Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 11-04-2008, 05:51 AM   #1
droid56
Avalon Senior Member

Default Why is technology way ahead of everything else?

It's amazing how fast technology has progressed. I know you know what I am talking about.

But I don't understand why other aspects of our global society are progressing at a snail's pace. Wars, third world poverty, corruption in political and economic arenas. These things are still quite shameful.

Is it just that many humans are naturally negative, or is it possible that evil forces are leading us in this direction?

I think that people are ready to move in a positive direction, but humans and non-humans are doing everything they can to prevent this from happening.

What do you think?
droid56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 05:55 AM   #2
Deoxyan

Default Re: Why is technology way ahead of everything else?

you can accept human nature is not what you expected.

You can accept also you have choosed a better path than the average human. Wich makes, indeed, a difference.
Old 11-04-2008, 07:27 AM   #3
raulduke
Avalon Senior Member

I think that we might be being prepped to accept technology as our savior.

We already have to varying degrees. How many times have you heard someone say (myself included) "I couldn't live w/o my (some piece of technology)"?

What comes after technology is accepted as the answer to all of our problems, I simply don't know, but I am certainly worried.

The new zeitgeist addendum has eluded to all of our problems as being no match for technology, and that they can be simply addresed and "solved" so to speak using technology.

It also addresse the idea of turning current society on it's head and to begining to focus on people rather than profits, which is the good part. But imo this film is a mixed message, w/ dire consequences if not scrutinized thoroughly.

Logisticly speaking, it may be the case that technology can solve our problems, but imo we could become spiritually devoid or damaged as a result.
raulduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 07:34 AM   #4
dataeast
Avalon Senior Member

The underlying monetary system is corrupt, where the flow of technology, resources and money can only move in one direction--from the base up--so you would expect that technology would be amassed with those who are aligned or are predisposed to that system. In this system, poverty, war and corruption are integral, so it should be expected and not be a surprise. What we are seeing is the outcome.
dataeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 09:06 AM   #5
Tuza

Because we sometimes have more intellect than common sense.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:40 AM   #6
2infinityandbeyond
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuza View Post
Because we sometimes have more intellect than common sense.
Theres nothing inteligent about advancing technology 1000 times faster then spirituality.

If there was then we would have succesfully established a civilisation at this stage.
2infinityandbeyond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 09:47 AM   #7
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by droid56 View Post
What do you think?
It is deliberate. Brains, that for most don't work properly because they are fed on killer diets, are being baffled and distracted by wondrous magic of hi-tech.

Just look at mobile phones. I despair when I see parents ignoring their kids, yet are happy to hold a meaningless conversation with their "friends"

Raulduke said "I think that we might be being prepped to accept technology as our savior."

That sounds right to me.

However, I think we can catch up spiritually quite fast. For those that do, the powers you pick up along the way make this "tech" look like silly toys.

A..
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 09:54 AM   #8
Genevieve
Avalon Senior Member

Just my 2 cents worth on technology. I DO think it has its uses - especially if we westerners would like to maintain some semblance of our minimal level of comfort.

But something i would like to share here. My grandfather was born in 1902 and passed in 1998 after a much lived life. Born in Scotland and emigrating to Australia with his family when he was a teenager (after his father already spent a year over here to "test the waters")

Anyway a man of his era obviously saw technology soar thru the roof!! From horse and cart to cars (buggies - he liked to call them!! lol) Phones, planes televisions, then mobile phones internet ...etc etc

I asked him not long before he died what HE thought was the biggest change he had seen in his life and what HE thought was the most significant - and I was utterly amazed at his reply.

"After WWII - it seemed like everyone had a job"!!!!

Point being all the technology in the world doesnt allow you to feed your family.
Genevieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 10:41 AM   #9
Steve_A
Project Avalon Moderator

Hi droid56,

I'm about to say something that might suprise you. I think technology hit a plateau a long time ago! I don't think technology has progressed that much, not over the last hundred and fifty years or so.

Back in the good old days, in the late 1800's and early 1900's there were huge advances in technology and ideas. But since then, technologically speaking, little as happened that is really new.

