Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > What’s Going Down > News And Updates

Notices

Old 12-02-2008, 08:44 PM   #1
giovonni
Avalon Senior Member

Angry Justice needs to be served in 2009: globalresearch.ca

Greeting's Avalonian's'

Justice needs to be served in 2009!
by Andrew Hughes

http://globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=11256

Unfortunately, I don't see any of this happening; What do you think?

giovonni
giovonni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 09:46 PM   #2
deb003
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Justice needs to be served in 2009: globalresearch.ca

I wish it to be true, but from the cabinet that Obama just picked, I sadly think these murderers will get off free, for now. Until there is a revolution and the people stand up again or until we as a human race co-create something different than what is taking effect right now.

It seems to me that this new cabinet/administration is planing to put the cherry on the top of what Bush and his sick regime has just finished.

They will try to disarm the country and that won't go clean.

Justice will be served at some point. It's the law of Karma. me thinks.
deb003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 10:10 PM   #3
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb003 View Post
I wish it to be true, but from the cabinet that Obama just picked, I sadly think these murderers will get off free, for now. Until there is a revolution and the people stand up again or until we as a human race co-create something different than what is taking effect right now.

It seems to me that this new cabinet/administration is planing to put the cherry on the top of what Bush and his sick regime has just finished.

They will try to disarm the country and that won't go clean.

Justice will be served at some point. It's the law of Karma. me thinks.
Sure, be quick to judge when the new administration hasn't even had a chance to do anything.

Disagree with a few picks but have a feeling that Obama will challenge the people who work for him. Same people, different boss. Who knows?
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 03:35 AM   #4
deb003
Avalon Senior Member

Humble.

Since I've been studying the clintons for years now, there's not allot of optimisn. What about Gates, and the Attorney General who worked for Reno and pardoned people who paid him off. Come on.
I don't need to see what they are Going to do. All I have to look is at what they have done in the past.

Please do more homework or you'll find yourself one day in a police state trying to figure out what the heck happened.
deb003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 03:46 AM   #5
RubyTuesday
Avalon Senior Member

Here's a good article regarding Obama's selections. I posted a small tidbit but there's much more at the link. We all need to be watchful- doesn't mean we can't still be hopeful, though. Cautiously optimistic maybe?

http://www.alternet.org/audits/10766...s_white_house/

Quote:
Amid the euphoria over Obama's election and the end of the Bush era, it is critical to recall what 1990s U.S. foreign policy actually looked like. Bill Clinton's boiled down to a one-two punch from the hidden hand of the free market, backed up by the iron fist of U.S. militarism. Clinton took office and almost immediately bombed Iraq (ostensibly in retaliation for an alleged plot by Saddam Hussein to assassinate former President George H.W. Bush). He presided over a ruthless regime of economic sanctions that killed hundreds of thousands of Iraqis, and under the guise of the so-called No-Fly Zones in northern and southern Iraq, authorized the longest sustained U.S. bombing campaign since Vietnam.

Under Clinton, Yugoslavia was bombed and dismantled as part of what Noam Chomsky described as the "New Military Humanism." Sudan and Afghanistan were attacked, Haiti was destabilized and "free trade" deals like the North America Free Trade Agreement and the General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade radically escalated the spread of corporate-dominated globalization that hurt U.S. workers and devastated developing countries. Clinton accelerated the militarization of the so-called War on Drugs in Central and Latin America and supported privatization of U.S. military operations, giving lucrative contracts to Halliburton and other war contractors. Meanwhile, U.S. weapons sales to countries like Turkey and Indonesia aided genocidal campaigns against the Kurds and the East Timorese.

The prospect of Obama's foreign policy being, at least in part, an extension of the Clinton Doctrine is real. Even more disturbing, several of the individuals at the center of Obama's transition and emerging foreign policy teams were top players in creating and implementing foreign policies that would pave the way for projects eventually carried out under the Bush/Cheney administration. With their assistance, Obama has already charted out several hawkish stances. Among them:

-- His plan to escalate the war in Afghanistan;

-- An Iraq plan that could turn into a downsized and rebranded occupation that keeps U.S. forces in Iraq for the foreseeable future;

-- His labeling of Iran's Revolutionary Guard as a "terrorist organization;"

-- His pledge to use unilateral force inside of Pakistan to defend U.S. interests;

-- His position, presented before the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC), that Jerusalem "must remain undivided" -- a remark that infuriated Palestinian officials and which he later attempted to reframe;

-- His plan to continue the War on Drugs, a backdoor U.S. counterinsurgency campaign in Central and Latin America;

-- His refusal to "rule out" using Blackwater and other armed private forces in U.S. war zones, despite previously introducing legislation to regulate these companies and bring them under U.S. law.

Obama did not arrive at these positions in a vacuum. They were carefully crafted in consultation with his foreign policy team.
RubyTuesday is offline   Reply With Quote