Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 01-21-2010, 09:18 AM   #1
shiftmonkey
Avalon Senior Member

Default EMERGENCY - Word Alchemy

A friend of mine has been tuning into hidden or double meanings in words. She mentioned the word EMERGENCY. The hidden/double meaning she saw is emerge-and-see. Now that puts a more positive spin on it I thought!

This reminded me of how alchemists hide meanings in certain Latin phrases.

I'd like to invite others to post ideas along similar lines like this:

EMERGENCY = emerge-and-see
shiftmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 10:55 AM   #2
lightblue
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: EMERGENCY - Word Alchemy

what would be the benefit of it all? why look and list double/hidden/corrupted meanings in a word..i always found it more interesting to know a true meaning as opposed to what may be commonly understood.. for entertainment maybe?
best wishes
lightblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 12:00 PM   #3
shiftmonkey
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightblue View Post
what would be the benefit of it all? why look and list double/hidden/corrupted meanings in a word..i always found it more interesting to know a true meaning as opposed to what may be commonly understood.. for entertainment maybe?
best wishes
Who decides what the "true" meaning of a word is? Oxford? Miriam Webster? Meanings come from historical and common usage. Use the word in a new way and the meaning is amended. Dictionaries constantly update their definitions based on common usage. Language is not static by any means. It's constantly in a state of flux.

It would be like exploring a hidden dimension of how words and language communicate ideas. It would bring to light an entire set of meanings that slip into the unconscious mind normally unnoticed. It could expand someones awareness and consciousness in a unique and novel way. It could contribute to a completely new level of neuro linguistic programming. It could exercise and expand someones creative capacity. It could be a beneficial exercise that would contribute to the synchronization of both hemispheres of the brain.

These seem like pretty good benefits to me and in my opinion far more interesting than reading a dictionary.

Last edited by shiftmonkey; 01-21-2010 at 12:21 PM.
Old 01-21-2010, 12:52 PM   #4
lightblue
Avalon Senior Member

good luck with your project

p.s. comedians are using that method a lot, so are the politicians and advertisers..and so are the vanity car plates owners..i personally am opposed to subliminal meaning twisting...prefer clarity..just my personal view..

best wishes
Old 01-21-2010, 01:01 PM   #5
housemouse2
Avalon Senior Member

language is traced back for generations.

Our language can be traced back to: Indo-European which has 9 basic branches.

Indian, Iranian, Armenian, Germanic (modern English branched from), Celtic, Albanian, Balto-Salvic, Hellenic, Italic. More branches come from there.

This doesn't include such languages as:

Native American
Chinese
Japanese

Though emergency is a English word evolved from emerge which low Latin which means to come from, such as a rose coming up from the ground, emergency has a very different meaning as to a sudden occurrence.

Yes, "emerge and see" is a cute play on words and has some anchoring validity but doesn't seem to be a hidden meaning to me but rather a natural progression in language and meanings coming from basic words.

In the same context that there is never an "original" idea the same can be said for words. Each word evolves from another. Same as ideas evolve from other ideas.
housemouse2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 01:08 PM   #6
Harper
Avalon Senior Member

Hello Shiftmonkey,

If you enjoy this sort of word unveiling you will love the 777 the master work's thread on X men - its huge and filled with this peeling or revealing of language. I think you might find it fun.

I dont know why anyone would block you on this adventure.

My favourites are the really simple ones like

Words = sword
stone = tones or notes

makes you wonder if its the its the sword and the stone or if the secret is the notes or tones of the words that might be the secret. Even the word secret is a little adventure

have fun
Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 01:30 PM   #7
lightblue
Avalon Senior Member

another one for shiftmonkey before i leave : how is blessed number 8 responsible for HATE?

i think housemouse2 is on the good track: our language is far too important to further corrupt what's already been corrupted intentionally or unintentionally over the eons.that alone is t's a HUGE subject and many have devoted their lifetimes in order to crack the various reasons for corruption in languages...in the meantime i feel we are to benefit from insisting on clarity whenever possible..
best wishes
Old 01-21-2010, 09:07 PM   #8
illuminate
Avalon Senior Member

oh I like that!!

but I am a nerd, happily so, and have been fascinated
with words for as long as I can remember

as Bashar would say:
i-magi-nation - a nation of magicians

words are power
words are magic

just think, once upon a time, wordplay and puns
were the only form of entertainment

a double entendre is always fun too

people used to think very long before speaking, sometimes days
and then speak in poetry or song
how cool

words can do anything
they call tell someone they are loved or they can start a war
they can share wisdom, they can heal

this is fun...
Luciferous Logolepsy:
Dragging obscure words into the light of day

Luciferous [adj. - illuminating, literally and figuratively] Logolepsy [n. - an obsession with words]
in other words: 'an illuminating obsession with words'.

check it out:
http://www.kokogiak.com/logolepsy

words create
use them wisely

~ one love ~
illuminate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 09:38 PM   #9
Majorion
Avalon Senior Member

Well there is one: Disease

Dis-ease = when you are not "at ease".
Majorion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 11:11 PM   #10
xbusymom
Avalon Senior Member

words are ALL important (oops- rather – not the words themselves, but the harmonics of words).

