Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Health / Alternative Medicine

Notices

Old 11-09-2008, 01:03 PM   #1
Magamud
Avalon Senior Member

Default Fibroid tumors and Endomitriousis in women

Howdy,
I am recently starting to realize the enourmous problem this is just within my own experience and have come across numerous women with this problem. Is this an epedemic? I know of 15 cases right now and the stats would be 50% of the women I come into contact with. Anyone with similar problems?

Thanks.
Magamud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 02:49 PM   #2
Harper
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Fibroid tumors and Endomitriousis in women

magamud,

On friday I asked the administrators to open a sub-forum or sub-section for women as I believe that we are the first to see terrible changes happening to our bodies. It is understood by many that women will have a tougher and tougher time in the next 20 years with reproduction etc... I thought it would be a good idea to have a place where women would be able to discuss intimate subjects and not have all the men fainting. If you wanted to second my request or make one yourself then we may be able to have a page.

I dont know the answer to your question but I know people around me are having terrible problems as womens health is never high on the agenda I would appreciate a place to find the answers to your questions.

If we could gather the info ourselves we might get a clearer picture of whats happening especially as we have women from all over the world here to do some investigating. What do you think?
Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 03:06 PM   #3
Jenny
Project Avalon Member

On a subforum for women to discuss women's stuff I agree it would be e good thing.

Jenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 03:39 PM   #4
Harper
Avalon Senior Member

Great Jenny,

could you help us ask the right person, I wrote to the webmaster but that may not have been the right person.

thanking you

g
Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 03:44 PM   #5
Jenny
Project Avalon Member

I will ask for it....rest assured.

Jenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 07:08 PM   #6
Magamud
Avalon Senior Member

I second it. This issue is alarming and is underground due to its sensitive nature. Infertility in men and women are decreasing. It seems the public stats I found are old and not specific.

Stats from wrongdiagnosis.com
Prevalance of Endometriosis: 10 to 20 percent of American women of childbearing age have endometriosis (NIDCD); up to 2 million women in the UK.
Prevalance Rate: approx 1 in 20 or 5.00% or 13.6 million people in USA [about data]

National Institute of Child Health & Human Development, 2003.
• At least 5.5 million women in North America alone have endometriosis.
• About 35 percent to 50 percent of women with endometriosis are infertile, making it one of the top three causes for female infertility.
• Current estimates place the number of women with endometriosis between 2 percent and 10 percent of women of reproductive age. But, it's important to note that these are only estimates, and that such statistics can vary widely.
Magamud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 12:45 PM   #7
Oneworld719
Avalon Senior Member

Just a thought Ladies: I have watched this increase for the last 20 years and upon reading your posts what popped into my head is the increased use of tampons and douches. I began to have problems 20 years ago and I stopped using tampons, guess what ... the problem went away. I've also noticed the increase of scented products. Hummmmm now I'm not saying this is the cause of the issue, but I believe it is something to look at, perhaps?
Just a thought...
Namasta
Oneworld719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 12:47 PM   #8
Tuza

Taking HRT also increases those problems and others as well. If you can try alternatives for HRT - natural ones.
Old 11-30-2008, 03:13 PM   #9
Josefine
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Fibroid tumors and Endometriousis in women

I do not agree that this issue belongs in a sub-forum for women. It affects many males as well, as husbands and partners, as families, as employers, as health personell, as medical doctors.

My Story

I will tell my story. Some years ago I had myoms, as those fibroid tumors in the uterus are called. It resulted in heavy menstrual periods, low ferretin (iron) count, many days of not functioning well. I had an excellent gynecologist that I trusted. His advice was to choose a hysterectomy, a piece of advice he did not give routinely to his patients, as many American doctors do by default. His advice was based on the size of my uterus. He said the final decision was mine though, and that the problem would diminish and go away after menopause.

I chose not to have a hysterectomy. I was following my intuition, but I was also informed further by an article written by a female gynecologist that came my way just at the right time. She said that the uterus performs important functions after menopause as well, and went into great detail discussing these functions.

After reading this thread some weeks ago, I made an Internet search and came up with a highly informative link, but since I cannot locate it today I will share what I do remember, and add the link later.

The doctor in question recommends keeping your uterus if you are given an informed choice. He recommends

*) cutting down on coffee, as it contains DDT in appreciable amounts

*) eliminating dairy

*) avoiding oestrogen supplementation, including HRT and birth control pills. Oestrogen makes your uterus grow no matter what your age.

*) increasing greens in your diet

All for now, but there is more in the link.

By keeping your uterus you keep the benefits of natural hormones that keep us healthy, that are produced by the uterus after menopause.

