Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 01-12-2010, 09:21 PM   #1
Machforce1
Avalon Senior Member

Default The PTB are up in arms over Avatar

This is the second ridiculous slam that I've seen on this movie. Every mainstream media outlet is racing to criticize the movie in anyway that they can. They have realized how deeply affected most people are after seeing this film and so far, have come up with nothing other than petty attacks on the film. The film has been called racist and now even the Vatican has jumped on the bandwagon. It's unreal:

http://movies.msn.com/movies/article...1321&gt1=28101
Machforce1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 09:27 PM   #2
joe2288
Avalon Senior Member

Arrow Re: The PTB are up in arms over Avatar

VATICAN CITY — The Vatican newspaper and radio station have called the film

“Avatar” simplistic, and criticized it for flirting with modern doctrines that

promote the worship of nature as a substitute for religion.

It seems this movie is has angered TPTB . It also seems

to be the biggest movie of all time.
joe2288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:07 PM   #3
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The PTB are up in arms over Avatar

yes, it should be twittered widely

have NOT yet, gone to see it ~ definitely will

the last movie, i saw, at a theatre
was Pirates of The Carib with Johnny Depp

(and, anywhere online you can add a review, do so)
THE eXchanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:11 PM   #4
PilotSimone
Avalon Senior Member

Rupert Murdoch's News Corp (owner of 20th Century Fox) has raked in $1.1 Billion for this film so far, so it doesn't make me feel so good on that level.

'Avatar' boosts all of News Corp

For those who have seen it. Does it really portray them WORSHIPPING nature?
PilotSimone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:29 PM   #5
Initiate
Avalon Senior Member

It portrays the conectedness of all things. It explores Spirit and how all things are connected to spirit and have spirit. The Planet/Moon Pandora has a spirit that can rise up with all things that are connected to it against the "Beast"

"I See You"

Is this a falsehood? I don't think so. Do you?
Initiate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:34 PM   #6
Barron
Avalon Senior Member

Two different very spiritually aware friends saw this movie and liked it so much they both independently went back and saw it a 2nd time! So, yeah, i shall make the effort as a non-cinema go-er to go see it.
Barron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:39 PM   #7
TheChosen
Avalon Senior Member

If the Vatican is complaining about something, then you know there is truth in it

I've witheld for now any detailed descriptions of Avatar since I don't even know where to begin ... I don't think most people have realized yet the expansion of human consciousness this movie is bringing..

You see... I can't even write more.. too powerful feelings run through me even when thinking about it
TheChosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:45 PM   #8
Instead
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChosen View Post
I don't think most people have realized yet the expansion of human consciousness this movie is bringing..
Amen to that, TheChosen.
Instead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 12:04 AM   #9
PilotSimone
Avalon Senior Member

Well, I'm really excited to hear from people on HERE that this movie is mind-expanding.

My 18-year old niece saw it last week and she is obsessed with it now. She said she feels like that's where she belongs.

Do you see any cons to the film?
Old 01-13-2010, 12:16 AM   #10
TheChosen
Avalon Senior Member

PilotSimone: There is one big negative side effect of this movie. It you are not centered enough and don't understand currently the human condition it can really depress you... once you realize how things could be and how things actually are... you will want to leave this planet immediately.
TheChosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 12:18 AM   #11
Rena
Avalon Senior Member

Beautiful movie, very spiritual. I loved the end when they told the earth people to go back to their dying planet. I can't quote it exactly but it was something to that effect. We plan on buying it when it comes out in DVD.
Rena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 12:31 AM   #12
Machforce1
Avalon Senior Member

"I don't think most people have realized yet the expansion of human consciousness this movie is bringing.."

You are absolutely correct. This is PRECISELY why the vatican has something to say about it. They have realized it as well.
Machforce1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 03:19 AM   #13
AscendingStarseed
Avalon Senior Member

At this moment in time, anything that can hasten the awakening or enlightenment of the masses is desperately needed...I haven't seen it yet, but it sounds like something that will help the indigo children to wake up to the magic that lies in the world that surrounds them and how they are One with their world.