in the film Kymatica, it mentions the reason tptb are striving so hard to get rid of the indigenous peoples is because they remember how to re-harmonize the earths vibrations with their dances and rituals…

it also has been scientifically proven that sound can create geometric designs in water/sand testings…

and the ability to heat/cool/manifest/reshape things according to the frequency of sounds or the rate of vibration of energy molecules – I think that is the real reason tptb are using microwave weapons, HAARP technologies, subliminal programming inside the radio, tv, and video games broadcasts…

“in the beginning was the word, and the word was in God, and the word WAS God”…

could that mean that God (spirit) is actually just the vibrational energy components of the universe?
xbusymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 11:32 PM   #11
shiftmonkey
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harper View Post
Hello Shiftmonkey,

If you enjoy this sort of word unveiling you will love the 777 the master work's thread on X men - its huge and filled with this peeling or revealing of language. I think you might find it fun.

I dont know why anyone would block you on this adventure.

My favourites are the really simple ones like

Words = sword
stone = tones or notes

makes you wonder if its the its the sword and the stone or if the secret is the notes or tones of the words that might be the secret. Even the word secret is a little adventure

have fun
Hey Harper, Thank you. I was surprised at the blocking as well. If I don't resonate with a thread I usually just skip it and find a thread that I do resonate with... although the first response did challenge me to question the benefit of it all- which was actually a good thing because it gave me the chance to clarify it in my own mind.

It also gave me an opportunity to remind myself that we each see things in a unique way and that's part of the beauty of the human experience. When I felt that dense feeling in my stomach... the rising up of the egos defensiveness, I thought of something James from the wingmakers said in an interview: "the only antidote for judging people is to bless them". I am still learning to navigate these waters.

Thanks for the tip on the other thread. It does follow a similar idea.
Old 01-22-2010, 12:29 AM   #12
shiftmonkey
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
another one for shiftmonkey before i leave : how is blessed number 8 responsible for HATE?

i think housemouse2 is on the good track: our language is far too important to further corrupt what's already been corrupted intentionally or unintentionally over the eons.that alone is t's a HUGE subject and many have devoted their lifetimes in order to crack the various reasons for corruption in languages...in the meantime i feel we are to benefit from insisting on clarity whenever possible..
best wishes
This is obviously a very hot topic for you. For some reason you feel compelled to defend the purity of language in this thread. Perhaps you might want to start your own thread on that subject.

I have no idea how 8 is responsible for HATE. Perhaps YOU are the one who sees HATE in it? You might find it beneficial to actually think about that for a little while.

Housemouse2 makes some valid points but in my opinion language is far more dynamic. If I was interested in facts on the history of the English language I would have looked them up in an encyclopedia. I tend to research linguistic history and the etymology of certain words when I find it necessary or helpful- but such a discussion was not what I intended for this thread.

I can empathize with those who have dedicated their lives in order to "crack" the various reasons for the corruption of language but that is their choice and I chose not to spend my energy on that avenue of endeavor at this time.

You might find it beneficial to examine your own use of words especially when you say things like: we benefit from "insisting" on clarity whenever possible. We can "insist" on whatever we please, but that doesn't mean it will be handed to us on a silver platter. I prefer to draw my own conclusions. I find that my own experience is much more pleasant when I "insist" on nothing

My intention is not to further corrupt anything. On the contrary I feel that by examining words from a unique perspective we can uncover ways that language can and has been used to control humanity. Or better yet to take a more active role in how we chose to view and be effected by language. If we don't explore these things how can we bring them into the light?

Last edited by shiftmonkey; 01-22-2010 at 07:14 AM.
Old 01-22-2010, 12:34 AM   #13
shiftmonkey
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbusymom View Post
words are ALL important (oops- rather – not the words themselves, but the harmonics of words).

in the film Kymatica, it mentions the reason tptb are striving so hard to get rid of the indigenous peoples is because they remember how to re-harmonize the earths vibrations with their dances and rituals…

it also has been scientifically proven that sound can create geometric designs in water/sand testings…

and the ability to heat/cool/manifest/reshape things according to the frequency of sounds or the rate of vibration of energy molecules – I think that is the real reason tptb are using microwave weapons, HAARP technologies, subliminal programming inside the radio, tv, and video games broadcasts…

“in the beginning was the word, and the word was in God, and the word WAS God”…

could that mean that God (spirit) is actually just the vibrational energy components of the universe?
Thank you! Kymatica was great. I actually just saw it a few weeks ago. This definitely ties in with it. It's about how we resonate with words.

Last edited by shiftmonkey; 01-22-2010 at 12:53 AM.
Old 01-22-2010, 12:48 AM   #14
shiftmonkey
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by illuminate View Post
oh I like that!!

but I am a nerd, happily so, and have been fascinated
with words for as long as I can remember

as Bashar would say:
i-magi-nation - a nation of magicians

words are power
words are magic

just think, once upon a time, wordplay and puns
were the only form of entertainment

a double entendre is always fun too

people used to think very long before speaking, sometimes days
and then speak in poetry or song
how cool

words can do anything
they call tell someone they are loved or they can start a war
they can share wisdom, they can heal

this is fun...
Luciferous Logolepsy:
Dragging obscure words into the light of day

Luciferous [adj. - illuminating, literally and figuratively] Logolepsy [n. - an obsession with words]
in other words: 'an illuminating obsession with words'.

check it out:
http://www.kokogiak.com/logolepsy

words create
use them wisely

~ one love ~
Yes! To understand the power of words. I have always been fascinated with words as well. I started writing poetry in grade school and that led me to songwriting in later years.

