Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 12-23-2009, 07:03 AM   #1
droid56
Avalon Senior Member

Default Internet disaster scenarios.

In the last 2 or 3 years I began to access various internet sites that feature disaster scenarios, often involving conspiracy elements.

As a result of reading how the banking system was about to collapse because of lots of newly invented phony financial transactions, I took a thousand dollars out of my savings account, expecting bank closures. It never happened. I spent the thousand dollars, over time, so it wasn't a loss.

The swine flu pandemic motivated me to collect enough dried and canned food to wait out at home for a month or two the dangerous world of flu germs floating about in public. Once again, it fizzled. The effort on my part was not worth it.

My new attitude is that a disaster scenario has to enter the world of the sheeple for me to make any moves as a result.

Are you also skeptical about internet disaster scenarios, as I now am?
droid56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 07:17 AM   #2
morganlilith
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Internet disaster scenarios.

having a month's supply of food isn't a bad thing. i think it's prudent to be prepared for any circumstance where you might not be able to get to the store, or where you just need the cash for other expenses. most parts of the country have the occasional weather situation that makes travel (even a short distance) difficult or impossible. and for many people, job loss is too big a reality these days. if you have food on hand, that's one less thing to worry about. the thing, though, is to use and rotate your food storage rather than just hording it and then throwing it all away in 10 years.

in regard to predicted disasters, though, nobody knows what's going to happen with any degree of certainty. i just work toward being able to manage in a varity of circumstances and deal with life one day at a time.
morganlilith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 06:06 PM   #3
bigmo
Avalon Senior Member

Droid56, you bring up a great point.

The doom and gloomers have been
at it a long time so you have to take
what most web sites tell you with a
grain of salt as they will likely change
their opinion tomorrow.

I do not believe anyone can predict
'the future' because the future - like
the present - it is not static but dynamic.

I enjoy reading many of the
prognosticators and am sometimes impressed
by what they have to say. More likely
than not though they forget to remind you of
the predictions they have made that were
'sure to happen' that didn't.

But we have short memories so they move on
to the next item of interest... inflaming as they
proceed, pumping you for whatever finacial gain
they can glean from your presence at their site.

Every great 'once in a while' someone gets something right and you will hear about it for the next 20 years!
My great grandma was a wise old woman and when
asked her opinion on prophecy she was quick to reply...

'Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in a while'

So I remain a skeptic.

Peace
bigmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 06:38 PM   #4
Leunamros
Project Avalon Member

Completely skeptical. More even after knowing how dreadful is human nature: over 95% of those people who want this world of corruption to end, want it ended through doom scenarios. Through death, destruction, and suffering, of everyone else except themselves. This planet is full of bastards like that.

They need doom to shake their ****ing useless, pointless, boring lifes. And the more disgusting thing of that all, is that there are plenty of them who make a living out of it. Don´t want to point a finger on .... but you get the idea.

Last edited by Leunamros; 12-25-2009 at 06:47 PM.
Leunamros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 07:02 AM   #5
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Having a month's supply of food?

Bet I know some neighbors/family that would gladly share it.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 08:03 AM   #6
SiriArc
Avalon Senior Member

Exclamation Catastrophobia

SiriArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 08:23 AM   #7
sjkted
Avalon Senior Member

Do not be alarmed, citizens. Everything is Ok! There is no need to panic. Trust in your government. Do not believe the internet rumors. The economy is getting better. The swine flu shot is for your own good. We are moving into Iraq and Afghanistan to keep you safe. We are nationalizing health care for your own good. Trust us, we looking out for your best interests. Now get back to watching television and shopping!

Sincerely,

The Powers That Be
sjkted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 12:41 PM   #8
Stardustaquarion
Avalon Senior Member

I think that what happens is that there is always 12 provabilities for every thing that may happen. The doom and gloomers focus only on the worse which is the one that "mediums" normally tap into. The lower astral planes...