You do not need as many regular check-ups with a doctor as those having undergone a hysterectomy. You do not need to buy HRT.

Your sex-life may be more pleasurable, as uterine contractions adds to the pleasure in orgasms.

On a spiritual level I consulted a seer who is able to answer questions.
I asked why such a high percentage of women, 30 % suffer trememdously from heavy periods in their 30s, 40s, 50s. The answer was that femininity is downgraded in our culture.

Interesting answer, but what could it mean? I think it might mean that women are viewed as good customers by the medical profession and the pharmaceutical industry. I think they like to keep it this way, and that they do not give us advice that result in us buying fewer of their services and their products.

I will come back with more info and links.

J

Last edited by Josefine; 11-30-2008 at 03:37 PM. Reason: spelling
Josefine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 05:41 AM   #10
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

I think that a subforum for womens issues would be a good idea and again, many of us know women in our lives who may be affected by health issues like the ones mentioned above,everyday.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 09:07 AM   #11
Bonnie
Avalon Senior Member

Hello all

I found this article about endometriosis that covers the basics like what it is, symptoms as well as natural and conventional medical treatment. The one other thing this article mentions is that "in addition to the physical factors there is a clear connection between endometriosis and unresolved emotional issues." This same article has a link that goes a little further into discussing the correlation between emotional experiences and diseases. I am no expert, but think it is important to not only look at the theoretical physical causes of endometriosis, but also at how negative emotions help to develop this conditon. Here is the article: http://www.womentowomen.com/hysterec...metriosis.aspx
Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 10:57 AM   #12
elsinorelore
Avalon Senior Member

Hi All! I wish I could say where I read it, but I read that caffein is a major culpret here. Like Josefine said earlier. I will try to back track my info, and pass it on when I do find it. Thanks for this thread, great idea!!!
elsinorelore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 11:18 AM   #13
m3yn86d
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine View Post
I do not agree that this issue belongs in a sub-forum for women. It affects many males as well, as husbands and partners, as families, as employers, as health personell, as medical doctors.

My Story

I will tell my story. Some years ago I had myoms, as those fibroid tumors in the uterus are called. It resulted in heavy menstrual periods, low ferretin (iron) count, many days of not functioning well. I had an excellent gynecologist that I trusted. His advice was to choose a hysterectomy, a piece of advice he did not give routinely to his patients, as many American doctors do by default. His advice was based on the size of my uterus. He said the final decision was mine though, and that the problem would diminish and go away after menopause.

I chose not to have a hysterectomy. I was following my intuition, but I was also informed further by an article written by a female gynecologist that came my way just at the right time. She said that the uterus performs important functions after menopause as well, and went into great detail discussing these functions.

After reading this thread some weeks ago, I made an Internet search and came up with a highly informative link, but since I cannot locate it today I will share what I do remember, and add the link later.

The doctor in question recommends keeping your uterus if you are given an informed choice. He recommends

*) cutting down on coffee, as it contains DDT in appreciable amounts

*) eliminating dairy

*) avoiding oestrogen supplementation, including HRT and birth control pills. Oestrogen makes your uterus grow no matter what your age.

*) increasing greens in your diet

All for now, but there is more in the link.

By keeping your uterus you keep the benefits of natural hormones that keep us healthy, that are produced by the uterus after menopause.

You do not need as many regular check-ups with a doctor as those having undergone a hysterectomy. You do not need to buy HRT.

Your sex-life may be more pleasurable, as uterine contractions adds to the pleasure in orgasms.

On a spiritual level I consulted a seer who is able to answer questions.
I asked why such a high percentage of women, 30 % suffer trememdously from heavy periods in their 30s, 40s, 50s. The answer was that femininity is downgraded in our culture.

Interesting answer, but what could it mean? I think it might mean that women are viewed as good customers by the medical profession and the pharmaceutical industry. I think they like to keep it this way, and that they do not give us advice that result in us buying fewer of their services and their products.

I will come back with more info and links.

J
I am so glad this has come up as I was diagnosed 3yrs ago and have recently signed papers to have the 'sack of potatoes' removed. I have tried all sorts of alternatives which have only made them bigger. recently started MMS and wanted to know whether anyone with fibroids have experienced any changes???

