Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Global Ground Crew Networking > Canada

Notices

Old 12-31-2009, 07:30 AM   #1
Starlah
Avalon Senior Member

Post PM Stephen Harper Ties The Knot With 3 Prorogations Since Taking Office

The Canadian Parliament House of Commons has suspended its sessions until March 3rd/2010 which begs the question of whether this Conservative coalition led by Prime Minister Stephen Harper knows what it means to be democratically accountable to the people of Canada.
Subversion of parliamentary democracy appears to be "the name of the game" for this holidaying Prime Minister until after the Olympics are over with....
no doubt most Canadians will see him in the movies on the Whistler slopes with "Scambell" Premier Gordon Campbell each of them drinking a "toddy" to ease their supposed woes.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/0...iament_suspend

The suspension of parliamentary activity means Conservative cabinet ministers won't face daily questions from their political opponents.

It also means all committees will be disbanded, scuttling the hearings into the controversial handling of Afghan detainees, for example.

It means the Conservatives will have time to fill five Senate vacancies with their own allies, robbing the Liberals of a majority in the upper house.

And it means the Conservatives will have more control over the timing of an election call, by making votes on the budget and the throne speech a confidence issue.

__________________________________________________ __________
Starlah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 02:51 PM   #2
no caste
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: PM Stephen Harper Ties The Knot With 3 Prorogations Since Taking Office

Starlah - Since the GG consented to this latest prorogation, do you suppose she is doing the Queen's bidding, or is the GG an independent decision-maker about it? For instance, I wrote my MP and the GG, but should I be writing the Queen as Executive? And really, if so, is the Queen ready for a bunch of emails from disgruntled Canadians? What exactly is her function and democratic infrastructure to respond, to act or to even care? What are Her motives anyway?! Are they even stated clearly somewhere... anywhere... ? In a kind of policy statement.... ?

In Stephen Harper's own words ('97): We have an executive, we have two legislative houses, and we have a Supreme Court. However, our executive is the Queen, who doesn't live here. Her representative is the Governor General, who is an appointed buddy of the Prime Minister.

I don't want to follow the gossip, statements, photo shoots, history on the 'The official website of the British Monarchy,' fascinating as it may be. I want to click on a link that says Canada - How we govern you and PS don't email me. Please.

http://www.royal.gov.uk/

It's all behind the scenes. I chose my Realm (Canada) as a member of the Commonwealth, but the general websites are the same for all the Commonwealth countries. Should I check Media Information? Does the GG pass on Her emails (from disgruntled Canadians) to The Queen? Is there even a protocol? Can Canadians see these reports, if there are any? Or is that too much to ask for the little pisswash public?

Stephen Harper has already axed all kinds of Access to Information freedoms. So, who do I complain to about it.

Last edited by no caste; 01-01-2010 at 03:08 PM.
no caste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 07:23 AM   #3
Starlah
Avalon Senior Member

Post Re: PM Stephen Harper Ties The Knot With 3 Prorogations Since Taking Office

Quote:
Originally Posted by no caste View Post
Starlah - Since the GG consented to this latest prorogation, do you suppose she is doing the Queen's bidding, or is the GG an independent decision-maker about it?

The Governor-General prorogated (suspended) Parliament on the request of the PM Stephen Harper. The question that needs an answer is whether she made an informed, non-partisan and impartial decision to do so as the representative of the Head of State (Queen of England) here in Canada.

For instance, I wrote my MP and the GG, but should I be writing the Queen as Executive?

Maybe so since many consider her to be the Queen of Canada (Canada being a Monarchy on paper) along with her other "Queenie" titles for the other Commonwealth states.

And really, if so, is the Queen ready for a bunch of emails from disgruntled Canadians?

Possibly...apparently she hopped on a bus in England the other day so maybe there is still a shred of hope for her.

What exactly is her function and democratic infrastructure to respond, to act or to even care? What are Her motives anyway?! Are they even stated clearly somewhere... anywhere... ? In a kind of policy statement.... ?

A search engine googling 'Head of State Queen of England per Commonwealth Nations might give a lead.....

In Stephen Harper's own words ('97): We have an executive, we have two legislative houses, and we have a Supreme Court. However, our executive is the Queen, who doesn't live here. Her representative is the Governor General, who is an appointed buddy of the Prime Minister.

