Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 12-16-2009, 04:02 PM   #1
Aztar
Avalon Senior Member

Default Bring back payed subscriptions

Ok here is a thought, could we bring back payed subscription.

I have viewed this Forum for about 2 years (guesstimate) but since I have never payed to chat online (which I have been doing since the days of IRC MIRC to be exact) I never signed up, just enjoyed the information.

Project Avalon I would pay for, no doubt in my mind now.

The energy has radically changed and I mean radically as in falling from 30,000 feet and both parachutes have failed.

Not even sure what you all payed before but if it was $5 bucks a month I'd pay $10 a month just to get it back to an even flow.

This Question is for original members who existed while the pay subscription, how do you feel about this?
Aztar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 04:11 PM   #2
100thmonkey
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Bring back payed subscriptions

I was a member before the pay thing, and was starting to find my feet and learn what the rest of the spiritual community is like out there, until we got cut off. Even the OM forum doesn't compare.

I am very happy to be able to share some of the things I've posted recently. Yes there have been some big negativities happening, but even through that I've tried posting some positive stuff in my own threads.

It has been personal and joyous for me to be back. I would be sad if I got cut off again because of other people's problems.
100thmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 04:12 PM   #3
GaiaLove
Avalon Administrator

GaiaLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 04:12 PM   #4
Leunamros
Project Avalon Member

i dont think is a good idea, i dont get the money, haha. But somehow i think like monkey.
Leunamros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 04:13 PM   #5
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

soon everything will be back to normal... just my gut feeling...do not worry...no subscription needed...

Last edited by burgundia; 12-16-2009 at 04:21 PM.
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 04:19 PM   #6
iainl140285
Avalon Senior Member

Its a double edged sword.

On the one hand we would no doubt loose many of the new members who are just starting up who ACTUALLY have something usefull to contribute.

On the other edge, we may get the forum back to some sort of productivity with usefull topics being discussed rather than everyones time and effort being spent on blatant disruptive members who have not shown they have a tiny shred of interest in presenting a subject or making usefull comments on existing threads.

Unless the diseases are chopped off at the root (at the very least reigned in!!) and in due course, then I see no option but to go back.

The forum does not exist as it once did
iainl140285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 04:22 PM   #7
Leunamros
Project Avalon Member

if anyone here spends his time on "blatant disruptive members", it´s their fault, what the heck. They feed the trolling like gasoline for the fire. They contribute to the problem in a larger scale when giving that big protagonism to those "disruptive members", who feed on their "be right, be nice", that, the times when they are just openly ridiculing the troll, enjoying that in the process... , we have a lot to learn from our actions yet.
Leunamros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 04:26 PM   #8
joe2288
Avalon Senior Member

I will agree something must be done. We have seen how one member can shake

up the entire Avalon community. Something has to be done period.
joe2288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 04:49 PM   #9
lightnoise
Avalon Senior Member

i only joined yesterday because it is now free - i cant afford to pay monthly fees - i hope i can bring some new positive energy into the equation, its very easy to get angry towards these negative apsects(wich is exactly what they want), but somehow you have to try & rise above this & it's alot easier said than done, i still get very angry everytime i watch the lies(i mean news) im working on this at the moment & trying to diffuse it by just laughing instead & thinking that these people dont know any better sadly.
lightnoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 04:59 PM   #10
Majorion
Avalon Senior Member

Somebody just made a wonderful suggestion in another thread...

If there are any particularly disruptive members or anyone annoying... you just go to their profile and add them to the ignore list.

I don't think its a good idea to close the forum off again with subscription, sure there will be some negative people every now and then, but thats natural with every forum, and the mods here will take care of it anyway.

Peace
Majorion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 05:11 PM   #11
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member

Both methods have their pros and con-artists! Seriously...either way it's a challenge and a mental exercise. Perhaps Avalon should have a paid-members section...and an open-season section! Or perhaps three sections: 1. Paid access only - no participation or viewing unless you are a paid member in good and regular standing. 2. The paid forum we have had for the past year. 3. The non-paid open-season forum we presently have. Each model has it's advantages and disadvantages...but the current model is the most chaotic...and requires the thickest skin.

The paid forum must have generated $40K-$50K over the past year. Is this funding no longer required? Has there been an infusion of capital? Actually...it's probably none of my business. In any case...for better or for worse...the Forbidden Knowledge Genie has been let out of the bottle...and a variety of formats will be required to manage this Rebellious Genie! The Alphabet Agents and Jesuits must be very busy people (and ET's?) these days! I feel as though the next few years are going to be crazy...but that things will mellow out after that. But what the heck do I know?

Namaste

Last edited by orthodoxymoron; 12-16-2009 at 05:21 PM.
orthodoxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 05:17 PM   #12
axman
Avalon Senior Member

Thumbs up
axman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 05:20 PM   #13
tone3jaguar
Avalon Senior Member

Thats right, the ignore list is the key.