As for the spiritual aspect, I think there is more than the downgrading of women going on. I also had some spiritual info come my way,this was that I would always have fibroids. So this led me to think the logical thing to do would be to have the operation.
A recent report I read stated that the negative oestrgens are in everything around us. In household cleaning products, cling film, most plastics and this includes what holds your drinking water and contains all food you eat. It is in perfumes and deoderants etc, reducing the level of fertility in both men and women, hence the need to keep this open to both sexes, doctors, alternative healers etc. Over the years I have stopped all dairy, stopped eating meat, only take molases as a natural sugar which also contains a very high iron content rather than iron tablets that constipate. They have only got bigger. Most invasive treatments will take them away but they only come back. Some women have also found that instead of menapause helping to reduce them, they have stayed the same or got worse due to the level of oestrogen around us. Due to the impending op Iwas told to take decapeptyl trimestral which would stop me bleading for 6 months and reduce the size of them and within which time the op would have happened. All I was told was that I would get hot flushes. When I looked up the side effects I decided I much prefer heavy periods. I resent these people in their practices, practicing on me whilst also miss informing me.

I would be interested to see what other information you have.
I was always of the view of wanting to go back with everything I came in with. It looks like this may not be possible now.
m3yn86d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 11:21 AM   #14
m3yn86d
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsinorelore View Post
Hi All! I wish I could say where I read it, but I read that caffein is a major culpret here. Like Josefine said earlier. I will try to back track my info, and pass it on when I do find it. Thanks for this thread, great idea!!!
I have never drank tea or coffee so although a major culprit I suggest looking further.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:31 PM   #15
Bonnie
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3yn86d View Post
I am so glad this has come up as I was diagnosed 3yrs ago and have recently signed papers to have the 'sack of potatoes' removed. I have tried all sorts of alternatives which have only made them bigger. recently started MMS and wanted to know whether anyone with fibroids have experienced any changes???

As for the spiritual aspect, I think there is more than the downgrading of women going on. I also had some spiritual info come my way,this was that I would always have fibroids. So this led me to think the logical thing to do would be to have the operation.
A recent report I read stated that the negative oestrgens are in everything around us. In household cleaning products, cling film, most plastics and this includes what holds your drinking water and contains all food you eat. It is in perfumes and deoderants etc, reducing the level of fertility in both men and women, hence the need to keep this open to both sexes, doctors, alternative healers etc. Over the years I have stopped all dairy, stopped eating meat, only take molases as a natural sugar which also contains a very high iron content rather than iron tablets that constipate. They have only got bigger. Most invasive treatments will take them away but they only come back. Some women have also found that instead of menapause helping to reduce them, they have stayed the same or got worse due to the level of oestrogen around us. Due to the impending op Iwas told to take decapeptyl trimestral which would stop me bleading for 6 months and reduce the size of them and within which time the op would have happened. All I was told was that I would get hot flushes. When I looked up the side effects I decided I much prefer heavy periods. I resent these people in their practices, practicing on me whilst also miss informing me.

I would be interested to see what other information you have.
I was always of the view of wanting to go back with everything I came in with. It looks like this may not be possible now.
HI M3yn86d. First of all, I am sorry that you and other people have to go through what you are going through. It is very surprising and upsetting to me that synthetic chemicals, which can mimic estrogen in the body are found in soooo many things around us, such as soaps, shampoos, creams, make-up, dyes in our clothing, drinking water, foods, plastics and much more. What upsets me is that, to my knowledge, manufacturers are not phasing out these dangerous chemicals and replacing them with safer ones. These manufacturers continue to expose people with these environmental or artificial estrogen chemicals that increase the risk of such things as cancer, fibroids and endometriosis. Here is a link that goes into some depth about synthetic compounds that mimic estrogen called endocrine disruptors. I myself am just learning about most of this. Here it is:
http://www.womentowomen.com/detoxifi...isruptors.aspx
Old 12-01-2008, 09:57 PM   #16
martina
Avalon Senior Member

We are all expose to decimation.
The fluoride in water and toothpaste, aspartame in softdrinks and everything that is "light", the mercury in fillings and vaccines and other poisons, chemtrails, polution, nuclear fallouts, cellphones, transmitting stations, genetic manipulations, radiated food, microwave, dead food (heated and cooled down and then heated it again), industrialize food with chemical additions, etc.
martina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 10:12 PM   #17
Bonnie
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by martina View Post
We are all expose to decimation.
The fluoride in water and toothpaste, aspartame in softdrinks and everything that is "light", the mercury in fillings and vaccines and other poisons, chemtrails, polution, nuclear fallouts, cellphones, transmitting stations, genetic manipulations, radiated food, microwave, dead food (heated and cooled down and then heated it again), industrialize food with chemical additions, etc.
I agree
Old 12-01-2008, 10:25 PM   #18
Antaletriangle
Avalon Senior Member

I think that's a great idea setting up a women's forum for physical problems and suchlike-my mum suffered from endometriosis; she had to have an operation a few years ago.
Antaletriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 10:34 PM   #19
Jacqui D
Avalon Senior Member

This has been a great discussion only it comes far too late for me.
I'm in my middle 50's now but was diagnosed with endrometrios when i was 35
I had a terrible time since menstration started for me, i had my kids young and probably if hadn't i would not have any today.
I went for treatment in which i had 6 monthly injections very painful i might add in the stomach and it never helped me one bit.
I was told by my gp that it may stop my periods altogether in which it did ultimately, so from the age of 35 i went into an early menopause, this causing further problems as you can imagine.

