Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 10-08-2009, 05:22 AM   #1
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

Default Eight years ago

On October 7, 2001, the United States attacked Afghanistan.

Today, on the eighth anniversary of the war, the generals are requesting another escalation of 40,000 American troops for next year, as well as a rapid expansion of the Afghan national army and police. The Obama administration is re-evaluating its strategy and considering not sending the additional troops. But President Obama is still saying that he does not plan to substantially reduce current troop levels.

We need this war to end.... understand how important it is to raise social consciousness ..and take back our freedom....remember this post?

Ultimate Reality and War

several months ago..I ran across someone who wrote something and claimed..all of our problems are because of the "Jews"...I got angry (EGO)...then I made a statement in tears and anger...on a thread called "who am I"..this part I want to share...

Who am I? I'm a mother of three sons, and one grandchild. I'm a musician, I'm the one you pass at the market when shopping...I cry at sad movies, and happy endings. I'm the one you honk at at the traffic light because I'm changing the radio station and not paying attention to the light. I'm the one who can't stand to see the starving children in deprived countries. I'm the one who stood by and watched the twin towers fall in disbelief. I'm the one who watched the United States go to war for the sake of oil and power. I'm the one who woke up to the fact that it is all an illusion...one created to use us against each other.

I'm the one who want's to wake up and find that the illusion is over..that mankind stood up and said ...we are through with your lies...we want only the truth and nothing else will be acceptable. We will stop working your war machine...we want nothing to do with your power agendas. we want to see the starvation end, and the suffering ended. We want the children to be nothing but loved. We hold our future dear to us and will not accept your blaintent lies. we don't care about your boarders...we care about our neighbors...we send them love. We bless them with kindness and giving. We will rebuild our future with strength of compassion. Hate is not a word we use in our vocabulary. Giving is our key to success.

Then and only then will the tears I shed today turn tears of joy. Then mankind can collect the grand prize....the universal prize of humanity shedding it's mask of animal behavior.....and we will be able to join the ranks of Sharing universal love of humanity and creation throughout the universe.

Why do wars start:

This is grossly oversimplified, but it's basically not much different than robbery. That other country has something we want, let's take it away from them. The "something" can be land, resources, people (to convert to a different religion, for work, etc). The "something" can also be power, if the war-starting country perceives "the other guys" to be powerful, and decides to take them out before they get too powerful. Take a big dose of greed, add in a few dashes of fear, and season with a disregard for human life, and you get the recipe for war.

This world was crated complete..one large mass...not separated by countries...boarders...We..the ego driven society made boarders..we made countries...created and formed by WAR...

Sad really..the separation...the isolation...unity for what? A Country? Is that who we are? Are we a country...I am an American? No I'm just me..living in a nation..that was created from the struggle of war based on Freedom that is slowly being taken away. Created by society structure..and above all...Power over other nations

That is the Ultimate Reality of War
social Consciousness needs to rise above the injustice..above the decisions that are laid out, and take back our power of Knowing the truth

so anyone here in the United States ...please contact the White House at
202-456-1111 or http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/d...wGK5RxUkkx94Zb

Tell President Obama not to send more troops to Afghanistan, to withdraw our troops and to promote peace.

Be the change

BROOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 06:23 AM   #2
P4BL0
Banned

Wink

Last edited by P4BL0; 10-26-2009 at 07:38 AM.
P4BL0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 03:21 PM   #3
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Eight years ago

Quote:
But it takes a great deal of courage to take responsibility for our selves.

Yes P4blo it does take courage to take responsibility....Freedom takes responsibility...Sigmund Freud once said
"Most people do not really want freedom, because freedom involves responsibility, and most people are frightened of responsibility
"

People have been lulled to sleep..thinking that
the power to control a situation such as war is out of their control. That the government is so powerful that "we the people" are just going to have to deal with our small part of the planet..that small space around us that says...this is our world..and that other stuff out there is out of our hands...there is nothing we are able to do.

Don't you see that that is exactly how the PTB want you to think? This is the conditioning that has led us to this point?

But that small space around us is closing in...that stuff that is "out of our control" to take responsibility for is knocking on our door. And very soon it will be so close we will not be able to turn away from it anymore. And why is it getting so close?....because we have failed to take a stand....we chose to solve only our own problems...and allowed it to get out of control.

But take that small space around you....now picture bombs exploding in it...and children and women...families being murdered....will you feel the same way? Would you have chosen to take it all back ....and began to take responsibility to see that it does not happen...wishing that more had stood up to the tyranny to prevent the killing? Because...inside those wars...that is exactly what is going through the minds of the victims...They wish the had the power to make it STOP.

I realize what the government system is all about...but if we just sit there and do nothing..they have already won. They have achieved their goal of making you powerless over your world. Yes..the reality of the situation is darker then they can handle..and do you know why?
Because they have told you that....one of the biggest catch phrases lately is "you can't handle the truth"...do you think that is an accident that every one uses it? It is used because that is what you have been programmed to believe.

And they rock you in the cradle of deception....making you believe you are powerless over anything other then that little space that is around you...you have no control over the atrocity of war. They are even so cleaver as to make you cheer it on...giving you such a good cause as 'terrorism"....the other programmed catch word. They deem mass murder as "justice"..they even throw "freedom" in there to season the soup.

The reality that is hard to digest...is that no one seems to believe they can do anything..that they are powerless...that is the biggest lie they have given you.
Here is a picture of ONE man...standing up...and how powerful he is
against an army of tanks...Now tell me we don't have the power

We DO have the power...we just have to chose to stand up and be counted...you decide....because that small space around you is truly closing in.