Where there less riff raff before the forum came back off of subscription?

Yes

Was the forum at times almost completely dead and boring to use when on subcription?

Yes
tone3jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 05:43 PM   #14
futureyes
Avalon Senior Member

we are creatures of habit ... our nature is to sometimes shy from change ...

of benefit is not to run from change ... but to meet with it ...

change is opportunity ... for us to step up and say this is what we want to see to happen ...

change opens doors which were once closed ...

change can be a discomfort upon its transitionary period ... sometimes feeling itchy and scratchy ...

to continously claim it is so ... and not offer anything more ... does not move this world forward ...

to make changes which are of benefit to all ... involves some work ... and to take responsibility ...

oh how we have shyed from taking responsibility over time ...

at this juncture ... it is time to retrieve that of which we have given up so freely ... our power ...

take it back ... become responsible for what is and how we want life to be ...

this is where it begins ... right here ... if something feels to continuously be against the grain of our intiution ...

then let's change it ... this needs to happen ...

let's all offer what we know ... let's all listen up ... and as a whole ... as union ... let's figure out how to move forward ...

let's not go backwards for that has been ... new doors must now be open ...

and together ... let's walk through ...

if something isn't working ... is it of more benefit to continue stating it is broken ... or do we fix it ...

i say we fix it ... i say we welcome change for the opportunities it brings with it ...

we speak of the new paradigm ... indeed it is meant to be so ...

but how to move in this direction ... can only be so ... as one ...

no longer is it about separation ... that is of the old ...

unity is of the new ... we are now given the opportunity to figure out how to come together ... and move forward ...

this is it ... it starts right here ...

allowing little energy to what does not resonate withinn us ... at times the fluff and the drama ... keep and build on what does spark truth within ...

we must learn this now ... it is time ... believe we are the forerunners of our future ... because we are ...

let's not run from change ... there is a reason for everything ...

let's realize ... we are the change ...

we always have been ...

futureyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 05:57 PM   #15
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

welcome back, to the 'real' world

it is time to prepare ourselves !!!

LOVE is, the highest eXpression of truth

when everyone lives in integrity !!!

it does change !!!

THE BIGGEST TROUBLE with this site
is this,

would i dare to say it ???

would anyone listen ???

it's time to get your heads,
out of 4th/5th/and, 6th - at best,
a high astral HARVEST !!!

love/susan
the eXchanger

who is about to kill

THE WE ARE HERE !!!

(AND, Isn't this ironic 3208 = 13)

we have the 13 keys !!!
and, we know it !!!
and, it works !!!

WE ARE WAY BEYOND...THE HIDDEN HAND

YOU ALL HERE,
REALLY NEED A MAJOR WAKEUP CALL !!!

THE PAST, does NOT, and, i repeat
DOES NOT EQUAL, THE FUTURE
THE eXchanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 06:52 PM   #16
HAL 9000
Avalon Senior Member

I started paying attention to Bill and Kerry due to free information, and was a bit dissapointed when saw forums are pay2post. This is the way it should be done.
HAL 9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 07:33 PM   #17
metaw3
Avalon Senior Member

What's great about paying is that most people who enjoy being disruptive forum members usually enjoy it as long as it's free. They don't have to question the value of what they're doing. As soon as money is involved, the disruptive member is forced to evaluate the value of his investment and to realize it's not worth it. If the disruptive behavior was subconscious, money forces him to become aware of it and that's the last thing he wants to become aware of.
metaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 08:03 PM   #18
Mark
Avalon Senior Member

I joined this forum from almost its start - when it was free - but had to drop out when the subscription came into being. Even though I still visited this site a few times a day, there was no way that I could have paid a subscription due to my circumstances.

I was so pleased when I read the announcement that Avalon was reverting back to a free forum - I never wanted it to change in the beginning - this just seemed like the wrong thing to do - to make it a pay site - because we are all looking for a new way of living, loving and being, and money just seemed the wrong way to be going.

Negativity, for a time, will always seep through and dribble on the pages of this forum - as it does on most forums - we just have to be strong and not rise to the bait put before us - after all, we are all trying to be better beings aren't we? Not always an easy thing to so - but still we need to try.

One day egos will go, one day negativity will be covered in light, one day this will all change, so lets make this one day today...

Last edited by Mark; 12-16-2009 at 08:07 PM.
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 08:11 PM   #19
m1*
Banned

I was a fully paid member and I was classed as the world biggest troll when I was posting last. I stopped posting because the majority consensus club didn't want me around -- so I said "cya". I'm still not posting. I've just popped in to help a banned members cause (just another guy who has fallen victim to the mob). I thought I'd add my 2 cents to this thread.
m1* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 09:16 PM   #20
Carmen
Avalon Senior Member

It has been interesting for me observing this forum since it became 'free' again. I now realize what longterm members mean when they talked about the 'chaos' before subscription.

To give my two cents worth on this, I think the forum should stay open. I think the moderators are doing a good job and I think the advice from other members as to how to respond or not respond is good advice.

