Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Old 01-18-2009, 05:15 PM   #1
Jacqui D
Avalon Senior Member

Default Sick British soldiers mania!

What do you feel about the sick actions of this British soldier?
It disgusted me to think this was allowed to happen and played out to be okay because it was in there best interest to learn how to survive when the need arises, This was a plain and simple blood lust action.
I have not posted the picture because frankly i found it to disturbing.

Our Basra soldiers bite heads off live chicken

DEATH SQUADDIE: Sergeant-major decapitates chicken with his teeth

By Guy Basnett, 18/01/2009

CHEERED on by baying soldiers, a British Army officer BITES the head off a live chicken in a sickening training exercise filmed by his own men.
Shamefully the senior lieutenant serving in Iraq then KICKS its wildly-flailing body, spits out the head, and shouts “f***er” at the dying bird.

In the exclusive video footage obtained by the News of the World, the pathetic creature is seen seconds later still flapping pitifully in its death throes.

Minutes earlier ANOTHER high-ranking soldier, a sergeant major responsible for discipline amongst the soldiers, had also performed the gruesome stunt to the perverse delight of the men he controls.

Soldiers bite heads off chickens (contains strong images)

Applause
Holding the struggling hen by the feet and neck, the Warrant Officer Class 2 puts its head in his mouth and, tearing violently with his teeth, rips it off.

After spitting twice to clear his mouth of blood and feathers he gives a wry smile to the camera as a comrade calls for: “A round of applause.”

When we contacted the Ministry of Defence, they said: “The incidents shown in the videos were part of an exercise in survival training.”

But the RSPCA was furious when we showed them the film. A spokesman said they would press the MoD and question the Army’s training methods, adding: “It’s a revolting way to treat any animal.”

You can make up your own mind by viewing our videos but be warned: The images are not for the faint-hearted.

The shocking footage is the second video scandal to hit the Army in eight days. Just last Sunday, we unveiled an exclusive video of Prince Harry making racist comments. The story dominated the news for days.

The latest video was made in late October in northern Basra. It shows infantry soldiers from 2nd Battalion, Royal Anglian Regiment—known as The Poachers. It is believed the group of around 15 men from B-Company, based at a forward operating base in Al-Qurnah, were being instructed in killing chickens for cooking.

Gathered round a wooden table, they can be seen plucking and preparing the carcass of a dead bird. It is not known how it was killed.

Then the sergeant major picks up a chicken and, to cheers from his troops, decapitates it with his teeth.

Next it is the turn of the lieutenant, one of the most senior officers at the base. Clearly aware he is being filmed, he too is goaded to copy the macabre feat. A solider can be heard saying: “Right, we’re all ready boss.”

The sergeant major, fresh from his kill, offers the advice: “ Bite and pull straight away.” And the young lieutenant puts his mouth round the bird’s head before killing it.

A military source claims the incident horrified Iraqi troops being trained by the Poachers, who have since left Iraq.

The source said: “The whole point of the training is that we show the Iraqis how to behave. The Iraqi soldiers look up to the Brits—but in this case they were disgusted, and walked away.

“Most people will be sickened by what they are doing here.

“Ok, some people might say these chickens were going to get their necks wrung anyway, and we train our boys to be hardened killers.

“But that’s the point. We put these boys in some very difficult situations. They need to know what behaviour is correct, and what oversteps the line.”

Survival
An Army insider said: “This wasn't done for sport or entertainment —despite how it looks.

“Food and water, along with warmth, is vital to survival and the ability to live off the land is key to all this. We do not do this for fun.”

An MoD spokesman said: “In addition to British troops, the exercise involved local forces, and the birds were prepared and eaten in accordance with local custom. The Army does not tolerate inappropriate behaviour, and does not condone needless cruelty to animals.”

But RSPCA spokesman Andy Robbins said: “This footage sends out the wrong message about the respect animals deserve. We intend to contact the MoD to find out more about the methods they use when training soldiers.”

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/news...s-own-men.html
Jacqui D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 07:19 PM   #2
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Sick British soldiers mania!