There are higher provabilities of happy endings too but personally I think that we are somehow at the middle, not too good, not too bad depending how things unfold from now to 2012

The best advise I have ever been given is to focus on what we want to see and prepare for what we don't (without going mad)

When the Roman empire fell there was a lot of disruption, it will not be unthinkable that something similar may happen with the fall of the USA Empire (not that I wish for it) the signs are there

In a nut shell, live life with joy and hope and have some things stored away if you can, the usual stuff that you always have, so if the worse come to pass you are prepared and can find your footing so no need to panic

This are shifting times and no doubt they will awe us for good and bad

Enjoy the holidays

Love
Stardustaquarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 03:00 PM   #9
tigre
Avalon Senior Member

If nasa announced huge solar flares around 2012, that will have the capacity to melt down all the electric sistemson the earth ... I would worry if I would be you

because usualy when officiales announces something bad, it could be much worse than the say ...
if you want to live, be prepared to survive !
and the best way is to learn, so much that you don't need anybody else than you for surviving ...
if you can see the worse you can survive the worse ...
tigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 06:43 PM   #10
Average Joe
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by droid56 View Post
In the last 2 or 3 years I began to access various internet sites that feature disaster scenarios, often involving conspiracy elements.

As a result of reading how the banking system was about to collapse because of lots of newly invented phony financial transactions, I took a thousand dollars out of my savings account, expecting bank closures. It never happened. I spent the thousand dollars, over time, so it wasn't a loss.

The swine flu pandemic motivated me to collect enough dried and canned food to wait out at home for a month or two the dangerous world of flu germs floating about in public. Once again, it fizzled. The effort on my part was not worth it.

My new attitude is that a disaster scenario has to enter the world of the sheeple for me to make any moves as a result.

Are you also skeptical about internet disaster scenarios, as I now am?
Yep.
Average Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 07:16 PM   #11
Steven
Avalon Senior Member

Taking decision motivated by worry and fear are never good decision. The rulers of our world know this too well and get advantage of it every day. Or they secretly create the problems, so we buy their solution, or they make us believe in a non-existant problem, so by beleiving it we make it happen. Both ways are winning for them as long as we play the game. Same is with catastrophic prediction and prophecy. If it is real, chances are high it has been deliberately created. If it is a lie, our focus will make it come to reality.

It is always better to focus on the reality we want, but always be aware the forces to influence our focus on victimhood is the major force of our world.

It does not mean investing on independence from the system is a bad thing. As long as you keep your focus on what you want...

Namaste, Steven
Steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 09:51 PM   #12
sjkted
Avalon Senior Member

Steven: I agree with your post.

The way I see it is that we are in the middle of a war. I'm not talking just about what's going on in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Pakistan. The real war is for the old system to be destroyed so the new system can be introduced. It's nowhere near as simple as them vs. us. We're at the end of the rope for this old paradigm, this way of living that the Western world has had since WWII.

The new world they want to implement is to take globalization to the very next level of world government and a reduction in liberties. Instead of being a helper, technology will be here to keep everyone in their place. The teleprompters will be watching everyone just like George Orwell told us they would.

The scares are basically a form of pain compliance. If people resist the new system, they face martial law, terrorist attacks, currency collapse, food shortages, etc. We're between a rock and a hard place so to speak. If we resist or fail to comply, they will take away one of our "privileges". If we still fail to comply, they will take more away.

I see it as very prudent to be taking steps to become more independent such as food storage, renewable energy sources, gold and silver, etc. It's no different from being a tribe of people who know that their next door neighbors are planning to attack them. Preparing doesn't have be accompanied with a fear that the whole world is going to be destroyed, but at this point, it could be dangerous to one's health or life not to have some types of preparation.

--sjkted
sjkted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 12:24 AM   #13
Panta rhei
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjkted View Post
The way I see it is that we are in the middle of a war. I'm not talking just about what's going on in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Pakistan. The real war is for the old system to be destroyed so the new system can be introduced. It's nowhere near as simple as them vs. us. We're at the end of the rope for this old paradigm, this way of living that the Western world has had since WWII.
I completely agree, if you are informed about economic facts and how things really look like behind the scenes of the markets there is no way this system will not collapse. They flood the mainstream media with optimistic news 'it will soon be better' 'the banks are gaining money again' but in fact they lie right to our faces. The bailouts did not prevent anything, they just postponed the even bigger collapse.

But I sincerely believe this does not mean the ptb automatically achieve their goals and will implement their idea of a NWO. They sure will try it... but my guts tell me a lot of folks out there are waking up till the system collapses and the ptb will not succeed... hopefully.

Preparation and food storage is never a bad thing, I have food stored for at least 4 months for each person.
Panta rhei is offline   Reply With Quote