Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Economy and Currency

Notices

Old 09-30-2008, 12:01 AM   #101
OceanWinds

Default Re: Breaking news, stocks plunge,$700bn plan rejected!

right on ... way to go America
Old 09-30-2008, 12:14 AM   #102
yettyn
Avalon Senior Member

Clearly, interests are pushing on to create panic trying to make the scale tip over, forcing the meltdown to eat through the floor, and where do you think you will find your self if that happens?

Well it will fail, just so you know. Don't fall for the games played out here and at other places, just sit still in the boat as it's not time - yet.
yettyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 12:18 AM   #103
LOCOAZ2008
Avalon Senior Member

Exclamation Re: Breaking news, stocks plunge,$700bn plan rejected!

The Voice of the White House

Washington, D.C., September 26, 2008: “After 9/11, George Bush decided to put some hair on his sunken chest and fight a nice big war. The oil people and the Neocons whispered into his hairy ears that he could invade Iraq, save Precious Israel from an enemy and get all kinds of oil for the both of them. George is a nasty piece of work and as crooked as they come so he jammed an Imperial War Decree through a terrified Congress with ease. Now, with other friends of his, the crooked slimeball bankers, in danger of imminent meltdown due to their thievery, George has tried to jam another Imperial Decree through Congress. This one would give him huge amounts of money, unsupervised as to use, and make the docile American people eat the bill. This time a thoroughly discredited Bush has failed in his efforts on behalf of his friends and the American public has become aroused and infuriated to the point where another terrified Congress is refusing to heed the thoroughly discredited Bush. What will eventually happen, no one knows, but we now see that the Bush/Rove Might Republican Machine has run out of gas by the side of the highway and its crew of rodents are fleeing into the nearby woods for protection.

And may I give you several pieces of what I consider sound advice? First, if you have any extra money in one of the bigger banks, take it out and put it in a shoe box in your closet. If these banks start to collapse suddenly, which they are very likely to do, even the Government can’t supply them and their branches with enough paper to cover deposits. The second thought is to take some extra money, assuming you have any, and buy gold with it. Get this from a reputable coin dealer and buy older European gold coins like British Sovereigns and Half Sovereigns, French or Swiss francs. Keep away from weird gold from small countries…very hard to sell if you need to….and never, never buy gold and let some big company help you out by insisting they will store it in their “safe vaults.” Hah! And off to Aruba with them for sun and fun and their loot into Lichtenstein banks. Keep the money where you can get at it. Banks can no longer be trusted as we have found out the hard way.”

http://www.tbrnews.org/Archives/a2878.htm

US Mint suspends sale of 24-karat gold coins

By MARTIN CRUTSINGER (AP Economics Writer)

From Associated Press

September 26, 2008 2:52 PM EDT

WASHINGTON - The U.S. Mint is temporarily halting sales of its popular American Buffalo 24-karat gold coins because it cannot keep up with soaring demand as investors seek the safety of gold in these turbulent economic times.

Mint spokesman Michael White said Friday that the sales were being suspended because demand for the coins, which were first introduced in 2006, has exceeded supply and the Mint's inventory of the coins has been depleted.

The Mint had to temporarily suspend sales of its American Eagle one-ounce (28 gram) gold coins on Aug. 15 and then later that month announced sales of the American Eagle coins would resume under an allocation program to designated dealers.

White said the Mint expected to soon start distributing available Buffalo gold coins through a similar allocation program.

PEACE & LOVE
LOCOAZ2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 12:31 AM   #104
yettyn
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChooseYourLifeNow View Post
Here is Ron Paul's take on the situation. I love him so!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFh6P...orliberty.com/
Well I must say I am not sure about this guy, from a perspective outside of US, don't forget that this guy, if I have understood it correctly, are up for re-election to the Congress, also that he tried to run for President... and you may be blinded by the light there but from here it's pretty clear that you need quite a bit of money to even start to think about it...

He might be genuine although he doesn't strike me as someone with a perspective beyond 2012
yettyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 01:05 AM   #105
zorgon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dood View Post
So what is next?
I am a bit more then nervose about all of this...
Well I went to WAMU this morning and found the doors ope... business as usual... accounts intact and my mortgage safe..

The only hint was a form letter from the new CEO that says things will be fine...

So all the panic last thursday seems to be gone

Now then the stack market DOWN?

Well get yer butts out of that chair and buy some stocks while you can. Any GOOD company will survive and rise again... its happened before will happen again...

BUT THIS TIME The average Joe can pick up a deal because you don't need huge minimums like during previous crashes...