Stephen Harper's ego is as big as his stomach...as usual he twists words around to suit his purposes....

http://devinjohnston.ca/blog/2008/12...-chief-justice

I don't want to follow the gossip, statements, photo shoots, history on the 'The official website of the British Monarchy,' fascinating as it may be. I want to click on a link that says Canada - How we govern you and PS don't email me. Please.

http://www.royal.gov.uk/

It's all behind the scenes. I chose my Realm (Canada) as a member of the Commonwealth, but the general websites are the same for all the Commonwealth countries. Should I check Media Information? Does the GG pass on Her emails (from disgruntled Canadians) to The Queen? Is there even a protocol? Can Canadians see these reports, if there are any? Or is that too much to ask for the little pisswash public?

Stephen Harper has already axed all kinds of Access to Information freedoms. So, who do I complain to about it.
A search engine googling 'Head of State Queen of England per Commonwealth Nations might give a lead or approach the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Canada Beverly McLachlin.
__________________________________________________ _______________
Kick at the darkness til it bleeds daylight..............Bruce Cockburn
Old 01-02-2010, 07:37 AM   #4
Starlah
Avalon Senior Member

Post Re: PM Stephen Harper Ties The Knot With 3 Prorogations Since Taking Office

Also worthy of mention is that a Facebook group called
"Canadians Against Suspending Parliament" is organizing rallies across the country slated for January 23rd/10.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/e...2474562&ref=ts
Kick at the darkness til it bleeds daylight.............Bruce Cockburn
Old 01-05-2010, 04:45 AM   #5
metaw3
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: PM Stephen Harper Ties The Knot With 3 Prorogations Since Taking Office

Maybe it has to do with a planned attack at the Olympics:

Quote:
There are many suspicious things going on that lead us paranoid freaks to question whether there may be an intention to carry out a false flag attack at the Vancouver Olympics in February 2010. Prime Minister Harper has mysteriously prorogued Parliament until after the Olympics, without giving any valid reason. The company in charge of security at the Vancouver airport also happens to be Verint, the same company that was in charge of security for the London Underground at the time of the 7/7 attacks, after which all video cameras were said to not be functioning during the incident.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sa6_wBgxtw
metaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 05:02 AM   #6
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

If you ever want to see the worse of conservatism, Canada still has a Bush crony in office.

Screw Harper. I hope Canadians fry his bacon.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 05:10 PM   #7
no caste
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble Janitor View Post
If you ever want to see the worse of conservatism, Canada still has a Bush crony in office.

Screw Harper. I hope Canadians fry his bacon.
HJ -We're working on that!!

Starlah - Thanks for all of those great responses. Whew, I was hoping those weren't rhetorical questions! Must admit, still wondering WTF on this $^&*(#%$#.

I checked the Facebook site too - awesome!!

More stupid news - Obama is back from holidays in Hawai'i to discuss security issues, like the 7 dead CIA agents and 1 dead Jordanian intelligence officer in Afghanistan (the double agent who killed them was let into the facility without a body check). Obama is supposed to make a statement about airport security.

So, John Baird will probably do something In Synch, re airport security, since our government appears to have no mind of its own, head up the a** of you-know-who. Wiggle Waggle Walkathon.

metaw3 - I've wondered about that too. All this heightened BS.
Old 01-05-2010, 05:14 PM   #8
Céline
Avalon Senior Member

Being from Quebec...Federal politics is always a sore subject.

Mr. Harper is not running a country, he is fulfilling an agenda...

The Federal separatists, were willing to team up with the opposition to stop him...didnt work...

We canadians can be to nice sometime...

it is time to take action...
Céline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 04:09 AM   #9
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

MAYBE WE SHOULD WORK ON A LETTER TO MR. HARPER:

AN OPEN LETTER TO MR. HARPER
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 11:11:11

Dear Mr. Harper,

Please find below my suggestion for fixing Canada's economy.

Instead of giving billions of dollars to banks and car companies,
that THEY will squander and waste
the money on lavish parties
and unearned bonuses,

we suggest you utilsie the following plan:

There are about 20 million people over 50 in the work force.

Pay everyone who is over 50
$1 million apiece severance for early retirement
with the following stipulations:

1) They MUST retire. Twenty million job openings
- Unemployment fixed.

2) They MUST buy a new Canadian CAR. Twenty million cars ordered -
Auto Industry fixed.

3) They MUST either buy a house or pay off their mortgage
- Housing Crisis fixed.

4) They must send their kids to school / college /university
- Crime rate fixed

5) They must buy $50 of alcohol / tobacco / petrol a week...
there's your money

back in duty / tax etc

It can NOT get any easier than that!

P.S. If more money is needed,
have all members of parliament pay back
their falsely claimed expenses and second home allowances.

If you think this would work,
please forward to everyone you know.

