Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 03-03-2010, 12:09 PM   #1
K626
Avalon Senior Member

Default Robin Hood tax for banks.

Taxing banks a tiny tiny amount on transactions hee hee

Please take a look and leave a vote.

Love.

K

http://robinhoodtax.org.uk/
K626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 02:57 PM   #2
mntruthseeker
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Robin Hood tax for banks.

Wonderful Idea ! I voted yes and put it up on facebook

nothing wrong with spreading "well wishes" If only it were true
mntruthseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 03:13 PM   #3
Stargazer1965
Hall Monitor

I LOVE IT!!!

Was that the guy from the UNDERWORLD movies??

Perfect!...playing a vampire yet again!!!
Stargazer1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 03:43 PM   #4
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

yup tax the churches too

along with the banks
THE eXchanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 03:45 PM   #5
K626
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE eXchanger View Post
yup tax the churches too

along with the banks
Good idea.
Old 03-03-2010, 03:45 PM   #6
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

TAX the churches !!!

""T.A.X"" tAKE ALL ... ""x" marks the spot

if it wasn't for greedy men,

(lucky, that women, did NOT count for much,

when taxation was developed)

and, the churches

conspiring together,

as, it did NOT happen,

one without the other

we would likely NOT know, what taxes are

we say,

""tax the hell they have put us all through,

and, take it, right back out of the churches""

susan

the eXchanger

Greetings to All in Peace,

For an additional avenue of revenue to 'bootstrap' the economy, I propose the following to President Obama:

Please copy and forward to your local newspaper Letter-to-the Editor. Thank you all for your help.

~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~

Mr. President Obama, and All Senior Staff of the President,

With great respect for you, and the work you are engaged on the path of our national economic recovery.

I am a citizen of true Spiritual orientation, I am not either atheist nor agnostic. I humbly make this suggested proposal...:

TAX ALL "RELIGIOUS" ORGANIZATIONS.

TAX THE LANDS, OFFICES, BUILDINGS, BUSINESSES, AND SUBSIDIARY HOLDINGS OF ALL "CHURCHES."

"Churches" are obviously defined to mean all Catholic, Protestant,
aligned and non-aligned groups, Mosques, Temples, Synagogs, and etc. of
every 'faith,' denomination, or orthodoxy. None can cry "foul" or
"discrimination," as this proposal applies to all such organizations.

Too many of these are hiding revenue, income, stocks, bank accounts,
profit-making assets and businesses behind the false facade of
"religious exemptions."

The time has come now, for all such "exempt" religions to pay their 'fair-share.'

The only exemptions to be allowed for "churches," should be those projects directly engaged in TRUE humanitarian efforts.

Such exemptions should be allowed for Hospitals of such religious
organizations; for Schools; for food, shelter, medical, and emergency
aid assistance that such organizations establish. Also exempt, should
the 'Native American' churches and their associated projects.

There are literally many Billions of dollars to be realized from the
application of taxation to all otherwise Non-Humanitarian holdings of
all the 'religions' and 'churches.' These 'churches' have hidden assets
and profits from the eyes of scrutiny far too long. In these times of
the greatest crisis in the economy of our nation, every available
resource must be applied to the solution.

Sir, you and your staff should include this proposed solution to the
considered Tax-Relief package for the acceptance of Congress. I do hope
that you will give this proposal serious consideration. I vote: YES,
and ask the same of you, sir.

I am but one citizen who supports you in ALL your efforts, and I commend you for the work you are doing.

My hope is for your continued success.

With great Respect,

Rodney Morrill

Homosassa, Florida 34446
Old 03-03-2010, 03:48 PM   #7
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

in south america; the people are so poor
since, the churches, likely own 70-80% of the land

(there, average people, didn't have a chance)

they never expected - middle class people to ever own anything

until so many of them, got so greedy

and, built so many homes etc.,

that actually some people - started to play ball with them

and, knew how to handle their balls

the other day; we realised, that although paying a mortgage
was NOT easy; who would have ever thought,
we'd end up with a home worth almost 500,000 in our 52nd year

you see-you can NOT play both sides of an equation - and, win/on both sides
Old 03-03-2010, 04:07 PM   #8
K626
Avalon Senior Member

Loving your input X.

