Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-25-2010, 02:33 AM   #1
Mystique
Avalon Senior Member

Default OUOTE: "“kill the children of the members who voted yes.”

Contemplating ascension, peace, unity and love....
Whether or not you supported the health care bill, how can our species possibly stoop this low to threaten this.

“kill the children of the members who voted yes.”

Reps. Louise Slaughter and Bart Stupak have received death threats.

A tea party participant published what he thought was Rep. Thomas Perriello’s home address and urged disgruntled voters to “drop by” for a “good face-to-face chat.”

Vandals broke windows at Slaughter’s office in New York and Rep. Gabrielle Giffords’s office in Arizona.

Slaughter, a Democrat who chairs the House Rules Committee, said a caller to her office last week vowed to send snipers to “kill the children of the members who voted yes.” Her office reported the call to police, who were dispatched to provide protection for Slaughter’s grandchildren. She has also been in touch with the FBI and U.S. Postal Service inspectors, who intercepted a letter en route to her home in upstate New York.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories...#ixzz0j9QD3GJa

wvgazette.com/Opinion/Editorials/201003240713

I, personally think this is going to be one heck of a tough year. I know people are passionately involved in this issue, but to what extremes will people go to? I can only hope this is pure "hot" emotion and a verbal power play to scare and terrorize. Would someone see this through to make a point?

Like to hear your opinions.

Mystique
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote