Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 01-15-2010, 03:00 AM   #1
raulduke
Avalon Senior Member

Talking Everything's Amazing, Nobody's Happy

Louis C. K. breaks down how technology is spoiling us.

I've been thinking about this recently, the differences in my life, say 12 years ago versus today. Today, I loose my **** if I accidentally leave the house without my cell phone or ipod or whatever, back then I'd be out all day with nothing in my pockets except a few bucks. Back then, I knew people's phone #s, everybody's. Today, I struggle to come up with 4 that I know by heart.

Of course this is comedy, and there's alot of generalizations, but I think there's some interesting underlying truths there, like the tendancy to expect too much. The sense of entitlement is something I see regularly, which strangely makes me, a 27 year old guy, feel like my grandpa. I sometimes wanna grab some of the kids i see these days (or even people my own age) whining about really petty stuff, and shake some sense into them. I'm a bartender, and the other day I overheard this girl flipping out because she was having trouble uploading the picture she just took, to her facebook page! I could only laugh to myself, as it seemed everyone else present, could relate.

"Maybe we need some time where we're walking around with a donkey with pots clanging on it's sides."
raulduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 03:10 AM   #2
fitzy3400
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Everything's Amazing, Nobody's Happy

I totally agree with this. I'm a 33 yr old graphic designer and if my boss doesn't get my email right after i send it, he flips out. seriously, wtf is that?

DUDE Its going to space! lol.
fitzy3400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 12:48 PM   #3
Stardustaquarion
Avalon Senior Member

I think technology is good in balance but the problem of unhappiness has nothing to do with technology

If we are not happy inside ourselves...nothing will make us happy

Cheers
PS that means that we are the ones that have to find out why we are not happy...
Stardustaquarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 01:57 PM   #4
Steven
Avalon Senior Member

When technological evolution is faster than spiritual/psychic evolution, technology becomes a crutch... There is a real danger to slow down our spiritual/psychic evolution because of this crutch.

We could achieve many things with our own spiritual/psychic abilities without the help of technology. That is why it is very important as a race to never let the path of inner evolution.

Namaste, Steven
Steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 02:18 PM   #5
lovepromoter
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven View Post
When technological evolution is faster than spiritual/psychic evolution, technology becomes a crutch... There is a real danger to slow down our spiritual/psychic evolution because of this crutch.

We could achieve many things with our own spiritual/psychic abilities without the help of technology. That is why it is very important as a race to never let the path of inner evolution.

Namaste, Steven
awesome mate, this is exactly the sort of point that needed to be made. The use of technology in our everyday lives can steal from us a great deal of experience, many people would rather visit the apple computer store than go to the florist, or even witness the majestic process of the apple tree it self, why because we have become incapable of relating to the marvell of LIFE. The borg agenda by lenon honor was a real eye opener for me, it really makes you question technology and how as inter dimensional entities capable of the materialisation of anything we so wish and desire, technology is more important and precious to us than our own body, our soul and of course our spiritual evolution. If it can help us, that is fine, but technology will never 'evolve' us, it eases the body too much and offers spirit and soul too little.

Pea's and the good stuff to all
lovepromoter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 02:40 PM   #6
housemouse2
Avalon Senior Member

Technology has removed the ability to think independently. It has become an artificial mind. No one even knows the phone numbers, they are all in the cell phones memory.

people depend on credit cards to elevate their standard of living thinking they just need to make the min in order to keep the card active, not pay off the debt. They don't even see it as debt but rather as income.

the ability to bank and do commerce via ATM/computers has taken away basic human interaction leaving a number of people totally inapt to carry a basic conversation without sounding retarded.

The alphabet soup of codes commonly used like: LOL, ROTFLMAO, LMAO, OMG, ect has also left a generation with little communication skills, lack of vocabulary and a crutch on technology for discover basic things.

Technology is great. You can use the web to chat with people, find homemade family recipes, find alternate news sources, bank, buy, find facts, ect.

But the price of this is a self entitlement attitude, lack of daily living skills, lack of human interaction, and total ignorance for the world around them.

Technology has dumbed us down. We are complicit to the computer, the phone and the banking industry. We are becoming automated robots.
housemouse2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 08:16 AM   #7
raulduke
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardustaquarion View Post
I think technology is good in balance but the problem of unhappiness has nothing to do with technology.
Right, that's pretty much what this was all about, the idea that technology is created to make our lives easier, but in many cases, on a basic level, people's lives are arguably more complicated then they were even 20 years ago.

I don't think many would directly associate their happiness with technology, but they do, consciously or not, seek simplicity in a complicated life, and as alot of tech stuff is advertised as "making your life simpler [easier]" they come to expect that to be the case, and seemingly never realise that they continue going in the opposite direction that they are striving towards. When combined with a strong sense of materialsim, it can become a real spiral. It's a bummer to witness, as they seems somewhat for lack of a better word, zombified, infatuated with the latest tech, always hoping it will be just a bit better.

Quote:
We could achieve many things with our own spiritual/psychic abilities without the help of technology.
I've often wondered about that too, like how far is it (tech) supposed to go? It seems like we're trying to replicate telepathy with things like the interenet. I sometimes wonder if it's a poor substitue for the real thing, and if it's possibly holding us back from achieving the real thing somehow.
raulduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 12:57 PM   #8
whitefluffy
Avalon Senior Member

In response to this thread, i think George Carlin (R.I.P) sums it up brilliantly,
ENJOY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcq11E-VazQ
whitefluffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 03:00 PM   #9
Steven
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raulduke View Post
...I've often wondered about that too, like how far is it (tech) supposed to go? It seems like we're trying to replicate telepathy with things like the interenet. I sometimes wonder if it's a poor substitue for the real thing, and if it's possibly holding us back from achieving the real thing somehow.
I think your reflexion is right on the spot Raulduke. No wonder why many technologic advancement have been brought by the very same alliance of aliens perpetrating a secretive intervention on Earth. According to Philip Corso, who has writen a book on the subject, we use many little technological toys in our day-to-day life that have been back engeneered from alien technology.

More to pounder...

Namaste, Steven
Steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 03:09 PM   #10
Stargazer1965
Hall Monitor

Quote:
I think your reflexion is right on the spot Raulduke. No wonder why many technologic advancement have been brought by the very same alliance of aliens perpetrating a secretive intervention on Earth. According to Philip Corso, who has writen a book on the subject, we use many little technological toys in our day-to-day life that have been back engeneered from alien technology.

More to pounder...

Namaste, Steven
They pander cheap imitations of what can be...Peace
Stargazer1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 04:10 PM   #11
pineal-pilot-in merkabah
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:

Namaste, Steven
i agree , i have stopped using my mobile phone virtually. i have not put credit on it for nearly a year now. noticing the little synchronicities in life is very subtle and can be easily missed by over use of technology.

i found that the time of first thought through to manifestation was about 2 weeks in 2009 for me. id think hmmm im gonna build a woodshed next and a kennel, i hope some free wood turns up soon. low and behold a friend turns up with exactly enough scrap wood to build my woodstore.

i then needed a gutter to fit to it, someone else turned up with a random peice of guttering that was exactly the right lenght and with 4 brackets to fit it , which was the number i needed btw, this happened to me all year long.

the only thing i use my phone for is to check the time and it was always 9.33, 6.44, 3.33, 2.22 and so on.. technology masks the ability to see the synchronicities that are going on around us in an ever increasing manner..
pineal-pilot-in merkabah is offline   Reply With Quote