Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Economy and Currency

Notices

Old 10-11-2008, 05:25 PM   #1
joaocbm
Avalon Senior Member

Default All withdrawals and electronic payments down right now

In Portugal, where i live, all withdrawals and eletronic payments are down.
Noone can get money from the atm and they are saying it is a software issue, however the message that is displayed in the atm screens is" your money usage for today is: 0.00€".
This message is completely new in the system.
joaocbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 05:59 PM   #2
Banned

Default Re: All withdrawals and electronic payments down right now

I don't know if this is everywhere, but here where I live the bank I go to all their ATMs say "Temporarily Unavailable". Scary.

EDIT: I'm from Connnecticut, USA

Last edited by 371; 10-11-2008 at 07:55 PM.
371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 06:11 PM   #3
joaocbm
Avalon Senior Member

back to normal. a test maybe...?
joaocbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 07:16 PM   #4
Truther21
Avalon Senior Member

If you post problems with ATMs then post where your at. I cant tell, my cards outta date.
Truther21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 07:50 PM   #5
Platinum
Avalon Senior Member

Had a really strange occurrence both yesterday and today (Bournemouth Uk).

I've had the same pin number for my card for years, use my card everyday, and of course, I know my number off by heart.

Yet, everytime I went to draw money from a cashpoint, I get some kind of 'temporary amnesia' and could not remember my pin number. Really strange.

Once home, I could recall it immediately, just as easily as if I'd never forgotten it.

Went out again later, and the next day too, and both times I again was struck by some kind of 'mental block' that stopped me from knowing my pin number.

Once again, arriving home, I could know it immediately. This time I wrote it down in tiny print on the inside of my thumb when going out so was able to withdraw money.

It's not that I needed it urgently, as I've taken the precaution of keeping a sum capable of supporting myself for a while hidden away in case of emergency, but I don't like to use that, and prefer to keep using the ATM until they shut them down.

I know this is not exactly 'on topic', just wondered if anyone else had been experiencing this curious 'mental block' phenomenom?
Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 08:36 PM   #6
Shaeba
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platinum View Post

I've had the same pin number for my card for years, use my card everyday, and of course, I know my number off by heart.

Yet, everytime I went to draw money from a cashpoint, I get some kind of 'temporary amnesia' and could not remember my pin number. Really strange.

Once home, I could recall it immediately, just as easily as if I'd never forgotten it.

Went out again later, and the next day too, and both times I again was struck by some kind of 'mental block' that stopped me from knowing my pin number.

Once again, arriving home, I could know it immediately. This time I wrote it down in tiny print on the inside of my thumb when going out so was able to withdraw money.

It's not that I needed it urgently, as I've taken the precaution of keeping a sum capable of supporting myself for a while hidden away in case of emergency, but I don't like to use that, and prefer to keep using the ATM until they shut them down.

I know this is not exactly 'on topic', just wondered if anyone else had been experiencing this curious 'mental block' phenomenom?
Okay. Wow. So interesting to see you post this. I had a similar occasion happen to me about two weeks ago on the 25th of September. I have never forgotten my PIN since I go it several years ago. Not once. Yet three times in that same day, I did. It wasn't even forgetting, really. It was more of a complete and total mind blank, as if the numbers just weren't even there in my head. It was the strangest thing in the world. Interesting to read that someone else has experienced something similar.
Shaeba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 09:01 PM   #7
Platinum
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaeba View Post
Okay. Wow. So interesting to see you post this. I had a similar occasion happen to me about two weeks ago on the 25th of September. I have never forgotten my PIN since I go it several years ago. Not once. Yet three times in that same day, I did. It wasn't even forgetting, really. It was more of a complete and total mind blank, as if the numbers just weren't even there in my head. It was the strangest thing in the world. Interesting to read that someone else has experienced something similar.

Exactly. Almost like a 'controlled' temporary memory erasure, which seems to occur only in specific zones.

Thanks for your reply, it is interesting to know I'm not the only one this has occurred to.
Old 10-11-2008, 09:15 PM   #8
Shaeba
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Exactly. Almost like a 'controlled' temporary memory erasure, which seems to occur only in specific zones.

Thanks for your reply, it is interesting to know I'm not the only one this has occurred to.
That's almost how I felt in way.

