Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Project Camelot General Discussion

Notices

Project Camelot General Discussion Reactions, feedback and suggestions on interviews, current events and experiences.

Old 12-18-2009, 03:20 PM   #1
Scarab
Banned

Default Nebraska fireballs and earthquakes...weird

CURIOUS EVENTS IN NEBRASKA: Earthquakes don't rock Nebraska very often. In fact, seismically speaking, it is one of the quietest places in North America. Nevertheless, on Dec. 16th at 8:54 pm CST, USGS seismographs detected a magnitude 3.5 temblor centered near Auburn, Nebraska:

Click to view earthquake details and Nebraska seismic probabilities

"It sounded like those loud grain haulers that drive by, but about five times louder," reports Laurie Riley, who lives near the epicenter. "The whole house shook. My kids came running down stairs – they were scared. It even moved my car, [which was parked outside on icy ground]."

And then the really curious thing happened.

Minutes after the quake, around 9 pm CST, lightning-like flashes lit up the skies around the area of the quake. Telephones in police departments and TV stations rang with reports of bright lights, loud rumbles and shaking ground. Sky watchers, not only in southeastern Nebraska, but also in neighboring Oklahoma, Missouri and Kansas, saw a "bright fireball" with "green streamers" moving from northwest to southeast.

http://spaceweather.com
Scarab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 03:44 PM   #2
mntruthseeker
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Nebraska fireballs and earthquakes...weird

that really is strange. More and likely HARP

Interesting story, thanks for sharing.........
mntruthseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 04:58 PM   #3
GaiaLove
Avalon Administrator

Very interesting indeed, I have heard about "ball lightning" that occasionally accompanies earthquakes but this seems different.

Eyewitness Accounts:

Comments: Nebraska State Trooper Jerry Chab: "At 2100 CST tonight a very bright meteor lit up the entire completely overcast sky like lightning in southeast Nebraska. It flashed for approximately 1.5-2 seconds and was followed by sonic booms and ground shaking which prompted many calls by the public to law enforcement in a three County wide area."

"I was approximately 5 miles NW of Pawnee City, Ne. when I observed the flashes," Chab continues. "It was a very bright one, the sky dimmed a bit and it was followed by another bright flash. Between the two bright flashes the sky never completely dimmed. Again, this all occurred within 1.5-2 seconds. I talked to a truck driver who was approx. 8 miles straight East of me who saw the same thing. A local Deputy was about 16 miles ENE of me and also saw it. The first 911 call came at 2201. The calls were about explosions AND earthquakes. One individual call mentioned 'two' explosions. I attributed the calls to sonic booms."
"If the Earthquake is confirmed, as it appears to be, I think we have the most cosmic of coincidences: A large fireball around the same time of an Earthquake. I am simply amazed!!"

Nebraska City, Nebraska (near Auburn, Nebraska)
Comments: Laurie Riley: "It sounded like the loud grain haulers that go by but about 5 times louder. The whole house shook. The kids came running down stairs – they were scared. The only thing I noticed last night is my vehicle was moved – since it’s been snowing and ice out, I park backwards and park with two tires on my sidewalk for traction and after the quake, it shook my vehicle so the back tire slide off the sidewalk and the front tire was almost off. It lasted about 5 seconds or so. Very loud rumble."

Comments: Doug Kniffen: "My daughter and I saw the fireball from east central Missouri (Warren County). 9:05pm on my wristwatch (set to WWV). The fireball appeared about magnitude -6, with distinctly green streamers outlining the tail. Certainly an impressive sight, sure wish I had a picture. Very low apparent altitude, would have missed it if the trees hadn't dropped their leaves. Told my daughter that there was a good chance of fresh meterorites in Nebraska. Nice to know that my estimate of a fall zone was close."

Comments:
Rich Cartier: "Sitting in a well-lit living room watching TV, I noticed out the east-facing living room window a bright fireball heading from northwest to southeast. It lasted about 2 seconds with a bright flash at the end. It was remarkable, since it was overcast, and I was in a bright room, yet it still caught my eye."

Comments:
Alan Howarter: "At about 9:06 pm on Wednesday, December 16, 2009 I was driving North and witnessed what appeared to be a very bright meteor toward the northeast that lit up for a couple of seconds."
Comments: Rick Foster: "I saw a huge green fireball at 9:03 pm from Oklahoma City almost due north. Very low on horizon. Looked like it was moving NW to SE. I was in my truck driving north on I-35. It was very large, green with orange sparks and very short tail."

Click here to chat LIVE with other members of Avalon
GaiaLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 05:29 PM   #4
Scarab
Banned

Quote:
If the Earthquake is confirmed, as it appears to be, I think we have the most cosmic of coincidences: A large fireball around the same time of an Earthquake.
Saw that guy's quote in the article.

Earthquake in Nebraska. VERY rare. 3.5 Earthquake. Not HUGE, but significant.

Fireball with green streamers. Unheard of.

Happening simultaneously and a cop (works for the government, takes orders from the government) hits the news with "cosmic coincidence"?

So what is it they don't want you to know?
Old 12-18-2009, 05:32 PM   #5
Céline
Avalon Senior Member

No pictures? i find that surprising...
Céline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 05:36 PM   #6
waitinginthewings
Avalon Senior Member

Sounds like HAARP to me......is there a HAARP somewhere in that area, anyone know?
waitinginthewings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 05:42 PM   #7
Scarab
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Céline View Post
Probably happened pretty fast.

But appears to be seen from as far away as Idaho and Oklahoma.

I don't think haarp makes fireballs. Fireballs are made of plasma.
Old 12-18-2009, 05:49 PM   #8
ewhite
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Céline View Post

I would imagine one would need a good amount of luck to take a photo of something like this. It would be like photographing lightning strikes, but unlike photographing lightning one would not have multiple chances....
ewhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 06:28 PM   #9
Marian-Librarian
Project Avalon Researcher

Here's a link to a great site with more info on the quake:

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquak...af.php#details
Marian-Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 06:45 PM   #10
Marian-Librarian
Project Avalon Researcher

This site suggests that a large release of methane gas could cause fireballs...
(info is about 1/3 of the way on the page.)

So, while rare, it seems not impossible that the gas might have caused this fireball, as when the plates shift with earthquakes, some gas may have been released, causing the fireball.

In any cause, I'm sure glad I don't live in NE!

http://www.volcano.si.edu/world/vol_...20of%20Marmara
Marian-Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 07:52 PM   #11
saxapower
Avalon Senior Member

One or two months ago I saw a TV show where they said that sometimes earthquakes are "announced" by something similar to "balls of fire" or "balls of light" because of changes in Electro-Magnetic field in that area...

The show was about St. Paul. He was a roman tax collector and was in his way to Damasc. Then a bolt of light striked him followed by an earthquake et voilà! He turned the most catholic person in the world.
saxapower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 07:56 PM   #12
waitinginthewings
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarab View Post
Probably happened pretty fast.

But appears to be seen from as far away as Idaho and Oklahoma.

I don't think haarp makes fireballs. Fireballs are made of plasma.
HAARP may not cause fireballs, but they can cause earthquakes among other things. As Marian pointed out, the fireballs probably came from released methane due to the earthquake.
waitinginthewings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 08:35 PM   #13
Nebula9D
Avalon Senior Member

This is quite interesting. This sounds alot like a alien fight. Lightening and spaceships.
Nebula9D is offline   Reply With Quote