Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Economy and Currency

Notices

Old 09-26-2008, 06:29 PM   #1
Jnana
Avalon Senior Member

Default Delete this section

I honestly think this entire section and all of the threads in it are counter productive. In order to focus on the real objectives of the ground crew, people should not be encouraged to focus on preserving their financial assets. I view all of my stuff and all of my bank accounts as part of my prison. I don't want my stuff to own me. I don't want it to control me. I don't want to live in fear of losing it. I'm working on letting go.
Jnana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 06:38 PM   #2
TPFolder
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Delete this section

Agreed Jnana. Currency is on the out folks. Spend what money you have left on food and supplies.
TPFolder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 06:42 PM   #3
EYES WIDE OPEN
Avalon Senior Member

oh come on!
EYES WIDE OPEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 06:48 PM   #4
TPFolder
Avalon Senior Member

Someone had to say it. You people discussing money are walking in circles. Open your eyes just a l'il bit wider.
TPFolder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 06:51 PM   #5
Thrustbucket
Avalon Senior Member

Oh brother
Thrustbucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 06:56 PM   #6
arcora
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnana View Post
I honestly think this entire section and all of the threads in it are counter productive. In order to focus on the real objectives of the ground crew, people should not be encouraged to focus on preserving their financial assets. I view all of my stuff and all of my bank accounts as part of my prison. I don't want my stuff to own me. I don't want it to control me. I don't want to live in fear of losing it. I'm working on letting go.
I think the original intent of this section was to discuss how survivors could create a system of trade to get the things that they could not create themselves by offering the things that they had in abundance after the **** hits the fan.

Because of the current situation in the US it has become a place to sound off about current events.

I rather like it right now because it helps me to formulate ideas about what/why/how/when things are happening which will directly affect me and my family in what appears to be the very near future.

I'm sure the overall focus of the topic will change as events unfold. It may very well become a place to discuss ways to survive economic collapse and, if so, will become absolutely necessary.

Eventually it may return to its original intent.
arcora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 06:58 PM   #7
Rocky_Shorz
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
I honestly think this entire section and all of the threads in it are counter productive. .
spoken like a true banker...

Tag... you're it
Rocky_Shorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 06:59 PM   #8
Kate
Avalon Senior Member

Location: currently UK, searching for a safe relocation in next year

Quote:

hi Jnana...
you are certainly entitled to your opinions about finance/currency and i DO understand that it would 'appear' that our current bartering system is currently on the down..and out.... but in my view this is not appropriate to ask for this section to be deleted!!

People need to air whatever they think about finances...and I feel its 'negative' and counter-productive to try coercing others to get rid of all their money. It is personal choice.
I have made my choice how to deal with it and others will do the same.

This section WILL be staying..unless I hear the vote of other moderators/admin.

peace now and always is my wish ....

kate
Old 09-26-2008, 08:06 PM   #9
CLaNZeR
Avalon Senior Member

In a perfect world it would be great to not have to rely on the economy and the tax system etc etc etc. But in the real world, for now that is the way it is

On relection I was happier when I had nothing earlier on in life and would truly not really miss the materialistic stuff it dissapeared tomorrow.

As the kids are getting older and most of the earnings I worked for was to give them a nice home and comforts they needed while growing up, I see myself being a slave to system coming to a halt .

We all have to survive in this play called life and the Economy, whether you like it or not is a huge part of the PLAY !

So you cannot blame people for wanting too look after their interests they have aquired by working most of their lifes, They are just fitting in with playing the game and surviving in the world as it is.

There is a big difference between playing smart with the economy that is in place and Greed.

Greed is what gets people in trouble and should be avoided IMO .

Cheers

Sean.
CLaNZeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 08:25 PM   #10
ChooseYourLifeNow
Avalon Senior Member

No need to delete. Let people discuss the issues that do currently affect all of us. When there is no money, then no one will be talking about it.
ChooseYourLifeNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 08:30 PM   #11
historycircus

Currency is not the only issue of economy being discussed in these threads.
Old 09-26-2008, 08:53 PM   #12
Steve_A
Project Avalon Moderator

Hi Jnana,

I understand your point of view, however I don't really feel your sincerity in what you say.

The very last sentence gave it away.

One doesn't work on letting go, one lets go. It's as simple as that. Then you will find your true way in life.

I know this because I, as many, let go many years ago, travelled for years and am still enjoying life in a foreign land with two great kids.

Every day for me is still an adventure where I can learn something new.

Best regards,

Steve

Quote:
Steve_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 08:57 PM   #13
Gaia
Avalon Senior Member

I think people are communicating. She has a right to the opinion she has. Sometimes a sensational reply makes the best opening for discussion.

What we don't need are chiefs. The indians want their voice to be heard.

LOVE LOVE

De
Gaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 09:00 PM   #14
doodah
Avalon Senior Member

And she has the power! Don't browse this section if it bothers you!

Last edited by doodah; 09-26-2008 at 09:13 PM.
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 09:01 PM   #15
Connecting with Sauce
Avalon Senior Member

I like this section because I'm trying to sort out my s**t out so I can minimise my mortgage or totally get rid of it. If I have no worries of the 'trap' of life I can be better placed to help others and myself. Of course it could all go horribly wrong but we are all in that trap.