What I have been getting lately is that it is the time of 'testing'!! Of how much or how little it takes for us to 'lose it'!! emotionally. Can we "be" the calm in the midst of the 'storm' and keep our integrity, keep our centre? Unless we are 'tested', we don't even know that ourselves! We may 'think' we know, but until something happens that tests our limits we don't know.

We have to decide ourselves, make our own choice, whether to 'be' part of the solution, or part of the problem. Whenever we lower our vibrations to argue, we feed the negativity for it to continue. This opening of the forum, to me, is timely. It is the time of choice, of which path we choose to 'be'. We have the ability to transcend and transmute the quality of the vibrations here on this forum.

Love

Carmen
Carmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 09:22 PM   #21
tacodog
Avalon Senior Member

Smile Re: Bring back payed subscriptions

Ignore and move on
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majorion View Post
Somebody just made a wonderful suggestion in another thread...

If there are any particularly disruptive members or anyone annoying... you just go to their profile and add them to the ignore list.

I don't think its a good idea to close the forum off again with subscription, sure there will be some negative people every now and then, but thats natural with every forum, and the mods here will take care of it anyway.

Peace
tacodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 10:07 PM   #22
Brinty
Avalon Senior Member

A forum has at least three aspects:

1. A place for you to input information.
2. A place where you can gain information.
3. A place to discuss different opinions.

It is a fact of life that if you are searching for anything of value, you have to sort through an overabundance of useless material. Some of which may drive you into a rage. It is unfortunate that many people post without thinking of others - they have an opinion and want the whole world to know it. Sadly for them, it is of no consequence to the world at large, whether (for argument’s sake) the north pole is at the top of the world, or the bottom. By convention it is usually portrayed as being at the top but who really gives a @#%$^? Then there are others who have a wealth of useful and interesting information to input, but are put off by the nonsense that is found in some posts.
What we have to get used to is a bit like sifting through ten tons of river sand to find a nugget of gold. It is going to be hard work, but if you find just one nugget, you will feel it was all worth the effort. Unfortunately, as we are all only too well aware, we don’t live in a perfect world - you don’t pick up gold nuggets on the footpath - particularly on the footpath that everybody else is using.
So, be daring, take a deep breath and start sifting through the nonsense. Be on the lookout for that one little flash of gold, it could change your entire future.
Oh, and have a happy festive season one and all.
Brinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 10:14 PM   #23
Aztar
Avalon Senior Member

Thank you for all your replies

We will see how it all shakes out.

One day Nasruddin repaired tiles on the roof of his house. While Nasruddin was working on the roof, a stranger knocked the door.
- "What do you want?" Nasruddin shouted out.
- "Come down, replied stranger So I can tell it."
Nasruddin unwilling and slowly climbed down the ladder.
- "Well!" replied Nasruddin, "what was the important thing?"
- "Could you give little money to this poor old man?" begged the stranger.
Tired Nasruddin started to climb up the ladder and said,
- "Follow me up to the roof."
When both Nasruddin and beggar were upside, on the roof, Nasruddin said,
- "The answer is no!"
Aztar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 10:26 PM   #24
morguana
Project Avalon Moderator

Thumbs up Re: Bring back payed subscriptions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinty View Post
A forum has at least three aspects:

1. A place for you to input information.
2. A place where you can gain information.
3. A place to discuss different opinions.

It is a fact of life that if you are searching for anything of value, you have to sort through an overabundance of useless material. Some of which may drive you into a rage. It is unfortunate that many people post without thinking of others - they have an opinion and want the whole world to know it. Sadly for them, it is of no consequence to the world at large, whether (for argument’s sake) the north pole is at the top of the world, or the bottom. By convention it is usually portrayed as being at the top but who really gives a @#%$^? Then there are others who have a wealth of useful and interesting information to input, but are put off by the nonsense that is found in some posts.
What we have to get used to is a bit like sifting through ten tons of river sand to find a nugget of gold. It is going to be hard work, but if you find just one nugget, you will feel it was all worth the effort. Unfortunately, as we are all only too well aware, we don’t live in a perfect world - you don’t pick up gold nuggets on the footpath - particularly on the footpath that everybody else is using.
So, be daring, take a deep breath and start sifting through the nonsense. Be on the lookout for that one little flash of gold, it could change your entire future.
Oh, and have a happy festive season one and all.
brinty, i so love it when your on a roll
fab post and very wise words
love
bou x

the way is not in the sky, the way is in the heart

forum guidlines

Avalon Chat
morguana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 11:42 PM   #25
Brinty
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boudicca View Post
brinty, i so love it when your on a roll
fab post and very wise words
love
bou x
Aw shucks bou (Brinty bows head in embarrassment, and with hands behind back, scuffs dirt with big toe of right foot and YOWW!! disturbs a colony of bull-dog ants.)
Brinty is offline   Reply With Quote