Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 11-13-2008, 06:59 AM   #1
Hypnotize
Avalon Senior Member

Default deja vu, what does it mean?

what exactly does experiencing deja vu mean? I've heard that it has something to do with past lives but I'm not sure. I ask because I experience this many times a day every day, I always have, and I'm curious if theres something more to it than just an odd feeling.
Hypnotize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 12:07 PM   #2
Steve_A
Project Avalon Moderator

Default Re: deja vu, what does it mean?

Hi Hypnotize,

Déjà vu ; French; "already seen"; also called "paramnesia," from Greek παρα "para," "near" + μνήμη "mnēmē," "memory") is the experience of feeling sure that one has witnessed or experienced a new situation previously (an individual feels as though an event has already happened or has happened in the near past).

You can find out more at this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D%C3%A9j%C3%A0_vu

I'm sure that you would have already seen it...

Best regards,

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotize View Post
what exactly does experiencing deja vu mean? I've heard that it has something to do with past lives but I'm not sure. I ask because I experience this many times a day every day, I always have, and I'm curious if theres something more to it than just an odd feeling.
Steve_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 12:40 PM   #3
Antaletriangle
Avalon Senior Member

Some scientific schools of thought state through their studies in Deja vu concerns one side of the brain working at a slightly faster rate than the other side-one tenth of a second or so-so what you think you've seen you actually have.I don't know personally as i believe in a divine consciousness-but you never know it maybe a correct theory.
Antaletriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 12:51 PM   #4
Deoxyan

i sometimes think deja vu happens when we in the past imagined the situation that we experienced in reality.
Old 11-13-2008, 12:56 PM   #5
Harper
Avalon Senior Member

Scientifically speaking I've also heard something similar to antaletriangle, that instead of passing through your shortterm memory an image goes straight to your long term memory making you believe that you have already witnessed the event or image etc....

I don't know though, I've always felt (and I do not have anything to back this up with) that at that split second when it happens that an aspect of yourself living a slightly different version of reality to you somehow is doing the same thing, or is in the same situation just on a different plane.

Don't know if it helps, but could make your experience more acceptable when it happens- basically you are just running into yourself and you could say hi :-)
Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 01:05 PM   #6
Antaletriangle
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harper View Post
Scientifically speaking I've also heard something similar to antaletriangle, that instead of passing through your shortterm memory an image goes straight to your long term memory making you believe that you have already witnessed the event or image etc....

I don't know though, I've always felt (and I do not have anything to back this up with) that at that split second when it happens that an aspect of yourself living a slightly different version of reality to you somehow is doing the same thing, or is in the same situation just on a different plane.

Don't know if it helps, but could make your experience more acceptable when it happens- basically you are just running into yourself and you could say hi :-)
Hi there yeah,ther's also apsychological term called'jamais vu' never seen in which is used to describe any familiar situation which is not recognized by the observer??!!Wild man...
http://www.sccs.swarthmore.edu/users.../jamaisvu.html

When you're in a situation talking to someone you know and they become unfamiliar to you!!
Antaletriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 01:30 PM   #7
ABHA
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotize View Post
It means... they've changed something in the matrix...!

rrruuunnnnnn!
ABHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 07:37 PM   #8
One 66
Avalon Senior Member

For me it's just personal confirmation that I am on my "right" path... that everything is as it should be. Usually it's when things come to me in dreams then I experience these things in real life or what Deoxyan said, "i sometimes think deja vu happens when we in the past imagined the situation that we experienced in reality."

One 66
One 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 07:55 PM   #9
Elephant Man
Avalon Senior Member

de ja vu is cool

da ja vu is cool
Elephant Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 08:10 PM   #10
Alcyone11
Avalon Senior Member

I experience it often, especially when facing more or less important decisions.
It's like changing timelines when deciding which way to go...
This link explains more:

http://www.in2worlds.net/dejavus
Alcyone11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 11:41 PM   #11
macrostheblack
Avalon Senior Member

Smile Re: deja vu, what does it mean?

One 66 is correct. Hi to all here, this is a great thread.

When one reaches the completion of some part of their journey here - a marker is met. A recollection from when you reviewed this life before coming here. To experience Deja vu is to know you are on the right track. To theorise that it is past life related is partially true. This lifes aim is to clear up certain errors (or add to areas of promise) and these markers are placed to give you encouragement.

Macros
macrostheblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 12:59 AM   #12
KassandraLoves
Avalon Senior Member

I get deja vu ALL the time.

And I just call it a bit of CELL MEMORY that seeps through a bit.

I think the "forgetting" that we experience to incarnate here can have little itty bitty holes in it here and there. Since, as I believe, we plan a lot of little details of our inacarnations, its the memory of that poking through. Your "spirit" is hard to cage and it indeed will peep in sometimes and confuse you. (I imagine that deja vu is just a glimpse of what our souls memory feels like after we die.)

Thats why your like, "DUDE! Ive done this before!" Because, well, you did. Its a very profound feeling, isnt it? And normally your profound feelings are spot on. So why Disagree with myself when I feel like I already saw exactly what i was looking at? I DID SEE IT BEFORE because I painstakingly planned my life out to see how I would apply my free will to it.

I like Deja Vu. Makes me know Im doing what I am supposed to be doing...

Just my 3 cents.
KassandraLoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 05:23 AM   #13
Gabe Gabriel
Avalon Senior Member

Kassandra has 3 cents but i only have 2.

it could be that the deja vu experience is simply a "pulling back of the veil of forgetfulness" that we all have when born here on earth, and when the deja vu happens to you it is your spirit man's memory as well as your physical mans memory seeing at the same time.