Get out there and get rich

Errrr anyone got a few grand they can spare? I have this deal....
Old 09-30-2008, 01:25 AM   #106
MargueriteBee
Avalon Senior Member

What if something wonderful comes out of this? What could actually happen that is on the positive side?
MargueriteBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 01:42 AM   #107
LOCOAZ2008
Avalon Senior Member

Exclamation Re: Breaking news, stocks plunge,$700bn plan rejected!

Long term success does not depend upon the positive things that happen to you, but on how you handle adversity.

-Common theme in several notable quotes

Governments everywhere have been slow, and some politicians have been unequivocally unwise. Those in the real estate, mortgage banking, insurance and investment communities who started the mortgage and derivative scandal that we have warned of for six years are to blame, and will carry the stigma for the remainder of their lives. Many will go to jail. Let us hope that we can avoid a great depression, but for now the wise course of action is to continue to protect yourselves

TO PROTECT YOURSELVES

How? In our opinion, you should hold your cash in excess of insured levels in treasury bills, and not money market funds. Hold 10% to 20% gold. Where possible, work to hold assets in private banking institutions where legal documents state that the client assets are not commingled with the assets of the firm or any other depositor. We believe that this is critical. Some people want access to trade via their computer on a daily basis, but typically the firms that provide cheap trades and instant computer access do not provide legal safeguards against commingling that private banks provide.

IT SHOULD BE OBVIOUS BY NOW THAT GOVERNMENTS ARE NOT HONEST WITH THEIR PEOPLE

The U.S. has been in a recession for months, and the only reason that the statistics don't show it is that they are using an inflation number that is much too low. If the real inflation number were to be inserted, we would see that U.S. economic growth is negative...and has been for a long time. Total growth minus inflation is real growth. If total growth is 3% and inflation is 4%, then growth is negative. Currently, total growth is 3%, and they are saying inflation is 1%. This is patently absurd. Some other countries are honest about recession. Recently, New Zealand and Ireland admitted to being in recession. Much of Europe is in recession, and only the Chinese, Brazilian, Indian, and a few emerging economies are growing on a real basis. The question is how much longer can this last?

PEACE & LOVE
LOCOAZ2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 02:37 AM   #108
777 The Great Work
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudhog92 View Post
It needs to collapse so we can rebuild a system that works . . .
No more systems
777 The Great Work is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 03:13 AM   #109
d. macaluso
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777 The Great Work View Post
No more systems
renouncing circulatory, digestive, central nervous also? please. humanity's constructs are the outcroppings of Universe's expression via biological systems. humankind's world is the world of nature. like a leaf is an extension of a branch and a branch an extension of a trunk.
d. macaluso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 03:25 AM   #110
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

xxx

Last edited by THE eXchanger; 09-21-2009 at 04:27 AM.
THE eXchanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 04:18 AM   #111
mudhog92
Avalon Senior Member

777, how about no more institutions? ...or poor intentions, or greed, or hypocrisy, or judgement, or jealousy, or anger....any of it could work with the right intentions, but at this level of the game, those with the 'right' intentions are too few and far between. Even on this forum....
mudhog92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 05:19 AM   #112
ranma187
Avalon Senior Member

i will laugh if they try to blame the crash on the american taxpayers since they won't be bailing those suckers out.
ranma187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 05:35 AM   #113
Morgan
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranma187 View Post
i will laugh if they try to blame the crash on the american taxpayers since they won't be bailing those suckers out.
Yeah, it will be the fault of the common people! They brought it on themselves, right??
Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 05:44 AM   #114
RubyTuesday
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yettyn View Post
Well I must say I am not sure about this guy, from a perspective outside of US, don't forget that this guy, if I have understood it correctly, are up for re-election to the Congress, also that he tried to run for President... and you may be blinded by the light there but from here it's pretty clear that you need quite a bit of money to even start to think about it...

He might be genuine although he doesn't strike me as someone with a perspective beyond 2012
http://www.ronpaullibrary.org/
More than 1,000 of his speeches and articles published there. He's the real deal and always has been. He only votes in alignment w/our Constitution. There have been countless votes were the final tally was 434-1. He was the 1 dissenting. That's why they call him Dr. No (that plus he has delivered over 4000 babies) .Year after year, vote after vote...never yielding to the corruption. He doesn't take part in the pension program for Congress. He always returns part of his budget back to the treasury. He believes all troops should come home NOW from every base in the world. He has not been bought and lobbyists don't even bother with him anymore. He's amazing.
RubyTuesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 06:32 AM   #115
PaladiN

Angry Re: Breaking news, stocks plunge,$700bn plan rejected!