I started having problems with my joints and have been suffering from arthiritis badly since the age of 40.
I was advised by my gp to go on a course of hrt, which i did for 18months where i gained 2 stone in this short time.
I started having hot flushes, something i hadn't had before the hrt i just couldn't believe it, in the end i decided i was going to come off all tablets etc and tried to lose the weight which took me many years.
The treatment i had to stop my periods i feel ruined my life i felt like an old lady in a young womans body.
I was depressed, lost all confidence became a different women.
I found it a debillitatiing disease with little help from the doctors and very little information at the time i felt cut off.
Jacqui D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 10:37 PM   #20
m3yn86d
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
HI M3yn86d. First of all, I am sorry that you and other people have to go through what you are going through. It is very surprising and upsetting to me that synthetic chemicals, which can mimic estrogen in the body are found in soooo many things around us, such as soaps, shampoos, creams, make-up, dyes in our clothing, drinking water, foods, plastics and much more. What upsets me is that, to my knowledge, manufacturers are not phasing out these dangerous chemicals and replacing them with safer ones. These manufacturers continue to expose people with these environmental or artificial estrogen chemicals that increase the risk of such things as cancer, fibroids and endometriosis. Here is a link that goes into some depth about synthetic compounds that mimic estrogen called endocrine disruptors. I myself am just learning about most of this. Here it is:
http://www.womentowomen.com/detoxifi...isruptors.aspx
Thank you for your comments it is most heart warming. Thank you also for the info it looks most interesting.
Old 12-02-2008, 12:26 AM   #21
Bonnie
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacqui D View Post
This has been a great discussion only it comes far too late for me.
I'm in my middle 50's now but was diagnosed with endrometrios when i was 35
I had a terrible time since menstration started for me, i had my kids young and probably if hadn't i would not have any today.
I went for treatment in which i had 6 monthly injections very painful i might add in the stomach and it never helped me one bit.
I was told by my gp that it may stop my periods altogether in which it did ultimately, so from the age of 35 i went into an early menopause, this causing further problems as you can imagine.

I started having problems with my joints and have been suffering from arthiritis badly since the age of 40.
I was advised by my gp to go on a course of hrt, which i did for 18months where i gained 2 stone in this short time.
I started having hot flushes, something i hadn't had before the hrt i just couldn't believe it, in the end i decided i was going to come off all tablets etc and tried to lose the weight which took me many years.
The treatment i had to stop my periods i feel ruined my life i felt like an old lady in a young womans body.
I was depressed, lost all confidence became a different women.
I found it a debillitatiing disease with little help from the doctors and very little information at the time i felt cut off.
Hi Jacqui. I am sorry you had to go through all that, as well. Like you, my mother had endometriosis at a young age (28 yrs. of age), also. Being very small at the time, I do remember, however, how painful this medical condition was for her. At that time, the only option the doctor gave my mother was to have a hysterectomy. According to my mother, the doctor, however, was worried at how this surgical procedure would affect her phsychologically. She did experience some loss of confidence as a woman, but was able to overcome these beliefs. My mother is o.k. today and the only thing she experiences from time to time is some pain from all the scarring that resulted from the hysterectomy. Just remember that our creator/source does not make junk. You are a beautiful and powerful being that has great worth no matter what. I send energies of love and light to you.
Old 12-06-2008, 11:27 PM   #22
Jacqui D
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Hi Jacqui. I am sorry you had to go through all that, as well. Like you, my mother had endometriosis at a young age (28 yrs. of age), also. Being very small at the time, I do remember, however, how painful this medical condition was for her. At that time, the only option the doctor gave my mother was to have a hysterectomy. According to my mother, the doctor, however, was worried at how this surgical procedure would affect her phsychologically. She did experience some loss of confidence as a woman, but was able to overcome these beliefs. My mother is o.k. today and the only thing she experiences from time to time is some pain from all the scarring that resulted from the hysterectomy. Just remember that our creator/source does not make junk. You are a beautiful and powerful being that has great worth no matter what. I send energies of love and light to you.
Thank you Bonnie, yes you are so right of course, we must remember that the shell we live in is just that and we can surpass pain and anguish.
It is surprising what the body can endure and every woman will tell you that who has borne children.
Thank you for your light and love.
Jacqui D is offline   Reply With Quote