I just wish I had a few years to get a Landrover running on 100% water power and a load of supplies ready but it doesn't seem likely with what is happening.
Connecting with Sauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 09:19 PM   #16
Jnana
Avalon Senior Member

I seem to have struck the hornets nest quite squarely with my wee stick!

Quote:
People need to air whatever they think about finances...and I feel its 'negative' and counter-productive to try coercing others to get rid of all their money.
I'm afraid you misunderstand the intent of my words. I tend to be excessively concise, so I will elaborate a bit. I am not trying to coerce anybody to do anything with their money. I am not the coercive sort at all. If I meant "give away all of your money", I would have said "give away all your money."

My goal, for me, is to let go emotionally so my money can't be used as a means of control by others. I want to be ready to walk away if and when the time comes. While it is needed for survival, money will of course remain, and will be part of our prison. My prison cell is quite nice, and well padded. I'm going to miss it. Others may do as they wish.

(Yeah, I know, "Don't try, DO or DO NOT, there is no TRY", thanks Yoda)

But, the noose tightens. Some people think that it is an Illumnati goal to get rid of all cash. We will all be chipped, and the chip will be associated with our money. If someone doesn't behave, they are turned off. No ability to purchase anything anywhere, no cash as a backup. How's that for coercion? Others may disagree because the system provides "safety" - no criminals, no dissidents, no terrorists, etc., etc. Whatever. It's not something we need to focus on here.

We need a vision for a better future. For example (thanks to John Lennon):

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one

I especially like the second line of the first verse above. Yes, that is a tough one....

I'm happy to see my lame post resulted in a little meta-level discussion here.

Last edited by Jnana; 09-26-2008 at 09:27 PM.
Jnana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 09:26 PM   #17
historycircus

Money is not the only thing being discussed in the economy forums. The word enconomy encompasses a host of human activities: production, exchange, consumption, AND the use of currency. There are several debates about our future as it relates to these activities - these forums represent an opportunity to hash out economic ideas in theory before having a set plan is necessary.

And, as one of the posters noted, not everyone is concerned with the mental side of it - some good, open minded people are on the brink of being homeless and starving within the present system. They cannot feed themselves today with our visions of a brighter tomorrow.

I mean no disrespect or negativity to anyone here - just some thoughts.
Old 09-26-2008, 09:26 PM   #18
Gaia
Avalon Senior Member

The Beatles will always rule!

LOVE ya
Old 09-26-2008, 09:33 PM   #19
Blufire77
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
We need a vision for a better future. For example (thanks to John Lennon):

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one

I especially like the second line of the first verse above. Yes, that is a tough one....

I'm happy to see my lame post resulted in a little meta-level discussion here.
I vote that this be our Project Avalon theme song!!
Blufire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 09:36 PM   #20
Gaia
Avalon Senior Member

You got my vote on that.

LOVE LOVE
Old 09-26-2008, 09:46 PM   #21
Lotus
Avalon Senior Member

If it's not your cup of tea, feel free to drink somewhere else.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 09:55 PM   #22
Myra
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Well I wish it were just that easy however all of us are still here on Earth in these tough times and therefore need to work with what is tangible.

Even though I don't have much, to me money is survival right now. It will get me food, water, supplies, and get me to my safe place. Since none of us really know exactly when all of this will come down, in the meantime it's prudent to make preparations.

Part of that is studying and educating one's self as to current events, such as what is posted in the Economy and Currency section of the Forum.

I don't blame anyone for preserving their financial assets in a time like this.
Myra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 10:32 PM   #23
Theresa
Avalon Senior Member

let go is right, cause whether we are willing to let go or not, it's going!

But KEEP the abundance! The real thing-our spiritual perfection, our complete wholeness in our divine nature! Open up to that-grab onto that and celebrate it more than ever, then we are attracting a flow of abundance, in every form!
Theresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 11:54 PM   #24
Kahunamahalo
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate View Post
hi Jnana...
you are certainly entitled to your opinions about finance/currency and i DO understand that it would 'appear' that our current bartering system is currently on the down..and out.... but in my view this is not appropriate to ask for this section to be deleted!!

People need to air whatever they think about finances...and I feel its 'negative' and counter-productive to try coercing others to get rid of all their money. It is personal choice.
I have made my choice how to deal with it and others will do the same.

This section WILL be staying..unless I hear the vote of other moderators/admin.

peace now and always is my wish ....

kate
Thank you
Kahunamahalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 12:04 AM   #25
Ampgod
Avalon Senior Member

A different perspective here.

If you change your money to metals.
At some point you can use it to help others.
Maybe make jewelry or trade for seeds etc.
Use it to help other people or groups of people.
So my intention was not to gain profit.
It's using my knowledge to do what I can to change what I have into something that can help others later.

*I believe when the time is right people will let go with no hesitation.

Live love,
Ampgod

Last edited by Ampgod; 09-27-2008 at 12:14 AM. Reason: text add
Ampgod is offline   Reply With Quote