Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Books, Videos, Articles, etc.

Notices

Old 06-09-2009, 01:07 AM   #1
Lorien
Avalon Senior Member

Default Spreading love and knowledge....

So I just had what I think is an amazing idea, and I hope others do as well.

I know there are those of us who don't have the ability to watch video online or download movies, so I thought of the following. A member who is willing posts the title of a movie, documentary, etc. Then another member shows an interest in that specific movie. The poster then mails the item to the other member so that knowledge can pass to one which otherwise would not have been able to view it. Once that member is done with the item, they then send it to another member, and so on and so on.

For example, I think everyone should watch "Abraham - The Secret Behind The Secret" I will mail it to someone who wants to see it, with the understanding that you will in turn mail it to another. Or perhaps with the understanding that you will pass it along to a non member in the hopes of opening their eyes.

As they say, "Knowledge is Power". And so it is our duty to pass the knowledge we have to others who may benefit from it. We are all teachers, and we are all students. The difference is that a teacher is willing to pass his knowledge on to others. I feel it is should be our goal to all be teachers, so that the knowledge of us all may be raised one student at a time.

Anyone interested, let me know.
Lorien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 02:38 AM   #2
sleepingnomore

Default Re: Spreading love and knowledge....

This is a great idea! I'm interested. Although I was informed today that I should finally have my modem in five days. (Yeah right)
Old 06-09-2009, 03:07 AM   #3
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

It is a great idea.

The forum guidelines actually do as that links are accompanied by a short description about the content of that link so that people can make an informed choice.

Quite apart from the link speed, time is at a premium for many people, also others such as myself have to pay premium for our bandwidth - especially those constrained to satellite links. This means that naked links will often get skipped over unless accurately described up front.

When I ask people not to post naked links they very often get cross with me, but this is what it is all about.

Your suggestion is even better than the standard requirement because the data available would then be much better and may obviate the need to visit the link at all.

A..
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 07:10 PM   #4
Lorien
Avalon Senior Member

Well thanks for responding! Though I am a tad disappointed there was not more response. Oh well. So sleepingnomore, you are interested in seeing the movie I mentioned? If so, PM me your mailing address and I will mail it to you!
Old 06-11-2009, 07:10 PM   #5
shanonatime
Avalon Senior Member

yes we should also have an internal kind of movie page here... someday we will
in the meantime- i have a bunch of documentaries on my website- if you ever get bored- we all have a bunch here i'm sure- sometime we shall get on the ball and organize them... :-) i have some links organized here... http://worldtv.com/shanonatime don't necessarily agree with them all....etc. and i haven't updated it in awhile...
shanonatime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 08:24 PM   #6
Zeddo
Avalon Senior Member

Z0006
Hi Lorien

I will publish

Last edited by Zeddo; 10-30-2009 at 08:16 PM.
Zeddo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 09:27 PM   #7
Lorien
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks guys! T

he problem with using the library or another online site Zeddo is the same reason some people just can't click on links to view movies online. Some of them have modem connections still and would take a day to download one movie. Others have their bandwidth usage capped and if they go over can lose their internet service. Perhaps they don't have a home PC and log on at an internet cafe or something similar. The goal was to be able to share movies that we thought changed our lives or opened our eyes with those who otherwise may not be able to view them.
Old 06-11-2009, 09:38 PM   #8
Zeddo
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorien View Post
Thanks guys! T

he problem with using the library or another online site Zeddo is the same reason some people just can't click on links to view movies online. Some of them have modem connections still and would take a day to download one movie. Others have their bandwidth usage capped and if they go over can lose their internet service. Perhaps they don't have a home PC and log on at an internet cafe or something similar. The goal was to be able to share movies that we thought changed our lives or opened our eyes with those who otherwise may not be able to view them.
I hear you. I'll list what I think is of prime importance with a synopsis and anyone who wants it can drop me an e-mail and I'll post a copy to the first person, as suggested.
Old 06-11-2009, 10:37 PM   #9
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

I don't understand the scenario you're describing. That's why I didn't respond. Didn't want to ask stupid questions...

What kind of mail are you referring to? What is the "it" that is passed around, specifically?

