Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Old 01-08-2009, 02:40 PM   #1
Antaletriangle
Avalon Senior Member

Default Windows 7 Beta Available For Download Legally From Friday

http://www.itproportal.com/articles/...egally-friday/

Microsoft's Chief Executive Office, Steve Ballmer, has announced that the beta version of the company's next flagship operating system, Windows 7, will be available as from tomorrow, Friday, for download (ed: although it is expected to expire at the end of July).

During his keynote speech at the 2009 Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, Ballmer said that Windows 7 would allow users to access their content from any device, navigate seamlessly across them and promised that setting up new home networks would only take three clicks.

Ballmer also showed the new Windows Live which he said is Microsoft's cloud solution for " communication, sharing and keeping your life in sync on the PC, mobile and on the web" and will unite more than 50 social networking tools, services and websites, like Twitter, Bebo, Myspace and more.

The build which will be offered tomorrow will almost certainly be the 7000 one which was demoed at Microsoft's Professional Developers Conference (PDC) late last year.

The new operating system apparently requires less resource to run and supports even low-powered Netbook devices, some of which have the specifications of an eight-year old Pentium 4 computer.

According to the spec sheet, the minimum recommended system requirements will be a 1GHz processor, 1GB memory, 16GB hard disk pace, 128MB of graphics memory and a DVD drive.
Antaletriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 02:53 PM   #2
Egg
Banned

Default Re: Windows 7 Beta Available For Download Legally From Friday

Cloud solution.

Read 'total surveillance device'.

No thanks. I'm not having that **** anywhere near any of my devices. My laptop and desktop are seperate as are my blackberry and other devices for a very good reason, and they are staying seperate.
Egg is offline   Reply With Quote