Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 10-09-2008, 07:33 AM   #1
Kituwa
Avalon Senior Member

Default Ground crews,Fantasy?

Are there really ground crews here or is it only cyber crews? There is a lot of talk here about survival, but yet in my experiance survival is near impossible as a 'self' thing. The world around us has changed drasticlly in the last 15 - 20 years and the thing i have noticed most is that people have become afraid of each other, no one trusts anyone.Instead of getting out and meeting people face to face to share knologe,hope,joys and sorrows we all hide behind a keyboard. Few of the profiles here even give an idea of where we are actually from.While i understand some need to be carefull now days i think it is over done. The gov for sure has no problem finding out who and where everyone here is and where they live as can any good hacker.If anything here is ever to amount to anything we are going to have to put some effort into meeting those that are at least in your area. Even though there may be a lot of diffrent views on spirituality or on what is going to happen i think we all have something to share with each other.There has been a lot of talk here about paranoid thinking or negative thinking. These are just some of the things that go along with being to ones self.You might be afraid others will have diffrent ideas than you do and i am sure they will, but you may find out you have a lot more in common than you think.Some here may seem hung up on doom and others to much into thinking only happy thoughts to change things. The truth lyes in a balance though and balance is much easier to find as a group and not by ourselves.Humans were never ment to exist the way we are trying to do today. We were intended to live tribal or communities that work together.I dont mean a group that all thinks alike or has a common leader that all follow but a group that realizes that they need each other and are responsible for each other regardless of our diffrences.My native culture teaches we are not only responsible for our own childrens future, but for the next seven generations to follow us. Think about that for a while, its a very deep thing. If we can all understand this concept and strive to follow it, there is no doom.Lets not dwell on just our problems and the bad things we see, lets take those bad things and turn them around to make possitive things.
Kituwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 07:51 AM   #2
MMe M
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Ground crews,Fantasy?

You are right. It is true we have disassociated and accepted a cyber reality for human fellowship.

When the power is turned off, we will have no choice but to resume the once familiar social communion we have all but forgotten. It will be a matter of life or death, so im sure most will learn rather quickly.
MMe M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 08:17 AM   #3
Johnno

Thumbs up Re: Ground crews,Fantasy?

Quote:
the thing i have noticed most is that people have become afraid of each other, no one trusts anyone.Instead of getting out and meeting people face to face to share knologe,hope,joys and sorrows we all hide behind a keyboard.
This was definitely not evident at the Nexus Conference.
Since I met quite a few people there, we were all open , and we bonded in such a way that it was as if we had been friends for years and the conference was just a reunion.

Quote:
If anything here is ever to amount to anything we are going to have to put some effort into meeting those that are at least in your area.
Most definitely. Since my experience at the conference, its now doubly important to meet people with like minds.
I have already arranged a meeting for the Melbourne, Australia Ground Crew, and I think the bonding will be great, just by going by the Nexus Conference.

Quote:
The truth lyes in a balance though and balance is much easier to find as a group and not by ourselves.Humans were never ment to exist the way we are trying to do today. We were intended to live tribal or communities that work together.I dont mean a group that all thinks alike or has a common leader that all follow but a group that realizes that they need each other and are responsible for each other regardless of our diffrences.My native culture teaches we are not only responsible for our own childrens future, but for the next seven generations to follow us. Think about that for a while, its a very deep thing. If we can all understand this concept and strive to follow it, there is no doom.Lets not dwell on just our problems and the bad things we see, lets take those bad things and turn them around to make possitive things.
Well said Kituwa.
Take care and peace be with you all.
Best regards,
John
DarkMatter
Old 10-09-2008, 10:37 AM   #4
Mike_Jetson
Avalon Senior Member

We have a very broad spectrum of people that post on here and with Camelot and Avalon in the same place youll get many threads unrelated to what you are looking for.

I think we have to be patient too. We cant simply start up radiant zones, new communities and all get ourselves networked as fast as we would like. One step at a time. It has not been set up long
Mike_Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 11:19 AM   #5
Steve_A
Project Avalon Moderator

Hi Kituwa,

I understand where you're coming from. I think we need to look back a little to understand the present, and then hopefully understand the future.

I don't know about these days in the US, but almost thirty years ago (wow, am I that old?) we had a fad in the UK called CB radio, used by truckers and almost every teenager had a straight forty with the ariel mounted on an old biscuit tin. We would chat all night, many lost sleep, lost their jobs even because of the 'need' to talk about nothing with someone they didn't know.

However, those people who lived near to each other began to meet up and before you knew it real relationships began to blossom, even marriages. At that time life and the world was realatively stable. But the impotant thing is that there was a need to communicate, even though in the initial stages of communication, the content was about nothing, just chit-chat.

