Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 10-18-2008, 12:55 PM   #1
feynman
Avalon Senior Member

Default A Statement of Purpose

In the Handbook for the New Paradigm, they state that the first stage for the ground crew is to come up with a statement of purpose, an all encompasing expression of the new paradigm.

I offer this statement of purpose for the groundcrew as a start.

"A civilization without currency or organized government, based on self-responsibility and personal fulfillment/empowerment, where each is free to give their gifts for the benefit of all, living in balance with technology and nature, and where one's hightest achievement is personal expression and experience on the journey back to the creator."
feynman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 01:24 PM   #2
tomastyme

Default Re: A Statement of Purpose

Love It!
Old 10-18-2008, 11:59 PM   #3
Steven
Avalon Senior Member

Yes. This has to be done. I started a post a couple days after Avalon project was created.

Here: http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...ead.php?t=1936

And here Peace4Gaia did much more:

http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...ead.php?t=1936

And here is something interesting to read about it:

http://www.humansovereignty.org/

Namaste, Steven
Steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 05:56 AM   #4
Reveling John
Avalon Senior Member

Question Re: A Statement of Purpose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven View Post
And here is something interesting to read about it:

http://www.humansovereignty.org/
This statement is interesting and has many good points for further elaboration. I don't believe a statement of sovereignty over physical resources and heritage is quite up to par with dynamics of the new paradigm. The recognition of human society as a separate society from possible ET civilizations is an illusion. If contact took place 50 or 100 years ago I would be able to see the validity of this approach, but now, with all that we know, with all that we will know, with the approaching absolute dissolution of time, the unification of the purpose of the species and of the Earth itself, the species being only one node in the vast network of our ecosystem....with all of these factors emerging, confronting us, and demanding to be integrated in to the common zeitgeist, I can't see a pseudo-declaration of independence as a document worthy of framing this moment.

The context has changed. We are not simply human beings. We are not simply citizen and participants of the ongoing process of this planet's evolution. Heck, some of us are not particularly human outside of the confines of the present experience.

I am a multi-dimensional citizen. I am a piece and replication of the universal mind, of the grand blueprint, of the Gaian initiative, of one and all dimensions through which my being is intersecting, and a soldier of service to the current spiral of novelty and emergence.

However esoteric this may all seem, I believe tenuously and in preparation for a more sophisticated belief system, that each of us will be experiencing a series of quantum shifts. Our self-identifying representation will change wholly and completely not once, but many times between now and the moment of singularity. And when we reach the great moment, we will not necessarily pause in this newly acquired habit of re-identification of self; this may in fact become the normal 'state' of being for inhabitants of this planet.

Therefor an attempt to put down on paper or in language the objective of our transformation seems unnecessary to me. Who knows what each of us will believe from one moment to the next? Experience changes beliefs and we are headed into the mother of all experiences. That has already begun in earnest and I for one am quite confused on the nature of my own beliefs. Not sure which ones I'm going to hold on to at this point. Not sure which ones I want to hold on to.

By the way, where is this 'handbook' you've mentioned?

Thanks,
John
Reveling John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 11:17 AM   #5
Steven
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reveling John View Post
By the way, where is this 'handbook' you've mentioned?

Thanks,
John
Hi John. I agree with you up to some point. Yes, we are multidimensional. But we also manifest here, now in the third dimension. And for the future of planet Earth and Hu-manity, their must be a Unity among Hu-mans. And this Unity has to begin from a common guidelines towards citizenship of the Milky Way.

The only thing I don't agree with in this model of declaration is that it induce that we are alone in the solar system and claim all solar system for ourselves. We may have brothers and sisters inside Earth and into other planets of our solar system. But the overall is quite well made.

Here is the link to the "Handbooks for the New Paradigm" a must read.

http://www.nomorehoaxes.com/shop/pro...642c17111a335c

Namaste, Steven
Steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 11:31 AM   #6
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by feynman View Post
"A civilization without currency or organized government, based on self-responsibility and personal fulfillment/empowerment, where each is free to give their gifts for the benefit of all, living in balance with technology and nature, and where one's hightest achievement is personal expression and experience on the journey back to the creator."
That is a really good statement of purpose.

The one I have been using is similar. I write it in the present tense, because when I am manifesting, I have to visualise the outcome as if it has already happened.

