Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 08-11-2009, 03:13 PM   #1
Samarkis
Avalon Senior Member

Exclamation Observations On Obama's Health Care Reform!!

We in the US are in a Unique position to change healthcare to the point of actually making people well & healthy instead of treating symptoms!!

This HOWEVER, is only if certain important peices stay in the Healthcare Reform!! (AND the IMAC taken OUT!!)

Cong. Conyers and his family AGAIN step up to the plate and deliver an
important KEY PART: Public Option....Pls see his link:

http://conyers.house.gov/index.cfm?F...b-f67f60e05f8c

The other KEY PART that must stay in to be successful is the Alternative healthcare treatments,which are more effective,less invasive, & cost less.

Pls see the links below of Dr. Julian Witaker & Dr. Wallach....both of which have sued the FDA in allowing information on Nutritional Research to be made available to the American public(of which most of the research was paid for by the American Public!!!)

It is imperative for this to move forward & not to be carved out of the final bill!

The public knows it has been "played with" & they are not going to take it anymore....

I am advising the Congressmen & Senators to step up & do their civil duty:
Not because it is easy, Not because it is Popular, but because it is the right thing to do....

As it appears, the public will no longer stand for the nonsense that has gone on for so long,The Congressmen & Senators are holding their own lives in the process...Choose wisely, choose for the bigger picture & choose for the right thing....
Samarkis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 03:44 PM   #2
Unified Serenity
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Observations On Obama's Health Care Reform!!

What really shows the arrogance of Congress is that they have exempted themselves and the Unions from this 'wonderful' health care reform, and the unions are acting as goons to intimidate people at the town hall meetings.

Ah, to watch history repeat.
Unified Serenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 04:33 PM   #3
Northern Boy
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
As it appears, the public will no longer stand for the nonsense that has gone on for so long,The Congressmen & Senators are holding their own lives in the process...Choose wisely, choose for the bigger picture & choose for the right thing....
The MSM and a variety of others from the print media are trying to make it seem like the nut bars and the wackos along with the republicans are are responsible for the town hall protests . If fact the American people are now beginning to realize that they are being railroaded by the very people they have elected . people from both sides of the fence are now understanding that these huge bills they are pushing through with out debate are being done for a reason . That reason is to further strip whatever rights you have from you .

WE have government run healthcare up here in Canada and it is in no way like the one they are trying to implement in the states. Government does not have the say in who our doctors are our what type of treatment we receive and in the event of a lifesaving procedure they even pay to have that procedure done in the U.S. if tit can not be performed in a timely manner in Canada.

Another thing is that the health insurance is paid for by our province not the Federal Government . Its our province`s who administer the plans . From what I`m seeing your federal government in the states wants to have a say in everything from a to z .

My impressions are that Quality of care is going to suffer dramatically with this plan . Let me also state that i feel that do to the economic climate prevalent in todays world that all government run systems including Canada`s are going to see a major hit in what is now covered and what will be covered in the future . This goes for all government programs they will eliminate or alter them one by one welfare as well as unemployment insurance programs and what ever else their hearts desire
Northern Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 05:34 PM   #4
Phtha
Avalon Senior Member

Exclamation Re: Observations On Obama's Health Care Reform!!

Obamacare gives the government rights to send 'trained' agents to tell you how to raise your children.

Even Chuck Norris is getting in the action now.

“Obamacare is about the government’s coming into homes and usurping parental rights over child care and development,” writes Norris. “It’s outlined in sections 440 and 1904 of the House bill (Page 838), under the heading “home visitation programs for families with young children and families expecting children.” The programs (provided via grants to states) would educate parents on child behavior and parenting skills. The bill says that the government agents, “well-trained and competent staff,” would “provide parents with knowledge of age-appropriate child development in cognitive, language, social, emotional, and motor domains … modeling, consulting, and coaching on parenting practices,” and “skills to interact with their child to enhance age-appropriate development.”

|>Full Article<|

Are there still any Obama lovers here?
Phtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 06:30 PM   #5
Samarkis
Avalon Senior Member

Yes, I will step up & say that I still Support Obama...However, do not make the mistake that all legislature brought to the table is what he personally wants or advicates....It is up to the American Public to stand up for what they want & know what is correct...Otherwise,the trouble runs amuck....

