Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Old 11-21-2008, 11:46 AM   #1
Ampgod
Avalon Senior Member

Default The "Subscription Plan"

Might I suggest that while doing a fund raiser you take down your arrogant $60,000 goal from view.

Also, maybe hide or get rid of that subscription talk under ANNOUNCEMENTS.
The people will help you raise funds. No need to threaten them with subscriptions.

This stinks of threatening people.....

"Fundraiser Starts NOW - If you want to stop subscription plan."

How about a nice and kind approach to fund raising without blasting you need $60,000 a year?

Peace,
Ampgod

Last edited by Ampgod; 11-21-2008 at 11:57 AM.
Ampgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 11:57 AM   #2
kem
Avalon Senior Member

Unhappy Re: The "Subscription Plan"

The thread about "fund raisers" has been closed.
Any moderator could explain me why???

Thx, have a nice day !
kem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 11:58 AM   #3
Donny

Default Re: The "Subscription Plan"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampgod View Post
Might I suggest that while doing a fund raiser you take down your arrogant $60,000 goal from view.
Ampgod

Umm, not seen this $60.000 figure, where is it shown?
Old 11-21-2008, 12:02 PM   #4
Ampgod
Avalon Senior Member

Under General Discussion
Posted by Karen

"We have pledges of $1241 with 2 unknown amounts.
$58,759 to go
Largest single donation $640.

It has only been about 6 hours. We need 48 times more in dollar amounts.
We are only 2% of the way to $60,000 (minimal operating expenses for 1 yr.)"

I don't think she should have stated that. Just my opinion.
Old 11-21-2008, 12:27 PM   #5
Donny

Oh Dear!!!!

I have to ask the question, was this method realy wanted?

You had 23 ish pledges in I dont know , 6 hrs or so.
I went on the thread to make my pledge and also funds for one other, but it was closed.

Bearing in mind the different timezones and the fact people have to work, and so would not be online to see this thread. surely 24 hrs would have been a more reasonable test?

Does not inspire confidence.
Old 11-21-2008, 12:32 PM   #6
Karen
Project Avalon Organizer

Every one has a different opinion and advice to give out. I read them all in the threads about the subscription. How we will ever have community, I don't know! Reminds me of the churches, where one group after another splits off into their little exclusive groups. Why didn't most of the communes of the 70's survive? Not judging it to be wrong, it is just the way things are. Birds of a feather flock together.

On NPR fund raisers they always tell you the goal and how much farther to go. It was not a threat, it was a hope for those who disagreed. How often we do misinterpret each other, but I hear that is changing. The Web Bot guys say "psychic" is coming all over the place.

I closed the other thread because Kerry wants the subscription, and I have caused a problem here. If you never do anything wrong, then you aren't living. My apologies, and now please let it go and let this drop off the top of the list.

Thank you,
Karen

Last edited by Karen; 11-21-2008 at 12:34 PM.
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 12:40 PM   #7
Worlds Beyond 2

I agree Ampgod...

but more importantly, am now wondering what on earth is going on here (PA/PC etc)??

I thought long and hard lastnight... after posting and retiring to bed... I thought this:

even though I do have reservations about being a member here due some of the behaviour/level of some members/mods here towards others.. and my own experience of being 'locked out' for no apparent reason for a day or two.. .. and even though I totally disagree with paying for a forum space..

fact is, I really felt for Kerry being unable to pay her rent / get food etc (as mentioned in one of two places by Mods)..... whatever my feelings about how PA is being run or managed, or some of the less than loving/humane posts by certain Avalon 'officials' (not the right word, but can't find the one I mean) ... I do know exactly what it's like to be faced with losing the roof over your head and faced with not knowing how on earth you're going to be able to get a small bag of basic groceries.. or eat that day... it's a horrible space to be in....

.. so anyway, I decided lastnight that I'd contribute a donation (not a lot, as I pretty much live hand to mouth each week myself) as I felt the true spirit of this was to help another in genuine need ... i.e. help kerry out of her lack of rent/bills/food situation... I felt to do this to help another human being, who has done much to bring info to the public, not becuase I go along with the idea of members paying for PA forum.. and I also felt maybe it might have been more beneficial/honest/helpful to tell us all the true picture i.e. Kerry's situation, so that we could make an informed choice about donating etc.. ??