Of course back then the new technologies, or inventions, made a huge impact on society, and changed society to think as it does today, with the invention of the steam engine and internal combustion engine, machines, electricity, even the humble typewriter. But most of the 'new' inventions of today are mostly based on the 'new' technology that existed back then. So a motor car of today could be faster, more economical and more comfortable than a Model T Ford, but it's still a motor car. The technology as been refined.

Electronical gadgets are being created, but once again, bringing together already formed ideas and inventions, so your cell phone may have this, that and the other, but those other things already exist. The cell phone has just been refined. However you cannot ignore that the cell phone has to a certain point revolutionized the way we comunicate.

I think new sciences are to be admired, like seeing how genes work and how our DNA forms etc. That is the toughest part of advancing. Understanding the principles of how things work. Once we understand that we can break them down and create something new, but original.

Some of the most important inventions to come forward produced on a commercial scale has to be alternative fuels based on new rules of physics. Finding out ways to create energy that does not harm the environment, but apparently more importantly, the pockets of the actual fuel producing companies.

Scientists are still learning how time travel works and finding things much smaller than an atom (when I was a kid in school my teacher asked me what was smaller than an atom. I replied, half an atom!).

I think that if we look at civilization, sure technology seems to only have tangibly appeared over the last 200 years, but within that blip of activity, we seemed to have advanced not that much.

Best regards,

Steve

Quote:
It's amazing how fast technology has progressed. I know you know what I am talking about.

But I don't understand why other aspects of our global society are progressing at a snail's pace. Wars, third world poverty, corruption in political and economic arenas. These things are still quite shameful.

Is it just that many humans are naturally negative, or is it possible that evil forces are leading us in this direction?

I think that people are ready to move in a positive direction, but humans and non-humans are doing everything they can to prevent this from happening.

What do you think?

Last edited by Steve_A; 11-04-2008 at 11:20 AM.
Steve_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 11:15 AM   #10
SpaceMonkey
Avalon Senior Member

because this is how the elites have designed the system. Poverty, wars, famine all exist for a reason, to keep the peasants in line. However they are sitting on back engineered alien technology which is far beyond anything else and we will probably never see.
SpaceMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 11:44 AM   #11
blastawaycas
Avalon Senior Member

DO YOU NOT THINK THAT THIS IS THE PLAN RUSH FORWARD TECHNOLOGY MAKE EVERYONE RELIENT UPON IT THIS LAPTOP I AM WRITING ON T.V. X BOXES PLAYSTATION ANYTHING THAT MAKES MONEY AND LIFE EASIER MOBILE PHONES SAT NAV.............. EVERYTHING............. THEN RIP IT FROM UNDER THERE FEET.......WATCH WHAT HAPPENS....

MY KIDS ARE AMAZED I CAN BAKE BREAD MAKE PIES ECT; THAT IT DOES'NT HAVE TO BE PRE PACKED OR FROZEN

AMAZED I CAN REPAIR THE MOST COMPLICATED AND COMPLEX JOB ON A CAR

CAN WORK OUT MATHS WITHOUT A CALCULATOR

FIND MY WAY AROUND WITHOUT SAT NAV

THATS WHY TECHNOLOGY IS WAY AHEAD

TO ENSLAVE YOU!!!!

TO IMPRISON AND DUMB YOU DOWN

AND TAKE YOUR MONEY ... MAKE YOU MORE INDEBTED
blastawaycas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 12:09 PM   #12
Genevieve
Avalon Senior Member

Still on this same train of thought - the apparent widening gap between the so called advance of "technology" and the lack of advance of "spirituality".

For a long time - if not forever - science has set itself apart from spiritual matters or anything that presumed "faith" as an underlying starting point. It wanted to explain life and all that we know to exist and "bind" it to rigid laws of mathematics. I believe this CAN be done eventually but only when we really know WHAT we are trying to measure!! lol

Can a blind man envision the concept of distance - or a deaf man the sound of a bird???

Religion ALSO imposes its rigid laws opposing ANY need or exploration of the desire to know any of the whys or wherefores of our very existence other than to explain it away as "this is what was "TOLD" to us by God.

I think science in its effort to be totally alienated from anything non-tangible has actually done itself a disservice.

Science, in trying to explain the physical world we live in and Spirituality, in trying to explain the non-measurable forces we all feel - have in effect become polarities - each going off on a tangent without realising that both are inherently one and the same thing.