One person can educate many....but true change can only happen when the ideas are acted upon whether in political action,info distribution or Intentional creation using thought to manifest the reality you want to see.....These things must be done persistantly and with great focus until they come into existance & then continue safe guarding them....
Old 08-12-2009, 11:22 AM   #6
Tramik
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samarkis View Post
Yes, I will step up & say that I still Support Obama...
Willingly or not, he is a New World Order employee. No matter how charming he sounds he will not have my support.

Due to all the bailouts, there's going to be an international depression - in the very least a mass inflation in America within the next year or so. See how much you support him when a can of food costs $25 and you just got laid off.
Tramik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 07:36 PM   #7
Samarkis
Avalon Senior Member

I would like to reccomend that you read the free e-books on www.michaelsharp.org ..... this is an explaination of what Humanity is & where it is going...pulling in a lot of info from many historical sources..... also we have the nexus thread at camelot which has info on the earth,planetary,& Sun's changes together with what is happening w/ humanity....
http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8441

If one does not understand the bigger picture.....they will suffer fears & panic...if you understand the evolution & metamorphosis of all molecular structures....you will relax & feel better....

The choice is yrs...fear or understanding....

In Light!
Old 08-12-2009, 07:44 PM   #8
mntruthseeker
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
I would like to reccomend that you read the free e-books on www.michaelsharp.org ..... this is an explaination of what Humanity is & where it is going...pulling in a lot of info from many historical sources..... also we have the nexus thread at camelot which has info on the earth,planetary,& Sun's changes together with what is happening w/ humanity....
http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8441

If one does not understand the bigger picture.....they will suffer fears & panic...if you understand the evolution & metamorphosis of all molecular structures....you will relax & feel better....

The choice is yrs...fear or understanding....

In Light!

Is this message for real? Please do not tell me that I need to understand the big picture. I will not support obama in anything ever again!

He sold his soul
mntruthseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 07:46 PM   #9
mntruthseeker
Avalon Senior Member

My observation is

the plan is DEAD wrong !!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-12-2009, 08:29 PM   #10
Northern Boy
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
I would like to reccomend that you read the free e-books on www.michaelsharp.org
I have them and been to his site and I have to tell you his forum is something . When you post material that some members might question they mostly sit back and wait Till Michael makes his post and feelings know on the subject then they all jump on the michael band wagon .I have his e-books and they are nothing new its all out there he just rehashes it and tries to pass it off as his own . No thanks not a site for me its a bunch of Lemmings following a pied piper.

Lets see how many Obama fans really care about him when they find out they are excluded from health care services because of age or extenuating health problems that the government decides they no longer want to cover. Or if they are staring out at the world from behind a barbed wire fence wondering why they consented to go into them in the first place , or they are standing in soup lines waiting and hoping to get something to eat because he gave all the money to the greedy banker friends and excluded those that voted him into the position and now they can`t feed them selves or their families.

Last edited by Northern Boy; 08-12-2009 at 08:37 PM.
Old 08-13-2009, 01:53 AM   #11
mntruthseeker
Avalon Senior Member

Yes, the Obama fans, Bless their hearts, they mean well, but they are not catching on to the true facts.

First of all this is not Obama's healthcare bill its the elite's. To say we are against it, we are not judging this man. We are judging the actual plan.

We must stop this bill TOGETHER no divisions should even be considered

If you value your parents life and your childrens life, Please go really listen to the videos, go check out Chuck Norris's report on social services.

Call your representatives immediately
Old 08-13-2009, 04:51 AM   #12
Samarkis
Avalon Senior Member

Have you read the Public Option authored by Conyers??? That is still on the table, especially if you stand up for it & so is an Alternative Treatment Option if you stand up for it!!! PLS read the links!!!!!!!!!!

http://conyers.house.gov/index.cfm?F...b-f67f60e05f8c

I am saying MAKE A STAND!!!!!!! It is POSSIBLE if you STAND TOGETHER!!!