Barbaric and unnecessary.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 07:39 PM   #3
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

what does it tell you about these people? Or who really are those that command? I have started having my doubts. Are they human?
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 07:42 PM   #4
mpea
Avalon Senior Member

Absolutely horrific, completely inhuman behaviour, to do this to any living creature is .. well, words fail me.
mpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 09:21 PM   #5
Czymra
Avalon Senior Member

When you hear that people ride tanks shooting people listening to 'the roof is on fire' to kind of 'stay sane' you really start wondering what's up.
Czymra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 11:26 PM   #6
Egg
Banned

Not shocked at all. To be honest, I'm more shocked that people filmed it and spread it about the net. If thats the worst you have ever heard about from Soldiers, be blooming thankful.

Naked bar any one? and no, if you have to ask I am not explaining that one on a forum.
Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 11:40 PM   #7
blastawaycas
Avalon Senior Member

Hi Egg its just kinda shocking when its British soldiers, i know and realise that sounds really old fashioned and out of touch but i guess i am still living with the old Dunkirk spirit thing..........i must get out more!!

kindest regards Dave Caster
blastawaycas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 11:53 PM   #8
Czymra
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egg View Post
Not shocked at all. To be honest, I'm more shocked that people filmed it and spread it about the net. If thats the worst you have ever heard about from Soldiers, be blooming thankful.

Naked bar any one? and no, if you have to ask I am not explaining that one on a forum.
Awww come on.
Old 01-19-2009, 12:07 AM   #9
Egg
Banned

Naked bar then. One person walks in, orders enough shorts (spirits) for all in the group to have three shots, lines them up, steps back and necks his shots.

Then, the rest of the group run in stark naked, quickly gulp their drinks and run off. Each person through the night takes it in turns to be the person who walks in and orders all the drinks.

It has been alledged that naked servicemen have urinated on patrons in bars, fought pitch battles stark naked and then ran away giggling like school kids. Norway springs to mind in recent times.
Old 01-19-2009, 02:36 AM   #10
Czymra
Avalon Senior Member

Thank you.
Old 01-19-2009, 04:21 AM   #11
mntruthseeker
Avalon Senior Member

Unbelievable..............sick isn't strong enough.......
and we wonder why our Creator is so angry with the humans.........someone needs to cruify him
mntruthseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 04:25 AM   #12
recallone
Avalon Senior Member

I don't mind.
recallone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 05:19 AM   #13
Bonnie
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mntruthseeker View Post
Unbelievable..............sick isn't strong enough.......
I agree sick is not strong enough of a word. Here in the U.S. the military is doing things like shooting, burning, stabbing and breaking the limbs of animals in combat training/trauma exercises while non-animal training methods that are more effective exist. Animals do not deserve to go through all of this.

http://www.peta.org/actioncenter/Act...em.asp?id=2577

http://getactive.peta.org/campaign/fort_dix
Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 09:39 AM   #14
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

Only exposing such cruelty acts to the general public can change something. people have the right to know what the contemporary soldiers are like, what they do, what they are taught and encouraged to do. Why being a soldier has to involve senseless cruelty? When i hear that garbage about "brave boys fighting for our freedom, our families, etc" it makes me sick. I hope that that world dominated by males will soon come to an end and something completely different will be born.
Old 01-19-2009, 12:54 PM   #15
Egg
Banned

A word to the wise. Until you have been to war, faced death deastruction and injury on a daily basis, seen your best friends blown to pieces and scream for their mothers when ablaze or with shredded limbs, do not judge a man.

It was bad, yes. It was wrong, yes. It was done in an environment where he may not be alive in two day, let alone know for ceratin he will be alive in two hours.

Combat, and its aftermath is viscious - decompressing afterwards takes months, and sadly british troops don't have that long before they need to return to war.

Add an ungrateful country to their stresses, and an ungrateful government, and its a wonder they are so well behaved and only a few incidents happen.
Old 01-19-2009, 01:48 PM   #16
Jacqui D
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks everyone for your input.
In someways i agree with Egg, yes these guys have been through things that many will never see or have had to deal with, okay we can excuse them for that.
But this was down right sadistic, it goes on i'm afraid and much worse.
I have always said and will continue to say that these men (and women) although for the life of me i can never understand a women someone of my own gender would wish to join the forces and face combat fighting men what goes through their mind when they decided to join up! Anyway that's beside the point, also some of these women have kids at home! where does that come into their agenda well second obviously to the life they love to live.