We may appear to be more technologically advanced than ever before but i doubt very much whether that has any direct influence on our ability to be better human beings.

I love hearing things like Roger Penrose trying to explain the existence of the soul via quantum physics or Nassim Haramein's explanation of the universe to actually SHOW a reason for gravity!!! Great stuff. There is hope for us yet.

Eventually science and faith will realise they are both searching the same existential question and both are right.

In the meantime there will ALWAYS be spiritually aware, loving beautiful souls on this planet regardless of the society they were born in and there will also be very technologically advanced societies with no more or less wonderful people living within them.
Genevieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 12:15 PM   #13
minimeister
Avalon Senior Member

I've always thought this is an interesting philosophical point. For me the real issue is the balance of technical understanding in relation to spiritual. The Vedas did a great job of pointing this out. To paraphrase, to receive knowledge without having invested the time to learn it for yourself is a curse upon yourself and those around you. Technology represents this idea as you have masses of people using devices that they have no understanding of. This manifests today as pollution, greed and a few other societal ills.

I've heard an interesting story about Einstein and his Unified Field Theory that's relative (pun intended) to this point. The story goes that after the world took his ideas on nuclear energy and turned it into a destructive weapon he felt betrayed and promised himself to never give away and more of his ideas without some sort of test for moral responsibility. He then devised a scoring system to measure the collective spiritual wisdom of humanity and set a score that would have to be achieved in order for potentially destructive knowledge to be released. He surmised that humanity was still woefully inept when it comes to moral responsibility and thus decided to leave his greatest work (unified field theory) officially incomplete. In reality he supposedly did discover the great secrets of the universe he was after and upon doing so realized it could never go beyond him. So he let the greatest scientific achievement in all human history remain unknown to the people at large because of what we would have done to each other.

This is the same rationale behind much of the 'occult' knowledge down through history being shown only to the initiated. The point of initiation was specifically to ensure that a proper level of spiritual/moral awareness was present before potentially harmful knowledge was revealed. Nowadays we live in the age of Aquarius where all veils are removed. The body of universal knowledge is now open to any that seek. Any abuses of said knowledge will still result in proportional karmic whiplash. Ready or not, here we go.
minimeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 12:38 PM   #14
Gale
Banned

Quote:
Hold on one minute.
This is the same argument but reworded. All that is wrong with this world, with society, events that happen every day that are negative is not of our (human) doing.
We humans are not the bad guys here. So people stop blaming our human race for everything. Grant it there are some humans for whatever misguided reasons do participate in negative activities with the real bad guys. So please get your cops and robbers straight before making blanket statements to our entire human race.

Quote:
because this is how the elites have designed the system. Poverty, wars, famine all exist for a reason
I agree, the PTB keep the populace struggling to survive each day, to provide for their families, it keeps them occupied and side tracked from the real issues.
Gale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 12:47 PM   #15
norman
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
It's amazing how fast technology has progressed. I know you know what I am talking about.......

........What do you think?

Thought 1)

If an alien race came here and decided to take over but keep some of us as useful helpers, what trick would they use to do it? How about GIVE(?) us some fancy technology that we would use to centralise and automate our global society? It is rumoured that semi conductor technology came from ETs. If that is true, then that is good reason to believe we are being taken over and not in a nice way.

Thought 2)

Technology, in a crude sense, is EFFORT+(TECHNOLOGY?)=PERCEIVED GAIN. Using one stone to smash another stone is using 'technology'. We've probably always had it in some form or other. Technology is an 'amplifier' of our effort.

What I find absolutely fascinating about the current state of technology is that it is no longer just an amplifier. It has in many ways now become an oscillator. An oscillator is an amplifier with part of the output fed back into the input creating a self perpetuating loop which 'rings' at the resonant frequency of the complete circuit.

The more automated our society becomes the more I notice these oscillations. I sense that the people who are trying to control us are actually orchestrating the oscillations while 'we' are just trying to use the amplifier aspect of the technology.