The Quakers still choose their words so carefully that they sometimes have meetings where no one speaks at all.

"i-magi-nation - a nation of magicians" I love that one!

Thanks for the link. I will check it out.

Last edited by shiftmonkey; 01-22-2010 at 02:35 AM.
Old 01-22-2010, 02:38 AM   #15
shiftmonkey
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majorion View Post
Well there is one: Disease

Dis-ease = when you are not "at ease".
Good one!
Old 01-22-2010, 03:40 AM   #16
Mercuriel
Avalon Senior Member

Thumbs up Re: EMERGENCY - Word Alchemy

Intimacy = Into Me I See...

Mercuriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 03:50 AM   #17
shiftmonkey
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
good luck with your project

p.s. comedians are using that method a lot, so are the politicians and advertisers..and so are the vanity car plates owners..i personally am opposed to subliminal meaning twisting...prefer clarity..just my personal view..

best wishes
I understand completely. On one hand you recognize that comedians, politicians and advertisers use subliminal meanings but on the other hand you are opposed to bringing those meanings to light and raising them to the level of conscious mind- a personal view which you believe leads to "clarity". That's your prerogative. Good luck with that.
Old 01-22-2010, 03:52 AM   #18
shiftmonkey
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercuriel View Post

Nice! Love it!
Old 01-22-2010, 04:09 AM   #19
Phtha
Avalon Senior Member

These are always fun, nice Thread!
History is pretty much all BS. It's His-Story, which just happens to be all you find in a LIEbrary.
Myths or Mystery is My-story, and yours too!

(Mente or Ment = Mind)
So
Atonement = At-One-Mind
and Govern-ment = Mind-control and the cult-ures they create are often cult-ivated by cults.

Harmony would Harm-money because if we ever get there as a society, money (Scarcity) will not be able to exist.

Theres lots more but they are not surfacing atm.
Phtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 04:12 AM   #20
Phtha
Avalon Senior Member

This is ala 777

Quote:
p.s. comedians are using that method a lot, so are the politicians
You mean Poll-iticians whos job, whether they know it or not, is to use poll-itics to keep people poll-arized to one side of a poll (red blue!) while the middle power keeps pushing on ahead.
Phtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 06:44 AM   #21
taomation
Avalon Senior Member

I believe that it is helpful to know the "accepted" meaning of a word, but these other examples all apply to the subliminal and all make sense. Etymology is at the root of these examples and I think that it is great to see things from a different and many times deeper perspective.

If you get too caught up in consensus reality you won't understand anything and probably wouldn't be on this forum.

Nice thread...
taomation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 05:48 PM   #22
illuminate
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercuriel View Post

sweet! this is my fav

~ one love ~
illuminate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 01:00 AM   #23
lightblue
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
I understand completely. On one hand you recognize that comedians, politicians and advertisers use subliminal meanings but on the other hand you are opposed to bringing those meanings to light and raising them to the level of conscious mind- a personal view which you believe leads to "clarity". That's your prerogative. Good luck with that.
hi shiftmonkey

i am not opposed to bring anything to light. it is my experience that we as a society are already pretty saturated with the subliminal submeanings of various words/concepts used by mainly politicians, advertisers etc..it does however make a nice entertainment ..i still don't think we are discovering anything new...

i still feel very sorry for number 8 - which has nothing to do with hate..best wishes.

best wishes
Old 01-23-2010, 02:49 PM   #24
Harper
Avalon Senior Member

i still feel very sorry for number 8 - which has nothing to do with hate..best wishes. quote

Hi there, would you mind going into more detail regarding what you said about 8, I dont follow

thanks
Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 03:35 PM   #25
SteveX
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
best wishes
I concur with the above.

As a pragmatist I see little in this other than scrabble like entertainment. I dare say someone could knock themselves out with certain pieces of legislature, to come up with a yet another unfounded theory.

English is a funny old language. It's made up of Celtic, Saxon, Norman, Norse, gallic, Latin and a host of borrowed words from other languages. Contrary to Bush jr "Entrepreneur" is a French word.

Then we have English English and the very resent American English. A typical word that means two different things is "precocious". In the UK it is only ever used in the negative… an out spoken little brat.

See this link for examples of different meanings.

http://septicscompanion.com/

In order to come up with hiden meanings one has to learn lots of other languages.

As for the number 8 it is a neo Nazi reference to the eighth letter H. H as in Hitler.

EDIT also see this link with reference to 8 for $

http://classiclit.about.com/gi/o.htm...com/etymology/

Last edited by SteveX; 01-23-2010 at 03:56 PM.
SteveX is offline   Reply With Quote