Yet this morning when I came into the fundraiser thread, to make my pledge and explain why I was sending some money (after finding a way to send funds as I have no bank/credit cards etc).. I found that $60,000 is being spoken of as an immediate need... wow! And I wondered how my donating would make it's way to Kerry's rent/food bill and not be swallowed up by this now $60,000 needed fund ???

And.. more surprising to me, is that now the Fundraiser has been closed down!!! and confused!!

After all the threads/posts/energy/effort/arguments and so on, of so many people, to try and find another solution than Paid Subs for PA, to finally do the fundraiser, and within 12 hours or so, find this is closed... 'eh, what's really happening here???!!

I just do not undertand anything in this place anymore (not that I ever really did I suppose)... nor feel safe/secure that there is transparency/truth in certain areas...

What on earth is happening with/really going on in this place???

I now feel so uncomfortable with it all I do feel to leave, not in any hissy-fit way or protest, nor to 'defect' to any other site, but because I just cannot fathom this place out anymore... it's intention or direction or integrity...

Kerry, I hope you get some support and help..

Best wishes to all !
Old 11-21-2008, 12:45 PM   #8
Donny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen View Post
Every one has a different opinion and advice to give out. I read them all in the threads about the subscription. How we will ever have community, I don't know! Reminds me of the churches, where one group after another splits off into their little exclusive groups. Why didn't most of the communes of the 70's survive? Not judging it to be wrong, it is just the way things are. Birds of a feather flock together.

On NPR fund raisers they always tell you the goal and how much farther to go. It was not a threat, it was a hope for those who disagreed. How often we do misinterpret each other, but I hear that is changing. The Web Bot guys say "psychic" is coming all over the place.

I closed the other thread because Kerry wants the subscription, and I have caused a problem here. If you never do anything wrong, then you aren't living. My apologies, and now please let it go and let this drop off the top of the list.

Thank you,
Karen
Karen, I certainly would never shoot anyone for doing something wrong IF they were atleast trying, I just think a longer time period would have proved your very good idea.

As for Kerry wants the subscription!, well that has just told me what I need to do. I could at this point say a lot of negative things, but I wont as it is not my way and it helps no-one.

I do truely understand that things cost money and I do believe that donations are helpfull to paying for tickets, hotels and sustenance requirements, but I no longer like the way it is being done. New world order now seems to have gone, new world forums.

I wonder if you could please do me a favour Karen, Terminate my membership as of now.

I would just like to say, thankyou to everyone who has contributed to threads that have kept me so well informed and given me food for thought.

I will miss my chats with you all. Good luck with your futures and be in peace.
Donny
Old 11-21-2008, 01:23 PM   #9
StClair
Project Camelot Witness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen View Post
Every one has a different opinion and advice to give out. I read them all in the threads about the subscription. How we will ever have community, I don't know!

Thank you,
Karen
You did not cause a problem. You showed & implemented a solution. There are NO MISTAKES. Don't think in such terms. My maxim /motto is this: "Never hesitate to do what is right!" You and the friends who pledged and gave support are working from their heart, and that was all that matters. ALL Avenues ought to be implemented, not either or.

Viable Avenues of great integrity (among many others) are:

Subscription, I agree with. Donations, as we have seen at work, always works, silenty best, based on "volitional behavior" and barter exchanges, and advertizing (banners) for donors, sponsors, friends, colleagues, clients, any one who is on the same page - from new energies, new economies, new technologies, new radiant zones communities, to whoever is on the same page with new services and new goods and products that serve this venture.

New books, DVDs series, movies, Camelot goes Hollywood... all of it, and events... I have heard rumors of great events planned for 2009 when Jupiter & Chiron align with Neptune in the 27th degree of Aquarius...

Thanks and have a great day as they say...

Last edited by StClair; 11-21-2008 at 01:26 PM.
StClair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 01:34 PM   #10
Worlds Beyond 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny View Post
I wonder if you could please do me a favour Karen, Terminate my membership as of now.