If not, please disregard
THE eXchanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 07:54 AM   #10
Starlah
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE eXchanger View Post

Dear Mr. Harper,

and unearned bonuses,

- Unemployment fixed.

Auto Industry fixed.

- Housing Crisis fixed.

- Crime rate fixed

there's your money

back in duty / tax etc

If not, please disregard

Point #5 would "disqualify" many Canadians over 50 who don't indulge in those particular "vices"....even though I enjoy them...and point #4 is obsolete as there are many Canadians over 50 who have no children that would welcome a severance package of $1million for early retirement.
The word "retirement" is a wonky word anyways....its meant to reflect a person's level of income......and whether you've been slogging away at the same job for X number of years.
How can a person feel truly "retired" or in "retirement mode" if they have had a patchy work history, accumulated minimal income or assets from their work experiences and yet are approaching "retirement age". Unless a person is physically or mentally disabled the word "retirement" becomes obsolete even to the banks.

Kick at the darkness til it bleeds daylight.............Bruce Cockburn
Old 01-10-2010, 07:43 PM   #11
no caste
Avalon Senior Member

Starlah! By Jove, I think I got it!

For correspondence relating to issues of Canadian concern, Her Majesty defers to the Governor General,
in her role as a representative of the Crown, for all other correspondence. For most topics, please address your
enquiries to:

Correspondence
Policy, Program And Protocol Branch
Rideau Hall
1 Sussex Drive
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0A1

http://www.gg.ca/document.aspx?id=325

Also, re Canada's Governor General -

# By Email: info@gg.ca
# By Phone: 613-993-8200
# Toll-free in Canada and the United States: 1-800-465-6890

If you wish to write to the Governor General you may address the letter to:

Her Excellency the Right Honourable Michaëlle Jean
Governor General of Canada
Rideau Hall
1 Sussex Drive
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0A1
(no postage necessary)

The full title of the Governor General is:

Her Excellency
The Right Honourable Michaëlle Jean, C.C., C.M.M., C.O.M., C.D.

The title of the Governor General's spouse is:

His Excellency Jean-Daniel Lafond, C.C.

You can write to His Excellency at the same address.

If you want to write to both of them, address the letter to:

Their Excellencies
The Right Honourable Michaëlle Jean
and Mr. Jean-Daniel Lafond

The salutation is: Excellencies

Lots of Excellencies!
Old 01-10-2010, 09:28 PM   #12
mkspllmn
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE eXchanger View Post

Dear Mr. Harper,

and unearned bonuses,

- Unemployment fixed.

Auto Industry fixed.

- Housing Crisis fixed.

- Crime rate fixed

there's your money

back in duty / tax etc

If not, please disregard
eXchanger (or at least 1 of the 13) FOR PRESIDENT!!!

mkspllmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 03:40 AM   #13
no caste
Avalon Senior Member

This is on Democratic Underground - Mon Jan-11-10 07:40 PM

Parliament Prorogued to Shut Down Afghan Inquiry: Flanagan
Power & Politics Video: "Everybody knows that the Parliament was prorogued in order to shut down the Afghan inquiry..."

http://www.cbc.ca/video/#/News/Politics/ID=1383056826

I don't know what Tom Flanagan is doing lately, but I'll bet you Harper is kicking chairs tonight.
Old 01-12-2010, 07:36 PM   #14
no caste
Avalon Senior Member

Arthur Kent's website:

AFGHAN QUAGMIRE SILENCES CANADA’S HOUSE OF COMMONS
Jan 9-10

In truth, there has been an unwritten fatwa maintained by the Prime Minister’s Office against discussion of any and all controversial aspects of the Afghan debacle, as evidenced by the PMO’s consistent refusal to comment on the investigations reported here since Skyreporter went on line in March, 2007.

As a result of this information control freakery, Canadians have been treated to a rose-tinted depiction of the crumbling House of Karzai. By concealing the regime’s corruption, the government and its NATO allies hoped to avoid having to do anything about it.
http://www.skyreporter.com/
Old 01-13-2010, 02:16 AM   #15
Bamboo
Avalon Senior Member

I'm sure the PM suffers from Asperger's or some other form of autism, like Bill Gates and many others supposedly "functioning" autists...

Either that or he's just another cunning sociopath
Bamboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 02:24 AM   #16
Starlah
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Starlah! By Jove, I think I got it!

