Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 10-17-2008, 04:40 AM   #1
whitecrow
Avalon Senior Member

Default Venus & Mars: Reemergence of the Sacred Feminine

This is the gist of a conversation I had today with the "elders" of my SF group...as so often happens when the four of us get together, the entire day passed by deep in conversation, kicking around our ideas of a sustainable future for everyone on the planet...

We've lived in a patriarchal model of society for so many centuries, it's extremely difficult for many people to visualize an alternative. Be that as it may, one of the characteristics of our changing times is the reemergence of the Sacred Feminine, the goddess principle. This is not a sudden event but rather a process that has been evolving for most of the last century. And it reverses at least eight thousand years of Western history.

We know from ancient records that the earliest cultures were primarily goddess-worshipers. Early people understood the mystical link that woman has, both to the source of life and to the earth. They saw its parallels in nature and were in awe of it. Exactly how the shift from worshiping the feminine principle to trampling it came about I'm not sure, but I'm pretty sure it had something to do with a bunch of guys feeling resentful, really resentful, and I bet the women really were getting pretty bitchy and controlling.

I mean no disrespect. But there must have been some empresses with some huge cases of PMS. However it came about, those boneheaded men got together and decided things were going to be different.

Talk about a paradigm shift.

Unfortunately, we men haven't done a better job, but at least now we've each had a turn at the helm...a few thousand years each to see who was "better." And the answer of course is neither.

Looking back over history we can see how the reemergence of the feminine principle is necessary for the enlightenment and healing of mankind, but we can't go backwards. That was man's childhood, and now is the time for us to grow up. We must find balance, both within ourselves and in society. In the battle of the sexes, it's time for a permanent truce with full recognition that we cannot exist without each other and in fact are merely empty shells, caricatures without each other.

We need to spend time apart, time with friends, time alone. We need to put sex and sexuality in perspective - enjoying it immensely without imposing it into every encounter. Both men and women need to learn to shed their masks and their legends.

whitecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 09:28 PM   #2
astropsyche
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Venus & Mars: Reemergence of the Sacred Feminine

Can I offer the most ancient of Goddesses who fought against the King and won the Prince as an inspiration for the re-instatement of the feminine energies this earth and all who live here deperately need if sanity is ever to be wrested from an out-of-control patriarchy. She is Innanna - queen of heaven and earth. Sumerian tablets record her reign and she is so worth getting to know! In my experience [as an original feminist - cue Henry Makow] true feminism was hijacked when the Illuminati realised it was a force to be reckoned with and used media and academia to corrupt the expression of that which is feminine.
Today we have illuminati created feminine icons - Madonna, Britney are typical - along with women whose lips are so pumped they look like vaginas on their faces! As a culture we are sexualising our girl children from their birth. Feminism was never about feeling free to wonder about half-clothed for the titillation of men and the denigration of women! The true Power of womanhood has been denied, not to say crushed, for nigh on two thousand years. Look at the destruction Judaism, Christianity and Islam has wrought on the public and private place of women in human society. And look where humanity is right now! Both sexes need a swift familiarisation with all that is feminine to temper the impending disaster humanity faces as half of its population has been written out of history. Our world is overtly male - rational, intellectual, dispassionate, critical and almost entirely detached from the bounty of mother nature. Precious experiences of lives which make room for and value intuition, sentience, empathy and sensitivity are meagre enough today - but it doesn't have to be this way.
Seek Innanna - Pallas Athene - Psyche! The feminine principal can be restored and it can begin to heal a very sick humanity. Let's do it now!
astropsyche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 09:57 PM   #3
BeaTnik-BandiT
Avalon Senior Member

EXCELLENT thread.

The illuminati definitively sought to corrupt the feminine energy into one of submission, while pumping up the male opposite into a warrior/killer one.

take care.
BeaTnik-BandiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 11:58 PM   #4
astropsyche
Avalon Senior Member