I would just like to say, thankyou to everyone who has contributed to threads that have ... given me food for thought.

Good luck with your futures and be in peace.
Donny
I second that Donny.. really had enough of trying to fathom out what is really going on here... who is being true... what the real direction/intent of PA is.... who is safe/trustworthy and avoiding the many landmines which seem to be dotted around... not to menton the behaviour/slanging of some mods/members etc..

enough is really enough..

this was my first ever trip to an internet forum.. (I was so happy when I found PA) .. but I think it's almost certainly my last...

my sincere thanks to some who have helped me learn/understand a bit more in my own journey.... i.e. the really good-hearted, peaceful and full-of-integrity folks who have shared their experiences and gems of wisdom on here...

but PA overall is clearly not for me.. haven't got involved in any others but am not sure any internet forum is for me...? Anyway... I'm heading back to the REAL world, helping REAL people, in REAL need...

Peaceful blessings and safe journey to all.

God Bless.

p.s. MODS: I respectfully request that my account, and ANY records you hold of my registration details/Email address, or any other info you have about me (?!) be deleted from ALL your systems please. My posts can stay visible/public.. no need to delete those. But I do wish to have all records/info/details about me which you hold on ANY of your systems or records immediately deleted. Many thanks.

Last edited by Worlds Beyond 2; 11-21-2008 at 01:39 PM. Reason: p.s. added for clarification of requested account deletion!
Old 11-21-2008, 04:21 PM   #11
RubyTuesday
Avalon Senior Member

Many hugs, Karen. Thank you for trying.
RubyTuesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 05:11 PM   #12
Baggywrinkle

Last edited by Baggywrinkle; 11-22-2008 at 01:50 AM.
Old 11-21-2008, 05:26 PM   #13
dayzero
Avalon Senior Member

Exclamation Re: The "Subscription Plan"

Ooof! Calm down some of you, please!

Michael, i like your style. You are a realist.
We need your voice right here right now, and we have it.

Karen, there's a lot of febrile minds out there, try not to let any negative posts
get into your head. Hard, i know.
They are humans becoming, help them to become.

BaggyW - you know that.

B+K - Keep it up - I have no problems subscribing.
dayzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 06:01 PM   #14
crowmirror

did it ever occur to anyone that you dont need to travel anywhere to
interview someone (especialy these days w/ all the tech we have)
if its the info that counts i dont need to see their faces! so to travel all over is a luxury...get over it....telephone...vid conference..ect but dont ask folks who have very lil to pay for your luxury
when they themselfves cant even go on vacation.

p.s. MODS: I respectfully request that my account, and ANY records you hold of my registration details/Email address, or any other info you have about me (?!) be deleted from ALL your systems please. My posts can stay visible/public.. no need to delete those. But I do wish to have all records/info/details about me which you hold on ANY of your systems or records immediately deleted. Many thanks.
Old 11-21-2008, 06:29 PM   #15
hotflyer
Avalon Senior Member

Sorry, this has now made me dissmisive.
It has reinforced my feelings.
No turning back now. Goodbye people.
hotflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 07:15 PM   #16
Deoxyan

pay per talking, how lucrative.
Old 11-21-2008, 08:07 PM   #17
Orion11
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
sux to be you.
really, baggywrinkle?

kinda odd that "staff" would say that to others.

but ok.

also. those who act like they have it all figured out......

surely do not.

I also tried to contact you after our last lil convo... where you said to contact you,
I tried and you are not receiving pm's or even profile messages.
I did try though.

But c'mon, is it really necessary to speak to ppl the way you do?
Seems like you feel your poo dont stank or something... and that youve just got it allllll figured out, and for those who dont. oh well, sucks to be them, right?

beautiful.

That just shows , that clearly.. you do not have it figured out.

Peace
Orion11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 08:16 PM   #18
doodah
Avalon Senior Member

I don't know, people, this stuff going down here is really weird. What's the big deal?

