Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Project Camelot General Discussion

Notices

Project Camelot General Discussion Reactions, feedback and suggestions on interviews, current events and experiences.

Old 09-09-2008, 06:00 PM   #1
Bill Ryan
Project Avalon Co Founder

Default IMPORTANT: to all on the Camelot Round Table list, and to all PayPal contributors

Dear All:

Please excuse this method of addressing everyone. It's just the easiest way!

Kerry and I have been blown away by the number of people on the Round Table Pledge List. We want to thank every one of you for your commitment to support what we stand for.

We have NOT been able to reply to you all. This is never an intended discourtesy. We were already swamped with e-mail messages and now we have twice as many. It's just not physically possible for us to reply to or acknowledge everyone who writes to us. We hope that we have never caused no disappointment or offense. Every person on the list is valued and appreciated here.

If a message is important or personal, please re-send (and continue doing so!). We DO both read everything we receive.

We also want to thank the many people who have sent PayPal contributions.

These have been our lifeline. Without them, we would not be able to do what we have been able to, and this Forum (and Project Avalon) would not exist.

You have been extraordinarily generous. It always moves us - whether it's a large donation - and we have had some (THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF OUR HEARTS - YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE) - or a teenager from Poland or India or South Africa or Indonesia or Argentina who sends us $2.

To these fine people who have pledged, or donated: we'd like to ask you if you can give us a hand. Many of you have written to offer your services in a number of areas. We've not always been able to respond to those messages, either.

We're now in a place which is like a small business start-up becoming overwhelmed by its own success and demand for expansion. As any businessmen and women among you know, this can be a dangerous phase.

Here's what we need - from people that we already know (and you'll understand the reason for that):

* A good administrator who can manage and co-ordinate a small virtual team of people doing various jobs - like those below.

* Translators (We are VERY behind with this. We have a LOT of unposted, translated material.)

* HTML editors who can create web standard Camelot pages with translated material from text documents, linked to the English versions.

* Researchers who can - for example - collect the extraordinary amount of hard, practical information that is already on this Forum and help us organize and archive it to the new Avalon site.

Kerry and I have to continue to do what we feel we do best. In the next few weeks we have half a dozen new interviews scheduled, and this involves a lot of traveling and time spent offline. But meanwhile, we're in danger of being swamped by detailed but important and necessary work that could be undertaken by other Ground Crew volunteers.

A great model is the Camelot transcription team, already fine-tuned and up and running beautifully. They have a co-ordinator - a member here - who allocates work which is checked and edited between them. This runs smoothly each according to their schedule, availability, interest and preference.

The system now works so well that we now have almost ready-to-post transcriptions, completed with a few days of the interview, that can in theory be uploaded to the web within an hour. This is a pleasure and a Godsend to work with - and is a terrific service to thousands of people out there. This, then, is our model for how we'd love everythng else to operate.

Do please contact us at support@projectcamelot.org [and put GROUND CREW somewhere in the subject line] - and we'd love to hear from you.

With our warmest wishes to all -

Bill and Kerry

Last edited by Colin; 09-09-2008 at 06:08 PM.
Bill Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 06:20 PM   #2
Kate
Avalon Senior Member

Location: currently UK, searching for a safe relocation in next year
Default Re: IMPORTANT: to all on the Camelot Round Table list, and to all PayPal contributors

Bill,Kerry and ALL the team...where intention goes..the energy flows! and this site is a prime example of this! We are all here because you have given us the opportunity of a platform much needed around the globe!

A sincere THANKYOU and wishing you much success with ongoing interviews and building this project.....
blessings to you!
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 06:47 PM   #3
Jamie
Avalon Senior Member

Smile Re: IMPORTANT: to all on the Camelot Round Table list, and to all PayPal contributors

Hi Bill and Kerry,

FANTASTIC job you are doing, and as a previous contributor(financial) to PC I hope I can help you further in the future.

At this moment in time I am currently distracted with other Projects of my own, but I shall monitor this thread closely, and I hope that in the not to distant future I will be able to offer my assistance as an experienced Administrator.

Blessings

Jay
Jamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 06:49 PM   #4
Mikey5856

Thumbs up Re: IMPORTANT: to all on the Camelot Round Table list, and to all PayPal contributors

Hi, Bill;

Sent you an e-mail to support@projectcamelot.org with my offer. I challenge at least twenty other members to step up!