As people wake up to our Oneness with each other and the universe, our ability to change the world without guns or militia's will increase exponentially...and that's what PTB are so frightened of. They know that what lies within the collective consciousness is the power to stop them dead in their tracks, without us ever having to lift a finger. Its all in the power of our minds and our intent to change which can literally move mountains, once we Unite.

But they've done a magnificent jog at separating us all into our own little techno-gadget worlds so we're more comfortable with our technology (computers, games, iphones, ipods, mp3) than we are with each other. We are totally disconnected from each other as well as the life that is our planet Earth reflected in nature.

No wonder the PTB are threatened by the concepts the movie projects, especially when it triggers such deep responses from people that it causes them reflect on the meaning of life and purpose of existence. Hopefully it will help to wake the sleeping masses to see through the transparency of the lies the Church has told for thousands of years, the tide is turning on them and they know it. Apparently Avatar is just one piece of the puzzle on the journey towards humanity's ascension, there are bound to be more wake up calls...
AscendingStarseed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 03:43 AM   #14
happyhollergal
Avalon Senior Member

I can't remember what news site posted an article about this yesterday, but the article claimed that people are committing suicide in record numbers after seeing Avatar. That's absolute hogwash, but what else should I expect to read from main stream media??? I saw it last weekend, free online, and it was absolutely astounding. I loved the little spirit creatures that floated around. The Vatican has no sway with me, so let them claim whatever they will. People who see it will be effected in a very positive way in my opinion. It's surely an eye opener and should touch the hearts of many worldwide.
happyhollergal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 03:51 AM   #15
fitzy3400
Avalon Senior Member

Quote From Article:

"In a recent World Day of Peace message, the pontiff warned against any notions that equate humans and other living things. He said such notions "open the way to a new pantheism tinged with neo-paganism, which would see the source of man's salvation in nature alone."" End Quote.

WOW, they are really in trouble now. We are all waking up to the realization that all things are one and this compromises their money making scheme and orders of control. I have not seen this movie yet but I do applaud Cameron and the movie. Cameron was definitely inspired to do this film, no doubt in my mind.

I am starting to see an unraveling of things in my 'waking' life and I see how everyone is all over the place trying to keep it 'normal', but this will be self defeating since change is the only constant.

Best of luck to all.
fitzy3400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 03:55 AM   #16
happyhollergal
Avalon Senior Member

(CNN) -- James Cameron's completely immersive spectacle "Avatar" may have been a little too real for some fans who say they have experienced depression and suicidal thoughts after seeing the film because they long to enjoy the beauty of the alien world Pandora.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/Movi...ues/index.html
happyhollergal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 04:16 AM   #17
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

If people were really comitting suicide in large numbers I expect the Vatican would plug it more and get people to go and see it

Instead they realise that the underlying message of the film is being accurately perceived by more than the expected number of people so it needs to be trashed. It wont work, they are not as influential as they once were.

A..
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 05:14 AM   #18
Menkaure
Avalon Senior Member

I saw the movie and it effected me so much, I was crying at one point. Organized religion is loosing so much power that they'll take any chance to elbow their views into the mainstream. The Vatican should put this wasted effort into doing more to stop their pedophiles than criticizing a MOVIE!

"...fans who say they have experienced depression and suicidal thoughts after seeing the film because they long to enjoy the beauty of the alien world Pandora."

I actually felt this. Every time Jakesully 'came back' I felt a depression trying to sneak in. I wanted to 'go back'.

Here is a way to look at it:
People on this kind of web site believe this universe is infinite. So the number of inhabited worlds, by definition, is also infinite. That means that there IS a world like Pandora somewhere.
Menkaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 06:32 AM   #19
futureyes
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menkaure View Post
I saw the movie and it effected me so much, I was crying at one point. Organized religion is loosing so much power that they'll take any chance to elbow their views into the mainstream. The Vatican should put this wasted effort into doing more to stop their pedophiles than criticizing a MOVIE!