Wishing Success!!!!!!
Old 08-13-2009, 04:54 AM   #13
Samarkis
Avalon Senior Member

In regards to Michael Sharp & his site....you are allowed to feel the way you do....Many feel this 3 D world is all there is....

But Life is Just a Ride!!!!

Old 08-13-2009, 06:38 AM   #14
Northern Boy
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Have you read the Public Option authored by Conyers???
John Conyers is a crafty old man from Michigan . He had a chance to step up when Bush was in office and do something with the House Judiciary Committee that he is chair of and did nothing . What I believe he is now seeing is a swiping tide of angry voters who come 2010 are going to show their displeasure with their votes . All he is doing is posturing to survive the next election and stay in office and i can almost say with out a doubt that if Americans were not voicing their displeasure with the way things were going he would sign on for the Health bill with out a whimper

Last edited by Northern Boy; 08-13-2009 at 06:46 AM.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:39 AM   #15
swordsmith
Unsubscribed

Obama= Brezsinski ( and co.), so if you like that , carry on with the blind faith and adulation... jeesh...Is it not obvious by now he is only an actor anyway? His appointed advisors SUCK, unless you are a big fan of eugenics.

More health care reform info, OR , should I say, how you wipe out more useless eaters even faster,
and this,
second one being a justifiably upset father in Michigan worried about his disabled son's future care.
Never mind, if they keep chembombing in Michigan as they have this summer, the job should be pretty easy. After all, they have wiped out most people's livlihoods there.

The thing is, I have no insurance, ( don't live in Ughmerica) don't go to doctors, and every experience I've had with pharamceuticals has been a reaffirmation OF WHY I NEVER SHOULD, so it is with a sense of outrage for others that I post these things.

I'm hoping the growing outrage will prove to be a positve force, but the price is just so much inevitable heartache for so many...but this IS the price when people have blindly trusted. And continue to do so...

The negative can be very positive.
swordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 12:53 PM   #16
Samarkis
Avalon Senior Member

Just pointing out that Moveon's 3 million group has been working w/ Conyers for a while on the Healthcare issue & I do believe it was since Sicko came out.....Feel what you want....

Also, La Rouche people (whom do some controversial research & don't get sued over it as it is true....i.e. that Bnai Brith is run not by Jews but by Jesuits....)) say that Public Option would take care of the medical costs...It would WORK....what they ARE concerned with is that it might be carved out of the final bill unless ALL stand & push it thru.....

And in regards to Sharp or any other spiritualist....Did you know that we are all Spirit having a physical experience(Game,illusion,etc...)...We are really eternal beings walking as Humans as we experience all experiences....and learn many things....
Old 08-13-2009, 02:15 PM   #17
Unified Serenity
Avalon Senior Member

I've been enjoying Steve Crowder's political videos. After watching the second one posted below I noticed how very shrewd the imagery is. At first viewing, I thought it was juvenile, but upon second viewing I noticed how he was using the scenes to say a lot. Enjoy:

Old 08-13-2009, 03:42 PM   #18
Samarkis
Avalon Senior Member

Unified Serenity!!!! LOL!!!! That is so funny!! And so true in many instances!! I will state again the best case scenario for change QUICKLY & NOW
is the Public Option (it is just a more streamlined version of Medicaid/medicare that already exists)!!!!

The REALLY best thing is NOT GET SICK or to REVERSE degenerative disease!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!So, it is imperative to have Alternative treatment options are available & covered!!!

We have the technology,the American public has paid for much of the grants that covered the research (Of which my father,Dr. Joel Wallach was part of for over 28 years & has spent the last 20 years giving free health lectures on the info!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

How Novel!!!!!! How Cost effective!!!!!!!!! Stay HEALTHY & WELL!!!!!!