"We live in a world where each human accepts responsibility for their actions, each human lives in harmony with themselves, all other humans and in harmony with the Earth and all of her creatures. We are free from tyranny. The beings who should not have been here have left."

For the highest and best good of all, make it so.

Interestingly, the words " and all of her creatures" I added as a response to reading something on this very forum about three weeks ago

Avalon power!

It occurs to be that this could be an example of some other manifestation template causing me to change mine! Makes my head spin with happiness just thinking about how the forces work through us.

Smiling at you all.

A..

Last edited by Anchor; 11-04-2008 at 10:42 AM. Reason: Spelling again - grrr, added harmony with themselves
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 03:32 PM   #7
feynman
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchor View Post

".... The beings who should not have been here have left."
Now that would be something.

In the Handbook for the New Paradigm they talk about forming a simple, basic statement of purpose for the ground crew, which I interpret as a kind of simple unifying policy statement that the ground crew would rally around and hold as a focus. How it will come together and be known by all I have no idea.

The Handbooks are a must read. It is stated as much on this site, and IMHO they are the underlying impetus and inspiration of this site.
feynman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 03:37 AM   #8
NewParadigmGuy
Avalon Senior Member

Some years ago I was in a Handbook for the New Paradigm discussion group on the internet and a statement of purpose was put together by the group. I happened to save it so I'll post it here:

"For the highest good of all, I reclaim my inheritance as co-creator and joyfully give birth to the loving intentions of Creation.

As we create a new world—a peaceful, loving parallel civilization—we acknowledge that we, and all other life on this planet, have the appropriate guidance and are evolving FREELY at a pace for the Highest Good of All"
NewParadigmGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 07:46 AM   #9
Dean Plejaren
Avalon Senior Member

This is my version of a statement of purpose which I have also posted in another section.

http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...9&postcount=29

Last edited by Anchor; 11-04-2008 at 10:47 AM. Reason: Duplicate post reduced to a link.
Dean Plejaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 01:13 PM   #10
NewParadigmGuy
Avalon Senior Member

I think I may have finally stumbled on an answer to the question (which has puzzled me for years) of why the ground crew has had so much trouble coming up with and agreeing upon an effective statement of purpose.

Message #2 of the first Handbook states "You will only rise to the top with a new vision. We cannot give you that vision. The book of Spiritual Laws provides some guidelines, however the vision must be simple to be powerful."

Despite having purchased and read the book of Spiritual Laws a number of years ago, I was not at that time really ready to understand and apply them. I only recently started doing so and I am finding that my mind is being opened to New Paradigm possibilities in a way that it never was before.

I would guess that much of the ground crew has not read this book, and without having done so I can see how difficult it has been for us to get onto the same page with envisioning what the world would look like if everyone were aware of these principles.

You can buy a copy of "The Spiritual Laws and Lessons of the Universe" from George Green's publishing company, but the book is actually just a reprint of Phoenix Journals #27 and #47 which can be downloaded as pdf files here:

http://www.fourwinds10.com/journals/J26-50.html#J027
Old 11-06-2008, 01:54 PM   #11
historycircus

I like the OP's statement of purpose, but offer this caveat.

I am not sure that a future "without government" is possible. When populations begin to rise, organization is needed. Several times in our collective past we have been without government, and they have been times where gross individualism has cheapened life. Philosophers have debated the necessity of government since recorded history. Plato had his Aristotle. Thomas Hobbes had his Locke.

Locke's arguments make sense to me. He argued humans are inherently good in a state of nature, but government is a necessary evil. There will always be those who seek to assert their individual wants against the interests of humanity (i.e., greed, crime, etc.), and governments, ideally, help mitigate abuse. But governments, if left unchecked and neglected by the people, will become abusive and totalitarian. After all, "government" is not an entity with a life of its own - it is run by humans, and as such, can be subject to the same negative stuff mentioned above. That is why republicanism and democracy were praised in the period of the American Revolution. Ideally, the government would serve to efficiently organize resources for society, and provide a check on the unruly mob. Likewise, when government became abusive, the unruly mob would provide a check on the government.

As long as we remain human beings, there will be those who seek to assert their own individual needs over the rest of us. Like it or not, whatever is coming down the pike for us will not selectively weed out all the bad folks and leave only the good. The more of us there are, the harder it becomes to balance private and public interests with each other. Government structures are a solution there - even if everyone in the future becomes enlightened, service-to-others oriented, there is one more issue to consider: the environment.