But getting back to what i was going to say, these people clearly have no feelings, thought of killing another must bring so much guilt within oneself, how do they cope with that!
Unless as i said there is no feelings.

A lot of the youngsters are giving false hopes of a wonderful life in the army they are even give lectures at schools this has been going on for years, this being the Uk don't know if other countries go on a recruiting scheme at schools.
I think this gives the youngsters a vision that is so unreal when they actually get out to these war torn places.

Yes they do lose there comrades and see terrible things but as we know war is a thoughtless motion, and if the leaders of countries around the world had to take the task on themselves then war would cease to exist.

These soldiers for a better word are hypnotised, brainwashed into thinking they are doing this for their country.
And i would like to add regarding the chicken slaughter, if this was done as a test to show to the recruits that beheading a chicken by biting it's head off in survival situatons that is completely wrong, because there are other humane ways of killing a chicken and if the said chicken was to be eaten the thing would need to be gutted, so a knife would still be needed unless of course they intended to bite the entrails out aswell!!
Old 01-19-2009, 04:01 PM   #17
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egg View Post

Add an ungrateful country to their stresses, and an ungrateful government, and its a wonder they are so well behaved and only a few incidents happen.
what are they, living in Iraq, supposed to be grateful for ? Why are the British or any other troops in Iraq? Why was Iraq invaded in the first place? there are other videos showing what soldiers do in occupied countries. because they are under a lot of stress they do abominable things. Does it help them to release stress, do they feel better afterwards?
in the case of British soldiers they were encouraged to emulate their superiors' behaviour. Still I am not convinced that such deeds should justified. If that behavior is not "that bad" yet, are we giving them permission to act in even a more horrible and disgusting manner?
Old 01-19-2009, 04:13 PM   #18
Jacqui D
Avalon Senior Member

The whole Iraq war is just a sham, there were no weapons of mass drstruction, so why is there such a force out there.
The local Iraq people what is left of them that is say they were better under hussein's regieme, perhaps they right.

There is no excuse for soldiers to behave the way they do, what gives them the right to do these things and get away with it.
Then blame it on the coldness of war and what it has done to them mentally.
Because no sane person would carry on the way they behave.
I can not say i'm proud of our British soldiers when they have hearts so cold that they can not recognise what they are doing to other humans and animal life in these there is simply no excuse for there behaviour.
Old 01-19-2009, 04:41 PM   #19
mattmckill
Avalon Senior Member

Look guys, I've been a Royal Marine Commando for 14 years ( you can google this to find out what Royal Marine Commandos do) I know everyone seems to be disgusted at what thay have seen but guys get a grip, this happens, the only thing that was wrong was the fact that someone filmed it. You need to know what kind of circumstances require an action like this and this was purley to shock the trainnees. I can asure you that these guys are going to see things a lot worse than a chicken losing it's head.

This was purley for shock, nothing more, nothing less. I know joe public may not understand the reason behind such an act however it was carried out as part of a survival trainning lesson.

Just lay off slating the British Forces.
mattmckill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 06:30 PM   #20
recallone
Avalon Senior Member

Indeed. Lay off the judging, I'd say.

As a veteran myself, I can tell you that soldiers are not monsters but brave men and women who sincerely believe that they're protecting their fellow countrymen (however errant their commanding officers and politicians may be). You've got to have your head in the right place prior to going into combat...if this is how they communicate it in this particular instance, who are any of us to judge them for it? More importantly, what does the act of judging them do for your vibration? Does it seperate them from you? Does it enforce false illusions? Just something to think about.
recallone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 06:37 PM   #21
Delphi
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks Matt and Recallone for confirming what I was thinking.

love to all
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 08:12 PM   #22
Czymra
Avalon Senior Member

Sorry to throw this one in but:

"Killing for peace is like f**king for virginity."

I've met wonderful people that were in the army and I am hard pressed to judge, as a man it's instinctual to want to be brothers in arms, I think, but one can play in the dirt staying out of the army.

That one needs to be prepared for cruel acts and situations by doing stuff like this I can accept easily, but the whole idea of giving up one's independence of thought and pass on judgement to someone higher in the hierarchy is just wrong. If it wasn't for that and all the stereotypical clichés that are thrown about I'd long since be on the ship.