Old 08-14-2009, 03:00 PM   #19
Samarkis
Avalon Senior Member

We launched www.WhiteHouse.gov/realitycheck this week to knock down the rumors and lies that are floating around the internet. You can find the information below, and much more, there. For example, we've just added a video of Nancy-Ann DeParle from our Health Reform Office tackling a viral email head on. Check it out:

8 ways reform provides security and stability to those with or without coverage

Ends Discrimination for Pre-Existing Conditions: Insurance companies will be prohibited from refusing you coverage because of your medical history.
Ends Exorbitant Out-of-Pocket Expenses, Deductibles or Co-Pays: Insurance companies will have to abide by yearly caps on how much they can charge for out-of-pocket expenses.
Ends Cost-Sharing for Preventive Care: Insurance companies must fully cover, without charge, regular checkups and tests that help you prevent illness, such as mammograms or eye and foot exams for diabetics.
Ends Dropping of Coverage for Seriously Ill: Insurance companies will be prohibited from dropping or watering down insurance coverage for those who become seriously ill.
Ends Gender Discrimination: Insurance companies will be prohibited from charging you more because of your gender.
Ends Annual or Lifetime Caps on Coverage: Insurance companies will be prevented from placing annual or lifetime caps on the coverage you receive.
Extends Coverage for Young Adults: Children would continue to be eligible for family coverage through the age of 26.
Guarantees Insurance Renewal: Insurance companies will be required to renew any policy as long as the policyholder pays their premium in full. Insurance companies won't be allowed to refuse renewal because someone became sick.
Learn more and get details: http://www.WhiteHouse.gov/health-ins...r-protections/

8 common myths about health insurance reform
Reform will stop "rationing" - not increase it: It’s a myth that reform will mean a "government takeover" of health care or lead to "rationing." To the contrary, reform will forbid many forms of rationing that are currently being used by insurance companies.
We can’t afford reform: It's the status quo we can't afford. It’s a myth that reform will bust the budget. To the contrary, the President has identified ways to pay for the vast majority of the up-front costs by cutting waste, fraud, and abuse within existing government health programs; ending big subsidies to insurance companies; and increasing efficiency with such steps as coordinating care and streamlining paperwork. In the long term, reform can help bring down costs that will otherwise lead to a fiscal crisis.
Reform would encourage "euthanasia": It does not. It’s a malicious myth that reform would encourage or even require euthanasia for seniors. For seniors who want to consult with their family and physicians about end-of life decisions, reform will help to cover these voluntary, private consultations for those who want help with these personal and difficult family decisions.
Vets' health care is safe and sound: It’s a myth that health insurance reform will affect veterans' access to the care they get now. To the contrary, the President's budget significantly expands coverage under the VA, extending care to 500,000 more veterans who were previously excluded. The VA Healthcare system will continue to be available for all eligible veterans.
Reform will benefit small business - not burden it: It’s a myth that health insurance reform will hurt small businesses. To the contrary, reform will ease the burdens on small businesses, provide tax credits to help them pay for employee coverage and help level the playing field with big firms who pay much less to cover their employees on average.
Your Medicare is safe, and stronger with reform: It’s myth that Health Insurance Reform would be financed by cutting Medicare benefits. To the contrary, reform will improve the long-term financial health of Medicare, ensure better coordination, eliminate waste and unnecessary subsidies to insurance companies, and help to close the Medicare "doughnut" hole to make prescription drugs more affordable for seniors.
You can keep your own insurance: It’s myth that reform will force you out of your current insurance plan or force you to change doctors. To the contrary, reform will expand your choices, not eliminate them.
No, government will not do anything with your bank account: It is an absurd myth that government will be in charge of your bank accounts. Health insurance reform will simplify administration, making it easier and more convenient for you to pay bills in a method that you choose. Just like paying a phone bill or a utility bill, you can pay by traditional check, or by a direct electronic payment. And forms will be standardized so they will be easier to understand. The choice is up to you – and the same rules of privacy will apply as they do for all other electronic payments that people make.
Learn more and get details:
http://www.WhiteHouse.gov/realitycheck
http://www.WhiteHouse.gov/realitycheck/faq