Love

K
Old 03-03-2010, 04:37 PM   #9
sjkted
Avalon Senior Member

A little logic here. Government bails out banks. Government starts bailing out companies. Government starts nationalizing programs such as student loans. If all of these are bailed out and nationalized, then where does the government get it's money from? Who is really being taxed here?

--sjkted
sjkted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 04:41 PM   #10
sjkted
Avalon Senior Member

This is outrageous! and almost laughable. About 10% has voted not to tax themselves. The other 90% has voted themselves into slavery. No wonder the economy is in the tank!

See some intelligent comments from people who voted no:

http://robinhoodtax.org.uk/not-convinced/

What did you think, the money would be withdrawn from the C-class' personal bank accounts?

--sjkted
Old 03-03-2010, 04:42 PM   #11
K626
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjkted View Post
A little logic here. Government bails out banks. Government starts bailing out companies. Government starts nationalizing programs such as student loans. If all of these are bailed out and nationalized, then where does the government get it's money from? Who is really being taxed here?

--sjkted
I see your point, but a transaction tax is exctly that...It will tax the banks. As an aside, the Eu wouldn't work without masses of govt borrowing and debt...
Old 03-03-2010, 05:12 PM   #12
sjkted
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K626 View Post
I see your point, but a transaction tax is exctly that...It will tax the banks. As an aside, the Eu wouldn't work without masses of govt borrowing and debt...
Yes, and where does the bank get its money from?

--sjkted
Old 03-03-2010, 05:17 PM   #13
sjkted
Avalon Senior Member

Here's some food for thought. Sales tax is a tax on the merchant. The money comes out of the merchant's bank account and goes straight to the state. The merchant is responsible for paying the tax and is responsible for the necessary paperwork. The state does not require that the merchant pass the tax onto the customer. But, wait where does 100% of the company's revenues come from? Unless they are government subsidized, all of it comes from the customer. And even if they were subsidized, it would still be coming from the taxpayer.

In other words, this is a proposal for a tax on you and me and anyone else who uses money and has a bank account.

You may choose as you wish. If you vote yourselves into slavery, at least don't say nobody warned you.

--sjkted
Old 03-03-2010, 05:54 PM   #14
K626
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Here's some food for thought. Sales tax is a tax on the merchant. The money comes out of the merchant's bank account and goes straight to the state. The merchant is responsible for paying the tax and is responsible for the necessary paperwork. The state does not require that the merchant pass the tax onto the customer. But, wait where does 100% of the company's revenues come from? Unless they are government subsidized, all of it comes from the customer. And even if they were subsidized, it would still be coming from the taxpayer.

In other words, this is a proposal for a tax on you and me and anyone else who uses money and has a bank account.

You may choose as you wish. If you vote yourselves into slavery, at least don't say nobody warned you.

--sjkted
Nearly all wealth is generated by our endevour and then it moves around, but mostly returns to the center. This is a way of getting some of it back out to the periphery (see Soros)...One big upside to this is that it isn't a people tax in the sense that the bankers won't be able to avoid it...It is a transaction tax...Ultimately if you think that theoretically they will pass the cost back to us...Well you can say that about all tax...Ultimately we pay and in that sense this is no different. But personally I'd rather increase banking tax then higher taxes on goods etc...

What ideas would you implement regarding tax?
Old 03-03-2010, 07:15 PM   #15
sjkted
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Nearly all wealth is generated by our endevour and then it moves around, but mostly returns to the center. This is a way of getting some of it back out to the periphery (see Soros)...One big upside to this is that it isn't a people tax in the sense that the bankers won't be able to avoid it...It is a transaction tax...Ultimately if you think that theoretically they will pass the cost back to us...Well you can say that about all tax...Ultimately we pay and in that sense this is no different. But personally I'd rather increase banking tax then higher taxes on goods etc...

