon, intellectual arguments mean nothing when confronting belief.

I have no advice. Just don't think you are alone in your frustration in not being able to get people to talk about what they FEEL to be true.
Old 10-03-2008, 03:03 AM   #12
Baggywrinkle

If you like being ostracized share it with anyone who
will listen.

But the time for convincing anyone is past. It's like arguing
over tomorrows weather report. Just say your piece and
move on.

They'll see the tsunami on the horizon soon enough. It isn't
your fault if they see it too late. That includes family btw.

When the time comes to move if they won't budge be
prepared to kiss them goodbye.....

That is just the way it is.
Old 10-03-2008, 04:34 AM   #13
Brinty
Avalon Senior Member

As I read these posts I think of the expression "too blind to see and too deaf to hear." I guess that people will believe what they want to believe. Those who are open to input won't need a lot of convincing while those who aren't open to input probably aren't worth your efforts trying to educate them. If their own guardian angel thinks that they are ready to handle the situation, they will cause them to listen and accept your knowledge.

A bit like another expression -"You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink." When your friends or family are capable and ready to accept your information, they will listen.

Have faith, be sincere and above all, have unconditional love - after all, we will all meet again in the spiritual world where we will be together with our loved ones till our next journey through Earth's trials and tribulations. It's this knowledge of eternal life that allows me to not fear death. I've done it before, I can do it again.

Peace and love to all,
Brinty
Brinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 04:36 AM   #14
Carrie Todd
Avalon Senior Member

I understand entirely. Although my family appears to think I'm crazy now, I have tried, and continue to do so. Fortunately, my family is fairly conservative and have lived miles from the nearest town long enough that they are prepared to whether most storms.

At the very least, I've found a good argument in encouraging people to stock up on food and gas regardless of the reasoning. These things are going to continue to increase in price and people don't have to agree to "why". If the "s" hits the fan, they'll at least be fed.
Carrie Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 05:23 AM   #15
Luigis Mushroom
Avalon Senior Member

It's important not to believe you have all the right answers. Some people live in a bubble, but telling them doomsday is around the corner won't help. Everybody has access to the same sources, most people just deny what's going on.
Luigis Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 08:44 PM   #16
tom
Avalon Senior Member

Ask them if they believe in the soul/spirit,if they do,well chances are they will listen to you,and if they dont then perhaps it would be best to leave it, they might think you are a NUT!!!and secretly arrange to have you locked up,.If you stop posting then we will have a idea whats happened,I have tried this with my friends,but they just give me srtange looks,it is best in my experience to speak only to like minded people.
tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 09:31 PM   #17
Jnana
Avalon Senior Member

In my opinion, the important part of awakening is not becoming aware of coming earth changes. It's the spiritual awakening - becoming aware of the greater universe out there and the kinds of beings we really are. From there, one can begin to seek the truth about worldly matters - just how many things we are all constantly lied to about - which is just about everything.

I think many people are scared silly deep inside but are in active denial. It's almost like talking to an addict. An intellectual approach just doesn't get you very far. If you can find some one who is ready to start seeking answers but doesn't know where to look you may have better luck.
Jnana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 09:54 PM   #18
AndyH
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyesintheskies888 View Post
Alex Jones for all his yelling etc does have a very good website or two or three...full of links to mainstream media articles that people cannot deny.

For example-
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/1559151.stm

Start simple, show them the money scam, the whole political muppet farce, use only credible news items and well known people who have come out with truth like David Bellamy for example.

I have a "scrapbook" of these articles and always only show it when the conversation turns the way of "the dark side" or "nutters stuff". I have watched many a person squirm when they see it....they then tell me I obviously "photoshopped" the news, LOL!!
AndyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 10:34 PM   #19
Magamud
Avalon Senior Member

Get them to investigate tangible stuff.

Start with Alex Jones www.infowars.com

Alan Watt www.cuttingthroughthematrix.com is very good explaining how the rich formed foundations that fund non governmental organizations which form policy to politicians. All areas of life have been corrupted, education, science, biology, nutrition. All this is documented in the books the rich have written. This will loosen them up with thinking our govt system is a democracy, how badly the manipulation is and that we actually have choice.

Look into Depleted Uranium and the use of nuclear energy. LEUREN MORET explains in very good detail how they have poisend the earth and change our dna. This will loosen the grip of scientist that they know nuclear energy is safe and the militarys grip that they are moral.

Aspartme and fluoride. This will loosen the grip that the FDA and EPA are looking out for our best interest.

Foreign Policy by the USA. A great video is what ive learned about the us foreign policy. This will loosen the grips that we come in peace but develop the truth that we infiltrate, murder and destroy culture

The century of self is a good video on how propaganda really works. Edward Bernays and all the big boys back then using mind control to shape our minds and culture. This will loosen the grip of mainstrain propaganda programming. You must get rid of your tv to really loosen the effects.

Research MK Ultra and the CIA and project paperclip and how our top psychiatrists like Emerson were the presidents of psychiatric foundations influencing the practice of psychiatry. This will hopefully exhibit the depth of pathology running our system.

Money Masters is a good video. It will loosen the bind that our money system is good and capitalistic. When that could be farthest from the truth.

Learn about psychopaths. There is an infestation of them and they cannot feel. The system breeds them and they are usually the ones on top of the corporate ladder because that is where they fit in.

Thats some stuff off the top of my head. I would personally stay away from any estoeric stuff for now because it can be lost in translation and is hard to define. You will get there eventually when you realize you are in a matrix.

Good luck and Godspeed soilder.

Last edited by Magamud; 11-06-2008 at 10:45 PM.
Magamud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 11:17 PM   #20
Banned

I've found that you have to relate it to the individual- most people I come across couldn't care less about 'the world'. If something affects them, that's when they suddenly give a hoot. It unfortunate but it's what I've seen.

I've also noticed that there are certain key words that if people hear too soon they often automatically shut off and won't hear another word of it.

A short list of these key words include: conspiracy, NWO, aliens, abduction, 2012, and UFO.

I guess you'd have to look at it as an indoctrination like a cult or sneaky political agenda would- ease them into it before you hit them with the hard stuff.

I like the idea of this thread and look forward to more posts.
371 is offline   Reply With Quote