When I finally did get the numbers back in my mind too, they weren't in sequence, if that makes any sense? I could remember the numbers in it first, but not which order they went in, it took me about ten minutes to figure that part out.

What made all of this even more bizzare to me is that I retain numbers amazingly well... I could recite every phone number I've ever had, every phone number all of my friends and family have ever had, even every PIN I've had in my life. So it really struck me as the strangest thing in the world that that would happen.
Old 10-11-2008, 09:30 PM   #9
Platinum
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaeba View Post
That's almost how I felt in way.

When I finally did get the numbers back in my mind too, they weren't in sequence, if that makes any sense? I could remember the numbers in it first, but not which order they went in, it took me about ten minutes to figure that part out.
Yep. Exactly the same for me too. Curious. Will be very interested to hear if other's have had similar experiences too. Don't want to hijack this topic though, maybe if mods would like to split these posts into a new discussion, unless happy to leave it here.
Old 10-11-2008, 09:38 PM   #10
Ricfly52
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:

Oh wow, I thought I was the only one to have this happen to.

On Oct. 9th, I went to one of my two banks to withdraw, money that I was going to deposit in the second bank to cover some things. The amount I needed to with draw was too large for the electronic atm, so I had to go into the bank, and use a real person. After making my request, she had me swipe my card, and told me to enter my pin. I was totally dumb struck. I walked out in total embarrassment. I have used that pin for five years hundreds of times.

I had to come home and get the pin out of my safe where I have it stored. I am not kidding, yesterday I had to dig into my wallet and look at the pin again in the Grocery Mart.

I wonder what it is all about.
Ricfly52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 09:50 PM   #11
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Are you all living in Uk as Platinum or is this happening in several different countries?

Kindness

mudra
mudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 10:10 PM   #12
day
Retired Avalon Member

The bank and atm are ok in on. canada-- so Id like to be a breath of fresh positive air that things will be alright in a day or hour or two.

its really something to think about, and it is scary when it happens.

About the forgetting ones own pin code, Id suggest changing it and putting it into a rhyme sequence so it doesnt happen again and this way the numbers althought meaningful for all those years you will have a jogger for memory not only one by rote

This is what I did when the same thing happened to me 3 years ago, and like you it was the same code having used it for several years but could remember it and drew a complete blank.

its weirdly comforting to hear that it has happened to someone else even though I wouldnt want that to happen to anyone
day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 10:21 PM   #13
Shaeba
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudra View Post
Are you all living in Uk as Platinum or is this happening in several different countries?

Kindness

mudra
I'm in the US, just a bit north of Chicago, Il. So it definitely desn't seem to be locale related.
Old 10-11-2008, 10:27 PM   #14
Jacqui D
Avalon Senior Member

I'm in England and the Barclays bank in my shopping centre was shut all day on monday 6th, they put a notice on the door to say all computors where down sorry they were unable to open the bank today.

This has happened in the past ( computors going down) they didn't shut the bank that time, they still took your money and was taking cheques from people who needed cash but you could not use your card.
So i thought it a little strange!
Jacqui D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 10:32 PM   #15
Nik
Avalon Senior Member

Regarding the PIN amnesia, I had this happen mid-September... though I stepped back, and sort of went through the mental block and remembered the PIN in a few minutes. Actually, this is mostly due to the fact that I remember my PINs through the hand movements that I use to type them in.

Regarding the ATM outages, I am in Edinburgh and have not seen this happen although I do not pay attention to many ATMs anyway...

BUT - I did have a strange event at the bank (Lloyds) and it was somewhat TOO coincidental for the time period (with all the current changes). A few days ago I went to withdraw 500 GBP, basically in case of predicted outages. I went through the cashier rather than the ATM and interestingly enough there was some sort of 'random security check' after which the cashier had to phone the head office (or wherever) to double check account details.

Just seemed like the timing was a bit too perfect for that to happen.
Nik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 11:06 PM   #16
Platinum
Avalon Senior Member

Hmmm, the mystery grows then, it would seem I am far from alone in my experiences.

'Day', in response to your suggestion, that is another curious thing, because the number is actually one that is memorable to me for other reasons too, and yet, still I was unable to recall it when wanting to relieve the bank from some of my money.