For correspondence relating to issues of Canadian concern, Her Majesty defers to the Governor General,
in her role as a representative of the Crown, for all other correspondence. For most topics, please address your
enquiries to:

Correspondence
Policy, Program And Protocol Branch
Rideau Hall
1 Sussex Drive
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0A1

http://www.gg.ca/document.aspx?id=325

Also, re Canada's Governor General -

# By Email: info@gg.ca
# By Phone: 613-993-8200
# Toll-free in Canada and the United States: 1-800-465-6890

If you wish to write to the Governor General you may address the letter to:

Her Excellency the Right Honourable Michaëlle Jean
Rideau Hall
1 Sussex Drive
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0A1
(no postage necessary)

The full title of the Governor General is:

Her Excellency
The Right Honourable Michaëlle Jean, C.C., C.M.M., C.O.M., C.D.

The title of the Governor General's spouse is:

His Excellency Jean-Daniel Lafond, C.C.

You can write to His Excellency at the same address.

If you want to write to both of them, address the letter to:

Their Excellencies
The Right Honourable Michaëlle Jean
and Mr. Jean-Daniel Lafond

The salutation is: Excellencies

Lots of Excellencies!
__________________________________________________ _____

By Crackie! No Caste......you have done it! You can now contact the Excellencies! I wonder if all these "Excellent" people are Bluebloods?
Just a corrective note to mention that I discovered PM Harper has prorogated Parliament 4x rather than 3x...Member of Parliament for my area Peter Julian mentioned it and feels the whole situation is deplorable and scandalous.
__________________________________________________ ______
Drinking Tea
Old 01-13-2010, 02:42 AM   #17
Snowbird
Avalon Senior Member

Decloaking during the Olympics? Anyone?

Last edited by Snowbird; 01-13-2010 at 02:45 AM.
Snowbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 06:04 AM   #18
no caste
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlah View Post
By Crackie! No Caste......you have done it! You can now contact the Excellencies! I wonder if all these "Excellent" people are Bluebloods?
Just a corrective note to mention that I discovered PM Harper has prorogated Parliament 4x rather than 3x...Member of Parliament for my area Peter Julian mentioned it and feels the whole situation is deplorable and scandalous.
by crackie! yes, GG done and actually the whole CPC roster!

Clement was sad about not getting email complaints, so I wrote him twice. Interesting about 4x. The MP in my area is Conservative. It's just awful - I swear the party loyalists comb through letters, use it as a platform for marketing instead of ... whatever, twist it up for talking points the following day.

This is an interesting table re 'lost days' of work.

28th Parliament - Trudeau (majority)
1969/10/22 - 0 Days
1970/10/7 - 0 Days
1972/2/16 - 0 Days

29th Parliament - Trudeau (majority)
1974/2/26 - 0 Days

30th Parliament - Trudeau (majority)
1976/10/12 - 0 Days
1977/10/17 - 0 Days
1978/10/10 - 0 Days

32nd Parliament - Trudeau (majority)
1983/11/30 - 6 Days

39th Parliament - Harper (minority)
2007/9/14 - 31 Days

40th Parliament - Harper (minority)
2008/12/4 - 62 Days
2009/12/30? - ? Days

--- AND ---

The current PM's objections to prorogation in 2004.

September 9, 2004
Her Excellency the Right Honourable Adrienne Clarkson,C.C., C.M.M., C.O.M., C.D.Governor General
Rideau Hall
1 Sussex Drive
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0A1

Excellency,
As leaders of the opposition parties, we are well aware that, given the Liberal minority government, you could be asked by the Prime Minister to dissolve the 38th Parliament at any time should the House of Commons fail to support some part of the government's program.

We respectfully point out that the opposition parties, who together constitute a majority in the House, have been in close consultation. We believe that, should a request for dissolution arise this should give you cause, as constitutional practicehas determined, to consult the opposition leaders and consider all of your options before exercising your constitutional authority.

Your attention to this matter is appreciated.

Sincerely,
Hon. Stephen Harper, P.C., M.P.Leader of the Opposition Leader of the Conservative Party of Canada
Gilles Duceppe, M.P.Leader of the Bloc Quebecois
Jack Layton, M.P.Leader of the New Democratic Party

It would be great to get more information about the 1-2-3-4- Harper prorogues. Mostly with the Excellencies lol I'm just trying to figure out how this country has gone constitutionally down the bowl. There was something I read about the UK changing things in 2007 (they had a similar situation), where prorogues now have to be voted on in the House of Commons. For me what is going on is clearly an abuse of power and partisanship at its dangerous worst.

It's terrible.

Last edited by no caste; 01-13-2010 at 06:09 AM.
Old 01-13-2010, 06:18 AM   #19
no caste
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbird View Post
Decloaking during the Olympics? Anyone?
Maybe! Maybe nasal spray for the masses via air show or crappy air filters. Everybody can take home a little bio souvenir.