(Don't make fun! Be nice!!)
Seashore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 04:10 AM   #10
Zeddo
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seashore View Post
I don't understand the scenario you're describing. That's why I didn't respond. Didn't want to ask stupid questions...

What kind of mail are you referring to? What is the "it" that is passed around, specifically?

(Don't make fun! Be nice!!)

No such thing as a stupid question Seashore.

The "thing" will be a DVD (as I understand the idea) which will be sent by snail mail to the first requestor who will then send one on to another requestor by snail mail etc.

Z
Old 06-12-2009, 04:22 AM   #11
sleepingnomore

It's a wonderful idea for all the stated reasons. I got rid of my high speed cable connection to switch to DSL but the wait time for a modem in my area has been over 4 months. It's hindered my ability to view most posts as they are associated with youtube links or other links I can't download or view.
Old 06-12-2009, 10:41 AM   #12
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeddo View Post
No such thing as a stupid question Seashore.

The "thing" will be a DVD (as I understand the idea) which will be sent by snail mail to the first requestor who will then send one on to another requestor by snail mail etc.

Z
Thanks, Zeddo.

I guess one reason I was so confused is that it seems people want to be so anonymous on the forum--not even revealing anything on their visitor page. They'll have to share their mailing address for this...
Seashore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 02:07 PM   #13
Zeddo
Avalon Senior Member

[quote=seashore;144592]Thanks, Zeddo.

Z0006

I guess

Last edited by Zeddo; 10-30-2009 at 08:18 PM.
Old 06-12-2009, 06:02 PM   #14
Jnana
Avalon Senior Member

Some people already have it figure out:

I really work with my heart

Quote:
Her colleagues and clients say Schaefer serves as an important reminder that people don't need money or power to make a difference.
Sorry if this is a bit off topic. I guess my point is that watching a bunch of videos isn't necessarily the key to success. Good idea though, for those who can get something from it.

Last edited by Jnana; 06-12-2009 at 06:08 PM.
Jnana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 12:20 AM   #15
Lorien
Avalon Senior Member

Thank you everyone for your comments, questions, concerns, and off topic links

Tomorrow I will be mailing "Abraham - The Secret Behind The Secret" to sleepingnomore. Anyone interested in viewing it after he is done can say so and he has agreed to mail it to the next person, and so on and so on. As previously mentioned if you know someone outside of Avalon who may benefit, then pass it on to them. If what we put into the Universe comes back to us, then passing along knowledge and understanding, helping others to open their mind more, should bring that same energy back to us! The goal in everything we do is to help the sleepers awaken!

Below is a list of additional movies I have which I am willing to do the same with.

2012: Science or Superstition
An Alien History of Planet Earth
Contact Has Begun
History Channel - Ancient Aliens
National Geographic - Hitler and The Occult
Secret Mysteries of Americas Beginnings
The End of America
America - Freedom to Fascism
Obama Deception
Zero - An Investigation Into 911
Entheogen - Awakening The Divine Within
The Alchemical Dream - Rebirth of the Great Work
World According to Monsanto
What The Bleep Do We Know
Network
TTC - Consciousness and it's Implications ft. Daniel N. Robinson

I also have various older recordings/interviews including

Fred ALan Wolfe - Shamanic Physics
1970 Sandiego talks with Krishnamurti
Old 06-13-2009, 01:06 AM   #16
sleepingnomore

Ah...I'm female but that's okay you couldn't have known.

My guess is that their is a great risk of the internet going down at some point in the future. I know some members are concerned about their personal information being released. I also have had these concerns but after much thought and the changes taking place I decided to throw caution to the wind. If we don't take chances in life we gain little. The key is listening to your heart about who you can trust.
Old 06-13-2009, 01:41 AM   #17
Lorien
Avalon Senior Member

Oh noes! I'm sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepingnomore View Post
Ah...I'm female but that's okay you couldn't have known.

My guess is that their is a great risk of the internet going down at some point in the future. I know some members are concerned about their personal information being released. I also have had these concerns but after much thought and the changes taking place I decided to throw caution to the wind. If we don't take chances in life we gain little. The key is listening to your heart about who you can trust.