In other words, it is the "spirit you" remembering something that you did exactly the same in the "world that was" before this current world we now live in.

See i warned you i only had 2 cents.
Gabe Gabriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 07:00 AM   #14
JesterTerrestrial
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elephant Man View Post
de ja vu is cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elephant Man View Post
de ja vu is cool

No really that made me laugh twice, I think. Just a glitch in the matrix
JesterTerrestrial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 05:44 AM   #15
bostonirish22
Avalon Senior Member

Would you consider Deja Vu getting a thought about something before it happens and then it does?
Cause that happens to me all the time. Like last Sunday in church for instance, I was sitting next to my friends, and listening to the reader, and just being off in my own little world like usual, and all of a sudden, a church song came into my head, one that we usually sing during the Eucharist, and this was in like the first 5 minutes of mass, and then later during mass, the song that came into my head was played, out of the 1000 songs in the hymnal. And as they played this song, I was just like, 'oh I knew it.' Cause this happens to me a lot.
But for some reason, I don't know if this would exactly be considered Deja Vu.
bostonirish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 09:32 PM   #16
Reunite
Avalon Senior Member

JesterTerrestrial hit the nail on the head. It's just a glitch in the Matrix. If linear time is just an illusion in the holographic universe the only time is NOW. We perceive time only as a result of memory. Take away our memory we could not detect time, we would exist only for the moment. So have we lived out our lives already? if there is no past or present based on a circular curve of time it explains the glitch of deja vu flashing to our consciousness.

deja vu is a result of space-time continuum. See my thread if the topic interests you.

http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=7719

Take care my friends
Reunite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 01:44 PM   #17
Nebula

"oopps there it goes again"

"i have seen this before" or "i have experienced this before"

oh deja vu! there u go
Old 11-30-2008, 04:14 PM   #18
GaiaLove
Avalon Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by One 66 View Post
For me it's just personal confirmation that I am on my "right" path... that everything is as it should be. Usually it's when things come to me in dreams then I experience these things in real life or what Deoxyan said, "i sometimes think deja vu happens when we in the past imagined the situation that we experienced in reality."
One 66
That's it exactly for me as well. I have vivid dreams and remember them regardless if I understand them. Some of those dreams became reality years later. Peoples faces, places even family members that weren't born but seen in the dreams came to be, the moment of recognition and correlation to the past dream with current reality is "deja vu" and has caused me to be alot more analytical of dreams I'm having nowadays (which I rarely do lately)

Click here to chat LIVE with other members of Avalon
GaiaLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 06:13 PM   #19
futureyes
Avalon Senior Member

i've experienced deja vu all my life and i used to think i knew things previously and then experience the same at a later time, those were very quick glimpses

but they have evolved from mere glimpses to mini movies, i can watch everything unfold exactly as i have known it for ten minutes sometimes

it is an odd experience, sometimes it feels like i've jumped tracks and am participating in two separate lives at the exact same time, that i can alter whatever i wish, i've always though stood back and simply watched it unfold, the experience is so profound

feels like i'm standing on top of two separate trains travelling in the same direction at the same time at the same speed, that i've got one foot on one and one on the other ...

i experience them both but in that moment or many moments, i just don't know which train to get back on, feels like time gets suspended for so long

i love it, takes me somewhere in between, not here, not there ... suspended in time, or lack of it
futureyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 10:46 PM   #20
ayadew
Avalon Senior Member

"Scientifically" Deja Vu is: the experience of feeling sure that one has witnessed or experienced a new situation previously (an individual feels as though an event has already happened or has happened in the near past).

My life currently feels like I'm walking in Deja Vu, might be because we're close to 2012 or something, I don't know.
They've increased from perhaps a few a year to once a day. But I've felt many spiritual changes lately. And I've seen it in others.

It's both truly frightening and fantastic, but I don't know if I'm living life in the -present- anymore
ayadew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 11:09 PM   #21
futureyes
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayadew View Post
"Scientifically" Deja Vu is: the experience of feeling sure that one has witnessed or experienced a new situation previously (an individual feels as though an event has already happened or has happened in the near past).

My life currently feels like I'm walking in Deja Vu, might be because we're close to 2012 or something, I don't know.
They've increased from perhaps a few a year to once a day. But I've felt many spiritual changes lately. And I've seen it in others.

It's both truly frightening and fantastic, but I don't know if I'm living life in the -present- anymore

i hear you, nothing is ever as it once was, every day evolves exponentially

never fear it, allow it to give you wings ... wear them and fly!

enjoy your flight ...

futureyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 12:08 AM   #22
Suriel

Wink Re: deja vu, what does it mean?

Deja Vu could be an event you have done before. And being aware of this crossroads in your spiritual journey, you now have the opportunity to do something different to make another new discovery or direction in the next life which is this one. Sounds a little sci-fi. lol.

Peace,
Suriel
Old 12-01-2008, 10:03 AM   #23
uniconr
Avalon Senior Member

literally sci fi:
to quote thurston moore distilling pk dick,

your spirit is time reversed to your body
stereographic mixup, field on field
it starts growing up the day your body dies
only apparently, real to irreal
uniconr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 07:28 PM   #24
Marcus Knudsen
Avalon Senior Member

Gurudeva said that a deja vu happened because when we sleep and do not remember any dreams etc, we are some of the time planning our future and therefore look at our future to see what will happen. So When we get a deja vu, we HAVE actually seen it before, but in a state that we do not normally acces in our daytime state.
Marcus Knudsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 10:10 PM   #25
ayadew
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by futureyes View Post
enjoy your flight ...

I will, my friend =) Same to you, and everyone else
ayadew is offline   Reply With Quote