The mind wanders
Old 01-13-2010, 07:16 AM   #20
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Céline View Post
Being from Quebec...Federal politics is always a sore subject.

Mr. Harper is not running a country, he is fulfilling an agenda...

The Federal separatists, were willing to team up with the opposition to stop him...didnt work...

We canadians can be to nice sometime...

it is time to take action...
I almost wish Quebec had succeeded in separating from the rest of Canada.

Regardless, I would suggest rallies with signs telling Harper to get his pasty white ass back to work. Can't you guys impeach the ******* or anything?
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 09:30 PM   #21
Starlah
Avalon Senior Member

No Caste or anyone who has joined the Facebook Link which I received from my Yukon friends regarding rallies across Canada slated for January 23rd/10 could you give me the date, time and info for the rally in Vancouver, British Columbia?....thanks.....I have an aversion for Facebook and to get any information you have to be a member of Facebook.
Old 01-14-2010, 12:24 AM   #22
no caste
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlah View Post
No Caste or anyone who has joined the Facebook Link which I received from my Yukon friends regarding rallies across Canada slated for January 23rd/10 could you give me the date, time and info for the rally in Vancouver, British Columbia?....thanks.....I have an aversion for Facebook and to get any information you have to be a member of Facebook.
Not a FBooker either tho' I've thought of becoming one to Be A Fan! of the anti-prorogue site. Here's another website: complete Canada-wide information

Vancouver Info & Events

RALLY LOCATION: Vancouver Art Gallary, March to Victory Square
RALLY DATE: Saturday January 23rd @ 1pm local time

No Prorogue! MPs Back to Work on Jan 25
http://noprorogue.ca/

Spread it around for anti-facebookers
Old 01-14-2010, 01:07 AM   #23
no caste
Avalon Senior Member

It looks like one inquiry is continuing - could be where everyone is.

CPCCA INQUIRY PANEL TO CONTINUE THROUGH PROROGATION
CPCCA Inquiry Panel to hear additional witnesses including Hon. Jason Kenney, Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism (January 11th, 2010)
The Canadian Parliamentary Coalition to Combat Antisemitism will continue to hear testimony from professionals throughout the Canadian justice and law enforcement system as it prepares to wrap up its hearings... Once the hearings are completed the Inquiry Panel will write a report to be published and presented to the Government of Canada in the spring of 2010.
http://www.cpcca.ca/home.htm

IN-DEPTH ARTICLE: "We’re calling on activists around the globe to organize an action between December 27th through December 31st to send Obama, the US State Department and Congress a message to pressure the Israeli government to Lift the Siege on Gaza Now! 'Is it anti-semitic to defend Palestinian human rights?' By Edward C. Corrigan, BA, MA, LL.B. - August 26 2009" http://rainbowwarrior2005.wordpress....dom-of-speech/

No, it's not. Why would it be? Is it criminal to hide behind hate legislation to dehumanize and kill civilians? The timing all coincides with the UN Gaza Report release in March 2010. I've ranted about it:

*here < US/UK dismiss findings
http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=16691

*here < the nightmare business
http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=16697

*here < Iranian physicist killed - motorbike remote
http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=19179

*elsewhere re depleted uranium and white phosphorus, attacks during truces, the Israeli soldiers videos re Standard Operating Procedure, ...
Old 01-14-2010, 01:19 AM   #24
Fredkc
Project Avalon Member

Obviously Canada is a much different place.

Every single day Congress is NOT in session in the US, means
  • Another day without them stealing our money,
  • Trashing their oath, and the Constitution, and
  • One more country we are NOT at war with.
Frankly we'd by money ahead if we simply doubled their salaries, allowed them to take bribes, but forbade them to gather in groups larger than 5.

Fred

Evil cannot be killed. Only redeemed.

Chat us up at: Avalon Chat
Fredkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 07:39 AM   #25
Starlah
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Not a FBooker either tho' I've thought of becoming one to Be A Fan! of the anti-prorogue site. Here's another website: complete Canada-wide information

Vancouver Info & Events

RALLY LOCATION: Vancouver Art Gallary, March to Victory Square
RALLY DATE: Saturday January 23rd @ 1pm local time

No Prorogue! MPs Back to Work on Jan 25
http://noprorogue.ca/

Spread it around for anti-facebookers

Thanks muchly No Caste for this Info and alternate Link to Facebook. Wormhole, Mizar hope you can make the Rally on the 23rd/January.