What ideas would you implement regarding tax?
This is one of those ideas that sound good on the surface, but can't ever amount to anything.

The question is how the banks will recoup the money. I can think of some things. How about no more free checking accounts? How about fees to access bankers by phone? How about less staff and shorter hours? How about additional fees on credit card and ATM transactions? How about higher interest rates on loans and credit cards?

The one thing I can tell you 100% is that NONE of this money will come out of the executives' pockets. It's just a way for the plebe class to feel good about sticking it to the bankers.

What would I do regarding tax? Personally, I would get rid of as much of it as possible.

The problem we have here is that from the destruction of glass steagal act, normal banks can start issuing exotic bets like CDOs, mortgage-backed securities, etc. The other issue is that we have a fiat currency. People today are confused. Paper is not wealth, it is just paper. Real wealth is ownership of property.

We need to get rid of fiat currency. One way to do that would be to promote competition in currencies. Let states print their own money. Let people transact in gold and silver. Let the market come up with something and let the people choose how they want to transact.

Notice I keep using the word let. The only thing taxes does is take. It also doesn't take very effectively as evidenced by the large amount of government waste. The problem here is that you can't hate the player, you can only hate the game.

The system is doing right now exactly what it is designed to do. I know everyone can argue special interests, Illuminati, corrupt bankers, etc. but if you look at the current financial system and who the power is given to and how it is brokered, it is just insanity. How could you not have a small minority of people who control the world's wealth?

The only way this can be rectified is by taking the control away from the bankers and putting it in the people's hands where it should be. And the only way this can happen is by abolishing the world fiat standards and laws.

--sjkted
Old 03-03-2010, 07:19 PM   #16
mntruthseeker
Avalon Senior Member

Tax the churches ?????

Get rid of them is the answer. first grab the gold hehe
mntruthseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 07:32 PM   #17
sjkted
Avalon Senior Member

Here's another problem with taxation. There is quite a moral dilemma involved.

Most people agree that it is wrong/immoral to steal from others. If you steal, you can be put in prison and convicted.

Now some types of taxation could be considered to pay for services. Interestingly enough, these are usually hidden from the public. This is all part of the larger strategy. Most people will tell you their income taxes go to pay for roads and highways. Wrong! The amount is paid by you at the pump in the form of a fuel tax. These should be brought up to the consumer, so 1) we know what we're paying for and 2) if we don't like the service (i.e. roads, bridges, highways) we can collectively demand that something be done about it. Instead, we don't even have a clue how it is being paid for, how much it costs, and get an idea of whether we're being screwed or not.

Back to the immoral issue. This is a story I heard a while ago and think of a bit.

Let's say there is an old lady who lives in a neighborhood and she can't afford to hire someone to cut her grass and she's too frail to cut it herself. The neighborhood has a meeting and decides something must be done as her grass is out of control. They find a local teenager and demand that he must cut her lawn. So, he works to cut the lawn without pay. Some people might call this indentured servitude. This is exactly what taxation is. Most people would say that indentured servitude is wrong, immoral and unjust but taxation is just a mechanism so we can do this and collectively feel ok about it.

Yes, there are always going to be people in need. But, how little do we really think of ourselves and our neighbors that we need to coerce them in order to help each other? Forcing (or taxing) people creates a disincentive for them to form co-ops and help each other. The reason is that everyone has their hand held out to the government and those who don't receive are angry at those who do.

This is absolute madness! We need to help ourselves, our neighbors and our community. We don't need no stinkin' government subsidy programs to fix our problems. What are we a bunch of weak, ignorant pathetic excuses for human beings? We can help each other! We don't need to steal from Peter to pay Paul. This is an outrage!!!

--sjkted
Old 03-03-2010, 07:42 PM   #18
Steven
Avalon Senior Member

This looks like the Tobin tax: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tobin_tax

The Tobin tax goes further by taxing all financial transaction of 1%...

Why don't we limit profits on loan as well by the way...

Anyway, many solutions exist in transforming financial transaction to a more ethical way.

http://projectavalon.net/forum/showp...8&postcount=20

Great idea!

