Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Economy and Currency

Notices

Old 10-10-2008, 12:34 PM   #1
Jacqui D
Avalon Senior Member

Default Gold fever.

It seems George Greens testimony of buying gold and silver is taking a storm in Britain today.

The Daily Mail a British newspaper dated 0ct 10th 2008 is running a story of gold fever!
Little old ladies with their carrier bags and gentlemen carrying anything which they can hold full that is, are flocking to London in their droves to buy gold.
ATS Bullion nestled between the Savoy Hotel, just off the strand has never seen so many customers, the last rush was in the eighties but a staff member admitted even then there were never so near as many who are coming here today.
Queues are forming outside all wishing to buy as much as they come with the inevitability of paper money and coinage being worthless in the coming months and years ahead.
All were determined to make sure their nest eggs didn't get swallowed up in the credit crunch- by cashing in shaky savings accounts and parlous funds they are turning them into that most reassuringly durable commidity;solid gold.
They were clamouring for sovereigns and crowns or mobile phone shaped bars-anything made from the alluring yellow stuff!
But with the run on gold approaching stampede proportions,some disappointed customers left with empty bags.
In the real world of plunging share prices and broken banks, the major gold suppliers are unable to keep pace with the demand.
"I have never seen a market like this in my 33-year career", says Jeremy Charles, chairman of the London Bullion Market Association.
"The gold refineries cannot produce enough bars."
For many London dealers such as ATS, it means that, for the first time in many years, supplies of some standard bullion products have simply ran out.

A gentleman who is due to retire next month said;

"I don't want my my savings to disappear, so i did some reseach on the internet and decided to invest in gold".
Perhaps he has been visiting Project camelot and watched the George Green interview.

When thousands of families fear their cash savings are no longer safe- even stashed under the mattress- it seems that this very extraordinary gold rush has quite some way to run.
Good luck to those who can get it! for me i sadly don't have the means to beable to such a thing.
There will be some, selling there jewellery! just to buy products that are more important; like putting food on the table and paying our extortionate fuel bills.
Jacqui D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 12:56 PM   #2
quest
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Gold fever.

what i've heard about the old gold-rush stories; not the people looking for gold, but the ones selling the shoves became rich.
quest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 12:56 PM   #3
Mike_Jetson
Avalon Senior Member

Sounds like the people selling gold have good reason to keep these stories going.
Mike_Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 01:00 PM   #4
quest
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Jetson View Post
Sounds like the people selling gold have good reason to keep these stories going.
yep, i've noticed a suspicious quantity of gold-ads on some alternative media sites.
quest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 01:06 PM   #5
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

People in Poland are buying gold and silver too (including jewellery).
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 01:06 PM   #6
Jacqui D
Avalon Senior Member

Sadly i have neither gold or any decent jewelry to sell, i think i will be bartering for what i will need in the future.
Well unless i win the lottery this week lol!

But if i do folks we could all meet up and i will by you all a drink. hey probably cost my lotto win but who cares lol!
Never had it before so i wouldn't miss it!!
Jacqui D is offline   Reply With Quote