We have already brought our planet to the brink of calamity, and we will undoubtedly have to practice a resource-use efficiency that has never existed before if we want to survive as a species. A collective, regulatory structure for efficient resource use will be necessary to preserve what little is left of nature's delicate balance.

Government need not be bad; I think we think of it negatively because it has become pretty terrible over the last few decades. I think government has its place, and I also think it is impractical, and possibly dangerous, to assume that all people will work for the common good all of the time. In an ideal world, government would not be necessary. But we, as a species, too often fail to live up to such ideals.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:23 PM   #12
NewParadigmGuy
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by historycircus View Post
I am not sure that a future "without government" is possible.
"Beyond the family, no organization is necessary."

Handbook for the New Paradigm, Volume 1, Introduction section 2
Old 11-06-2008, 07:15 PM   #13
orb
Avalon Senior Member

I am just not sure how I can translate this for the ants into the back yard. Or for that matter the spider that really likes my bathroom, and I have to keep putting him outside, although often in the cold, to keep his energy in the world in a way he does not affect me. The spider seems to say, but I am a house spider, I say sorry buddy, all spiders outdoors.

"A civilization without currency or organized government, based on self-responsibility and personal fulfillment/empowerment, where each is free to give their gifts for the benefit of all, living in balance with technology and nature, and where one's hightest achievement is personal expression and experience on the journey back to the creator."[/QUOTE]
orb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 01:57 AM   #14
NewParadigmGuy
Avalon Senior Member

Last edited by NewParadigmGuy; 11-09-2008 at 02:00 AM.
Old 11-09-2008, 01:59 AM   #15
NewParadigmGuy
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
That is quite good - one of the best I have seen over the years. I like it!
Old 11-10-2008, 09:37 AM   #16
whitecrow
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
It has a lot of SELF in it. I'm pretty sure that's not what was intended, it's just how I read it. Tweaking a few words would make it perfect. Having said that...

The world has never lacked utopian dreamers. Some efforts have succeeded for a while; some have never made it past the tavern door. We are presuming to hope for a Golden Age, with only the merest idea of how such a transition might actually take place.

It might be fruitful to brainstorm about this in the light of The Iron Mountain Report which only slightly tongue-in-cheek proclaims that war IS civilization, and that the problems of declaring peace are therefore nearly insurmountable.
whitecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 11:52 AM   #17
AussieG
Avalon Senior Member

Put simply "How can I Help"
AussieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 03:50 PM   #18
Jnana
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by feynman
A good start, with many good ideas.

I've read that an affirmation should state the condition you want to have, and avoid stating things that you don't want to have. I feel that a statement of purpose should similarly be simple and positive. If we want to get someplace, we have to know where we are going. So, I suggest that "without currency or organized government" be revised to reflect the desired outcome, not that which needs to be eliminated. I think the concept of individual responsibility begins to fill the void, but more is needed - something at a higher spiritual level - an expression of love. Sorry, I can't come up with a suggested wording right now.

I also realize that a simple short statement of purpose may be difficult for some people to understand, so an accompanying explanation may be in order. It would make sense for the explanation to include those elements of current society that are not desired in future society. My feeling is that all of those things that divide us against each other need to go (John Lennon's song "Imagine" has a good starter list).

Last edited by Jnana; 11-10-2008 at 04:19 PM.
Jnana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 04:02 PM   #19
SoulSuspect

What about the concept of property? or will this ideal even be relevent? What about rules with regards to crimes or ethics?

One
Old 11-10-2008, 05:47 PM   #20
NewParadigmGuy
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecrow View Post
Tweaking a few words would make it perfect.
By all means please tell us how you would treak it!
Old 11-10-2008, 07:10 PM   #21
Myplanet2
In The Mists

For me, the purpose is about helping others to recognize that they are in a labyrinth composed of walls, passages, and dead ends, which all lead no where or back to the beginning, but with the whole sky open above them.

And to help many recognize that the view from on top of the walls is not available from below.

And that there are those whose purpose it is to keep everyone chasing their own and each others tails in this labyrinth, and who feed off the misfortunes of the trapped.

And finally, that the ultimate solution is to simply climb on up and out of the labyrinth while offering others a hand up.
Myplanet2 is offline   Reply With Quote