Namaste, Steven
Steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 07:50 PM   #19
sjkted
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven View Post
This looks like the Tobin tax: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tobin_tax

The Tobin tax goes further by taxing all financial transaction of 1%...

Why don't we limit profits on loan as well by the way...

Anyway, many solutions exist in transforming financial transaction to a more ethical way.

http://projectavalon.net/forum/showp...8&postcount=20

Great idea!

Namaste, Steven
Yes, there are many good solutions, but the question is whether we attempt to just put a bandaid on a broken, unethical system or whether we actually replace it with something that does work.

--sjkted
Old 03-03-2010, 08:43 PM   #20
Zeddo
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:

--sjkted
I'm glad I read this before I replied, yes, this is the problem in a nutshell. This is yet another way to impose a tax on the man in the street and sugar coat it to make it "appear" that the banks will pay. We need to understand that the banks WILL NEVER pay, but WTP will.

Z
Zeddo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 09:43 PM   #21
Steven
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Yes, there are many good solutions, but the question is whether we attempt to just put a bandaid on a broken, unethical system or whether we actually replace it with something that does work.

--sjkted
I totally agree. We haven't create the light bulb by improving the oil lamp!

Namaste, Steven
Steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 09:49 PM   #22
K626
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
This is one of those ideas that sound good on the surface, but can't ever amount to anything.

The question is how the banks will recoup the money. I can think of some things. How about no more free checking accounts? How about fees to access bankers by phone? How about less staff and shorter hours? How about additional fees on credit card and ATM transactions? How about higher interest rates on loans and credit cards?

The one thing I can tell you 100% is that NONE of this money will come out of the executives' pockets. It's just a way for the plebe class to feel good about sticking it to the bankers.

What would I do regarding tax? Personally, I would get rid of as much of it as possible.

The problem we have here is that from the destruction of glass steagal act, normal banks can start issuing exotic bets like CDOs, mortgage-backed securities, etc. The other issue is that we have a fiat currency. People today are confused. Paper is not wealth, it is just paper. Real wealth is ownership of property.

We need to get rid of fiat currency. One way to do that would be to promote competition in currencies. Let states print their own money. Let people transact in gold and silver. Let the market come up with something and let the people choose how they want to transact.

Notice I keep using the word let. The only thing taxes does is take. It also doesn't take very effectively as evidenced by the large amount of government waste. The problem here is that you can't hate the player, you can only hate the game.

The system is doing right now exactly what it is designed to do. I know everyone can argue special interests, Illuminati, corrupt bankers, etc. but if you look at the current financial system and who the power is given to and how it is brokered, it is just insanity. How could you not have a small minority of people who control the world's wealth?

The only way this can be rectified is by taking the control away from the bankers and putting it in the people's hands where it should be. And the only way this can happen is by abolishing the world fiat standards and laws.

--sjkted
I'm not American, but I do follow what you are saying with regard to the dollar and the Fed. Why don't you guys print your own money and cut out the Fed, there is so much resentment against the Federal system and the Fed I'm really surprised you don't have a full blown revolution in Yanksville yo!!

Peace and love

K.
Old 03-03-2010, 09:51 PM   #23
K626
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeddo View Post
I'm glad I read this before I replied, yes, this is the problem in a nutshell. This is yet another way to impose a tax on the man in the street and sugar coat it to make it "appear" that the banks will pay. We need to understand that the banks WILL NEVER pay, but WTP will.

Z
Well I'm glad you're glad.
Old 03-03-2010, 09:54 PM   #24
K626
Avalon Senior Member

The investment banks will find it hard to pass it onto THE PEOPLE as their clients ain't the people but funds of the rich and famous......
Old 03-03-2010, 11:19 PM   #25
sjkted
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
The investment banks will find it hard to pass it onto THE PEOPLE as their clients ain't the people but funds of the rich and famous......
Oh yeah, that's right. I forgot that investment banks weren't allowed to offer depository accounts. Oops. Turns out they can now.

Anybody have a checking account with Chase or formerly with Washington Mutual?

--sjkted