A small afterthought - lots of people cannot see why the feminine is vital apart from birthing and nuturing. I have searched for a way to describe how incredulous I am that the majesty of womanhood is repressed. Picture this: imagine you are in a church, mosque or tabernacle listening to the preacher. As he comes to the end of his sermon he offers up his blessing and says "in the name of the Mother, Daughter and Holy Spirit". If that makes you feel odd, you now know how those of us who honour the goddess feel when the preacher actually says:in the Name of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost!! Patriarchal religions offer only two stereotypes of womanhood to humanity - Mother Mary and Mary the Harlot. Says it all really!
As we talk about ways to survive the calamitous wars, famine, drought and disease which hold the world in thrall today we MUST find ways to embrace the feminine principle. If we fail, humanity will continue running round the wheel of oppressive patriarchy, which doesn't bear thinking about given where we are now. If the Sun is the essence of the masculine and the Moon the feminine, consider this:the moon illuminates that which cannot be seen beneath the bright light of the sun.
Life Love and Light for the World
Old 10-18-2008, 12:01 AM   #5
astropsyche
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecrow View Post
This is the gist of a conversation I had today with the "elders" of my SF group...as so often happens when the four of us get together, the entire day passed by deep in conversation, kicking around our ideas of a sustainable future for everyone on the planet...

We've lived in a patriarchal model of society for so many centuries, it's extremely difficult for many people to visualize an alternative. Be that as it may, one of the characteristics of our changing times is the reemergence of the Sacred Feminine, the goddess principle. This is not a sudden event but rather a process that has been evolving for most of the last century. And it reverses at least eight thousand years of Western history.

We know from ancient records that the earliest cultures were primarily goddess-worshipers. Early people understood the mystical link that woman has, both to the source of life and to the earth. They saw its parallels in nature and were in awe of it. Exactly how the shift from worshiping the feminine principle to trampling it came about I'm not sure, but I'm pretty sure it had something to do with a bunch of guys feeling resentful, really resentful, and I bet the women really were getting pretty bitchy and controlling.

I mean no disrespect. But there must have been some empresses with some huge cases of PMS. However it came about, those boneheaded men got together and decided things were going to be different.

Talk about a paradigm shift.

Unfortunately, we men haven't done a better job, but at least now we've each had a turn at the helm...a few thousand years each to see who was "better." And the answer of course is neither.

Looking back over history we can see how the reemergence of the feminine principle is necessary for the enlightenment and healing of mankind, but we can't go backwards. That was man's childhood, and now is the time for us to grow up. We must find balance, both within ourselves and in society. In the battle of the sexes, it's time for a permanent truce with full recognition that we cannot exist without each other and in fact are merely empty shells, caricatures without each other.

We need to spend time apart, time with friends, time alone. We need to put sex and sexuality in perspective - enjoying it immensely without imposing it into every encounter. Both men and women need to learn to shed their masks and their legends.

Wes - thank you for posting this thread. A little haven of perception amidst a sea of confusion! We could use a few more jewels like this thread.
Old 10-18-2008, 12:58 AM   #6
Delphi
Avalon Senior Member

it's late at night in the UK but I know I wouldn't sleep if I hadn't added to this thread before I go to bed. i feel so passionately on this subject i hardly know where to start.
I have lived since teenage (and I'll be 55 on Sunday) with the knowledge that the Goddess is returning and indeed must return (going further than Astropyche here!) if we are to have much of a future as humans on this planet.
By Goddess i mean the divine that is immanent in us, rather than the God that is transcendent - the old man with the white beard in the sky - and separate from us, other than us.
From following the Goddess path, I have learned and am learning respect for the natural world, respect for the wisdom of my body (even if I don't understand it or always enjoy it - coming towards the end of menstruation is quite disruptive!) respect for natural cycles. This last seems really difficult for many people and cultures to accept, and fear of death is to my mind one reason why the patriarchy seeks to control. As in the plant world where the autumn die back is followed by new growth in spring, so with us. Birth - death - rebirth.
If you listen to the marathon Future Talk Bill and Kerry did with David Wilcock in the closing minutes of the last part he talks about the importance of the return of the feminine. If you listen to the CMN interview with Drunvalo Melchizedek and read his book Serpent of Light, he explains how the earth's kundalini relocated from Tibet to Chile and is now radiating out on the unity consciousness grid, as well as how the masculine energy predominates during the movement out from the galactic centre in one half of a precessional age, and as earth begins to move back towards the centre, the feminine energy predominates during the other half. This shift from masculine to feminine has occurred in the last few years.
The shift is important because it helps people move from separation and from the head towards connectedness and the heart.

This is the time I have lived for! The chance to learn to follow my heart, which is for me the most important part of the Goddess path.