Now the world is very different and the vehicle of communication is different. The principal is the same, the need for communication. Only this time there is a need to pass on information, as the world appears to be morphing every day.

With the internet, information is being bombarded on us from all sides, and what is going on in your neck of the woods can now be informed to somebody on the other side of the world in an instance. Like for example the two identical speeches that were given by the Canadian and Australian politicians posted in this forum on another thread.

Thirty years ago that would have been impossible to do.

So we have a group of 'like minded' consciencious people who are sharing all of this information and trying to make sense of it all (which is why many times there are different directions of discussion in the forum) that is spread worldwide and which can be broken down into demographic locations. Those that are relatively close can and should meet pysically and discuss personally their thougts, ideas and information. Not everyone in the Ground Crews will think like Chicken Licken that the sky will fall on their head tomorrow, and will have their agenda. Others have their different political views and so it goes on. But I think I can honestly say that all are concerned about the state of the world and are trying their best to understand what is going on and how to solve problems.

I personally would love to meet other Ground Crew members, take them to the farm and spend a week discussing the possibilities of the future, however, it appears that I'm the only one here in the Northeast of Brazil.

If you are in striking range of a concentration of others, try and meet up with them, shake their hand, discuss, argue, solve problems and come together to form a conclusion. Even if you didn't manage to save the world, you would have contributed and at the very best, if the world becomes a peaceful place once again, you will have mede some friends.

Best regards,

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kituwa View Post
Are there really ground crews here or is it only cyber crews?
Steve_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 10:39 PM   #6
Shellie
Banned

Not, not fantasy... part of trusting each other is bonding. Yes, we are in cyberspace now but the bond is real. My best friend in the entire world lives all the way in Australia- and we "met" via the internet 12 years ago.

There is a section for people wanting to meet others in their area to create ground crews. Several groups there are meeting or are planning to meet. Be patient; give it time.
Shellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 02:42 AM   #7
Heretic
Avalon Senior Member

I would have to agree with Nick Begich's view on things

we have gone from communicating with smoke signals to being able to talk to anyone in the world almost instantly

The internet, cell phones, and email have allowed us to think globally and communicate at light speed

it is an awesome thing to be able to tap into what people are thinking about all across the world

that is pretty darn close to telepathy as far as mental infrastructure and conceptuality, yet we still need the phones

I think you are right in saying that due to technology we have lost our way concerning the human touch, but it also has the opposite effect

people are also coming closer together through out the world

peace
Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 02:47 AM   #8
unloadedgunn
Avalon Senior Member

I posted this yesterday, and want to put it here as well. I have reservations about putting this in an open forum full of strangers, but... the time for rumination is over, I think for all of us. We need to stand together and weather this storm. I don't care if it is political, financial, or environmental, there is strength in numbers. Peace Out.

Hey Everybody...

The info and advice available here have been great. I am also glad to see that some of you have taken it past the talking stage and actually met in person. I am ready for ACTION as well. I would like to put out there in cyberland that I would like to host a meeting here on my farm in the Connecticut River Valley. I am a few seconds away from New Hampshire in the little town of Westminster Station, Vermont. I have heard some folks talking of a preliminary move perhaps to the Keene, NH area, before a final excursion into the woods.

With 11 acres (5 certified organic), a huge barn to store lumber/supplies, the possibility to have a root cellar,a vacant 1 BR apartment, an unfinished efficiency apt, fruit trees, bee hives, and much more to offer, I feel this place could be a great springboard for the right person/people.

It has always been my intention to have a very small and loose knit intentional community right here, but new developments have changed my mind, but...I think it might be a great place to gather. Just a thought. Anybody interested post to this thread and let the dialog begin!
unloadedgunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 04:04 AM   #9
whitecrow
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_A View Post
If you are in striking range of a concentration of others, try and meet up with them, shake their hand, discuss, argue, solve problems and come together to form a conclusion. Even if you didn't manage to save the world, you would have contributed and at the very best, if the world becomes a peaceful place once again, you will have mede some friends.
Thanks, Steve! This is a good thread...underscores the real need for us to get out and give the world our faces. I've been putting out the call for GC members in my area to come out and meet, and y'all need to do the same.

Steve, I'd love to come to Brazil...no way to get out of the U.S. at this point however. We are thinking fairly seriously of a location in Arizona. A friend owns a house in a fairly remote location, and there are properties and businesses for sale, with potential, in nearby towns. And it's a reasonably safe place, with all the mystic sacredness of the American southwest thrown in for measure.

But this would be for rebuilding, less for a refuge. For now, both by my own will and by circumstances, I'm committed to my present location. And it's not a bad one. Ground crew members need to begin to meet, to talk, to plan, and to get to know each other's strengths and abilities. We need to already be doing this!
whitecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 04:26 AM   #10
Highdesertdrifter

Very good post my man. When the power gets turned off and the reality of it all sinks in, it will be too late for most, A lot of people on this site are here for the entertainment value and never will do anything, this is just like a video game to them. Just talking does not get anything done, thats what the politicians do talk, while the ship sinks. If you really believe that things are going to change and that the world will never be the same again, you will act and get prepared.