"...fans who say they have experienced depression and suicidal thoughts after seeing the film because they long to enjoy the beauty of the alien world Pandora."

I actually felt this. Every time Jakesully 'came back' I felt a depression trying to sneak in. I wanted to 'go back'.

Here is a way to look at it:
People on this kind of web site believe this universe is infinite. So the number of inhabited worlds, by definition, is also infinite. That means that there IS a world like Pandora somewhere.
i think so too menkaure ...
i believe it's called earth ...

futureyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 05:34 AM   #20
Operator
Avalon Senior Member

I saw avatar a 2nd time today ... not because I wanted to but my daughters and wife did !
Of course I didn't mind though ... it's amazing what you pick up anew the 2nd time

When it comes to aliens, conspiracy, hidden technology, hidden agendas etc. I stand very very alone in my family.
But apparently these films indeed assist in the awakening of people.

One of the inspiring moments is when Trudy decides to switch sides. She locks the arms on her chopper and literally says: "This is not what I signed up for"

There are so many more enlightening moments:

The Na'vi (wordgame on naive ?) cannot believe they will be attacked ...
Not after a warning by word ... then even after they are attacked with gas
Then Colonel Miles Quaritch literally says:
"I don't think they got the message" () and then they launch rockets to create more havoc ....

Apparently the 'naive' need to be overwhelmed by 'hard' evidence otherwise they won't move on
Operator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 06:07 AM   #21
LucidJia
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhollergal View Post
(CNN) -- James Cameron's completely immersive spectacle "Avatar" may have been a little too real for some fans who say they have experienced depression and suicidal thoughts after seeing the film because they long to enjoy the beauty of the alien world Pandora.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/Movi...ues/index.html
Whats wrong with earth? It is full of beauty and unique nature wonders. Maybe they should get out doors and experience the allure and wonderment that is Gaia.

To many People always want what they dont have and take all that they have right in front of them for granted.

I came away from avatar thinking I need to go out into nature more and appreciate all the amazing things we can experience while on earth.

Namaste, Jia.
LucidJia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 07:25 AM   #22
lucrum
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucidJia View Post
Whats wrong with earth? It is full of beauty and unique nature wonders. Maybe they should get out doors and experience the allure and wonderment that is Gaia.

To many People always want what they dont have and take all that they have right in front of them for granted.

I came away from avatar thinking I need to go out into nature more and appreciate all the amazing things we can experience while on earth.

Namaste, Jia.
Right on, there is so many beautiful places of our own planet I really want to visit. It may not be bioluminescent, but it sure looks stunning either way!

Now to stop greedy bastards from destroying that of course!
lucrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 07:41 AM   #23
Derek
Avalon Senior Member

Alex Jones (cointelpro, knights of malta) is also bashing it.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 08:13 AM   #24
PilotSimone
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek View Post
Alex Jones (cointelpro, knights of malta) is also bashing it.
Here's the video for that: Alex Jones reviews 'Avatar'

I can't comment on his review because I haven't seen the movie yet, but am curious what others think of his perspective.
Old 01-13-2010, 08:19 AM   #25
LucidJia
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucrum View Post
Right on, there is so many beautiful places of our own planet I really want to visit. It may not be bioluminescent, but it sure looks stunning either way!

Now to stop greedy bastards from destroying that of course!
I have been swimming in Bio-luminescence in the shores of western Canada. That was an amazing night!

I have been in several mystical glow worm caves here in NZ, very peaceful.

And walked among fire flies in the Malaysian jungles. They actually synchronize their flashes among large groups.

Avatar is not unlike Earth in many ways.

Namaste, Jia.
LucidJia is offline   Reply With Quote