8 Reasons We Need Health Insurance Reform Now

Coverage Denied to Millions: A recent national survey estimated that 12.6 million non-elderly adults – 36 percent of those who tried to purchase health insurance directly from an insurance company in the individual insurance market – were in fact discriminated against because of a pre-existing condition in the previous three years or dropped from coverage when they became seriously ill. Learn more: http://www.healthreform.gov/reports/...age/index.html
Less Care for More Costs: With each passing year, Americans are paying more for health care coverage. Employer-sponsored health insurance premiums have nearly doubled since 2000, a rate three times faster than wages. In 2008, the average premium for a family plan purchased through an employer was $12,680, nearly the annual earnings of a full-time minimum wage job. Americans pay more than ever for health insurance, but get less coverage. Learn more: http://www.healthreform.gov/reports/...sts/index.html
Roadblocks to Care for Women: Women’s reproductive health requires more regular contact with health care providers, including yearly pap smears, mammograms, and obstetric care. Women are also more likely to report fair or poor health than men (9.5% versus 9.0%). While rates of chronic conditions such as diabetes and high blood pressure are similar to men, women are twice as likely to suffer from headaches and are more likely to experience joint, back or neck pain. These chronic conditions often require regular and frequent treatment and follow-up care. Learn more: http://www.healthreform.gov/reports/women/index.html
Hard Times in the Heartland: Throughout rural America, there are nearly 50 million people who face challenges in accessing health care. The past several decades have consistently shown higher rates of poverty, mortality, uninsurance, and limited access to a primary health care provider in rural areas. With the recent economic downturn, there is potential for an increase in many of the health disparities and access concerns that are already elevated in rural communities. Learn more: http://www.healthreform.gov/reports/hardtimes
Small Businesses Struggle to Provide Health Coverage: Nearly one-third of the uninsured – 13 million people – are employees of firms with less than 100 workers. From 2000 to 2007, the proportion of non-elderly Americans covered by employer-based health insurance fell from 66% to 61%. Much of this decline stems from small business. The percentage of small businesses offering coverage dropped from 68% to 59%, while large firms held stable at 99%. About a third of such workers in firms with fewer than 50 employees obtain insurance through a spouse. Learn more: http://www.healthreform.gov/reports/helpbottomline
The Tragedies are Personal: Half of all personal bankruptcies are at least partly the result of medical expenses. The typical elderly couple may have to save nearly $300,000 to pay for health costs not covered by Medicare alone. Learn more: http://www.healthreform.gov/reports/inaction
Diminishing Access to Care: From 2000 to 2007, the proportion of non-elderly Americans covered by employer-based health insurance fell from 66% to 61%. An estimated 87 million people - one in every three Americans under the age of 65 - were uninsured at some point in 2007 and 2008. More than 80% of the uninsured are in working families. Learn more: http://www.healthreform.gov/reports/...ing/index.html
The Trends are Troubling: Without reform, health care costs will continue to skyrocket unabated, putting unbearable strain on families, businesses, and state and federal government budgets. Perhaps the most visible sign of the need for health care reform is the 46 million Americans currently without health insurance - projections suggest that this number will rise to about 72 million in 2040 in the absence of reform. Learn more: http://www.WhiteHouse.gov/assets/doc...are_Report.pdf

The White House • 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW • Washington, DC 20500 • 202-456-1111
Old 08-14-2009, 04:13 PM   #20
Northern Boy
Avalon Senior Member

Samarkis Please tell me do you think this is a good deal for American`s ?

If it was run like the one we have in Canada I`d say yes but how they are setting this up in the State`s no way . If it is so good why are all memebers of congress exempt from it as well Obama himself is exempt
Old 08-14-2009, 04:55 PM   #21
Tramik
Avalon Senior Member

I know I'm not American, but I'm against this for a couple reasons. The idea that the government is seeking health care reform to help the people is laughable. They have only one thing in mind - more money and more power. Make no mistake, they're not here to help you.

One thing that concerns me is that the insurance companies and big pharma corps have already agreed to this - here's the kicker - why? The Obama Administration has yet to show any transparency as to what kind of deal these big corporations are getting. And even if they do tell you something, can you believe them? Do you honestly think both these huge corporate factions are willing to make less money to benefit you? As if!