Those who really believe in what is coming soon have already taken some action, or soon will, the majority sadly will just die behind their keyboard, as the storm troopers break down your door and haul you out in the front yard and put a bullet between your eyes.

Reailty is not a pleasant thing to face, hopefully this will spurn people into action to protect themselves and their family. If you can't afford to do this by yourself, find other families and pool your resources, We need to get back to the mindset our grandparents had in working together, because like the original post says, you can't do this alone. If at least you try and fail, you gave it a shot,at leasted you tried, if you do nothing you have only yourself to blame....Peace

Last edited by Highdesertdrifter; 10-10-2008 at 04:31 AM.
Old 10-10-2008, 04:51 AM   #11
whitecrow
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highdesertdrifter View Post
A lot of people on this site are here for the entertainment value and never will do anything, this is just like a video game to them. Just talking does not get anything done...
Goes w/o saying. Gotta sift through the silly stuff and find the nuggets. The gamers will learn, some of them, some won't. Not our problem, really. Sorry, but that's how it is.

Quote:
...as the storm troopers break down your door and haul you out in the front yard and put a bullet between your eyes.
I don't think there will be much of that. If it comes, that's a quick and painless way to go.

Quote:
We need to get back to the mindset our grandparents had in working together, because like the original post says, you can't do this alone. If at least you try and fail, you gave it a shot,at leasted you tried, if you do nothing you have only yourself to blame....Peace
Can I get a witness! Say it, brother!

And we can do a lot, brothers and sisters! A lot.
Old 10-10-2008, 10:47 AM   #12
quest
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
I personally would love to meet other Ground Crew members, take them to the farm and spend a week discussing the possibilities of the future, however, it appears that I'm the only one here in the Northeast of Brazil.
this might be a contact, a dutchman active near brevez, merataua@yahoo.com.br
quest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 11:35 AM   #13
Steve_A
Project Avalon Moderator

Hi Quest,

I'd like to know where Brevez is. I even Googled it and nothing significant came up. Could you give me some light?

Best regards,

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by quest View Post
this might be a contact, a dutchman active near brevez, merataua@yahoo.com.br
Steve_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 12:00 PM   #14
quest
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Hi Quest,

I'd like to know where Brevez is. I even Googled it and nothing significant came up. Could you give me some light?

Best regards,

Steve
Hi Steve, does this link work for you?

http://maps.google.nl/maps?hl=nl&tab=wl

hmm, no it doesn't, if you go to google-maps and then fill out 'breves brazilie' it should show you the location. i'll try it on google earth, sec..

http://maps.google.nl/maps?hl=nl&ie=...,0.615234&z=11

Last edited by quest; 10-10-2008 at 12:13 PM.
Old 10-10-2008, 04:55 PM   #15
kopenhagen
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellie View Post
There is a section for people wanting to meet others in their area to create ground crews. Several groups there are meeting or are planning to meet. Be patient; give it time.
I agree but only 50% of us would like to plan something together, why? people don't trust each other anymore and people are more selfish
kopenhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 06:40 AM   #16
whitecrow
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
...we had a fad in the UK called CB radio...those people who lived near to each other began to meet up and before you knew it real relationships began to blossom, even marriages.
Thass a big ten-four, good buddy! I remember the CB fad very well indeed. By the way, those radios could be very useful in a survival or no-power situation!

Now we have the Internet, and in comparison it is magic. For the first time in history, people all over the world can share ideas in real time, interactively. This is a revolution. This is the next best thing to telepathy. And of course, it has also given rise to deep friendships and marriages. I met my wife in a chat room, as a matter of fact.

There is no question that today's shift of consciousness is abetted by the Internet. But it doesn't mean a thing until we stand up, turn off the computer, and walk outside and begin talking to people.

That's where the rubber meets the road.

Quote:
If you are in striking range of a concentration of others, try and meet up with them, shake their hand, discuss, argue, solve problems and come together

We have to break a paradigm here, to do that. If we don't, we're wasting our time.
Old 10-12-2008, 08:10 AM   #17
NatureGirl

One thing that I've noticed, being that I've lived in a variety of places, is the the sensitivity to "outside noise" and neighbourly comraderie. I am now in a city, but in a smaller suburb of this city. When I hear something strange going on outside, I go out to see what it is. No matter which time I've done this, I've often (actually always) been standing outside, most often in the dead of night, by myself. I've looked around to see if people are on their patios or peeking out windows, but nothing.

