Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Old 11-29-2008, 07:34 PM   #1
Sir-Chi
Avalon Senior Member

Default The Boy With The Incredible Brain

http://video.google.com/videosearch?...b=0&aq=-1&oq=#

This is the breathtaking story of Daniel Tammet. A twenty-something with extraordinary mental abilities, Daniel is one of the world?s few savants. He can do calculations to 100 decimal places in his head, and learn a language in a week. This documentary follows Daniel as he travels to America to meet the scientists who are convinced he may hold the key to unlocking similar abilities in everyone. He also meets the world?s most famous savant, the man who inspired Dustin Hoffman?s character in the Oscar winning film ?Rain Man?. (2005)
Sir-Chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 07:41 PM   #2
IronWoman

Default Re: The Boy With The Incredible Brain

yes! i can remember a documentary that i have seen about sevants! abosultely amazing. I remember there were a few people whos' brains were very different from an average being.

Any who.. their auditory-visual-and "taste" lol-- part of the brain were all interconnected! and they could taste words and see the letters as they were heard.

Very amazing. I suppose in the future-- the more artistic folks will have this gift of tasting and seeing words.
-and people more on the 'technical'- side of things which are interested in math, science, etc.. will have the 'mathematical brain"

lol.. excuse my un-technical words..
Old 11-29-2008, 07:42 PM   #3
LiquidSwordz
Avalon Senior Member

It maybe true that he has astonishing mental abilities, but he is still retarded. He can memorize, and calculate huge numbers, but he fails to achieve great achievements in the academics.

He has not written any books, published any papers, or even have recieved any recognition in the educational society's. I wouldn't call this kid having an incredible brain, i would just say "he just has an incredible skill."
LiquidSwordz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 11:52 PM   #4
henners
Project Avalon Researcher

I just saw that video and i was amazed by his ability. I have a daughter with "Aspergers Syndrome" which is a mild form of "Autism". She also had an "Epileptic Seizure" ten years or so ago. Similar to the gentleman on the video. I have noticed that she has some amazing abilities with some subjects. Incredible memory in subjects she likes.

There seems to be a link with Autism and epilepsy. I have seen this before with other kids.

In my opinion, i think the human brain is evolving, little by little. At the present time, all the links in the brain are not connecting properly, so these people come across as retarded, or slow. I can speak from personal experience as i see this everyday. But eventually, i think we will all have these abilities, not in our lifetime but over the next generations.

They say that when you put together autistic kids, they communicate with each other a lot better than with the rest of us so called "normal" people.

I look forward to more scientific research on this subject as not only is it close to my heart, but i also think this is the way our brain is evolving and we need to pay more attention to it.

Please watch this video and educate yourself on this subject.
Choose wisely which ones you throw.
henners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 11:55 PM   #5
capreycorn
Avalon Senior Member

mind blowing
capreycorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 11:58 PM   #6
alyscat
Avalon Senior Member

I think the word you're looking for is synesthesia.

alys

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWoman View Post
yes! i can remember a documentary that i have seen about sevants! abosultely amazing. I remember there were a few people whos' brains were very different from an average being.

Any who.. their auditory-visual-and "taste" lol-- part of the brain were all interconnected! and they could taste words and see the letters as they were heard.

Very amazing. I suppose in the future-- the more artistic folks will have this gift of tasting and seeing words.
-and people more on the 'technical'- side of things which are interested in math, science, etc.. will have the 'mathematical brain"

lol.. excuse my un-technical words..
alyscat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 05:01 PM   #7
AndyH
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSwordz View Post
It maybe true that he has astonishing mental abilities, but he is still retarded. He can memorize, and calculate huge numbers, but he fails to achieve great achievements in the academics.

He has not written any books, published any papers, or even have recieved any recognition in the educational society's. I wouldn't call this kid having an incredible brain, i would just say "he just has an incredible skill."
He's not retarded at all?! I thought that was the whole point of the vid, he still retains is social ability and can discuss how he visualizes the numbers as patterns.

As for the educational societies...perhaps he doesn't give a damn about all that...and rightly so!
AndyH is offline   Reply With Quote