This realy sux for me, if I sell now I will lose almost half what I paid for my shares ages ago, bloody america sort this **** out now!
I need the market to get back its gains damnit every day they delay this bailout is costing me big!

Soon I will have nothing left
Old 09-30-2008, 07:14 AM   #116
Brinty
Avalon Senior Member

Smile Re: Breaking news, stocks plunge,$700bn plan rejected!

Quote:
Originally Posted by d. macaluso View Post
renouncing circulatory, digestive, central nervous also? please. humanity's constructs are the outcroppings of Universe's expression via biological systems. humankind's world is the world of nature. like a leaf is an extension of a branch and a branch an extension of a trunk.
And to carry that analogy one step further, a trunk is an extension of something I haven't had in the last 20 years.

But, seriously, think back over mankind's history to before the "Industrial Revolution" in the late 18th and early 19th centuries. There were supposedly only two classes of society - upper and lower. Thanks to that revolution, a middle class was developed. In a nutshell, before that revolution, the lower classes worked and struggled to earn enough to clothe and feed themselves while the upper classes lived the high life on the backs of their hard working and underpaid slaves.

Someone asked how we are going to live in a world without electrical services. It won't be easy, but mankind had done it for thousands of years. This is a wake-up call. Go to your library, get out books on self sufficiency - how to prepare the land for planting, how to tend the crops, how to use nature to find water - the list of possibilities is almost endless.

If you can find a copy, John Seymour's "The Complete Book of Self-Sufficiency" is a good start. It was first published in Great Britain by Faber and Faber in 1976. ISBN 0 571 11095 9. It is truely a wonderful book and a "MUST HAVE" for any group who wishes to be independent of bureaucracy.

BUT, like that old advertisement for a brand of hair conditioner, "It won't happen over night, but it will happen." So go look for that book now and start to practise what it says. It will help to keep you busy and focused while the rest of the world is running around like a chook with its head cut off.
Brinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 09:01 AM   #117
peaceandlove
Avalon Senior Member

This was a comment posted at Ron Paul's campaignforliberty.com website today. The new and improved campaignforliberty.com debuts tomorrow. Check it out.

Ron Paul did introduce a bill back in June to abolish the Fed. You can search for a copy of it on his website: campaignforliberty.com

EVERYONE LISTEN UP THE VOTE IS MEANINGLESS. THE FED DOES NOT NEED CONGRESSES APPROVAL. THEY STILL MADE 600 BILLION OUT OF THIN AIR TODAY. THE ONLY THING TO STOP THE FED IS TO ABOLISH IT. IN APRIL 2008 GWB GAVE THE FED TOTAL CONTROLL OVER ALL MONETARY POLICY. WE LOST OUR FREEDOM IN APRIL. SITE MANAGER TELL THESE PEOPLE THE TRUTH. THIS VOTE DOES NOT MEAN A THING. HERE IS A LINK IF YOU DON’T BELIEVE ME. http://www.jbs.org/index.php/jbs-new...ederal-reserve STOP BEING SHEEP.
peaceandlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 09:31 AM   #118
Steve_A
Project Avalon Moderator

Hi zorgon,

I'm sure that the CEO from WAMU will not scream, "Run for the hills! - it's over!!." But that's another story.

I agree with you about buying cheap stocks however I still feel the markets will fall furthwer and the real bargains are to be made later on.

Yesterday with the fall of 777 on the DOW took off 1 trillion 200 billion US from the market which mostly came from the banking sector (I have to ask you if really you beleive your money is safe) that is almost the DOUBLE of what the government was asking for to - and it must be said cleary - GAMBLE with public money to try and save these institutions. If they have lost almost the double and are still in business, what would 700billion US have done? As I see it, would have just protected their bottom line.

I also don't think that the crisis will affect the good creditors on the high street, however it will make credit more expensive (if the banks survive and according to your CEO from WAMU that's going to happen).

So as I see it, bums can stay in seats for the time being in relation to the DOW, but I for one would be one of the first in line to take my live cash out of the bank. But that's me.

Best regards,

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorgon View Post
Well I went to WAMU this morning and found the doors ope... business as usual... accounts intact and my mortgage safe..

The only hint was a form letter from the new CEO that says things will be fine...

So all the panic last thursday seems to be gone

Now then the stack market DOWN?

Well get yer butts out of that chair and buy some stocks while you can. Any GOOD company will survive and rise again... its happened before will happen again...

BUT THIS TIME The average Joe can pick up a deal because you don't need huge minimums like during previous crashes...