With deepest gratitude for all your work,

Mike Melton
Old 09-09-2008, 07:04 PM   #5
lightworkers
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: IMPORTANT: to all on the Camelot Round Table list, and to all PayPal contributors

the same thing Mike just said!
lightworkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 07:51 PM   #6
Vicki
Avalon Senior Member

HI Guys

Sent you an email with my details, good luck in your team building!

Well done for such a great idea - this site!

Vicki
Vicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 04:25 AM   #7
Phtha
Avalon Senior Member

Just sent my email.

My sincere thanks to everyone who is involved with this wonderful site in this exciting time we all find ourselves in.

With love and freedom,
John
Phtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 10:41 AM   #8
firstfruit
Avalon Senior Member

Lak-ech all my family
firstfruit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 11:10 AM   #9
EYES WIDE OPEN
Avalon Senior Member

I would like to help. I used to help moderate a now defunct small music forum a long time ago. Obviously, I have a job, family & so on but in my free time I guess I could help out moderating if you want. I am in the UK.
EYES WIDE OPEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 01:04 PM   #10
galaxygirl
Avalon Senior Member

Glad to help Bill and Kerry!

Ive sent a message so count me in!
galaxygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 01:41 PM   #11
viking
Avalon Senior Member

I'll second that .....

viking
viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 07:46 PM   #12
THEWATCHER
Avalon Senior Member

Cool Re: IMPORTANT: to all on the Camelot Round Table list, and to all PayPal contributors

Barry King, the individual we are looking after post trauma, is a whistle-blower on your round table listings. The support pledged will continue.

THE WATCHER
THEWATCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 04:24 AM   #13
Frank Samuel
Project Avalon Moderator

Kerry, Bill

I thank you and want to support you guys in any way I can.
Hey , relax and enjoy life no need for explanations we love you guys just the same. You two are my heroes , warriors of the path to enlightment.
If possible send PO address for checks . I travel all my life and I have to tell you there's no place like home so I thank you for your sacrifice.
Frank Samuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 04:21 PM   #14
granny
Avalon Senior Member

Bill

"You have been extraordinarily generous. It always moves us - whether it's a large donation - and we have had some (THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF OUR HEARTS - YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE) - or a teenager from Poland or India or South Africa or Indonesia or Argentina who sends us $2."

You know $2 from the least able to contribute far exceeds whatever those in comfort can afford.

Gran
granny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 10:34 PM   #15
CONDE
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks Mama Firehorse, U are correct and very wise.

Back to topic, Where are the LINKS for payment ?
is this still being discussed ? anyone knows if there is a
location for paying for a suscription. ?
CONDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 12:54 AM   #16
christian

Interesting discussion. I must add that from the work I've seen on the project camelot site, it is amazing how Bill and Kerry absorbed all those costs out of pure desire to make a difference. This sort of unselfish gift that these two have provided should not be overlooked as mere folly, but rather a strong passion where they have put everyone on the line...life, money and reputation.

How many are prepared to make such a contribution, and offer their works for free? Few, if any. Any fair minded person knows that money is a means of exchange, and absolutely required to run any business or charitable endeavor. Further, the laborer is worthy of their hire, and obviously the level of character shines through so often when mere man is asked to separate money from his wallet. There is no doubt Bill and Kerry have proven and demonstrated they are willing to give their entire wallet, and life and reputation, to this cause.

I suggest we not waste our energy on those who will not reach into their pocket at all, but rather merely complain seeking everything for free. It is this view that has made us slaves to these wicked rulers in this world.
Old 09-12-2008, 01:06 AM   #17
THEWATCHER
Avalon Senior Member

Cool Re: IMPORTANT: to all on the Camelot Round Table list, and to all PayPal contributors

Quote:
Originally Posted by christian View Post
Interesting discussion. I must add that from the work I've seen on the project camelot site, it is amazing how Bill and Kerry absorbed all those costs out of pure desire to make a difference. This sort of unselfish gift that these two have provided should not be overlooked as mere folly, but rather a strong passion where they have put everyone on the line...life, money and reputation.

How many are prepared to make such a contribution, and offer their works for free? Few, if any. Any fair minded person knows that money is a means of exchange, and absolutely required to run any business or charitable endeavor. Further, the laborer is worthy of their hire, and obviously the level of character shines through so often when mere man is asked to separate money from his wallet. There is no doubt Bill and Kerry have proven and demonstrated they are willing to give their entire wallet, and life and reputation, to this cause.