Love to all.
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 10:24 AM   #7
astropsyche
Avalon Senior Member

Delphi - reassuring to know there are at least a few of us trying to breathe life into the ancient goddess. My fear is that there is so little time to foster the growth of knowing Her back into the human world. There are vengeful goddess energies too - the Furies the Harpies Lilith and others -which can wreak havoc if the feminine is not returned to her rightful place. The suppression of the goddess has been very effective for many generations and men and women alike have no real concept of a world balanced with female and male expressions of Life. But - our work must continue or there will be no hope and no salvation and the psychotic male will reign supreme for still another Age! Love Light Life
Old 10-18-2008, 03:21 PM   #8
divinethread
Avalon Senior Member

Hello whitecrow,
After studying and soul searching about this feminine principle I have come to this conclusion that when we associate sacred feminine to feminism we are only referring to exoteric aspects of its nature.
In esoteric sense sacred feminine is present in each and everyone (male or female) and it refers to right brain activation and at the same time left brain must complement this right brain emergence. Hence its a combination of spirit and science together in balance.
When the media bombards us with role reversal imagery it messes with our brain and heart balance.
I feel it's a clash between exoteric - which we see around us and esoteric - which is within us. Resulting in this mess.
I would also like to add that even though we feel sacred feminine has been denied far too long. It it her time now and she will get her due credit.
keeping with this subject, I was doing some research on 'Fatima's Secret' and oddly there too there is the mention of Goddess re-emergence.
Great thread by the way.

Last edited by divinethread; 10-18-2008 at 03:30 PM.
divinethread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 04:48 AM   #9
whitecrow
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by divinethread View Post
After studying and soul searching about this feminine principle I have come to this conclusion that when we associate sacred feminine to feminism we are only referring to exoteric aspects of its nature.
I think you're being kind. While the goal of equality is a noble one, somehow we've forgotten that equality is not the condition of being identical. Political feminism is actually a dark perversion of the goddess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by divinethread View Post
In esoteric sense sacred feminine is present in each and everyone (male or female) and it refers to right brain activation and at the same time left brain must complement this right brain emergence. Hence its a combination of spirit and science together in balance.
I'd absolutely agree! Anything less is a bird with one wing.
whitecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 06:32 AM   #10
Starlah
Avalon Senior Member

Smile Re: Venus & Mars: Reemergence of the Sacred Feminine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
it's late at night in the UK but I know I wouldn't sleep if I hadn't added to this thread before I go to bed. i feel so passionately on this subject i hardly know where to start.
I have lived since teenage (and I'll be 55 on Sunday) with the knowledge that the Goddess is returning and indeed must return (going further than Astropyche here!) if we are to have much of a future as humans on this planet.
By Goddess i mean the divine that is immanent in us, rather than the God that is transcendent - the old man with the white beard in the sky - and separate from us, other than us.
From following the Goddess path, I have learned and am learning respect for the natural world, respect for the wisdom of my body (even if I don't understand it or always enjoy it - coming towards the end of menstruation is quite disruptive!) respect for natural cycles. This last seems really difficult for many people and cultures to accept, and fear of death is to my mind one reason why the patriarchy seeks to control. As in the plant world where the autumn die back is followed by new growth in spring, so with us. Birth - death - rebirth.
If you listen to the marathon Future Talk Bill and Kerry did with David Wilcock in the closing minutes of the last part he talks about the importance of the return of the feminine. If you listen to the CMN interview with Drunvalo Melchizedek and read his book Serpent of Light, he explains how the earth's kundalini relocated from Tibet to Chile and is now radiating out on the unity consciousness grid, as well as how the masculine energy predominates during the movement out from the galactic centre in one half of a precessional age, and as earth begins to move back towards the centre, the feminine energy predominates during the other half. This shift from masculine to feminine has occurred in the last few years.
The shift is important because it helps people move from separation and from the head towards connectedness and the heart.

This is the time I have lived for! The chance to learn to follow my heart, which is for me the most important part of the Goddess path.

Love to all.
Delphi...indeed the sacred feminine is returning and you may be interested in James Gilliland's video on Youtube (use Google to locate) in regards to this...you can also access archived interviews with James on:

http://www.consciousmedianetwork.com
__________________________________________________ _______
Kick at the Darkness until it bleeds Daylight...Bruce Cockburn
Starlah is offline   Reply With Quote