Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 03-25-2010, 02:33 AM   #1
Mystique
Avalon Senior Member

Default OUOTE: "“kill the children of the members who voted yes.”

Contemplating ascension, peace, unity and love....
Whether or not you supported the health care bill, how can our species possibly stoop this low to threaten this.

“kill the children of the members who voted yes.”

Reps. Louise Slaughter and Bart Stupak have received death threats.

A tea party participant published what he thought was Rep. Thomas Perriello’s home address and urged disgruntled voters to “drop by” for a “good face-to-face chat.”

Vandals broke windows at Slaughter’s office in New York and Rep. Gabrielle Giffords’s office in Arizona.

Slaughter, a Democrat who chairs the House Rules Committee, said a caller to her office last week vowed to send snipers to “kill the children of the members who voted yes.” Her office reported the call to police, who were dispatched to provide protection for Slaughter’s grandchildren. She has also been in touch with the FBI and U.S. Postal Service inspectors, who intercepted a letter en route to her home in upstate New York.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories...#ixzz0j9QD3GJa

wvgazette.com/Opinion/Editorials/201003240713

I, personally think this is going to be one heck of a tough year. I know people are passionately involved in this issue, but to what extremes will people go to? I can only hope this is pure "hot" emotion and a verbal power play to scare and terrorize. Would someone see this through to make a point?

Like to hear your opinions.

Mystique
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 04:14 AM   #2
norman
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: OUOTE: "“kill the children of the members who voted yes.”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique View Post

Would someone see this through to make a point?

Like to hear your opinions.

Mystique

If someone does..... errr..... it's a sad thing for all the world.

It seems to me that pushing hot-heads into definably threatening, and, actual violence, is really part of the 'dark' game plan. Every tightening tweak of the ratchet for 'war' is welcome, I'm sure, by the people who are trying to take the low road.

How do we tell the hot heads to take a cold shower and a deep breath at these times? I think it boils down to having faith in something. Normal society has had it's faith sucked out deliberately in readines for this stage of the game plan.

For myself, I'm not a prayer making person, I'm a begger. I beg sincerely that these long crafted times are not going to fulfill the intentions of the 'craft'.

norman.
norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 04:40 AM   #3
Seeker Mom
Avalon Senior Member

I believe any act of violence is wrong. But don't believe every thing you read. Perhaps the tea party members are being demonized in the media just in time for the next huge red flag which will obviously be blamed on them?

Maybe I've listened to Alex Jones too much. But anyway, if one lone weirdo did these things, it doesn't wash away all the goals of the larger group. It's sad to me that we Americans must only align with one side or the other and if not we must hate each other.

A viable third party is needed here. Don't let one bad apple spoil the whole bunch.
Seeker Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 04:41 AM   #4
FIIISH
Avalon Senior Member

On the one hand, I think the threats are unnecessary.

On the other, I think it's about time that people started getting
angry....

Successfully channeling that anger into an appropriate response is
the trick....
FIIISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 05:20 AM   #5
Rocky_Shorz
Avalon Senior Member

All I can say is remember what happened to Hal Turner...

Radio Host Hal Turner: Arrested for Inciting Violence

Quote:
(ChattahBox)—”It is our intent to foment direct action against these individuals personally. These beastly government officials should be made an example of as a warning to others in government: Obey the Constitution or die,” wrote neo-nazi Hal Turner on his blog last week, referring to two Connecticut officials.

Combined with other incendiary statements and a promise to publish the home addresses of Connecticut officials, the Capitol police in Hartford, CT. arrested Turner in his New Jersey home on Wednesday, before someone rose to Turner’s call for violence.

Turner was charged with inciting injury to persons or property and is in jail awaiting extradition to Connecticut. The remainder of his post reads: “If any state attorney, police department or court thinks they’re going to get uppity with us about this, I suspect we have enough bullets to put them down, too.”

Capitol Police Chief Michael J. Fallon described Turner’s statements as “…above and beyond the threshold of free speech.”