This thread was created, because I belong to this organization..and this information came from a news letter...

http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/d...FOApRxUkkx94Zb

Which I belong to ...because I cannot stand to sit back and do nothing..because I work many hours...and I need to do something...even the smallest move makes a ripple in the pond....

It's going to take ALL of us to make a wave

Last edited by BROOK; 10-08-2009 at 03:33 PM.
Old 10-08-2009, 04:24 PM   #4
P4BL0
Banned

Wink Re: Eight years ago

Last edited by P4BL0; 10-26-2009 at 07:37 AM.
P4BL0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 04:32 PM   #5
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

P4BLO...I wish I had time to respond better...glad I set a spark there

I'm on my way out to door on a trip..but I leave you with a song that is stirring....enjoy it and may it set a fire in your heart

Be the change
Old 10-08-2009, 04:47 PM   #6
Fredkc
Project Avalon Member

Quote:
Sigmund Freud once said
"Most people do not really want freedom, because freedom involves responsibility, and most people are frightened of responsibility
"
I carry another one with me, by Paul Craig Roberts, a PhD in economics, and an adviser to Pres. Reagan. He has spoken out about our self-made financial ruin, and our wars based upon lies, from gitgo. It has cost him many friends, allies, and a good deal of his writing career.
"It may be that the American people are no longer educated, or interested enough to sustain a free society."
God I was mad when I read that! "How dare he (one of my fav. financial writers) say something so pessimistic, and hopeless about our/his country?"

He and I had corresponded before on his articles. I steamed and fumed for about three days, looking for the perfect way to phrase an email, that kept coming down to a simple, "You Jerk!"

And then came the "Aha! moment". I wasn't mad at him, at all ! What I was upset about was the fact that, having agreed with, and having written myself for years along the same lines as he, I actually agreed this was a distinct possibility. I just didn't like it - didn't want to admit it.

Sadder yet is, despite the growing number of "points of light" amongst our population, it seems truer by the day.

The fact is that, while the American people are easily led, we are also "slow to anger". This appears to be one of those cases. I don't think you will see the majority here angry over what has been wrought, until that majority finds itself alone and hungry in a world they've "allowed" to be brought to them.

Still I hope for better. We can do better.

Many moons ago (1987), I spent 3 weeks in Karachi Pakistan, on business. The number of warm, friendly people I met really did floor me.

I spent 4 years in South America, so until that time, I thought I had a pretty good handle on what "poor" meant. I had NO friggin idea!

It was February. The trees that lined the streets, though devoid of leaves, were beautiful. They appeared to be strewn with multi-colored little clouds, or puffs of cotton candy, on every limb. We had hired a man, named Baluch (actually his nickname, as he came from the Baluchistan province) and his car to shuttle us around town.

I finally asked Baluch what they were. "Those are all the belongings of workers. Each day they bundle up their worldly possessions, and put them high in the trees before they go to work, to keep thieves and kids from fooling with them. At night, they come find their bundle, and then go find somewhere to sleep." Imagine a working populace that can't even afford an apartment.

One of the most lasting memories I have, occured while waiting for a red light to change. At the corner sat a man, his wife son, and daughter. They had "squatted" on an abandoned bus stop. In a lean-to, made from one piece of corrugated metal, sat his wife, and daughter. They were cooking. Out in front sat the man with the tools of his trade. A hammer, screwdriver, and tin snips.

Strewn about him were piles of empty cans, rusted out mufflers, and steel wool. An independent businessman, these were his "stock in trade". He would take a muffler, snip away the rusted parts, then clean out the rusted interior. After replacing that with mounds of steel wool, he would cut up and fashion a cover for the hole from an old Pepsi can, then using hose clamps, joined together, cover the hole with the formed Pepsi can and... Voila!
One repaired muffler, ready for sale!
Imagine an economy where even a rusted out muffler is STILL something too "valuable" to throw away. For a moment, put yourself there. Imagine having three hand tools, no home, no job! How would you provide for even yourself, let alone a wife and two children? Now that is true faith, and bravery!

It has been 20+ years since then. I sometimes wonder about that man, and the son he was training in the family business. Is he still alive? Did/was his son forced to carry it on, to keep family fed? Or did he somehow "change his stars"?

I am also struck by the question:
What kind of paranoid thinking does it require to presume our position in this world is made one iota better, or safer, by making war on this man?
Who could call it "just"? I know we can do better.

Give me a few minutes, and I'll type up another one. I want to post this one before I somehow lose it, or exceed the post size limit.

Fred

Evil cannot be killed. Only redeemed.

Chat us up at: Avalon Chat

Last edited by Fredkc; 10-08-2009 at 05:10 PM.
Fredkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 05:53 PM   #7
Swanny
I dont need a label !

On my travels I went to a tiny island Called Gili Trawangan (Tralala) in Indonsia.
They are no motor vehicles on the island, only ponys and carts. I got to know one of the men working on the carts.
He told me he takes about £2 a day, £1 of that he has to pay for rent of the pony and cart.
He lived in a very small tin shed with his wife and two small children.
By a westerners standards he is living in poverty.
But he is without doubt the happiest man I have ever met, I would swap my life with his in a second.

The western world tells you that unless you have a nice car, house, tele etc then you are a failier.
I think people in the western world are poorer because they think they must have stuff.
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote