Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Old 11-18-2008, 02:59 AM   #1
Reunite
Avalon Senior Member

Default Space-Time Continuum

Space-Time Continuum in simple terms: space and time considered together as one entity.

This puts in the notion that linear time is just an illusion. On the flip side time has a curvature occuring as a result of the influence of mass against movement in time. As three-dimensional beings, we perceive time only as a result of memory. We remember what was as a variable interval from what is now. If we had zero memory, we could not detect time - we would exist only for the moment. The result of this is our apparent perception of time as a linear line, always going forward.

This brings in the possibility of time travel. The idea is that once the problems are worked out and a means/mechanism/machine/modus for time transport is devised, said machine should then exist for all time. Putting it another way, if someone calculates the level of improbability of such a machine, feeds this calculation into a computer turns it on, the time machine is simply called into existence (as was the infinite improbability drive in Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams). Well, there is a problem with this. We can perceive only X, Y, Z, and T (where T is apparently a linear straight line). Whereas, the time travel means/mechanism/machine/modus would exist at Tx, Ty, Tz, X, Y, Z. We can not directly perceive of that machine, just the same as a two-dimensional being cannot directly perceive a three-dimensional object. The machine could already exist. There are two discernable possibilities here:

1. The machine could be perceived only at the moment it deposits an object into our current point in the space/time continuum. As the machine would have the ability to change its location directly from point A to point B in the space/time continuum, the machine may not have a sequential existence within our journey in the space/time continuum (here today, gone tomorrow).
2. The machine may already have portals (entry ways, access methods) into our dimension. However, since we do not have the reference points for Tx, Ty, and Tz, we would not realize the true purpose of the portals even though we could be standing right in the vicinity of them. Thus, for all we know, the Pyramids of Egypt could be time portals and we would not realize this until we work out Tx, Ty, and Tz.

The first attempt at time travel might be accomplished in a very small and controlled way. A magnet placed on a superconductor cooled with liquid nitrogen will float above the surface of the superconductor when it reaches its critical temperature. After placing this apparatus in a vacuum, the magnet could then be made to jump a few femtoseconds into the future. The magnet is not directly in contact with solid matter and the brief interval would reduce the position error from imprecise calculations of the curvature of space/time. As the intent would be to skip the magnet ahead briefly into the future, this would avoid the occurrence of paradox.

I extracted this info from David Faige
http://www.west.net/~ke6jqp/spacetime/spacetime3.html

From Wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spacetime

Here is an oldskool vid on the mystery of space-time
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=mWupjs...eature=related

David Wilcock also makes an interesting differentiation between space/time and time/space in his 'The 2012 Enigma' videos.
Reunite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 03:03 AM   #2
Average Joe
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Space-Time Continuum

I've always thought if you could physically beat the speed of light, then you could go back in time.

I'm too tired to explain why I think this plus its a **** theory of mine anyway.

PS why is c.r.a.p censored?
Average Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 03:08 AM   #3
Truther21
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Joe View Post
I've always thought if you could physically beat the speed of light, then you could go back in time.

I'm too tired to explain why I think this plus its a **** theory of mine anyway.

no one wants to smell ****......
Truther21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 03:10 AM   #4
Average Joe
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truther21 View Post
no one wants to smell ****......
This is true.

But they'll read it all day long
Average Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 03:17 AM   #5
Reunite
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Joe View Post

It's a very plausible theory thought by many before..have a nap then brief us on your theory
Reunite is offline   Reply With Quote