I smell a scam. Maybe at face value some people will save money, but I have a feeling, call it a hunch, that there is special interests at work behind the scenes.

Give the banks more power, then the Insurance/Pharma companies. What's next? Energy industry?
Tramik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 06:03 PM   #22
Unified Serenity
Avalon Senior Member

Yes, this is a very long post, but I have some experience in insurance and think these points should be shared for those who are unaware of some facts regarding insurance and hospital billing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tramik View Post
The idea that the government is seeking health care reform to help the people is laughable. They have only one thing in mind - more money and more power. Make no mistake, they're not here to help you.
I completely agree.

Quote:
One thing that concerns me is that the insurance companies and big pharma corps have already agreed to this - here's the kicker - why? The Obama Administration has yet to show any transparency as to what kind of deal these big corporations are getting. And even if they do tell you something, can you believe them? Do you honestly think both these huge corporate factions are willing to make less money to benefit you? As if!
I am a licensed insurance agent and know a thing or two about how insurance works. I quit in February due to what was happening and my company not doing the right thing. I have sold alternative health insurance that covers emergencies, and a majority of areas people need coverage.

I can tell you that it is best to be self insured, period. To get self insured as young as possible while you are healthy, and you cannot be dropped for any reason as long as you pay your bill. Now, what as the problem? Pay $100.00 per month for the rest of your life, and you get coverage for 97% of medical situations.

Here are some facts:

80% of all hospital stays are less than $5000.00
17% are between $5000.00 and $30,000.00

That leaves 3% of the catastrophic situations. Now, you can choose to get a plan that is relatively inexpensive that covers 97% of the issues you will face, and hope you don't get one of the 3% situations. I can even see a special program we all pay into say $120.00 per year for an adult to cover any catastrophic problem, and you never worry about it. What most people do is not pay for self insurance, join a company and get group insurance which cannot be denied, then sometime as they begin to age they get a health issue. They lose their job and cannot qualify for self insurance or the rates go up due to the obvious cost this person will be to be insured. They then try to get with another large company for group benefits or stay in a job they hate so as not to lose those benefits.

Had they simply gotten one of the plans which I spoke of earlier, they would not have this problem. Those plans covered Doctor visits, blood work, hospital stays, surgery up to $100,000.00 per incident. Yes there was a reasonable deductible and co-pay. There was also a prescription card so drugs were not outrageous.

The plans exist, but young people don't want to pay while they feel young and healthy and probably won't need it and don't believe they will get hurt. THEY CHOOSE NOT TO BE INSURED! Oh, they can have a $600.00 car payment, $100.00 cell phone bill, $120.00 cable tv, $500.00 clothing bill (yes I am being cheap here), etc.. My point is, they can afford it, but they choose to not spend their money on it, then when they get older and have health problems they cry because it now costs them $400.00 per month to get the same plan which they could have had for $100.00 per month. Oh, and children were covered for about $45.00 per month.

I also sold a lot of plans that covered cancer and a young person qualified for about $17.00 per month. Again, they don't think they will get ill, and if they waited until they were in their 40's the plan cost about $45.00 per month.

There are a lot of issues within the insurance industry and medical industry. I am against different payments for the same treatment. If you have BCBS insurance or an HMO and you go to the hospital needing some stitches, you have about a $100.00 payment or less. If you are uninsured, good luck getting out for less than $500.00. I professed my disgust at this disparity to the hospital billing department and their answer was, "Well, if the uninsured payed their bills we would not charge that much"! My ex-husband was not insured at the time, and I said, "Give me a $100.00 bill and I will pay it right now", but they just laughed.

There is no way to create a competitive market in health care. Insurance clients do not see the whole bill, so they don't care to shop around, it's going to cost them the same where ever they go. Uninsured often do not have family doctors and use health clinics or the hospital (a huge bill). The lawyers sue over ever little thing thus driving up medical costs, and hospitals gouge like crazy on billing.

GO TO Hospital Victims

This site will tell you exactly how badly you are being screwed by your hospital for it's services. Here is one example in my town:

On average, Tallahassee Memorial Hospital charges 2.5 times what Johns Hopkins charges, ranked the finest hospital in America.