I suggest we not waste our energy on those who will not reach into their pocket at all, but rather merely complain seeking everything for free. It is this view that has made us slaves to these wicked rulers in this world.
Fair statements. A request made a day or two ago to Bill & Kerry was a simple request. Do those with insider information or indeed whistleblowers need to contribute to the running of this site? For they too have, over the years given much to inform joe public. Time, money, intimidation, threats, harassment and physical harm have been endured, and still they step forward bravely to disclose hidden data. A response would be appreciated, just for the record. Thankyou.

THE WATCHER
THEWATCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 01:13 AM   #18
christian

TheWatcher, that is a great question. Personally, if I were running the site, I would exclude any whistleblower from any fees...absolutely. They put their money on the line each and every time they come forward with any piece of information that saves us time, money and perhaps our own lives. You are speaking about a highly special person who has the brass to put themselves out there...and we know history shows us they may likely loose everything they have worked for during their lives to make a difference. Great question...I would never charge them to come to this forum from the points you raised.
Old 09-12-2008, 01:15 AM   #19
CONDE
Avalon Senior Member

Money is only a concept from our 5% material side...

The other 95% spiritual side of me, just wants to make shure this
amazing form of Avalonic convergence continues at ALL cost.

Frank Conde
www.deathisnormal.com
Old 09-12-2008, 01:46 AM   #20
HaveBlue
Avalon Senior Member

I am personally very much looking foward to this new proposed part of Avalon.
By having to pay to be part of it will hopefully sort the wheat from the chaff so to speak.
I do not intend any offense to anyone here when I say that. Every body that wants to post should of course be allowed to as long as they are respecting all other members and therefore themselves too.
However there are alot of posts that are not important or applicable to me(this post may well be one of them in some others minds too of course!) and by being in a forum that is being charged for this will limit the stuff I have to skip to reach the good stuff.
And most importantly I am, along with many others I'm sure more than happy to see to it that Camelot/Avalon remains viable and keeps going well into the future. Naturally it takes resources and money to do this. In my mind money is only another source of energy. The intent is what makes it good or bad energy. Supporting Camelot/Avalon with money can surely be sending 'good energy'.
If anyone in admin reads this please PM or email me with the details as soon as the pay per view section is up and running.
Thank you,
Kind regards,Stephen
HaveBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 03:17 AM   #21
Stephen

If people do not want to give then don't.

It doesn't matter if someone gives a lot or a little IF they are not doing it from the heart then it is meaningless....

I do not use PayPal myself. I do not trust it....
I simply mail a check as I have done in the past.
Old 09-12-2008, 04:33 AM   #22
CONDE
Avalon Senior Member

Wise words Mr. De Niro.
And yes, pay Pal and E-bay are the devil !
Old 09-12-2008, 04:07 PM   #23
Stephen

Question to Bill & Kerry: If we do pay for a subscription will we receive a lot more PMs?
50 is not near enough. Unlimited would be ideal!

Thanks for any and all answers!
Old 09-12-2008, 05:17 PM   #24
Kate
Avalon Senior Member

Location: currently UK, searching for a safe relocation in next year

Hi folks its me again!
Hello Bill and Kerry!!

Just been flicking through the posts and giving some thought to a possible 'middle ground solution' ....how about including these options so EVERYONE is happy...

1. paypal/visa area for people who are happy to make the standard payment

2. option for bigger/ no ceiling payment from those who have the money and want to invest in this site and contribute to the 'bigger cause'?

3. option to sign up for a 'points' system for people who cant justify a cash payment of any sorts? eg...some point/rewards can be achieved by logging in and participating in certain numbers of posts? extra rewards for helping out/moderating etc.....once a certain number of points are achieved those people can have full access to all the site?

4. A 'visitor' only option where people can view a selection of posts ( but NOT access the private forum posts/interaction with the Interview whistlblowers) . Only a certain amount of visits per day....and if curious visitors are keen enough to know more and get involved, there is the 'paid members zone' with full access to everything!!

If this would be possible to implement, i believe this could cover ALL the previous issues discussed...

what do ya think? could this be a feasable solution?
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 05:25 PM   #25
granny
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: waste and beg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild_Rose View Post
So, nowone push you to join this forum...anyway,.....
how you write.... you proove that you don't like Kerry, so, what you are doing here?....you don't have something else more imortant then this?....spend your time doing things that you like...in this way you will find yourself.....

Obvious Troll attack ... best to ignore the either misinformed or deliberate disinfo troll-folks.

Gran
granny is offline   Reply With Quote