Get out there and get rich

Errrr anyone got a few grand they can spare? I have this deal....
Steve_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 09:40 AM   #119
Lance
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
No more systems
You mean of course "cystems"!
Lance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 09:42 AM   #120
Lance
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_A View Post
Hi zorgon,

I'm sure that the CEO from WAMU will not scream, "Run for the hills! - it's over!!." But that's another story.

I agree with you about buying cheap stocks however I still feel the markets will fall furthwer and the real bargains are to be made later on.

Yesterday with the fall of 777 on the DOW took off 1 trillion 200 billion US from the market which mostly came from the banking sector (I have to ask you if really you beleive your money is safe) that is almost the DOUBLE of what the government was asking for to - and it must be said cleary - GAMBLE with public money to try and save these institutions. If they have lost almost the double and are still in business, what would 700billion US have done? As I see it, would have just protected their bottom line.

I also don't think that the crisis will affect the good creditors on the high street, however it will make credit more expensive (if the banks survive and according to your CEO from WAMU that's going to happen).

So as I see it, bums can stay in seats for the time being in relation to the DOW, but I for one would be one of the first in line to take my live cash out of the bank. But that's me.

Best regards,

Steve

Good time to buy AEM!
Lance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 10:27 AM   #121
Avid
Avalon Senior Member

All the trillions of $'s of bullion here should be returned to the rightful owners..... The Public, the people who have been robbed.
Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation.....

Original article link was taken down - it had pix of the vast stash of bars in vaults deep under NYC. And that was only 1 location....
Avid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 10:45 AM   #122
eaglespirit
Avalon Senior Member

Default $$$Pppooooooofff!!!$$$

We ARE turning the corner...right now!

We will be doing transactions with one another personally on a handshake, a pat on the back, a hug, simple bartering...moreso than ever before!

Clusters of "new" Family/Friends will gather to help one another.

The $BIG LIE$ and everything non-ethical connected to it directly and indirectly is imploding ALL for the good and all in doubletime and all in the now.

Money matters ARE becoming NON-matter!

Help One Another Unconditionally...You Will be Guided if You Ask from the Heart!
eaglespirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 11:06 AM   #123
THE PEACEFUL WARRIOR
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
There is a big whole in the TITANIC and we are trying to strike up the Band so we don't here the screaming. We have to stop letting others think for us regardless of the situation.
I agree with you 100%. These guys planned this over 200 years ago. Illuminati protocol number 3 section eleven says

11. THIS HATRED WILL BE STILL FURTHER MAGNIFIED BY THE EFFECTS of an ECONOMIC CRISES, which will stop dealing on the exchanges and bring industry to a standstill. We shall create by all the secret subterranean methods open to us and with the aid of gold, which is all in our hands, A UNIVERSAL ECONOMIC CRISES WHEREBY WE SHALL THROW UPON THE STREETS WHOLE MOBS OF WORKERS SIMULTANEOUSLY IN ALL THE COUNTRIES OF EUROPE. These mobs will rush delightedly to shed the blood of those whom, in the simplicity of their ignorance, they have envied from their cradles, and whose property they will then be able to loot.

12. "OURS" THEY WILL NOT TOUCH, BECAUSE THE MOMENT OF ATTACK WILL BE KNOWN TO US AND WE SHALL TAKE MEASURES TO PROTECT OUR OWN.
Hi 777,
Thanks for the reply...

I am glade that someONE finally gets it!

There is NO POINT discussing the numbers and ignoring the facts, meaning...

THE FACT is this WHOLE CHARADE is PLANNED, p-lease people wake up and smell the roses, even the 'rejection' is planned to continue the destruction of the markets and drop the value of everything further!

What no here seems to realise that this is one thing and one thing only - THE FAILIURE and PLANNED DESTRUCTION of CAPITALISM.

It was 'flawed' from the start coz it was ALL BASED ON GREED!

Interesting eh when you consider who are the TWO strongest economies in the world now, RUSSIA and CHINA, so that should tell you something about capitalism.

Please nbote guys and gals it's NOT JUST AMERICA, take a look across your shores and you will see the capitalist system is imploding around the globe!

Finally REMEMBER THE BIGGER PICTURE...

IT is ALL exactly as iy's meant to be, meaning the collapse of money and finance IS part of the GLOBAL AWAKENING OF MANKIND.

Take care out there ya all and be gentle with yourselves.

Big Love, One Love, One World...

THE PEACEFUL WARRIORS x

: yikes:
THE PEACEFUL WARRIOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 02:26 PM   #124
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

so, what's up today ???
THE eXchanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 02:27 PM   #125
Steve_A
Project Avalon Moderator

Hi eXchanger,

Up till this point, the DOW.

best regards,

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXchanger View Post
so, what's up today ???
Steve_A is offline   Reply With Quote