Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 01-19-2010, 08:56 PM   #1
TheRebel
Avalon Senior Member

Default "Avatar" pulled from 1628 Chinese movie screens

China Film Group, unexpectedly began pulling the blockbuster science-fiction picture from 1,628 2-D screens this week in favor of a biography of the ancient philosopher Confucius. According to the Hong Kong newspaper Apple Daily, the switch was made at the urging of propaganda officials who are concerned that "Avatar" is taking too much market share from Chinese films and drawing unwanted attention to the sensitive issue of forced evictions...

This move coincides with the recently conspired controversy in mainstream media that after watching "Avatar", people are feeling suicidal...and Vatican has also criticized this movie about showing deep connection between "Mother Nature" and her Children.....

I have also watched "Avatar" and i did not feel suicidal; rather i felt like i recalled my deep connection between myself and nature..the deep expressed love, which is pure and candid...And I think this movie's earning and growing popularity speaking itself about its acceptance among us!! I really feel now that "We all are divine, we have just forgotten that"....

http://www.thenewstribune.com/aphead...y/1034148.html
TheRebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 08:59 PM   #2
Spregovori

Default Re: "Avatar" pulled from 1628 Chinese movie screens

the Chinese government is also afraid that people in china might relate (in many ways) to the Navi....they are (people in china) , for example, being forcibly relocated in the favor of capital etc...

it is not "good" to promote freedom in a communist country
Old 01-19-2010, 09:05 PM   #3
Ravencalls
Avalon Senior Member

you mean those people (...in the government) dont want their slaves to see to much of the "TRUTH"..

I personally think the IDEA for that movie.. comes from top secret info. that someone is letting out.
Ravencalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 10:10 PM   #4
Céline
Avalon Senior Member

China, is filled with slaves...some obvious...others not...

Who will help them??

*celine cries *
Céline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 03:33 AM   #5
Machforce1
Avalon Senior Member

As someone said in the other Avatar thread, TPTB are terrified of the shift in awareness that this movie has started.
Machforce1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 03:40 AM   #6
WinterWolf
Avalon Senior Member

It is rather amazing how this movie is awakening people to what has always been obvious to me.

I applaud James Cameron for making this movie. It took many years for it to come to fruition but here it is at last.

I hear there may be a sequel to Avatar in the works. I don't know how true that is.

Winter Wolf
WinterWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 08:32 AM   #7
Floyd
Retired Avalon Member

The Chinese would ban underpants if they could. I enjoyed the film very much but more than anything else, it was the notion of fusing humans with non humans that I found the most interesting aspect of the film. And lets face it...who is remotely interested in what the vatican say?
Floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 09:12 AM   #8
Neo
Avalon Senior Member

Funny that the core of the plot is almost identical to 'Dances with wolves' Odd that no one was kicking and screaming over that.

Either way I loved it
Neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 09:35 AM   #9
Connecting with Sauce
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
'Dances with wolves'
Yeah but lets face it "Dancing with wolves" wasn't in 3D, loads of action/explosions or loads of CGI

I liked both movies TBH
Connecting with Sauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 10:17 AM   #10
swordsmith
Unsubscribed

Who would have thought James Cameron would come up with something so powerful it needs banning and the disapproval of the pope?

My feelings why Dances with Wolves never had the same wide reaching effect are several, one just the timing in terms of human consciousness (or the lack of,) and the other being the fact that a historical human victim brings up too many feelings of guilt and discomfort so people repress the message.

Many people in this life may well have been the perpetrators of that or any other genocide and can not face the horror within themselves.

Cameron was very clever bringing a fresh face/culture to the age old story, and cleverer still not to make them look like any ubiquitous ETs.

It's all getting very interesting, and I must admit I never expected the power of Holywood to be used for such ends.
swordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 02:00 PM   #11
SteveX
Avalon Senior Member

Without the special effects, to distract the viewer, the film was little more than a mixture of Dances with wolves and Toy story. Infact I would go so far as to say it was quite dull but for the manable flying beasties.

Very few, if any, urbanites will get anything from the "mother earth" ethos. The majority would, if they looked at it as anything other than entertainment, empathies with Native Americans and or consequences of aggressive expansionism…. Kids will love it though.
SteveX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 06:08 PM   #12
Instead
Avalon Senior Member

China and the Vatican are hiding unobtainium.
Instead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 06:48 PM   #13
illuminate
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd View Post
The Chinese would ban underpants if they could.
oh that's funny, thx for the laff!

~ one love ~
illuminate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 06:50 PM   #14
swordsmith
Unsubscribed

Steve x, I can relate to your cynical reply, but why not open your eyes and see this film IS having a postitve awakening effect, whether your critical nature likes it or not ? I'm all for it and yet I'm a part time curmudgeon .

Go where the juice is.
swordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 07:48 PM   #15
ElvenMyst
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Instead View Post
China and the Vatican are hiding unobtainium.

and what better place to hide it than the Vatican library.....
ElvenMyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 10:00 PM   #16
Machforce1
Avalon Senior Member

"Without the special effects, to distract the viewer, the film was little more than a mixture of Dances with wolves and Toy story. Infact I would go so far as to say it was quite dull but for the manable flying beasties."

I highly doubt that sir. The film would not be approaching the $2 BILLION dollar mark if this were the case. Special effects have absolutely nothing to do with the deep shift in awareness that this movie is causing.
Machforce1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 12:51 AM   #17
PilotSimone
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machforce1 View Post
"Without the special effects, to distract the viewer, the film was little more than a mixture of Dances with wolves and Toy story. Infact I would go so far as to say it was quite dull but for the manable flying beasties."

I highly doubt that sir. The film would not be approaching the $2 BILLION dollar mark if this were the case. Special effects have absolutely nothing to do with the deep shift in awareness that this movie is causing.
I highly doubt it as well.

Dull?
PilotSimone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 03:40 AM   #18
WinterWolf
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveX View Post
Without the special effects, to distract the viewer, the film was little more than a mixture of Dances with wolves and Toy story. Infact I would go so far as to say it was quite dull but for the manable flying beasties.

Very few, if any, urbanites will get anything from the "mother earth" ethos. The majority would, if they looked at it as anything other than entertainment, empathies with Native Americans and or consequences of aggressive expansionism…. Kids will love it though.
Were you and I watching the same movie?

There may have been similarities with Dances with Wolves and Pocahontas but what movie out there that doesn't have something in common with another movie?

I found the movie quite enthralling and the message was quite clear. In fact after seeing the movie I concluded that a fair number of people who got the message would either be moved by it, be disturbed by it or dislike it for the very fact that it makes corporations and a number of humans to be greedy and hateful.

Young children may not understand the theme of the movie or the message but some can be rather discerning.

I'm sorry you found the movie to be dull. I for one found it fascinating.

Winter Wolf
WinterWolf is offline   Reply With Quote