Turner’s statements were designed to incite others to commit acts of violence and now finally, law enforcement officials are holding Turner criminally accountable. Turner has built a career based on hate, racism and anti-Semitism.
Rocky_Shorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 04:56 PM   #6
Harper
Avalon Senior Member

This is only mildly related to what you are pointing out, but it is a temperture checker, I agree with you that there is a hotting up of all these raw emotions and poor teenagers have no direction to point it in. This is a NY times piece which is terrifying
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/25/us...e&ref=homepage

Things seem to be crumbling, don't they, like we have hit the tipping point, Pope is called into question by the American Catholic Church (quite rightly) Ireland is one step away from Lynching all the priests....French government is collapsing, as are the brits, there is talk of splitting up of the EU because France and Germany can't agree (an old story indeed) talk or privatising Greek islands to raise money and one have of the EU is calling the other half PIIGS (Portugal, italy, Ireland & Greece) because of the financial mess that they were all lead into by the same ones pointing the fingers now !

Madness it surely is......
Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 05:27 PM   #7
Shadowstalker
Avalon Senior Member

Things may not be that dramatic, they are probably trying to pi** folks off to try to instill marshal law, it's probably another false flag event to get there long awaited ball rolling, don't pay much to it you will only give it more power.
Shadowstalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 06:57 PM   #8
pineal-pilot-in merkabah
Avalon Senior Member

yes not a good thing but remember we are ina tiny minority still. mot people are still in the reaction phase. They will just do what people have done for 1000;s years. also cliff high sees a lot worse than this coming. when the bankers are finally realised to be the creators of the collapse its not looking good for them. people are gonna be killed ect ect.

i lol'd @ the sarah palin neo con thing. another puppet ready to sucker the last few people who are politically minded.
pineal-pilot-in merkabah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 07:35 PM   #9
sjkted
Avalon Senior Member

Most people have the common sense not to kick a sleeping bear. Why? Well, first of all it's wrong to kick an animal. And also, because the bear is much bigger than you are and can outrun you and take you down quite easily.

But, that is exactly what has happened with Obamacare. I would never advocate any violence. The issue is that despite the social mores of that we are living in a democracy, a large number of sleeping people just got kicked. The fact is that there are not enough weapons, police, and armed forces to subvert all of the people from expressing themselves. I have seen large polls showing 60% - 70% of people opposed the bill.

You won't see me protesting in the street, but for many people this is a rather rude wake up call. The legal process obviously did not work, what the bill does is wrong, and the reality is that some of these sleeping people probably are going to do some extreme things.

It's wrong to kick a sleeping bear.

--sjkted
sjkted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 10:11 PM   #10
Harper
Avalon Senior Member

Yes Sjkted,

Its a terrible way to become aware of the fact that things are not what they seem and two they maybe a lot worse. If any of us can cast our mind back to what, how or who it was that flicked the switch for us, we must remember the disillusionment and betrayal and then the anger, not only at what ever it was that was happening, but the last and most destructive -the anger at our own foolishness.

Its embarrassment, seen in it worst form that we are seeing at the moment, humiliation taken to its nth degree. Its something you should get out of the way of, for its cause is violence.

It does pass though....

Shame is a terribly destructive emotion
Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 01:28 AM   #11
jacody
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harper View Post

Things seem to be crumbling, don't they, like we have hit the tipping point, Pope is called into question by the American Catholic Church (quite rightly) Ireland is one step away from Lynching all the priests....French government is collapsing, as are the brits, there is talk of splitting up of the EU because France and Germany can't agree (an old story indeed) talk or privatising Greek islands to raise money and one have of the EU is calling the other half PIIGS (Portugal, italy, Ireland & Greece) because of the financial mess that they were all lead into by the same ones pointing the fingers now !

Madness it surely is......
"Hey Glory, Glory! Hallelujah! Welcome to the future!"
jacody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 02:21 AM   #12
haibane
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjkted View Post
It's wrong to kick a sleeping bear.
Unless it's the intended purpose, right? Having watched those developments from across the ocean (and thus, of course, not having the entire picture) this seems rather obvious.
haibane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 04:16 AM   #13
sjkted
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by haibane View Post
Unless it's the intended purpose, right? Having watched those developments from across the ocean (and thus, of course, not having the entire picture) this seems rather obvious.
Well, of course it was the intended purpose. Of course, that doesn't make it morally right.

--sjkted
sjkted is offline   Reply With Quote