Ultimately, an oscillator no longer needs an external input at all. It will stop listening to us altogether. The only input it will require will be a power supply. That's our greatest defence if want to prevent a 'runaway' feedback loop. disconnect the power supply.

my 2 thoughts.
norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 02:22 PM   #16
Magamud
Avalon Senior Member

Its called a Technocracy! We give away our power and right to choice to experts who call themselves scientists. The new God technology. Alan Watt speaks alot on this and cuts right through the bulll sheeet!
www.cuttingthroughthematrix.com

Good Luck
Magamud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 06:35 PM   #17
goody8504
Avalon Senior Member

it's very simple. the goal was never to end wars, poverty, famine, etc. the name of the game has always been control. technology, for various reasons, only makes it easier for those who sit at the top of the pyramid to control us.

humans are not innately negative, though they are easily manipulated when they are consistently lied to from birth. advances in technology is another thing to distract the average person from searching for answers. for instance, with the invention of cell phones, people can be distracted every second of the day. as long as they have their cell phones they don't need to worry about the problems they would otherwise recognize.

so, advancing technology would benefit the PTB, whereas ending world poverty or war would be a huge setup for these people.
goody8504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 06:39 PM   #18
Heretic
Avalon Senior Member

times are a changing
Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 01:39 AM   #19
tom
Avalon Senior Member

Technology is the only way of this rock.And most if not all of it is et technology,think about it how did we progress so quickly?Once the good et started ridding the planet of renegade et and take away their power it will allow us to move forward at last,Time to awaken everyone to the big reality shock.
tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 04:16 AM   #20
777 The Great Work
Avalon Senior Member

Technology are the foot prints of our dormant natural state.
Power without ethics is the reason it seem that one is more advanced then the other.

When our ethics rise to a certain level of maturity, there will be no need for technology. We will recieve our rightful inheritance.

777 The Great Work is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 04:29 AM   #21
herbivore
Avalon Senior Member

i'm afraid it's very obvious that this technology boom is either thanks to the ETs contributions to our military and government, or their gnireenigne. (lol)

"it took man over a million years to progress from using stones as he found them to the realization that they could be chipped and flaked to better purpose. it then took another 500,000 years before neanderthal man mastered the concept of the stone tools, and a further 50,000 years before crops were cultivated and metallurgy was discovered. hence, by all scales of evolutionary reckoning, we should still be as far removed from any basic understanding of mathematics, engineering or science - but here we are, only 7,000 later, landing probes on mars..."
herbivore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 04:56 AM   #22
Reunite
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceMonkey View Post
because this is how the elites have designed the system. Poverty, wars, famine all exist for a reason, to keep the peasants in line. However they are sitting on back engineered alien technology which is far beyond anything else and we will probably never see.
Totally agree. I think the question should be why is technology way behind everything else. How do you think they build the pyramids over 2000 years ago? Time travel and the Looking glass for eg are supressed alien technologies that existed for thousands of years. Then you have the highly advance train systems in deep underground bases that travel in phenomin speeds. How about anti-gravity and free energy technology that is suppressed to all the blinded scientists. People like Stan Deyo and Bob Lazar confirm this.

I could only imagine how far advance the technology was on Atlantis.
Reunite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 05:38 AM   #23
herbivore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reunite View Post
Totally agree. I think the question should be why is technology way behind everything else. How do you think they build the pyramids over 2000 years ago? Time travel and the Looking glass for eg are supressed alien technologies that existed for thousands of years. Then you have the highly advance train systems in deep underground bases that travel in phenomin speeds. How about anti-gravity and free energy technology that is suppressed to all the blinded scientists. People like Stan Deyo and Bob Lazar confirm this.

I could only imagine how far advance the technology was on Atlantis.
i too think ancient civilizations had our level of technology, if not more. but they seemed to live simpler lives than us, which leads me to believe they had already found their enlightenment. they knew how to balance good and evil, nature and man, technology and nature, and many more things much better than we do today. in this line of thinking, it really makes you wonder about how time works...we are generally in a position that they undoubtedly were in at sometime before they awakened...one could argue that we are their ancestors (and they ours?) , riding space-time on it's circular track.

they could be here, right now, in the room you are, ...sitting next to you?

wow i haven't given this much thought but i will now that i have a taste!
herbivore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 10:02 AM   #24
capreycorn
Avalon Senior Member

capreycorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 03:01 PM   #25
Heretic
Avalon Senior Member

hey

I want one of those antigrav platforms!

whoooosh
Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote