Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

View Poll Results: Do you want Avalon to remain as it is warts and all?
Yes 108 83.72%
No 21 16.28%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2010, 11:24 PM   #1
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Inverness Scotland
Posts: 924
Default Keep Avalon as it is warts and all poll

No comments please just vote yes or no.
greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 05:37 AM   #2
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Inverness Scotland
Posts: 924
Default Re: Keep Avalon as it is warts and all poll

The response so far has been good.
Now step up too the plate those who have not voted.
Nothing happens without action PM your friends and point out this pole which has diss-appeared from view
Saying yes does not mean you are against AV2 just that you wish this one to continue.
Keeping it very simple.
Regards
Chris
greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 08:14 AM   #3
kriya
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 213
Default Re: Keep Avalon as it is warts and all poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by greybeard View Post
The response so far has been good.
Now step up too the plate those who have not voted.
Nothing happens without action PM your friends and point out this pole which has diss-appeared from view
Saying yes does not mean you are against AV2 just that you wish this one to continue.
Keeping it very simple.
Regards
Chris
Thank for setting up this poll Chris. Grass roots action is needed right now.

50/8 in favour of keeping the original forum. Keep voting please.

Love

Kriya

PS I'd happily pay to keep it open.
kriya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 08:57 AM   #4
Swanny
I dont need a label !
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: The Shire of Wilt
Posts: 2,889
Unhappy Re: Keep Avalon as it is warts and all poll

I fear that TPTB will ignore the feelings of those they serve and go ahead with their plans
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 09:03 AM   #5
swordsmith
Unsubscribed
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: south east uk
Posts: 379
Default Re: Keep Avalon as it is warts and all poll

hey swanny, why fear the obvious? I got my invite, did you?
swordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 09:10 AM   #6
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Inverness Scotland
Posts: 924
Default Re: Keep Avalon as it is warts and all poll

Hi guys.
Yes its fait acompli but there are 1000s of member here and if they voted for current Avalon and refused to move yes this forum would close but AV2 would not get a great start,

Im just aware of options but if I never posted again it would be ok. Its all the same in a 100years so to speak.

Regards Chris
greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 09:17 AM   #7
swordsmith
Unsubscribed
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: south east uk
Posts: 379
Default Re: Keep Avalon as it is warts and all poll

hi chris, well if people refuse to move but are sitting in a house with no amenities, I just dont get how that works .
Oh ok now I do, but do you honestly think people will not move over there when they can't see their names in print on a daily basis? ohhhh the ego my friend.
But you know what? I actually do think what has been done here has already made a difference to the next hundred years, maybe not the way intended but energy has been directed and spent, if the focus had been more honed, who knows what we could have achieved?

perhaps that is just my ego talking. cheers for what you are trying to do.
swordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 09:54 AM   #8
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Inverness Scotland
Posts: 924
Default Re: Keep Avalon as it is warts and all poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by swordsmith View Post
hi chris, well if people refuse to move but are sitting in a house with no amenities, I just dont get how that works .
Oh ok now I do, but do you honestly think people will not move over there when they can't see their names in print on a daily basis? ohhhh the ego my friend.
But you know what? I actually do think what has been done here has already made a difference to the next hundred years, maybe not the way intended but energy has been directed and spent, if the focus had been more honed, who knows what we could have achieved?

perhaps that is just my ego talking. cheers for what you are trying to do.
You are of course right its human nature to seek attention to seek approval and yes even disapprover's is better than not being noticed.

Av2 just has to be patient and most will move over for those reasons..
This place will be read only if it exists at all.

Just think its a shame to move from here when with just a lititle more thought the leaky roof could have been fixed.

All the same 100 years from now is an old Sots saying and its true in thst if you look at todays papers you will see much the same as a 100years back except that today its more sensationalized.

regards
Chris.
greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 10:47 AM   #9
swordsmith
Unsubscribed
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: south east uk
Posts: 379
Default Re: Keep Avalon as it is warts and all poll

well there are other places to talk, it doesn't have to be an either/ or situation. Chocolate? vanilla? How about tutti frutti ? You might like it and its available in a place near you!
I firmly believe the next hundred years will be very different, I have known it in my scorpionic waters since the age of 14.
But yes, the last hundred years have been much of the same old same old, its been a long cycle.
Pluto in Capricorn my friend is going to queer the pitch of the hidden handers so it's all coming out, and its a looooong transit. Thank your lucky stars.
swordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 10:52 AM   #10
Harper
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Paris
Posts: 467
Default Re: Keep Avalon as it is warts and all poll

I cant vote, or veto or poll, my fingers wont do it !! So sorry

I do appreciate the kindness with which it was begun. But I think you missed the secret above. Look....

Swanny is the waskly wabbit.

Do you see? swanny has transcended his duality, and saw he is the one he has been chasing !! thank you so much

Hurrah !
Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 11:06 AM   #11
justpeter
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 55
Default Re: Keep Avalon as it is warts and all poll

I would like to take part in the poll but I have a logical mind and the poll is, unfortunately, too illogical for me.

Would I like Avalon to stay? - Yes.

Warts and all? - No, I've already made suggestions as to how it could be improved.

Peter
justpeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 12:47 PM   #12
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Inverness Scotland
Posts: 924
Default Re: Keep Avalon as it is warts and all poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpeter View Post
I would like to take part in the poll but I have a logical mind and the poll is, unfortunately, too illogical for me.

Would I like Avalon to stay? - Yes.

Warts and all? - No, I've already made suggestions as to how it could be improved.

Peter
May be it should be Just Peter as in justice.
I honestly dont mind the end result.
I just got fed up of people talking talking.
Thought I would lance the boil by simple yes or no.

I think its unfortunate that through a few "missbehavers" that the rest have to move.
The rules were sufficient.
The words "warts and all" were probably a simplification.
I did not mean continued blatant miss use of the forum.

Chris
greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 10:23 PM   #13
Swanny
I dont need a label !
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: The Shire of Wilt
Posts: 2,889
Default Re: Keep Avalon as it is warts and all poll

Bump


Vote now
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 12:15 AM   #14
Kulapops
Avalon Senior Member
 
Kulapops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Torbay, UK
Posts: 704
Default Re: Keep Avalon as it is warts and all poll

I have to get a post in ! I don't want to stick on 666 posts for very long thankyouverymuch !!

But No.. I cannot vote either. I agree with Harper... and Swanny... transcendence is the only way forward !

How can we vote for things to stay the way they are ? I know this is not really the core idea behind this poll, obviously it is meant to be forward looking and positive.

But think about the realities for a minute. Life is change. all the time, permament change. Look at my ying-yang ! (ooer missus)

"There it is!".. a visual graphic, just as if Peter Snow has come into help with his swingometer (sorry.. joke for uk) .

Think about it.. all this talk of nonsensical doom and gloom and things that may happen... for months and months and months and weeks and weeks... swine flu... earth quakes...PTB takeovers (ahem, maybe not a good example)...aliens buzzing fishing boats...

and then... finally...

SOMETHING HAPPENS

Whoo-hoo !

Jester's right.. something IS going on. I have no idea what, nor do I really mind... but finally this is not virtual land anymore. Something is actually happening and we are all being forced to think about ourselves and others in an immediate way that affects us.

This is not about FEMA coffins. It's about what are YOU going to next ?

So we NEED an Avalon 2.

We NEED a Mists of Avalon.

We NEED Avalon 1 to die... because life is death and it is life again.

If a seed never changed, where would we be?

This , my friends is life in action as far as I am aware.

The drama is incidental, the kindling if you will. But the choices.. they are real.

It's not passive living anymore, is it?

Underneath it all...Something wonderful is happening...

K
Kulapops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 12:20 AM   #15
tacodog
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 36
Default Re: Keep Avalon as it is warts and all poll

If some things are not fixed here in AV1 first, the baggage will be carried over to AV2 - no?
tacodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 12:27 AM   #16
Kulapops
Avalon Senior Member
 
Kulapops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Torbay, UK
Posts: 704
Default Re: Keep Avalon as it is warts and all poll

Well.. my take on that tacodog.. is that we are all carrying all of our baggage around with us all the time. As in...

"Wherever you go, there you are !"

So Av1, Av2, Mists... it's all the same place man... from your point of reference...

It's how I am in every second that is important, not the place I am in.

So yes, anyone who still has issues (that is, all of us) will still have those issues wherever they hang out next, unless they have found out what they are and are working on them.

The whole point of these extremes of duality is to bring our issues to our attention.

In reality, I imagine, the only true place (next step up) to go from here is offline but we all have our addictions, eh ? But then.. that's only from my point of reference...it may not be the right thing for the next person. We each have to figure out what our next step is.. or else it gets perscriptive.

But I'm working on it...



K
Kulapops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 12:30 AM   #17
Nebula9D
Avalon Senior Member
 
Nebula9D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Gaia
Posts: 107
Default Re: Keep Avalon as it is warts and all poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulapops View Post
I have to get a post in ! I don't want to stick on 666 posts for very long thankyouverymuch !!

But No.. I cannot vote either. I agree with Harper... and Swanny... transcendence is the only way forward !

How can we vote for things to stay the way they are ? I know this is not really the core idea behind this poll, obviously it is meant to be forward looking and positive.

But think about the realities for a minute. Life is change. all the time, permament change. Look at my ying-yang ! (ooer missus)

"There it is!".. a visual graphic, just as if Peter Snow has come into help with his swingometer (sorry.. joke for uk) .

Think about it.. all this talk of nonsensical doom and gloom and things that may happen... for months and months and months and weeks and weeks... swine flu... earth quakes...PTB takeovers (ahem, maybe not a good example)...aliens buzzing fishing boats...

and then... finally...

SOMETHING HAPPENS

Whoo-hoo !

Jester's right.. something IS going on. I have no idea what, nor do I really mind... but finally this is not virtual land anymore. Something is actually happening and we are all being forced to think about ourselves and others in an immediate way that affects us.

This is not about FEMA coffins. It's about what are YOU going to next ?

So we NEED an Avalon 2.

We NEED a Mists of Avalon.

We NEED Avalon 1 to die... because life is death and it is life again.

If a seed never changed, where would we be?

This , my friends is life in action as far as I am aware.

The drama is incidental, the kindling if you will. But the choices.. they are real.

It's not passive living anymore, is it?

Underneath it all...Something wonderful is happening...

K

I say ...these are the growing pains of Avalon. Its hard to leave a good home that you have nurtured and took care of, for long time. That's what the poll is showing us.
Nebula9D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 12:42 AM   #18
tacodog
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 36
Default Re: Keep Avalon as it is warts and all poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulapops View Post
Well.. my take on that tacodog.. is that we are all carrying all of our baggage around with us all the time. As in...

"Wherever you go, there you are !"

So Av1, Av2, Mists... it's all the same place man... from your point of reference...

It's how I am in every second that is important, not the place I am in.

So yes, anyone who still has issues (that is, all of us) will still have those issues wherever they hang out next, unless they have found out what they are and are working on them.

The whole point of these extremes of duality is to bring our issues to our attention.

In reality, I imagine, the only true place (next step up) to go from here is offline but we all have our addictions, eh ? But then.. that's only from my point of reference...it may not be the right thing for the next person. We each have to figure out what our next step is.. or else it gets perscriptive.

But I'm working on it...



K
Good Point K. We do all have issues, I wasn't thinking of everyone's issues here, tho. I was thinking more along the line of Jester's question: "who is steering the boat".
I agree, I should work on that offline thingy too But darn, I like this forum with all its variety of info, insights, news, etc.
tacodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 01:01 AM   #19
Kulapops
Avalon Senior Member
 
Kulapops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Torbay, UK
Posts: 704
Default Re: Keep Avalon as it is warts and all poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacodog View Post
Good Point K. We do all have issues, I wasn't thinking of everyone's issues here, tho. I was thinking more along the line of Jester's question: "who is steering the boat".
I agree, I should work on that offline thingy too But darn, I like this forum with all its variety of info, insights, news, etc.
Yep.. that's my weakness too. I genuinely want people to get along, and I genuinely want the world to be a better place.


The kicker to get your head around is that only is possible through self-discovery.. and no amount of telling someone else what their flaws are !

lololol...

The Avalons are full of great people. I'll choose to believe they are all great. Some I resonate more with than others, some make me laugh, some make me sigh. But as soon as I start judging anyone, I'm missing the point. It's about me... and it's about us... but it can never be about you (as in separate from me)

Because that does not seem to me currently to be how the world really is.

Of course people do other people wrong. But to stand or die for justice? What is that exactly?

I'd rather stand for love.

Sure, things need fixing, and if people need to make a stand of some sort or other, they should follow their hearts. My guess is the longer we stand left or right..them and us... the longer it will take untill differences are resolved and we get to find out what the next stage of evolution is.

But that is a wave coming. In the end, it may not matter what anyone believes. The wave will act through us. It already is. I'm pretty sure it's a wave of energy causing disonance throughout Avalon. This will soon be manifesting in the real world.

It's like a clock pulse in the ether that is steadily growing. All we can do is be aware of it.
Kulapops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 06:54 AM   #20
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Inverness Scotland
Posts: 924
Default Re: Keep Avalon as it is warts and all poll

Who is steering the boat?
Why we are of course
or is it off-course.
Why worry.
We make plans and God laughs.
With love for all who vote or dont vote.

Think we are all going to AV2 regardless.
We just love the company least I do.
Ch
greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 03:04 PM   #21
pineal-pilot-in merkabah
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: england
Posts: 1,153
Default Re: Keep Avalon as it is warts and all poll

i voted no. if anyone is intersted. i quite fancy the idea of a change. its a s good as a rest as they say. new sofware and you can archive back to this info and start new threads based on same subjects, so nothing is changing as far as i can see anyway.

kerry has a forum to reflect her side of the coin and bill has one for his. if you like GFL fairies and thuban(whatever that is) go kerrys, if you like nazis, d.u.m.b.s and spaceships go to bills. is that not what his happening?
pineal-pilot-in merkabah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 05:43 PM   #22
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Poland
Posts: 3,442
Default Re: Keep Avalon as it is warts and all poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by pineal-pilot-in merkabah View Post
i voted no. if anyone is intersted. i quite fancy the idea of a change. its a s good as a rest as they say. new sofware and you can archive back to this info and start new threads based on same subjects, so nothing is changing as far as i can see anyway.

kerry has a forum to reflect her side of the coin and bill has one for his. if you like GFL fairies and thuban(whatever that is) go kerrys, if you like nazis, d.u.m.b.s and spaceships go to bills. is that not what his happening?
and if you like think for yourself go to the Mists....
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 05:52 PM   #23
truthseekerdan
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Physical Realm
Posts: 244
Default Re: Keep Avalon as it is warts and all poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgundia View Post
and if you like think for yourself go to the Mists....
I don't 2nd that!

Last edited by truthseekerdan; 03-18-2010 at 07:59 PM.
truthseekerdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 07:54 PM   #24
TRANCOSO
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Amsterdam
Posts: 964
Default Re: Keep Avalon as it is warts and all poll

6882 members

116 votes
TRANCOSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 08:25 PM   #25
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Inverness Scotland
Posts: 924
Default Re: Keep Avalon as it is warts and all poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANCOSO View Post
[color="red"]6882 members[/colour

116 votes
Ah well.
I stuck my head above the parapet so to speak TRANSCO.

No one sent me to the mist not that I expected it.

I will let my ego out to play with this statement.

So much hot air, so much blaming, so much victim mentality, completely unrecognized.
Still going on.
This forum is free, the other forums moved on from here are free.

Do we really appreciate what we have here enough to vote either way?
Would seem not.
We would rather it seems just make a noise about he wrongs and right of here versus AV2.

It is so sad.

But I dont mind.

My ego is back in its box.

Kindly disregard this letter.



Thanks to all who took the trouble to vote either way.

With Love
Chris
greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Project Avalon