It seems that perhaps the bank were not happy with my doing so, lol.
Old 10-11-2008, 11:31 PM   #17
paul1980
Avalon Senior Member

Hi,

Last few days due being sick i have not been out, but, this will sound a bit strange, when you forget your pin, did you try it a second time?
When you got back home, why did you not write the pin on your arm and go back, give it another try, see what happens, sometimes when we think alot we tend to disconnect from other info in our brain like a trance.
As far as i know, here Netherlands atm is working.

When something happens, do not panic, look around you, double check, look some more, open your senses try to absorb, analyse, and then come up with a solution. You know, be human, and stop being afraid.

In a way, banking crises is caused by fear, and the runs people do because of that fear, in a way they hurt themselves.

money =
paul1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 11:44 PM   #18
Platinum
Avalon Senior Member

Hi Paul,

the main issue is, that of a complete memory block. Meaning as soon as I tried to focus on that number, my mind goes blank. Had no idea what to type in. I tried a couple of combinations, without success. Any more, it would keep my card.

I did not write down the number the first time, because once I remembered it, I just put it down to a freak occurrence. It was only after it happened again that I realized something strange was occurring.
Old 10-12-2008, 05:42 AM   #19
Rocky_Shorz
Avalon Senior Member

I've had a different phenomena going on lately, 3 times this last week, I have been handed too much change, hand someone a 5 and they give me change for a 50, twice on 10s they handed back change for a hundred. I'm not sure what's going on, but they've all been shocked when I slid back a pile of change... They had no clue until they looked again.

There is a total confusion going on like money no longer computes...
Rocky_Shorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 06:24 AM   #20
Pithiny
Project Avalon Researcher

I am starting to have a weeee bit-o-luck in manifesting enough money for my needs.

I had a company send me a bill for $100 I thought I owed. They sent it back. The next week they sent me a check for $100. I called and they insisted they owed it.

Roommates paying rent early, always seem to have more money than I think I do.

I am learning to be VERY grateful.
Pithiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 06:30 AM   #21
Conch14:14
Avalon Senior Member

yes, i had this same problem with my atm pin two or three weeks ago. i could not remember for the life off me and ended up having my account frozen two days in a row because i typed in the wrong pin too many times.

also i had a somewhat strange experience at the atm on friday. usually i am able to withdraw a max off $300 from an atm per day, but the other day i went to withdraw $300, and it said it would only allow me to take out $200. This was not due to a lack of funds in my acount...It may have just been the atm i was at, but i have never had this happen before.
Conch14:14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 06:49 AM   #22
Brinty
Avalon Senior Member

On October 9, before we travelled 120km to do our monthly grocery shopping, my wife checked our balance with the bank. Using the phone to do this, she had to enter the account number twice because the first attempt was rejected. Getting past that step, the same thing happened next with the PIN number. Eventually the transaction was completed successfully.

On arriving at the checkout after doing our purchasing, she had a moment of panic when she couldn't remember her PIN number. Fortunately we had enough cash in hand to cover the cost of the goodies.

We live in Blackbutt, and shop in Toowoomba. Both are located in Queensland Australia - north-west and west respectively, from Brisbane.
Brinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 07:30 AM   #23
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

So far everything is OK in Poland and no amnesia on my part.
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 08:04 AM   #24
m3yn86d
Avalon Senior Member

Question Re: All withdrawals and electronic payments down right now

It really knarks me when someone is simply trying to report a phenomenon and people start giving advice as though (according to their interpretation) the problem needs to be fixed. I think people are big enough and old enough to ask for advice when they need it.

First post and just had to say it.

Aaaanywaaaay!
A thought. You know how we are all connected to this world wide consciousness web wwcw? Could it be that people were subconsciously picking up on the wider economic situation? Just a thought
m3yn86d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 03:28 PM   #25
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Maybe you guys which experienced these blank state as regard your pin code, will be interested to go on this thread:

Project Avalon Forum » Project Avalon Forum » Project Avalon » Spirituality » As your Timeline Changes, are People, Places, and Things Disappearing? Lots of interesting stories and data there about time lines.

Kindness

mudra
mudra is offline   Reply With Quote