Now, when I go home to my small home town and a strange noise - or practically any noise for that matter (ambulance, fire trucks, the neighbours dog) people are up and out the door! The neighbours come outside, ask each other questions, find out where things are happening, who's involved, you name it. Not only that, but when I lived in Red Deer, AB, a drunk crashed his truck through a cement barricade a block away and bailed. I don't think I've ever seen so many people come outside, run down the street, call 911, run to the truck, talk to the neighbours, ,etc, etc - we were in our pj's and slippers - it was great.

Maybe people in the city are too sensitized, I just don't know. I get to know every single neighbour I've ever had. Not every neighbour, but at least one that I talk to regularly, and I get familiar with faces and comings and goings. You need to have someone to go to in an emergency, or even if you need an egg. In fact, my neighbour borrowed one egg from me a few months ago, then came back the next day to give me an egg back. I explained that I didn't want it back, I wanted her to know she could come to me if she needed to and I'd be happy that she did. I'm not perfect and have noticed that I am getting sensitized, as well. When we were home and my Mom hopped up to see where the ambulance was going, I turned to my husband and commented, "We've really been in the city too long because we don't jump anymore when an emergency vehicle goes by". However, on a positive note, when our building was being targeted by an arsenist, all the neighbours congregated outside and talked to each other...and you know what? The arsenist was a neighbour, he had ingratiated himself to everyone, stolen money, let his friends into the garage to steal our property, you name it - and, he was the first to call 911 when the fires started! Nevertheless, we were onto him and he was caught. So, I really don't know. It's important to know who your friends are, to be open to meeting others with similar views as yourself and to be cautious. As for the internet, of course we can't be certain who anyone is online, but we do know that there are people from around the world who care about the same issues and want to make a change. This is promising. This is the precursor to change. This is a tool that will help us to get where we need to go.

Last edited by NatureGirl; 10-12-2008 at 08:12 AM.
Old 10-12-2008, 09:04 AM   #18
whitecrow
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatureGirl View Post
...So, I really don't know. It's important to know who your friends are, to be open to meeting others with similar views as yourself and to be cautious. As for the internet, of course we can't be certain who anyone is online, but we do know that there are people from around the world who care about the same issues and want to make a change. This is promising. This is the precursor to change. This is a tool that will help us to get where we need to go.
Actually I think you've pointed out an important truth. When disaster strikes, people help each other. They come together. This is an important truth to remember. (Another is that when the money's no good, the soldiers and the cops will go home to be with their families).

Cities can be pretty gnarly places. I'm glad I live in a small one, and wouldn't mind living in a smaller one. At the same time, they have advantages in terms of resources and nearness of people. The Internet is great, it's a revolution in how you and I and all of us relate to the world. But unless we are taking what we gain and learn out into the world, it loses its potential to enliven. It is possible to let our interaction with computers become as deadening as TV.

What we're producing here online is energy...synergy is more accurate. The wise will multiply it by putting it to work in their physical surroundings.
Old 10-12-2008, 11:31 AM   #19
quest
Avalon Senior Member

it appears to me that this subject contains a sort of contradiction still at this time.

when people come together, the focus is easily going to be pointed outwards. discussions starting up, personal agenda's etc. there’s is probably work to do on a personal level first, each of us for our selves, before we can function in groups well. of cause this differs from person to person, some might very well be ready, but for what i have been observing, there is still work to do 'in silence'.
to go a little of topic, there are notifications about et's saying hello to us soon. i think if it happens, it will be a fake event. i feel until we can't get along really well amongst each other, it will be no point for space brothers to show up, cause what would be their role to play?
so i think, ground crews should not need to be a fantasy, if we pay enough attention to internal processes. Probably a matter of patience as people mentioned before.
Old 10-12-2008, 01:09 PM   #20
MacGyverCanada
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks for this post. I came onto Avalon hoping to meet up with some like-minded people and start hashing out some real plans. So far, I have read and exchanged a good amount of information, and I'm starting to recognize some members who seem to be 'like-minded', but in truth I have seen very little community building. That's not to say that it isn't happening; there could be lots going on with private messages or otherwise that we aren't aware of. And it's a good point that this forum is still in its infancy and is still evolving conceptually.

Building communities out of the aether will take time. We don't have the neighbourly familiarity of meeting eachother down by the mailbox every morning; we have to actively search for one another in a forum that is increasingly built upon extreme opinions and predictions. I think that in order for this to work, we will have to accept a much more loose idea of what it means to be 'like-minded'. Keep your eyes and hearts open, and make some friends while there is still time.
MacGyverCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 01:58 PM   #21
Kituwa
Avalon Senior Member

Thank you everyone, this is what i had hoped for. Some great thoughts left already and it is a great encouragement to read others thoughts like this. Please keep it up!
Kituwa is offline   Reply With Quote