As Bill said on a post, all the people coming here are invited, but they are not invited to trash the place. So some limits of respect and behavior are set. This upsets those who want no limits or have no concept of what respect is.

Others seem to think they have some "right" to take without giving. Many of these people have no problem with behavior or respect issues, but like the idea of stopping off at the party to chat, eat some chips, have a few beers. This would be fine if the host of the party was a rich guy who could freely provide the party just for fun. That is not the case here. In the middle of the party the host tells everyone we're out of beer and asks everyone for a contribution. The suggested amount is small and reasonable. This offends some people and they leave. No more free beer, time to go, even though you could find a way to barter yourself in, or some other party-goer has offered to gift you in.

Then there are those people who come to your house and bring something with them to contribute, to help defray the costs of the party -- a bottle of wine, a six-pack of beer, some food. That's what potluck dinners are about; the expense of the party is shared, with each contributing the small amount of money that it cost them to prepare their dish.

My final thought is a long-held personal observation: Nothing in this world causes more trouble between people than money, and this whole mess just confirms that. I look forward to the day when society progresses to the point where it is no longer used. But we are not there yet.

Please make your decision and either go or stay with peace in your heart!
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 08:18 PM   #19
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Wow baggy, that kinda sounds like something I would say, geez, I'm going to think alittle before I speak again, I surely don't want to sound like that!,...oops

Last edited by Dantheman62; 11-21-2008 at 08:22 PM.
Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 10:18 PM   #20
Baggywrinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion11 View Post
really, baggywrinkle?

kinda odd that "staff" would say that to others.

but ok.

also. those who act like they have it all figured out......

surely do not.

I also tried to contact you after our last lil convo... where you said to contact you,
I tried and you are not receiving pm's or even profile messages.
I did try though.

But c'mon, is it really necessary to speak to ppl the way you do?
Seems like you feel your poo dont stank or something... and that youve just got it allllll figured out, and for those who dont. oh well, sucks to be them, right?

beautiful.

That just shows , that clearly.. you do not have it figured out.

Peace
You couldn't PM me because I left the forum, was gone for a week then came back at the urging of my wife to give it a fair go. I'd tell you what I've done since I came back, but frankly it's noyb.

You guys are lucky I don't call any shots here. If it were me I'd pull the whole forum down and think long and hard about putting it back up. If you are offended. Too bad. Meet me half way and I'll give you the shirt off my back. Pop a tude and all the compromise just drains right out of me. I deal with this all day every day. It takes a lot to make me show my a**. Have the manager give you a twenty five dollar gift certificate on your way out to sooth your savaged nerves.

Dantheman, I have great respect for you. If they really do go subscription, I'll be in touch.
Old 11-21-2008, 10:36 PM   #21
pineal-pilot-in merkabah
Avalon Senior Member

i dont understand whats so hard?? pay and stay or dont and go.. or dont pay and just read posts... i dont even think its an issue. i live in a shed and dont have a job or any money coming in.. ill find it tho if i want to post here.. quit whining whiners.. whatever everyone just get over it.. moaning about it wont change it
pineal-pilot-in merkabah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 10:37 PM   #22
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Hey baggy, if they go subscriptions I'm in and I'll pay for 2 or 3 others!, so please let me know!P.S. Thanks for the respect by the way!

Last edited by Dantheman62; 11-21-2008 at 10:47 PM.
Old 11-21-2008, 10:37 PM   #23
Ampgod
Avalon Senior Member

Let's be clear.
I am for reasonable compensation for real work.
I donated right away.
Sent it off in mail yesterday.

I just have my opinion.
They will do what they will.

Sub is not bad I guess as people will make the choice for themselves to join or not join.

Last edited by Ampgod; 11-21-2008 at 10:42 PM.
Old 11-21-2008, 11:15 PM   #24
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

eeewwww baggywrinkle, the shirt off your back, will it be all sweaty and stuff?, eeeewwww.
Old 11-21-2008, 11:17 PM   #25
hobbit
Unsubscribed

If the goods are correct, and resonate with the people, money will be attracted to those goods.
I feel little resonance to come to this forum now.
Hobbit
hobbit is offline   Reply With Quote