Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Preparations / Advice

Notices

Old 10-06-2008, 12:28 AM   #1
sunnyrap
Avalon Senior Member

Default The good news about nuclear destruction

Now, the intent behind putting this up here is to REDUCE/ALLEVIATE fear, not create a nuclear holo-reality. Many have been alluding to the scenario of a nuclear strike on North America, so when I ran across this worthy article on the net, I thought it an excellent item to post here, since it says clearly that it is perfectly possible to survive a nuclear blast--and proceeds to give clear instructions on doing so. I recommend printing it out. You'll sleep a little better. Got to the link above; the below is just the intro....

http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=51648

The good news about nuclear destruction
Posted: August 24, 2006
1:00 am Eastern

By Shane Connor
© 2008

What possible good news could there ever be about nuclear destruction coming to America, whether it is dirty bombs, terrorist nukes or ICBMs from afar?

In a word, they are all survivable for the vast majority of American families, if they know what to do beforehand and have made even the most modest preparations.

Tragically, though, most Americans today won't give much credence to this good news, much less seek out such vital life-saving instruction, as they have been jaded by our culture's pervasive myths of nuclear un-survivability.

Most people think that if nukes go off, then everybody is going to die, or will wish they had. That's why you hear such absurd comments as: "If it happens, I hope I'm at ground zero and go quickly."

This defeatist attitude was born as the disarmament movement ridiculed any alternatives to their agenda. The sound Civil Defense strategies of the '60s have been derided as being largely ineffective, or at worst a cruel joke. With the supposed end of the Cold War in the '80s, most Americans neither saw a need to prepare, nor believed that preparation would do any good. Today, with growing prospects of nuclear terrorism, we see emerging among the public either paralyzing fear or irrational denial. People can no longer envision effective preparations for surviving a nuclear attack.

In fact, though, the biggest surprise for most Americans, if nukes are really unleashed, is that they will still be here!

Most will survive the initial blasts because they won't be close enough to any "ground zero," and that is very good news. Unfortunately, few people will be prepared to survive the coming radioactive fallout, which will eventually kill many times more than the blast. However, there is still more good news: Well over 90 percent of the potential casualties from fallout can be avoided if the public is pre-trained through an aggressive national Civil Defense educational program. Simple measures taken immediately after a nuclear blast, by a trained public, can prevent agonizing death and injury from radiation.
sunnyrap is offline   Reply With Quote