Radiology-Diagnostic
Mark-Up 548% Ratios 0.18 Costs $31,852,691 Charge $174,442,380

Laboratory
Mark-Up 716% Ratio 0.14 Costs $12,523,170 Charges $89,633,901

Go to : Tallahassee Memorial Charges to get a complete look at what the most popular hospital here charges as compared to John Hopkins which is arguably one of the best hospitals in the world! These are supposedly NON-PROFIT hospitals!

LOOK AT THOSE MARK-UPS!!! Now you see why we need to fix health care not just on the part of Insurance, but on the part of profit seeking non-profit hospitals, frivolous lawsuits which drive up costs.

I am a business person. Look at what restaurants do to get you in the door. They say, "Kids under 12 eat free" to get you in there. They know kids meals cost very little, and the mark up on Adult meals is very high. They can eat that cost. Now what restaurant is going to stay in business if they say, everyone can eat for $4.99? They won't because you will have 250 pound construction workers (no offense to construction workers, it's just an analogy) come in and eat $25.00 worth of food and bankrupt the business.

Yes, we need something to help those with unusual health circumstances, but there are plans available for people who are responsible, that are reasonably priced. People who choose to fly by the seat of their pants for 20 years and not pay a dime, then get sick and complain really need to look in the mirror regarding their choices. We have a great health care system here in America, and we won't if it goes the way of socialized medicine. Oh, there will be private hospitals for the very wealthy, but the rest of us will have huge waiting periods, suffer physically and emotionally all because this issue has been ill managed and it's a power grab on some politicians part.

I won't even get into how we are being made ill on purpose so as to drive up the need for medical treatment and lifelong need for drugs. What has happened to our food, drugs, and medical system is very sad.

Why would the insurance companies go for this? A. They will drop people who are costing them too much. B. They will have a HUGE market for small specialty plans which will be tempting to get once people see the need due to the ridiculous health care debacle we will soon face! Pharm loves this because all drugs will be paid for, and they will make money!!!! Of course we will be a ruined nation due to over taxation and loss of jobs, but hey, they will get rich in the meantime.

Last edited by Unified Serenity; 08-14-2009 at 06:12 PM.
Old 08-14-2009, 06:23 PM   #23
mntruthseeker
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Just pointing out that Moveon's 3 million group has been working w/ Conyers for a while on the Healthcare issue & I do believe it was since Sicko came out.....Feel what you want....

Also, La Rouche people (whom do some controversial research & don't get sued over it as it is true....i.e. that Bnai Brith is run not by Jews but by Jesuits....)) say that Public Option would take care of the medical costs...It would WORK....what they ARE concerned with is that it might be carved out of the final bill unless ALL stand & push it thru.....

And in regards to Sharp or any other spiritualist....Did you know that we are all Spirit having a physical experience(Game,illusion,etc...)...We are really eternal beings walking as Humans as we experience all experiences....and learn many things....

We are all spirits.............Yes, and I will try very hard to explain my position to you without stepping on your toes. MoveON is a fraud ! They act as they are doing something for us, but I will not longer take their word as "facevalue" .

Nothing they say will resonate as truth to me.

The world will do very well without this healthcare bill which s/b called. The Death Penalty..............thats how I read it.

I am not afraid of dying................I see this as another way for them to depopulate the world to control the people. We are too big for them and they do not like it.
Old 08-14-2009, 06:26 PM   #24
mntruthseeker
Avalon Senior Member

I feel so good because we are winning when we can get someone like Michelle Bachman to stand up for us.....................we are way ahead of this game

Old 08-14-2009, 06:36 PM   #25
mntruthseeker
Avalon Senior Member

UNIFIED SERENITY.......................................... ........

Excellent post. My daughter deals with insurance companies all the time. She has worked for 7 doctors for I forget how many years but she is very familiar with the mark ups. She works with patients and claims through Insurance Co.

The only real Insurance Co that is not included in al lthis is Blue Cross/ Blue Shield. That is why to have their service you will pay alot more up front.